Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 49, Trendall wrote:I don't get how you can not be sure though. The alternatives are that he genuinely believes that lynching somebody on the basis that in the last game they were lynched town won is a good strategy. Or he is mafia and believes that he can convince other town members that lynching somebody on the basis that last game they were lynched town won is a good strategy.

These aren't genuine points of view that a person could possibly hold, surely?
I think you are both on the same page, he seemed to be uneasy about the following:
There's this game I was in recently where a VT got lynched and my team won! Oh wait that was you. Sorry about that. It's also my only game, so it has to count, right?

Gotta keep the lynch Alonzo for the win strategy going. Hammer on Alonzo = Scum. Fact. We need to up your vote count so Scum can hammer you again.

vote Alonzo
for the same reasons you are, if anyone thinks a prior game can somehow shadow a current game that person is crazy
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 50, Thespio wrote:if anyone thinks a prior game can somehow shadow a current game that person is crazy
He doesn't think that though, it's clearly a tongue-in-cheek post, that's my point.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 51, Trendall wrote:
In post 50, Thespio wrote:if anyone thinks a prior game can somehow shadow a current game that person is crazy
He doesn't think that though, it's clearly a tongue-in-cheek post, that's my point.
right but say he genuinely believes it, whats your response?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Trendall »

If Qubo does? Then he's insane. But it's not reasonable to assume he genuinely believes it, especially given the tone of his post.

So safebet222 takes an obviously joke post, goes 'hey what if this isn't a joke post...then it's really scummy right?'. It seems like you really have to bend over backwards to make that argument, or it's 'forced' as people say. That is what my objection was, I don't think we were on the same page like you say.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Thespio »

Idk, I fell like you may be over analyzing something, I don't see Safebet gaining anything from being like 'I recognize your humor, but hey! don't accuse me' your behavior though seems to be really pushing suspicion when there is no reason to.
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:20 am

Post by safebet222 »

Trendall... You're much more fun with a bottle of prosecco in you. :]

I assure you the joking nature of his post wasn't lost on me. Why is it unreasonable to see a post as having an ulterior motive? Wasn't the Oracle glitch bit a joke that won you a game as scum once?
Qubu
Qubu
Townie
Qubu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Qubu »

In post 40, safebet222 wrote:
In post 39, Qubu wrote:
There's this game I was in recently where a VT got lynched and my team won! Oh wait that was you. Sorry about that. It's also my only game, so it has to count, right?

Gotta keep the lynch Alonzo for the win strategy going. Hammer on Alonzo = Scum. Fact. We need to up your vote count so Scum can hammer you again.

vote Alonzo
I don't like this at all. I hope this was tongue-in-cheek.
I feel like that should have been obvious and you are reeaalllly stretching to make it something it isn't.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Trendall »

I feel like Thespio has either misread the conversation between me and safebet222 or I'm not sure. safebet222 is fine for now and was probably just trying to get the game rolling, but Thespio is questionable.

With the oracle glitch thing, when I said that I never ever expected in a million years that somebody would actually believe it. You make a good point bringing that up though, people will believe completely mad things every now and again I guess.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #1.2:

Alonzo:
Malakittens, Qubu (2)
Malakittens:
Alonzo (1)
Thespio:
Thespio (1)
Clemency:
safebet222 (1)
Trendall:
Clemency (1)
BattleBar:
VeridianCleric (1)

Not Voting:
BattlerBar, Trendall

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

V/LA:
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-11-05 09:50:00)
Last edited by Rob14 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Rob14 »

Roo replaces BattleBar effective immediately.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Vote:ROO

Welcome
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I know I have been MIA. I’ll be here in a few hours. I’m just resting as I just got off from work (:
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Anyways sorry better late than never but tags!

Spoiler: All Possible (Standard) Vote Methods

Code: Select all

[v](Name)[/v]

[vote](Name)[/vote]

[b]VOTE: (Name)[/b]

[unvote](name)[/unvote]

[uv](Name)[/uv]

[b]UNVOTE: (Name)[/b]

All the above are valid methods of voting.
You don't need to put the name of the player you're unvoting, only voting.
(However, mods really appricate it if you put the name of the player you're voting if manually making the VC (or Vote Count)).

stolen from another thread.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Alright so part of me doesn't really see the thing that others are jumping on when Qubu voted Alonzo. Just seems like old game history to me

Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 60, Alonzo wrote:
Vote:ROO

Welcome
Hi, happy to be here

VOTE: Alonzo
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Rob14 »

VeridianCleric and Clemency have been prodded.
VeridianCleric
VeridianCleric
Goon
VeridianCleric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:07 am

Post by VeridianCleric »

In post 63, Malakittens wrote:Alright so part of me doesn't really see the thing that others are jumping on when Qubu voted Alonzo. Just seems like old game history to me
Agreed, I believe somebody mentioned that old game has nothing to do with current games, unless of course they are able to see the posting style and pattern of a person and correlate that to here. However, as this is a newbie thread I doubt anybody here have played enough games together to get that distinction LOL.
I did play a game once where it was a cascading game and a speed game, was fun but OH MAN you had to keep your wits about you when we got to the final 4th game for the weekend!

Thanks Mal. for posting the tags, didn't realize it wasn't using standard Html tags on here so that helps ;)

testing
Unvote
VeridianCleric
VeridianCleric
Goon
VeridianCleric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:08 am

Post by VeridianCleric »

Just to let group know I'll be quiet today, I have a 1500 word thesis due at midnight EST, LOL
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:25 am

Post by Clemency »

woah i didn't realise i've been that useless hi i'm here
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:13 am

Post by safebet222 »

In post 57, Trendall wrote:I feel like Thespio has either misread the conversation between me and safebet222 or I'm not sure. safebet222 is fine for now and was probably just trying to get the game rolling, but Thespio is questionable.

With the oracle glitch thing, when I said that I never ever expected in a million years that somebody would actually believe it. You make a good point bringing that up though, people will believe completely mad things every now and again I guess.
I like joking around as much as the next person, but I wasn't gonna talk about the damn weather for another 3 pages.

At any rate, Trendall, can you expand on why Thespio's defense of me is questionable? Is it questionable in a "reasonable/unreasonable" manner like your thoughts on my comments? Or do you see something that is possibly alignment indicative?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Trendall »

Well he said that you and I were on the same page when we weren’t, he said that I was uneasy about Qubo’s post when I wasn’t, and then he characterised your original post as ‘I recognize your humor, but hey! don't accuse me’, which…I’m just not sure which game he’s reading I guess.

I don’t see anything particularly alignment indicative from anyone at the moment. I thought you were scummy originally but then you defend yourself well.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Alright so as much as I hate RQS. We actually need to get some discussion going.

@Everyone:
Whats your experience in playing mafia?
Whats your favorite alignment, if you have one?

Mine:

Been onsite for about 6 years. played 4 years in a row then RL hit. Also have been to a bunch of scummer meets played rl. Also had another site prior to MS.
Alignment: Town.

Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Trendall »

In post 71, Malakittens wrote:@Everyone:
I started off playing with friends in real life and on private forums about ten years ago. I've played maybe about ten games on this forum and then thousands on epicmafia over the years. I didn't play forum mafia for about six years but recently decided it might be interesting to get back into.

I only really like playing townsided roles. Weirdly I don't recall ever being mafia sided in a forum game, so I don't know if it would be easier on a forum than on epicmafia or whatever, but in general I'm such a bad liar that being mafia doesn't excite me. It is the deception spotting aspect of this game that is interesting to me.

This is a real slow paced game so far, yeah.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 71, Malakittens wrote:Alright so as much as I hate RQS. We actually need to get some discussion going.

@Everyone:
Was a theatre kid in high school, and this was a favorite game of ours when we would just be hanging out with nothing to do. Started playing forum mafia on a music message board a few years ago. We would only have 1 game running at a time, and the players would come from the same pool of like 25 people. So even though the games were only 11 people, the board was very active so we would get through them at a really great pace. Also since we played so often, a lot of long term knowledge of the other players went into the game play which was fun. But alas, the game is almost nonexistent at this point. Heated games and certain players going over the line, plus overall board activity going down has caused games to be hard to come by for a while. So I thought I'd venture over here and give it a whirl.

Favorite alignment is definitely any town role. More fun to try and solve the mystery than try and be the wolf in sheep's clothing.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Alonzo »

I started playing Offsite around 18 months ago, onsite just over a year. Offsite I only play Star Wars flavour Mafia.

Got my first win on site as scum a couple of games ago, but played for a year and only rolled scum twice, the first being my third ever game...

I don't have a preference for alignment, I enjoy the challenge of scum, but like the commaradery of town (until it implodes anyways!)

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”