DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by DVa »

I believe the rules say a gentleman can only accept one proposal, which gives the impression of finality yes.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah it’s final
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

My opinion on Sakura is that even if immediately asking Kokichi to dance is not very pro-town behavior, it's not necessarily a scum move and her defense as to why she did it seem reasonable to me.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 190, MariaR wrote:You're kinda easy to pocket when you're town Sakura so my worry is if Kokichi is scum with you town you'll hard defend him. The fact you ask with no breaks and it's a 0 poster makes me think you won't worry about that because you could be scum.
Mostly this I feel like town sakura would be more careful and aware of how scum kokichi can play around her. She doesn't have to worry about that if she's scum of course.

In post 290, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 288, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I think Maria<->Cakez is a good pairing.

I also think Dunnstral<->LLD is a good pairing.

Because frankly 1) I think all four of those names are town now seeing their posting

and 2) I think all four of those names are entirely unafraid of killing themselves to kill the other if they get the slightest hint of them being scum.

I do want to run it by other people's reads, specifically interested in our confirmed town's perspective on things, but yeah I think those are a few good pairings.
I dont have TRs on any of those 4
In post 340, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 338, SirCakez wrote:Hi yes people
Why does LLD look town?
In post 518, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 514, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's always funny to me how my top scumread on D1 is always a universal townread (i feel like mentioning it's not LLD.)
Really, I am FoSing MariaR and LLD.
Where is any of the reasoning of why in these posts? She just shades players but never gives any reasoning herself on why she feels this way. The only reason I'm not pressing on this harder is town sakura always srs me out of fear.

The only Sakura post I found towny would this one because I know this feeling
In post 397, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 393, Firebringer wrote:Why don’t you care or want to be townread?
Because the thing that happens after winning a scumgame while getting obvtown or locktown read, is that people will question their ability to read me and will never townread me again, and so i will probably be ML'd for several town games in a row, so im just pre-emptively preparing for the worst.
Given I just won a scumgame myself and I expect a lot of people to suspect me simply because of who I am I can understand her feelings here. This can be typed as scum because she can truly feel this but this is the only post I've found remotely towny.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by DVa »

Yeah, I can see why you dislike those posts, but I feel like scum Sakura would have written them differently.

Instead of quoting the post and responding with her different take, she'd say, "LLD townreads [these four people], but that's wrong."

Like it's how she engages for me. When she was scum in BoR, she was 'this person said this, this person said that, this is how I feel about this thing that happened.'

Here she's, "You're wrong" and "I'm fosing here" and "but why?"

Like the style and structure of engagement seems really different to me and that's one of the things that always stands out to me in how certain people play scum vs town. it's why I was scumreading her in BoR and why I'm not here
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

ive gotten extremely sick.

consider me v/la until this passes or i am dead.

i am hoping for the latter rn.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 0, FakeGod wrote:Ladies
MariaR
DVa
Sakura Hana
Moment
Malakittens
Firebringer
Princess Celestia
Lady Lambdadelta
ChibiBear
I'd like to see MariaR, DVa, Moment, Firebringer, and Lady Lambdadelta get a pairing

I'm pretty sure Sakura will get a pair regardless

Looks like that leaves Malakittens, Princess Celestia, and ChibiBear as potential candidates. I don't really have a reason to read Princess Celestia either way, If they're scum we'll probably find out anyway later so I'd prefer if they got a pairing, probably.

Malakittens, now would be a good time to start posting 'seriously'?

ChibiBear, I'm not saying you're scum but the way you only ask questions but never really give your own thoughts or engage is kind of suspicious looking
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

I literally just gave some of my own thoughts my dude.

I've been rereading through the entire topic because I was massively hungover yesterday, I'll be engaging more very soon, don't worry!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 541, DVa wrote:
In post 500, Dunnstral wrote:Me giving a read list isn't anything weird
I mean you didn't do anything near a reads list in Boundaries of Reality, but I guess that game was really short

Of the three of these you have been in, you didn't give a reads list in Midsummer Night's Revelry (where you were town) or New Year's Eve (where you were scum), but you did in Valentine's Dance (where you were also scum) and I haven't seen any of your games where you throw down a reads list as your very first post

I'm not gonna say it's antitown or scummy it just throws me off since my impression of you in Boundaries of Reality was a lot more laid back. Since you're a guy here and you literally cannot die in this phase of the game it's confusing to me why you would be trying really hard to be seen as protown. Since it feels like the other guys are bundles of apathy or freewheeling it (<3 Karmy) you coming in as unusually organized struck me

maybe you just hit the thread where there was already content so you felt like you could do a reads list. I dunno
1st of all there is more to this game than pre-dance
2nd of all I don't think there's any significant correlation between my alignment and whether or not I post a reads list, even if you feel that way. Remember that me being laid back/not giving reads in Boundaries of Reality was in part due to my role as 2 shot vig that died to desperados
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 557, ChibiBear wrote:I literally just gave some of my own thoughts my dude.

I've been rereading through the entire topic because I was massively hungover yesterday, I'll be engaging more very soon, don't worry!
You gave a 1 line explanation about something that happened on the first page, and even then you only said that what she was saying seems reasonable (which is very vague)

I'm just saying, I have reasons to want other people to get partners, do you think there are girls that shouldn't get a partner aside from you? Let's leave out Princess Celestia for now
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

At this point? Not really to be honest.

I'm godawful at gathering reads from other people's interactions since I don't know who I can trust, so you're just going to have to give me a little more time to actually engage and talk to people properly since I was absent for most of yesterday.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by MariaR »

I like that answer.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 560, ChibiBear wrote:At this point? Not really to be honest.

I'm godawful at gathering reads from other people's interactions since I don't know who I can trust, so you're just going to have to give me a little more time to actually engage and talk to people properly since I was absent for most of yesterday.

OK maybe a smaller pool of choices would help

If you had to choose between asking either Shortaru or Gamma Emerald to the dance, and you could only pick one, which would you choose? Why?
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

I will give a short list of players that I have an opinion on though:

Shotaru - Neutral/Leaning scum? He's said quite a few strange things, not sure if genuine or on purpose to exaggerate newb-ness, will watch carefully.
Kokichi - Prob town
Karmeleon - Behavior seems anti-town but I'm not really getting a scum vibe from him.
Gamma - Feels like he's posted a fair but but hasn't said much, definitely keeping an eye on him.
Dunnstral - Leaning prob town

Firebringer - Bit of an anarchist vibe but not necessarily scummy, especially since 1 or 2 people mentioned that this is how they usually play as town. Leaning prob town.
LLD - Prob town
DVa - Prob town
Sakura - Leaning prob town
Moment - I agree with a lot of the things she says which makes me want to lean town buuuuuut I am still very on the fence because bias.

Pedit: Gimmie a sec
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by shortaru »

In post 563, ChibiBear wrote:He's said quite a few strange things, not sure if genuine or on purpose to exaggerate newb-ness
Such as?
Does this post forward a scum win con, or do you just think I'm strange?

Strange != Scum
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

In post 562, DVa wrote:
In post 560, ChibiBear wrote:At this point? Not really to be honest.

OK maybe a smaller pool of choices would help

If you had to choose between asking either Shortaru or Gamma Emerald to the dance, and you could only pick one, which would you choose? Why?
Well they are both on my hmmmmm list so as of right now, I'd probably pick Shortaru because his level of game experience is closer to mine so if he turns out to be scum, I think there's a better chance I will be able to identify it vs Gamma who could probably throw me for a loop more easily. (No offense to intended towards Shortaru's play skill, you're just newer.)

Heading off to lunch, back in a bit.

Pedit: Will answer you when I get back.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 563, ChibiBear wrote:Karmeleon -
Behavior seems anti-town
but I'm not really getting a scum vibe from him.
What?
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 563, ChibiBear wrote:Firebringer - Bit of an anarchist vibe but not necessarily scummy, especially since 1 or 2 people mentioned that this is how they usually play as town. Leaning prob town.

I feel like I'm in principle opposed to townreading someone based on a meta of anti-town behavior. Why do you lean prob town here rather than "hmm" or null?
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by shortaru »

In post 210, shortaru wrote:
In post 204, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 202, shortaru wrote:
In post 196, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 145, Moment wrote:And so explain to me how that thought (whether it's true or not) leads to the conclusion "I should pair with someone whose alignment I have literally random information regarding"? Assuming you're town, of course.
If he pairs up with me and i scumread him ill just leave the dance. It's not like im forced to live with him all game.
But what if you're wrong?

I don't like suicide bombing, better to leave lynches to groupthink.
Oh my god this one is scum too I seriously have been trying to calm myself.

Surely all the scum can't be present early on, we're missing so many people.

But this is.....
I'm scum because you disagree, or do you agree with bombs being bad but consider me scum anyway?
@LLD, I don't think you responded to this?
Does this post forward a scum win con, or do you just think I'm strange?

Strange != Scum
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 0, FakeGod wrote:At the end of the pre-dance, any player who doesn't have a dance partner will be asked to leave the dance. (death)
Look

It's not just one player.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Yo I have been following along today but obviously I took the L on actually commenting. Will try to write up some thoughts and reread.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 556, Dunnstral wrote:Malakittens, now would be a good time to start posting 'seriously'?
My workweek just burned me last week and I have been fostering what i believe might be a cold all day yesterday and today. Now I have to go drive for my volly dept. At least i won't touch patients so i cant get them sick!

I can't really read this thread in it's whole entirely until maybe monday afternoon at the earliest and tuesday at the latest.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Random shit that's mostly irrelevant:
In post 407, Firebringer wrote:U leave it to maria, cakez
Unless u think Maria is scum

Then ur kind of tucked
This might be what I end up doing no joke.
In post 410, Firebringer wrote:
In post 408, Brian Skies wrote:I can see through you firepup.
I mean you and cakez are the only ones besides RC I would want to share a PT with and actually post in lol
yay fire loves me
In post 414, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 405, SirCakez wrote:Kokichi how do I read u
Always townread me. That way even if you're wrong you can say that you were tricked by the Ultimate liar and you won't feel as bad after
I'll take a pass on this "tactic"
In post 418, Moment wrote:
In post 331, SirCakez wrote:-confessing now I'm skimming walls this game @moment/LLD
I don't post "walls".
Mini-walls then

The only read related thought I got re-reading that was Chibi's readslist on this page was terrible. Didn't go as far to call anybody scummy, always fencesitting and neutral leans. Very very safe.
Lots of spam posting and stuff I can't read otherwise.

Also btw fun fact I'm already deathly paranoid RC is scumreading me ,due to the post where he alluded to a townread player being a scumread, and gonna deathtunnel me. Which would be ass I fucking hate being tunneled by RC.

Honestly I'm prob gonna be sheeping a good amount this game, there are several players I have no clue how to read (especially Sakura/Kokichi) and I'm way less confident in my mafia skills then I used to be due to all my breaks from playing.
/Useless wall of "content"
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

In post 564, shortaru wrote:
In post 563, ChibiBear wrote:He's said quite a few strange things, not sure if genuine or on purpose to exaggerate newb-ness
Such as?
Examples: (Btw please don't think I'm that having a go at you or anything, I'm genuinely just not sure what to make of you yet.)
In post 431, shortaru wrote:
In post 430, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 427, shortaru wrote:I was under the impression that this game is town-sided considering vi haven't seen a scum win yet.
Last time i played this game scum won coz i suicided out of paranoia and screwed a town auto win.
Oh?

Which one? I missed that one. :oops:
In post 131, Moment wrote:
In post 117, shortaru wrote:
In post 110, Moment wrote:
In post 3, shortaru wrote: I've been looking over some of the old dances since my /in, and wow, this game is different. Cool, though!
Is that so? From what I remember it seems relatively similar. What's different?
Several lynches per day, only 1 night kill, roster of all lovers, lynches not resetting deadline, etc.

These rules are nothing like the way I'm used to playing.
Ah, different from regular games of mafia - I thought you meant different from the previous dances.
I mean you specified different from old dances but then you go on to describe non-dance games.
In post 66, shortaru wrote:
In post 35, DVa wrote:What do you think of Shortaru not understanding that none of the bros will be left out at the start of the game?
Doh!

I had been reading another dance where a gentleman got stood up and wasn't paying attention to the flipped #'s in this game.

Sorry! :lol:
You seem to have a pretty good grip on the game otherwise so imma just keep an eye on you.
Insert watchy eyes emoji here.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

In post 566, Karmeleon wrote:
In post 563, ChibiBear wrote:Karmeleon -
Behavior seems anti-town
but I'm not really getting a scum vibe from him.
What?
Okay anti-town is a bit strong but come on bro, stuff like this is not helpful.
In post 484, Karmeleon wrote:
In post 483, shortaru wrote:
In post 477, Karmeleon wrote:
In post 439, Princess Celestia wrote:You all sure do post a lot on this board! I have been ill today with a fever, so I have not been able to keep up with the rapid pace of posting! I'm unfamiliar with the right ways to play this dance game so I will go with the majority plan
Gonna say this is town
Being sick is town?
Yes
I want to town read you, I really do since you seem fairly genuine so far but you're gonna have to give me more solid a reason to do so.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”