Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Clemency »

post 210* not 240
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 296, Auro wrote:@Sash: Check my posts , and .

Thoughts?
I agree with 147 a lot, and with 214 too. 266 is less telling to me, but I can't go opposite of it either.
What I get, in short, is that he was being evasive as f and that pinged you a lot.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Auro »

You were relatively scumreading DVa the most in 93, right?
And maintained a null-read on tictac after the exchange. A few questions:

1. Why would you maintain your vote on a slot you null-read as opposed to a slot you scumread? "Idk pressure is good" so you'd simply wagon on to any highly voted slot in spite of stronger scumreads on others? O.o
2. In 93 you echoed that DVa seemed scummy from her reaction to scumchat. Did tictac's part in that come off as null to you?
3. Do you think there's enough information now to develop better reads? I'm interested to hear them, if so.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Auro »

EBWOP: My post above was directed to Clemency, forgot to mention.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Clemency »

In post 302, Auro wrote:You were relatively scumreading DVa the most in 93, right?
And maintained a null-read on tictac after the exchange. A few questions:

1. Why would you maintain your vote on a slot you null-read as opposed to a slot you scumread? "Idk pressure is good" so you'd simply wagon on to any highly voted slot in spite of stronger scumreads on others? O.o
2. In 93 you echoed that DVa seemed scummy from her reaction to scumchat. Did tictac's part in that come off as null to you?
3. Do you think there's enough information now to develop better reads? I'm interested to hear them, if so.
1. I didn't take the time to assess the situation of the game when I made that post, I forfeit my contradiction.
2. I'm gonna say yes but I'll read over it again later.
3. I'll try and give some reads I actually feel something for once I'm back home, I'll be heading off for now.
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Clemency »

correction: i can occasionally phonepost
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 299, Clemency wrote:it just looked like dva got pissed out of the blue idgi?

I play this game to have fun. Metagaming makes it not fun. When it becomes a common practice to form blocks of different 'clicks' of players, and it becomes more important who you're 'friends' with out of game, rather than your alignment in the game, that is the time to leave a community altogether. I joined this site *because I left* a community full of metagamers.

To be clear, "metagaming" is not the same as giving a "meta" read, they both have meta in the word but they are very different practices. Metagaming is letting your personal feelings for a player dictate how you treat them in the game to the exclusion of reasons or evidence. It is categorical bias, and it is exactly what A50 was doing here for N_M when he replaced in, as he explicitly said.

I have basically zero patience for metagaming is what this comes down to, so yes, I got very angry very quickly.

I didn't write this post to bring it up again or give a sign I want to talk about it, I will do my best to continue ignoring A50 until I have cooled on how I feel about his entry into this game.

Anyway, I am not actively opposed to BEF as a compromise wagon and I think the discussion of Clemency is useful so I'm going to go back to not talking about the A50 stuff.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Clemency »

ah true metagaming annoys me too i feel ya
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 307, Clemency wrote:ah true metagaming annoys me too i feel ya
I don't really get into the metagaming unless I was actually in the game mentioned and the player in question made some type of pos/neg impression. I think there is too much context to read in metagaming and honestly I just don't have the desire to look into it.

That being said, if others take the time to do it and post their thoughts I will take it in to account but just because Player A did Action B in Game C, I don't use it as a tell-all for the this game.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by DVa »

BEF you wanna hit us with a bright eyed reads list?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by Auro »

Sorry I'm asking too many questions, but yeah, new to this player list and I'd like to get a good feel of everyone's thoughts.

@DVa: You said you liked Clemency's posts - which ones to be exact, and why? Also you were mildly scumreading Sash for the tonal difference, would you find him a better lynch than BEF? Or is it the lurkiness that makes you unopposed to compro-lynching him?

@Elsa: I see you townread me enough to not consider me in your gamesolving list - what exactly did I do that appeared towny to you?

If I haven't before, I'll just put it out now that I agree with DVa in that metagaming spoils the game - but A50's policy no-lynch is fine IMO since it's only on D1. He couldn't answer on the Not_Mafia towntell so I'll not consider that, and I dunno what to make of his leading DVa into a 1v1 either.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:49 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 309, DVa wrote:BEF you wanna hit us with a bright eyed reads list?
I've not pieced together enough as of yet to make a comprehensive read list. Most of you are sitting on my null fence. However, here is my current thinking:

My vote is still on tictac and will remain. I've not got a better option right now.
I'm still being critical of DVa for the same reasons in post .

I've got auro leaning town right now. I didn't like his unvote of tictac but his explanation and looking elsewhere besides tictac sits well with me. Even if I am right about tictac, he isn't the only scum out there and questioning others is good for the game.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:18 pm

Post by DVa »

re: clem -- was basically fine, not locktown great, but he's not overwhelmingly pinging me. I don't particularly want to lynch him atm

I could be talked into Sasha, but he wasn't one of N_M's scumreads, which would make him not a compromise wagon but a normal lynch. You're welcome to case him to the extent a case is possible with an iso of "loool" and "let's sheep N_M on a fake wagon without asking him why he's not voting someone who isn't in the game"

re: BEF, I want to hear ofrhz's thoughts here
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Post by ofrhz »

- BEF - relatively more town because of 2038 and [redacted]. I feel like him introducing some sort of novel thought is slightly town indicative for him as opposed to him simply parroting what other people have said. I suppose there's an element of being proactive vs reactive or something.
- Clemency - feels like the reincarnation of Draynth. AP would understand :lol: I'm kind of just waiting on more content from him, and the longer he delays, the more meh I feel about this slot.
- Sasha - I don't think making jokes is outside of sasha's townrange, but I noticed he did jump into the game faster in 2038, whereas he feels less engaged here. Except as I'm typing this, I realize this game has been more sluggish than the other one so actually idk
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:22 pm

Post by ofrhz »

His post or his slot in general
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:22 pm

Post by Clemency »

who's draynth is he cool
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:23 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 301, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 296, Auro wrote:@Sash: Check my posts , and .

Thoughts?
I agree with 147 a lot, and with 214 too. 266 is less telling to me, but I can't go opposite of it either.
What I get, in short, is that he was being evasive as f and that pinged you a lot.
What's your read on the tictac slot
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:23 pm

Post by Clemency »

also sorry for the delays i'll be at my computer in 5h and i'll put on my try hard face then
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 315, Clemency wrote:who's draynth is he cool
I'm sure he's cool, but kind of a frustrating person to play mafia with
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:26 pm

Post by ofrhz »

A50 have your reads moved at all?
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 314, ofrhz wrote:His post or his slot in general
his alignment in this game, which you just answered.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:42 pm

Post by DVa »

townie
ofrhz / Elsa Jay
---
tictac -- I don't think she comes at me out of the gate like this as scum tbh, and the paranoia about a sasha/dva scumteam based on his rvs vote for me seemed like the type of tinfoil she does as scum. But my read here is only medium confidence and I'll be watching the replacement.
Clemency -- fine for now although I think pressure for content is good
Auro -- know he's pretty competent scum; if anything I would have expected him to start powerscumming more by now if he was scum so his 'huh, how do I figure this out' disposition here seems townie for the moment. but still on my radar

--- all below this point are viable lynches for me ---

BrightEyedFish -- I basically just don't see anything that strikes me as a towntell, but I'm open to ofhrz's position that he's offered above average thought here. not sure I'm convinced but I'll think about it.
Sashaddin -- tonally off from his other town games and disengaged
Not_Mafia -- not saying more on this today
Almost50 -- not saying more on this today

scummy
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 321, DVa wrote:does as scum
*as town

zzz it's late
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:37 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 312, DVa wrote:"let's sheep N_M on a fake wagon without asking him why he's not voting someone who isn't in the game"
Because I thought it was humorous? I'm having fun in the RVS, I get serious afterwards.
And because I didn't know about that side of N_M, I only knew about the quickhammer part.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:56 am

Post by Sashaddin »

Regarding and , where 2 of you say I'm less engaged:
There has been three discussions where I did not feel concerned at all: the Trevor wagon, the Overwatch thing and the A50/N_M/DVa Devil's triangle. I did not have anything to say in those so I kept away, and I must admit I was afraid this game would go to hell just like my last ones because of too many replacements, Tictac being the first. I also think there was not enough meat in the thread for me to have good reads yet too, and those who know me know that Day1 is the most difficult one for me. I lurk a bit at the start but then I'm ready by Day 2.
The only real good case I've seen is on Tictac, I've read a good case on him, but I want to get rid of my bad habits so I am a bit reluctant to sheeeeeep again.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”