Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1024, shortaru wrote:This is probably a dumb question... but since there are only 3 scum, wouldn't it be optimal to only pair up the 4 towniest couples? (Insta-lynch anyone that pairs off outside of Radiant's orders, to minimize scum infiltration)

Possible win right in the pre-game phase, and even in a worst case scenario, town retains majority and it shouldn't be that difficult for Radiant to PoE who's left.

... or am I missing something?
That’s possible but it’d be more fun to pair off normally imo
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 0, FakeGod wrote:First dance will end if there are 12 players or fewer left alive or deadline is reached. During the intermission, Mafia may secretly force one of the dance pairs to leave. Second dance will then begin, and continue until the game's end.
I guess this is a question -- if we only pair the top 4 pairs (8 players living going into first dance) then does it skip first dance and go immediately to intermission, so we would be going from the mass kill of unpaired dancers into a nightkill (unless we hit all 3 scum)?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Idk if intermission happens if 10 or less people are in pairs at the end of pre-dance
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by shortaru »

In post 1026, DVa wrote:
In post 0, FakeGod wrote:First dance will end if there are 12 players or fewer left alive or deadline is reached. During the intermission, Mafia may secretly force one of the dance pairs to leave. Second dance will then begin, and continue until the game's end.
I guess this is a question -- if we only pair the top 4 pairs (8 players living going into first dance) then does it skip first dance and go immediately to intermission, so we would be going from the mass kill of unpaired dancers into a nightkill (unless we hit all 3 scum)?
Idk, maybe.

Figured I was missing something.
Does this post forward a scum win con, or do you just think I'm strange?

Strange != Scum
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by DVa »

@mod -- if we only pair 4 pairs (8 players living going into first dance) then does it skip first dance and go immediately to intermission?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1001, RadiantCowbells wrote:Sakura still short?
She's not getting any taller
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

dva are you an alt?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1031, RadiantCowbells wrote:dva are you an alt?
I noticed that she played in newbie games
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Disregard that, she
replaced
into a newbie game
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:03 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 1029, DVa wrote:
@mod -- if we only pair 4 pairs (8 players living going into first dance) then does it skip first dance and go immediately to intermission?
Yes
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Mhm
Not a fan of a 4 pair plan then
<Embrace The Void>

Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:40 am

Post by Princess Celestia »

I am around today! My illness over the weekend really took me out of it. :(
Can someone tell me what the current plan is?
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:16 am

Page 18
ChibiBear makes excuses for something that hasn’t happened yet! Maybe a guilty conscious.

Page 19
A lot of people discussing games that happened before! Seems interesting for those of you who got to play but for me I can’t get much out of it.
Page 20
I like Brian Skies and his questioning of Dunnstral here. I think he is town for this. Also, just had a thought and not sure where else to put this, should we pair RadiantCowbells with someone who is a big question mark player? I think this would mean mafia have to debate whether to leave RC alive or waste a shot on a player that might be able to be lynched later?
Page 21
Not a whole lot to comment on this page.
Page 22
MariaR sounds like she is upset at being called mafia and to me the argument she’s making doesn’t make any sense. Of course we should be skeptical of people who are known for being good liars! MariaR is defensive about this and it makes me think she is actually mafia for being so defensive.
Page 23
Dunnstral, I am not sure what you mean by “Princess Celestia, if they’re scum we’ll probably find out later anyway”. What does this mean? How would you find out later if I was mafia? Do you mean because I am new and not good at hiding?
Page 24
Wow, Sakura Hana threatens to suicide. It seems like a big overreaction. I did not think what anyone said was so bad to cause this reaction =( Is it an act? Is it real? I am keeping my eyes on Sakura Hana for this.
Page 25
I am really not interested in the temper tantrum here and back and forth between these two. I know RadiantCowbells is town so I am not so sure what the point of Sakura getting into a large argument with RC is. I still say, though, I do think Sakura Hana is maybe just an immature person who overreacted because it seems to be emotional responses to RC.
Page 26
MariaR getting involved here is not good and she is attacking our confirmed town RadiantCowbells. Whereas Sakura Hana’s emotional and upset response seems due to maturity levels, I believe MariaR’s responses are from more mafia places because there is no emotion and no motivation for MariaR to get involved with an argument against our town leader.
Page 27-28
Not much except this plan for 4 pairs and I do not understand much but I will follow because smarter people know this set up clearly!
Page 29
I start to worry with so many people calling people “locked” town that someone here has to be wrong but everyone is speaking with such confidence and authority that it is hard to tell who is overestimating their abilities :\ I do not want to follow any “locked” reads I would like everyone to have open reads and think that they could be changed or maybe aren’t 100% correct when the game hasn’t even begun
Page 30
So basically we are all going to let RC and Lady figure out the whole game plan? What if Lady is a mafia? It seems dangerous to put power in the hands of so few people.
Page 31-32
I believe this is the first time I remember reading a post by Moment O.O I did skim a lot but perhaps first big moment of recognizing them as a player. I find the reads presented by Moment to be slightly head-scratching. Dunnstral/Cakez/Karmeleon/shotaru are all people I either lean mafia on or have had a very hard time to read and so I find it interesting those four are in Moment’s town group. I am not sure the reasons for these reads as it doesn’t seem that Moment actually explains them at all.
Page 33-34
Nothing to read on this page here.
Page 35
I do not understand why Mala is frustrated because it doesn’t seem like a lot has been thrown her way. She called herself “ragey” and it doesn’t really seem genuine, it seems like someone saying “I am upset” but being unable to authentically feel upset by something.
Page 36
I am probably very biased but when someone puts me as null I think “That is reasonable” because of my activities level. But when MariaR puts me as scum and someone to leave out entirely it makes me think of mafia looking for an easy target that they know will not cause problems to push.
Page 37
Nothing to comment on here.
Page 38
Firebringer also picked up on Mala’s annoyance levels being faked and that makes me think he is coming from a similar place as my head is at right now. Also did SirCakez do something in the first 18 pages besides stop in to complain about page totals? I don’t recall seeing him do anything else in this journey.
Page 39
Now content is good! I very much dislike Lady’s planned pairs of Lady+Dunnstral and MariaR+Cakez. To me that gives us very high chance of mafia in those pairs considering my current reads and I think for everyone to be passing up so much power to someone like Lady when she is suggesting such pairs… it is dangerous, and I do not like it one bit.
Page 40-41-42
I think now I am getting antsy to just post my catching up post and am having trouble mentally focusing with a lot of stuff. So I will just post this now and go from here and see if anything is worth catching up on after I post this.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

TL;DR
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

How much time do we have left
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1039, Kokichi Oma wrote:How much time do we have left
Plenty.
<Embrace The Void>

DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:38 am

Post by DVa »

In post 1031, RadiantCowbells wrote:dva are you an alt?
technically, I was thinking about making this my main tho. I don't think knowing my previous account would help you sort me here and I don't want to out it rn.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:18 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 1039, Kokichi Oma wrote:How much time do we have left
Pre-dance lasts 8 days.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:55 am

I believe the most likely scum are Dunnstral, MariaR, and Malakittens.

I believe the most clearly town are Sakura, Firebringer, and Brian Skies.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Malakittens »

Explain the scum read on me.

Please don’t say tone.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1037, Princess Celestia wrote: Dunnstral/Cakez/Karmeleon/shotaru are all people I either lean mafia on or have had a very hard time to read and so I find it interesting those four are in Moment’s town group. I am not sure the reasons for these reads as it doesn’t seem that Moment actually explains them at all.
Princess Celestia wrote:I believe the most likely scum are Dunnstral, MariaR, and Malakittens.

I believe the most clearly town are Sakura, Firebringer, and Brian Skies.
Why did your read on Shortaru change?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I still want to advocate we get as many pairs as possible, it's just lazy to do otherwise when we can literally kill anyone we want and get more time for our IC to make reads before intermission.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 816, Malakittens wrote:What really bothers me is the fact my name has been tossed a bunch with me being thrown in as being scummy with half the players not giving a reason, nor has anyone really tired to include or engage me which really pisses me off.
If you keep only complaining about how you're being scumread, I'll have a hard time sorting you.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Karmeleon »

When do we start the pairing?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1048, Karmeleon wrote:When do we start the pairing?
RC said wait til page 40
So possibly now, RC has to come into the thread though
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”