Mini Theme 2043: You've Got Mail - Game Over!

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Performer »

Votecount 1.04

shortaru : Carcalilly
Carcalilly: SirCakez
SirCakez: Wisdom
Fuwa Fuwa Time (2): Flubbernugget, ThoseInCharge
Gamma Emerald (4): Thor665, BBmolla, Fuwa Fuwa Time, shortaru
Thor665 : Gamma Emerald
Celestial Coordinates:
ThoseInCharge : Celestial Coordinates
Flubbernugget:
Creature: Akarin
BBmolla:
Wisdom:
Akarin:

Not voting : Creature
No lynch: no one
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on (expired on 2018-11-07 16:12:53)

Moderator notes: Celestial Coordinates has returned.... :neutral:

How do you influence others via mail and other forms of messages? Techniques include simplifying information and ideas, responding to audience needs & values, attacking opponents (legitimacy, accuracy, credibility), appealing to appropriate emotions, responding to audience needs & values.
Source - https://propaganda.mediaeducationlab.com/techniques
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Wisdom »

my skim says both gamma and thor are town, and flubber also joins the list
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Wisdom »

Current poe

Fuwa Fuwa Time
Bbmolla Light Ethos
Celestial Coordinates RadiantCowbellsCelestial Coordinates*
Creature
SirCakez
ThoseInCharge

Town tell harder if you see your name
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 339, Flubbernugget wrote:Uh yeah thor, that's not baiting you. It's doubting your meta on gamma. Which if you cant talk about, I am going to doubt too. If you're this confident in gamma being scum you should be able to sell a case with tells outside of this meta conversation.
I didn't say he was baiting me.
Here's the breakdown of what happened.

Me: I have meta on Gamma that suggests scum.
Gamma: That's ridiculous.
Me: Why? You saying this meta is wrong?
Gamma: No. I'm saying I wouldn't expect you to be aware of my new meta because we haven't played together in a long time (here he's edging a lie, but might be just really supportive of site rules).
Me: [redacted] and I may have read some other stuff due to that.
Gamma: Specify which games you read (on this meta I'm already admitting you're right on)
Me: That's silly, you're not being honest in this communication.
Gamma: Nah, it's scummy you didn't list some games (even though you literally could have just listed like my last ten games, claimed you read them, and I'd have no basis to counter you since I'm already claiming your meta is accurate)
Me: You are well aware I don't only have ancient meta awareness of you.
Flubber: I apparently am not reading anything.
Shortaru: Thor did this!
Flubber: Calls out Thor for a thing Thor never did.

Does this make sense to you now?
In post 347, shortaru wrote:Using the ongoing is a site rules issue.
Not entirely true - you're allowed to have ongoing games effect how you read people. You just can't discuss those reads functionally till after any ongoing games you need to reference are over.
I will note, again, that Gamma has already agreed that the meta I discussed about him is accurate meta.
In post 351, Wisdom wrote:my skim says both gamma and thor are town, and flubber also joins the list
Flubber basically open claimed that he isn't reading the thread, so pretty 'meh' there.
Clearly I'm town ;)
How do you get Gamma town though? I'm really far away from that - can you walk me through how you see this playing in a townGamma situation?
Is he just Smurfing with me for yucks? Because that's about all I can see - digging at me for bringing up accurate meta and claiming I have no new meta ability to draw from with him to the point of voting me over it reads very scummy to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote:re: meta Scumread, I’d say your meta was right if you had played with me recently, but our last game together was Newbie 1836, which was before my meta shift, so your evidence is wrong despite having a valid thought process. I don’t recall rolling scum in a game with you in it even.
@Wisdom - Just read this response from Gamma then talk me through how it's town.
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Carcalilly »

I can confirm that gamma is acting a little bit differently than our recent games, but I never recall playing with scum!gamma before
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Carcalilly »

I think we've got 1 or 2 new games with us so please let's confer those
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 344, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 313, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hm
Recalled something wrong, I thought among his list of meta theories was one about not interacting with scumreads being stupid
What is this in reference to?
I was referencing 281
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Akarin »

V/LA Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 303, shortaru wrote:
In post 301, Akarin wrote:It's a
way
better case.
The reason your case is inferior is because you are judging those posts in a vacuum, ignoring everything else that was going on in the game.

There is no missing context from my case. Thor flat out another I was right.
That's the opposite of what I'm doing, my only issue with those posts
is
the context, i.e. the wagon on you.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 311, Fuwa Fuwa Time wrote:
In post 294, Akarin wrote:Am I actually being crazy here?

Also what's up with this?
Probably. In hindsight, if I was given the exact same PM as my predecessor, than it could make sense (in one game, Mastina gave me every role related PM that was sent between my predecessor and herself when I replaced in, and I could also see the case where a moderator would include the name of the recipient with area tags). However, in most cases, I generally only expect to see teammates' names in Role PM's, so my natural reaction to your question is that they would not see their own name listed.

They're two different things.
I don't mean the PM, I mean if you get a scum PM, you go to the scum QT, right? And then you post something there to confirm and read what the rest of the scumteam had to say. And probably a post like this at the top:
Subject: Mini 1758: Mafia Scum PT
Performer wrote:Welcome to your mafia scum private thread,
Curiouskarmadog , camn , and Lokiben!

You're able to speak here at pregame and at nighttime.
But also, why did you want to comment on that particular post? ()
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 317, Thor665 wrote:Where do you see the issue here? Do I need a "strong" RVS town read to sheep someone? I disagree rather aggressively - the entire concept of RVS is that you take mild reads and behave like they're strong to advance the game.
I'm saying that you came in on page 4, RVS was ending, Shortaru wagon was taking off, you had a town read there, ThoseInCharge had made one content post. I can see where you get the TiC townread, my question is why was that
THE
thing to vote on at that time?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 348, Flubbernugget wrote:I'd argue that pushing a case you cant talk about is just as AI as calling that out, if not more AI
AI as in significantly scummy in and of itself?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Akarin »

Okay, well I'm out until Monday afternoon probably, but really, no one has anything at all to say about my Creature vote?
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Carcalilly »

Creature is probably town based on meta for me
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Goon
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Fuwa Fuwa Time »

In post 360, Akarin wrote:
In post 311, Fuwa Fuwa Time wrote:
In post 294, Akarin wrote:Am I actually being crazy here?

Also what's up with this?
Probably. In hindsight, if I was given the exact same PM as my predecessor, than it could make sense (in one game, Mastina gave me every role related PM that was sent between my predecessor and herself when I replaced in, and I could also see the case where a moderator would include the name of the recipient with area tags). However, in most cases, I generally only expect to see teammates' names in Role PM's, so my natural reaction to your question is that they would not see their own name listed.

They're two different things.
I don't mean the PM, I mean if you get a scum PM, you go to the scum QT, right? And then you post something there to confirm and read what the rest of the scumteam had to say. And probably a post like this at the top:
Subject: Mini 1758: Mafia Scum PT
Performer wrote:Welcome to your mafia scum private thread,
Curiouskarmadog , camn , and Lokiben!

You're able to speak here at pregame and at nighttime.
But also, why did you want to comment on that particular post? ()
I think it depends on the moderator. I've been able to confirm before by just responding to the PM.
In post 163, Akarin wrote:Gamma is town, besides his unknowing self-vote, which reads as genuine to me, if TheGoldenParadox got a
scum PM
and Gamma got a
scum PM
, one or the other of them would see the other listed instead of themselves, wouldn't they?
I responded to this because, as far as I could tell, I thought you were referring to just the role PM. I didn't agree with it and wanted to know why you thought this (I also didn't really put much thought into this as I already explained in .

I also thought that
if
you were referring to the scum PT, it was from the 'unknowing self-vote' (not really sure why else the self-vote would be significant to you), but that was a different clause and I treated it as such.
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Goon
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Fuwa Fuwa Time »

In post 329, ThoseInCharge wrote:
In post 225, Fuwa Fuwa Time wrote:I actually already thought Shortaru was town before I engaged him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This only makes you scummier, because it means you have done less sorting on page 5, because posts 103 and 117 don't do much for you in your reads, but also 106, which I saw as either questioning short or convincing him of scum!Gamma, which is not in line with your stances on both of them.
This was mostly curiosity and maybe a potential teaching moment.
I was giving him my opinion of what Thor did/was doing. Wasn't so much a push as me trying to give my own take on the matter.
Just because I think someone is town doesn't mean I think everything someone does is town-indicative. I also wasn't completely sold on the 'self-vote' indicating town-Gamma (otherwise I probably wouldn't have been as open to discussing that read with Thor as I was in ), and was interested in seeing if there was anything else that could point that direction (as in Shortaru seeing something that maybe other people don't). Also, just because someone agrees with me on a read, it doesn't make them town. And just because I think someone is town, it doesn't mean I'm right.
To my knowledge, this is supposedly Shortaru's first game with Wisdom. So I was curious as to why he didn't think Wisdom would explain his reads.

And if you read , you would see that I wasn't sure why he didn't think discussing his reads with me was productive. It was because I was trying to engage him and figure out his thoughts on some things and I wasn't really pushing to try and lynch him.

I also don't understand why you think that me already thinking someone is town means I'm doing 'less sorting' when I engage with them. I'm still free to question my own reads and change them in light of new information.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I'll be here tomorrow morning
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 366, Fuwa Fuwa Time wrote:
In post 329, ThoseInCharge wrote:
In post 225, Fuwa Fuwa Time wrote:I actually already thought Shortaru was town before I engaged him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This only makes you scummier, because it means you have done less sorting on page 5, because posts 103 and 117 don't do much for you in your reads, but also 106, which I saw as either questioning short or convincing him of scum!Gamma, which is not in line with your stances on both of them.
This was mostly curiosity and maybe a potential teaching moment.
I was giving him my opinion of what Thor did/was doing. Wasn't so much a push as me trying to give my own take on the matter.
Just because I think someone is town doesn't mean I think everything someone does is town-indicative. I also wasn't completely sold on the 'self-vote' indicating town-Gamma (otherwise I probably wouldn't have been as open to discussing that read with Thor as I was in ), and was interested in seeing if there was anything else that could point that direction (as in Shortaru seeing something that maybe other people don't). Also, just because someone agrees with me on a read, it doesn't make them town. And just because I think someone is town, it doesn't mean I'm right.
To my knowledge, this is supposedly Shortaru's first game with Wisdom. So I was curious as to why he didn't think Wisdom would explain his reads.

And if you read , you would see that I wasn't sure why he didn't think discussing his reads with me was productive. It was because I was trying to engage him and figure out his thoughts on some things and I wasn't really pushing to try and lynch him.

I also don't understand why you think that me already thinking someone is town means I'm doing 'less sorting' when I engage with them. I'm still free to question my own reads and change them in light of new information.
@FFT your post tags are broken
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Goon
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Fuwa Fuwa Time »

Well, I used the Post tags, so blame it on MS.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Wisdom »

You put ":" in them and broke them
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Goon
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Fuwa Fuwa Time »

Oh, lol. I do remember doing that. Mystery solved.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 361, Akarin wrote:
In post 317, Thor665 wrote:Where do you see the issue here? Do I need a "strong" RVS town read to sheep someone? I disagree rather aggressively - the entire concept of RVS is that you take mild reads and behave like they're strong to advance the game.
I'm saying that you came in on page 4, RVS was ending, Shortaru wagon was taking off, you had a town read there, ThoseInCharge had made one content post. I can see where you get the TiC townread, my question is why was that
THE
thing to vote on at that time?
Considering I had indicated Shortaru as a town read what do you suggest
THE
thing to vote on should have been for me?

====================

Gamma is running silent on my raised issue.
People should be voting that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What raised issue?
<Embrace The Void>

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 362, Akarin wrote:
In post 348, Flubbernugget wrote:I'd argue that pushing a case you cant talk about is just as AI as calling that out, if not more AI
AI as in significantly scummy in and of itself?
I didn't speak to the significance. Just that thor and gamma are being equally stupid about this.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”