Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 3983, RightKnight wrote:
In post 3982, CheekyTeeky wrote:Jingle if you use your head a little bit I think you can figure out the remaining roles and see why RR is wagoning Tails based on the clues.
I think there are a lot of clues to that. Need to talk with my hydra partner before moving our vote (if it isn’t there) {{
A50 a vote count please?
}}

Do we know how many scum and how many town and how many “other” exist?

The reason I ask is I am wondering if Jingle Tails and Gamma are all scum and Elsa and Mala as “Other”.

~~Math
Flavor wise there are probably exactly 9 town players. I could argue three additional possibilities, two of which I've already brought up in the thread, but that's it.

The three additional possibilities, in likelihood of existence order:

Mr. Universe
Bester
The ship itself.
This is a Parachute.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:59 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 3994, Jingle wrote:Shhhh. That's a secret.

And I just want people to hard commit to the 1v1s.

If we lynch Tails, and he flips Simon, then very clearly no one will claim protective because no one on the ship makes sense as a protective role. If no one claims protective, we can pretty much assume that Tails is Simon and don't have to flip him. If we have a protective claim (or better yet, TWO!) then we know one of the two of them is lying.

Similarly, if RK claims an enabler for something that doesn't exist, we know they probably aren't enabling town, because why would town lie about their role here? That means that flavorwise, Kaylee wouldn't make a lick of sense for the enabler and RK is probably scum. If RK claims to enable Buj's role, and no one else is a possible Mal, then we can reasonably assume RK to be town because how else would they know to fakeclaim that particular enable. If RK claims to enable something that's pretty much useless to us, then we know they're lying about being an enabler for a super important town role and they're probably scum.

Basically, forcing the 1v1's now means that scum doesn't get to pick their fights after seeing what people flip in the nightphase, which can only be helpful if there are remaining unaligned scum like Thor.
Except this is just plain wrong.

Enabler doesn’t mean the role exists in the setup or not.

I don’t know enough about Firefly flavor (it put me to sleep) but it sounds like you’re making assumptions versus seeing where the cards fall.

As scum I have had a game where scum enabled town. Your setup spec is once again crap. You’re ranking things off of what is useful and doing IiOA.

The reads got us this far there is no reason to continue mass claim here, especially with such piss poor logic as town enables town.

~~Math
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 3996, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 3985, Toogeloo wrote:Personally, I don't think we have a vig. I think Ari was our "vig."
Im starting to agree with this, it would make sense for HoB to kill Thor but where did Thor's shot go? Unless he aimed for Elsa?
Shuttupayouface about what roles are likely to exist. We don't want to talk about that right before a potential massclaim.
This is a Parachute.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Malakittens »

Don’t ever become a medic. It’s not fun. #regrets
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:01 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Mala hope it gets better <3
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Jingle »

I was very nearly a paramedic, but a friend in Montana told me about how he carries a gun because more than half of his calls are people trying to hold up the ambulance for drugs and my soul broke a little.

I feel your pain.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 4002, Jingle wrote:
In post 3996, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 3985, Toogeloo wrote:Personally, I don't think we have a vig. I think Ari was our "vig."
Im starting to agree with this, it would make sense for HoB to kill Thor but where did Thor's shot go? Unless he aimed for Elsa?
Shuttupayouface about what roles are likely to exist. We don't want to talk about that right before a potential massclaim.
Ughhhh. Noyou.

RR make a call on the massclaim please sir leader.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 3984, RightKnight wrote:
In post 3968, Malakittens wrote:About to internally scream at my job.

God help me today
Anything unsigned is probably Nancy btw

If you have any question just ask.

~~Math
Dw that post actually wasn’t directed at you. I’m actually legit pissed at job for giving me an ALS call where I’m strictly only Bls
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Jingle »

To be clear, math, have I dropped my tell this game?

I'm interested. :)
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Jingle »

:sad:

Sorry Mala. Hope the rest of your day goes better.
This is a Parachute.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:07 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4008, Jingle wrote:To be clear, math, have I dropped my tell this game?

I'm interested. :)
I believe you have possibly. It requires two things. One of which you have done since the time I have started posting.

The other I do not have the time to look up.

~~Math

Pedit agreed.
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Jingle »

EJ is a he, btw, but doesn't mind being addressed as a she.
This is a Parachute.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Malakittens »

Anyways you know how I felt like the Tor, NDS slot was scum? That’s changed. I am decently okay at reading math and this is his town play. Unless after like 2 years I learned how to not read him, which is possible

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Chara »

i also think they're town! and considering that's from reading 3 different heads, i'm pretty confident.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:15 am

Post by RightKnight »

Hey Jingle quote me the possibilities you have for the setup so far?

And where did anyone get the number exactly 9 town?

That seems oddly specific.

~~Math
~ Alan Watts
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Chara »

9 members of the Serenity crew in the show.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4001, RightKnight wrote:Enabler doesn’t mean the role exists in the setup or not.
True fax.

However, if your slot is likely to be Kaylee and another slot is likely to be Kaylee and your slot is claimed as an enabler for a role that doesn't exist/isn't town, then the other slot is more likely to be telling the truth mechanics wise. Additionally, Kaylee is the sweet innocent girl who would never do any wrong to anyone on the ship, and she frankly doesn't make sense as enabling scum.

Also, we got to where we are by having a D1 lurker lynch land on scum, a N1 LR prevent all kills, a mechanically optimal lynch hit a vengeful who shot in a dwindling PoE hitting scum, and presumably a scumcrosskill and successful protection. Reads played a very small role in all of that, if we're being perfectly honest.
This is a Parachute.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:21 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4015, Chara wrote:9 members of the Serenity crew in the show.
Were they all a part of the crew at the same time?

Generally with 17 you’d expect 4 scum not three. One of which being a traitor lends more towards 5 scum (4 traitors) and if we use the assumption of 9 neutrals we have
9+5+1 (confirmed SK) which means two unaccounted for alignments to add up to 17.

If we assume Mala and Elsa are the two “unaccounted for” we would be looking for three scum.

Why is everyone making a big deal about HoB? And why is everyone acting like this game is solved?

~~Math
~ Alan Watts
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:22 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4017, RightKnight wrote:
In post 4015, Chara wrote:9 members of the Serenity crew in the show.
Were they all a part of the crew at the same time?

Generally with 17 you’d expect 4 scum not three. One of which being a traitor lends more towards 5 scum (4 traitors) and if we use the assumption of 9 neutrals we have
9+5+1 (confirmed SK) which means two unaccounted for alignments to add up to 17.

If we assume Mala and Elsa are the two “unaccounted for” we would be looking for three scum.

Why is everyone making a big deal about HoB? And why is everyone acting like this game is solved?

~~Math
4 plus traitors*

~~Math

Yay mobile you suck
~ Alan Watts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Jingle »

Do you want all of the things I've speculated? Cause that's excessive. Or is there a specific thing you want? Like, I can go on about how I speculated we couldn't have an SK. I could talk about how I speculated that HoB would be a 2p team before the traitor flip and assumed a vig would kill me N1 because of it. I could talk about the spec of two 3p teams being most likely based on the rules. I could talk about the rules spec. I could talk about my initial scumteam comp spec. I could talk about my theory of 5KPN. Hell, there's probably more I'm forgetting.
This is a Parachute.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:26 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4016, Jingle wrote:
In post 4001, RightKnight wrote:Enabler doesn’t mean the role exists in the setup or not.
True fax.

However, if your slot is likely to be Kaylee and another slot is likely to be Kaylee and your slot is claimed as an enabler for a role that doesn't exist/isn't town, then the other slot is more likely to be telling the truth mechanics wise. Additionally, Kaylee is the sweet innocent girl who would never do any wrong to anyone on the ship, and she frankly doesn't make sense as enabling scum.

Also, we got to where we are by having a D1 lurker lynch land on scum, a N1 LR prevent all kills, a mechanically optimal lynch hit a vengeful who shot in a dwindling PoE hitting scum, and presumably a scumcrosskill and successful protection. Reads played a very small role in all of that, if we're being perfectly honest.
And you’re assuming all roles match flavor because....????

Secondly you’re trying to outguess the mod on what flavor goes where.
Thirdly mechanics don’t indicate anything of the sort. A role that doesn’t exist is a great way for a named townie. Again you’re focusing on if we are useful versus our alignment (which is town btw). You’re assuming you know what A50 would do and then scumreading those people based off your assumption as the best case scenario.

Town Jingle doesn’t fuck up this badly.

~~Math
~ Alan Watts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Jingle »

TPFKAP flip was a traitor with two confirmed partners, neither group informed of the identity of the other.

Ethos was one of the two partners. HoB thus has one remaining member, who is confirmed to be a JK who cannot both act and shoot.
This is a Parachute.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:27 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4019, Jingle wrote:Do you want all of the things I've speculated? Cause that's excessive. Or is there a specific thing you want? Like, I can go on about how I speculated we couldn't have an SK. I could talk about how I speculated that HoB would be a 2p team before the traitor flip and assumed a vig would kill me N1 because of it. I could talk about the spec of two 3p teams being most likely based on the rules. I could talk about the rules spec. I could talk about my initial scumteam comp spec. I could talk about my theory of 5KPN. Hell, there's probably more I'm forgetting.
I want a post that reflects what you think reality is now.

~~Math
~ Alan Watts
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:27 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Math have you read the claims/softs lists? This game can be broken on flavour, which is confirmed by town role PMs having their specific characters redacted.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:28 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4021, Jingle wrote:TPFKAP flip was a traitor with two confirmed partners, neither group informed of the identity of the other.

Ethos was one of the two partners. HoB thus has one remaining member, who is confirmed to be a JK who cannot both act and shoot.
That seems rather...weak against 9 town if we borrow Chara’s reasoning.

~~Math

Pedit oh I was wondering why our flavor was redacted lol
~ Alan Watts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”