Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 952, Performer wrote:
In post 820, DVa wrote:Performer, would you strike any of these names from PoE: {FA_Q2, Maxous, Saudade, Sephiroth, Flubbernugget}?
Probably saud. Still need to see more from him though. Haven't seen enough to make me comfortable with him likelier town or likelier scum.
In post 954, Performer wrote:VOTE: Sephiroth
Similar thing here, but even less.

He is just sheeping, regardless of alignment, but he didn’t town read the seph slot, which i don’t think people should have at the time.

I also feel like Performer’s been trying to slowly buddy up to me. This slot could be town or scum with town or seph scum, really, though.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Performer »

@profi LOL how atrocious of you to tell people that at work.
@FL I hard disagree though I see where you come from in that approach. I always strongly believed we need to protect our prs and having a mod-confirmed town is an outrageously strong asset to fight scum. My NRG knowledge already thinks this setup of shortening day phases, is likely deadly enough with possibly multiple night deaths. With all that said , if you get protected and survive into d2, that's a huge asset.
---------
In post 437, Performer wrote: Another reason I ask about meta is because (for those who know me well) I don't easily trust null/hard to read slots.
@seph why I'm scumreading is is because of this quote + any other townread on the wagon + I like wagons (see my profile) + day 1 ends this week iirc + I'm never fond of deadline lynches + if we end up with no lynch it's a bad idea + I've had nos tr in the nos v you debate
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Performer »

pedit: scumreading you is because *
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:54 am

Post by profii »

In post 1051, Performer wrote:@profi LOL how atrocious of you to tell people that at work.
If you are doing something on my behalf you would know you wont get away with telling me you 'hope' your plans will work

go make sure and do it properly ;P
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

So I really didn’t like DVA’s argument with a Sephiroth and the entirety of the lynch pool mentality.

To me, it comes off like DVA isn’t looking for scum, she’s looking to stay politically favored, and find some kind of compromise lynch, or mislynch, should I add.

I noticed this before I made my entrance into the game, and was rereading the game entirely, I almost wanted to tunnel DVA right then and there, but I needed more. I needed to see that it wasn’t just personality. I needed a wagon.

And while I did scum read Seph and Max, I chose to take a blind eye to DVA so I could read them, because they came off as super scum to me.

The moment that hit me the most just now, was her argument with Sephiroth.

Not unlike profii’s last comment, it looks as if DVA was looking for a reason to help give Sephiroth that little oomph it needed to get closer to a hammer. She was looking for the flawed play to pounce on.

If seph was scum, sure, dva’s likely not scummwith him, but my scum read on Seph has definitely dissipated, and I feel that scum is on the Seph wagon.

That entire conversation with Seph DVA has comes off decent considering at the time the general consensus was SCUM SEPH, but without that, DVA looks to be pushing a blatant scum agenda.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Perf - oh, don’t get me wrong, I agree with that. But it helps to draw the scum’s eye naturally away.

I’m talking strictly from the scum’s perspective.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

There’s also a few posts from people not on the wagon that stood out to me.

They came from XX, Nosf, and AP.

Maxous keeping out of the clear still indicates scum there.

My best guess right now is DVA, Maxous, one of XX/Nosf/AP, and one of Profii/Performer.

I’m leaning Nosf and Profii, however, even semi town reading AP/Perf.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:04 am

Post by DVa »

In post 1054, Flavor Leaf wrote:Not unlike profii’s last comment, it looks as if DVA was looking for a reason to help give Sephiroth that little oomph it needed to get closer to a hammer. She was looking for the flawed play to pounce on.
Yeah, or maybe he called me "disingenuous" for saying to take his time and reread the thread.

Like maybe I have an agenda, or maybe he was acting like a douche and I stopped caring what his alignment was
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 858, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 828, Flavor Leaf wrote:Sepihroth is the big bad, though.

Through my entire read through I was thinking “yup, one of Nosf or Seph are definitely scum”

And it’s Seph.
I'm astounded that people actually read an interaction that was literally getting worked up by emboldened text

and went "yup there's scum there."

amazing

VOTE: max

My first post that pinged me was by Nosf when I brought up one of Nosf and seph being scum. This was a sheep vote onto Maxous. This is prime time for a bus vote that isn’t expected to go much because I literally had ZERO reasoning.

Which also falls in line with Profii then going on to vote Seph. Profii’s a Boon Babe, we’d already established a link between us this game,p. It was expected of me to look into what he was saying.

This incited the Seph wagon, that Nosf had put a high town read on. That would have given Nosf town cred.
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Saudade »

wish I was scum this game
I could scum theater the fuck out of so many players together
Game would be at 200+ pages
easy win
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Saudade »

In post 950, Saudade wrote:He's piling on those votes real fast
I never protect my scum partners
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 am

Post by AP »

In post 1019, Shattiel wrote:that sounds more like a policy lynch lets talk about your scumreads.
Why does everybody bring up policy lynching so often? I have NO CONFIDENT SCUM READS. I thus opt to use my gut and I know my gut isn't a good tool (some players have good gut reads, but I'm not one of those), but I have no better alternative.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 221, xx2008 wrote:@sephiroth, for some reason, I think your posts were attempting to tunnel. You also took back what you said immediately after. I don't think those are likely to come from someone who is town.
VOTE: sephiroth, at least for now.
In post 225, xx2008 wrote:Your posts sounded strange. They seemed like you were trying to find everything that was wrong about Nosferatu.
In post 275, xx2008 wrote:
In post 237, Sephiroth wrote:
In post 235, xx2008 wrote:I can understand both of your points, but Nosferatu's posts seem a lot more relaxed and likely to come from town. However, Sephiroth, your posts are somewhat leaning scummy.
You are welcome to that read, but this is also just kind of how I talk.
You do seem that way when I read your posts.
UNVOTE: for now.
In post 282, xx2008 wrote:I think the Nosferatu and Sephiroth 1v1 could either be a TvT or a SvT. I think it's more of a TvT, though, because it appears more like a misunderstanding. I don't expect two scum to be doing this, though, for that would attract too much attention, especially due to the fact that this 1v1 lasted for a long time in terms of pages, and anyone skimming through the game could have noticed it.
In post 776, xx2008 wrote:I'm not sure why dva and creature think Sephiroth and flubbernugget are scummy, and why they changed votes after only two or so posts.
In post 810, xx2008 wrote:
In post 804, Maxous wrote:
In post 777, DVa wrote:What is townie about Sephiroth or flubber? That is the question I am asking right now. Do you see anything that indicates a town thought process?
why is scummy about Sephiroth?
I can find zero explanation from you about it.
Instead you're just trying to get people to prove he's town.
Regarding dva's post, it does not say that Sephiroth and flubber are scummy. It only asks if anyone can find anything towny about them, which I think is a rhetorical question. I have mixed feelings towards flubber right now.
In post 839, xx2008 wrote:
In post 828, Flavor Leaf wrote:Sepihroth is the big bad, though.

Through my entire read through I was thinking “yup, one of Nosf or Seph are definitely scum”

And it’s Seph.
I'm curious as to why you think Seph is scum. I'm doing an iso on him when I get the time to do so, but I'd like to know your perspective.
Xx was not on the Seph wagon, but he was voting him earlier. He commented on the Nosf vs Seph.

He eventually votes DVA.

This could be a Seph/xx pairing, but i don’t see xx playing that way. This is pretty genuine coming from XX.

I’m gonna throw a town read here actually.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:10 am

Post by DVa »

>everyone in the thread: "I don't know who scum is"

Dva: "OK so why don't we townblock and poe"

FL: "boy Dva seems scummy for not sitting on her fucking ass waiting for the day to end"
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And then I’ve already brought up the AP contradicting lynchpool and wagon formation.

I agree that the wagon was a lot, though, and it seemed like AP was in some sort of confusion, but knew something wasn’t up, and his reads weren’t all there, which it shouldn’t need to be, it’s Day 1 in a large.

DVA, Nosf, profii, Maxous is where I’m at right now.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1059, Saudade wrote:wish I was scum this game
I could scum theater the fuck out of so many players together
Game would be at 200+ pages
easy win
yes you WOULD scum theater, as I've seen not 1 but 2 of your scum games
In post 1060, Saudade wrote:
In post 950, Saudade wrote:He's piling on those votes real fast
I never protect my scum partners
Based on those 2 scum games, you definitely weren't shy about bussing your partners.
---------
AP why are you townreading seph so hard??
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1063, DVa wrote:>everyone in the thread: "I don't know who scum is"

Dva: "OK so why don't we townblock and poe"

FL: "boy Dva seems scummy for not sitting on her fucking ass waiting for the day to end"
Also note the difference between DVA arguing with me than DVA working with other people.

I clearly have put some analysis and logic into my cases, it doesn’t mean I’m correct.

This implies I’m hitting a right trail, possibly for reasons DVA doesn’t think should exist and is an attempt to discredit.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:14 am

Post by DVa »

You literally just scumcased me for trying to keep the game moving when no one is making cases and no one has any scumreads

Yeah, I would say you are annoying me now
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:16 am

Post by DVa »

Also, maybe I'm tonally different to the person who I know isn't scum, so I know they're simply shitcasing me because they're wrong
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:19 am

Post by DVa »

Read Dolphins and tell me I'm fucking scum putting in 70+ posts day 1 in a large

I dare you
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

What does post count have to do with anything?

I’ve had over 1k posts as scum.

And instead of blindly attacking, show you are town then. Analyze elsewhere. Put the work in.

Idk what about that concept goes over people’s heads.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Garmr »

I thought nos vs seph was a town vs town to be honest. His defeatist attitude (1042) is kinda strange but I don't feel it's really alignment indicative with him being the main wagon. As I can get the same way when I'm a wagon as town.

This is how the wagon looks like to me
In post 976, Not Known 15 wrote:
Sephiroth
(7):
Creature
;profii;
Flavor Leaf
;
Saudade
;DVa;ofrhz;Performer;
I'm going to say saudade is town because his not playing the same way in this game as his last scum game. I think I got a grasp on how he plays.

I think the fact a scum read of mine is on it early on it enforces my town read on the slot.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

This seems like a strong overreaction which means you must be feeling pressure.

Just because the case isn’t wrong, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have merit. Those things are actually good to have in the game.

No matter what you say, it’s not a bad case. It’s a case that came from the perspective of a town player, just explaining what they took on a situation, that in itself means it’s not bad. I even stated it might not be correct. It’s day 1. Show it’s incorrect by doing townie things, npdont just say it’s wrong and expect people to believe you.

I didn’t even vote you, and you felt this much pressure. To me, that doesn’t come across as townie.
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:25 am

Post by AP »

In post 1065, Performer wrote:AP why are you townreading seph so hard??
How many times do I have to respond to the same question, mate?

Spoiler:
I ... HAVE ... JUST ... FINISHED ... A GAME ... WITH ... HIM

I also got the impression he's good at scum, and his play isn't at all "good" if he is indeed scum.

It fo;;ows that I want to give him his space and with people ganging up on him I think it's more likely scum are afraid of him than it is that he's so obv scum to 7 slots when he should be NAI at best.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Garmr - to be fair, I don’t believe Creature had any real credit for being on the wagon. It took off regardless of him being on it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”