Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Flicker »

Claims:
Spoiler: Spoiled for readability
Reasonably Rational - Modified Motion Detector
Jingle - Masons with Gamma
Gamma Emerald - Masons with Jingle
Chickadee - Flavor Cop
Flicker - Priest
CheekyTeeky - Compulsive 1-Protect Doctor
Chara - Loved
RightKnight - Doctor Enabler
BuJaber - Seraph Knight (for Mal)
Toogeloo - 1-shot Lightning Rod
Elsa Jay - Neutral 1-Shot Bulletproof Hider
Malakittens - Neutral Lyncher (of Mal)

Flips:
Spoiler: As a reminder
Aristophanes - Town Vengeful (Jayne)
Light Ethos - Scum Jailkeeper (Hands of Blue #1)
Tails - Scum Jailkeeper (Hands of Blue #2)
TPFKAP - Scum Traitor (Hands of Blue Traitor)
Thor665 - Serial Killer (Reaver)

Flavor spec:
Spoiler: My best guess of the crew & passengers
Mal - Reasonably Rational
Zoe and Wash - Jingle and Gamma Emerald
River - Chickadee
Book - Flicker
Simon - CheekyTeeky (even though her role PM has "member of the crew," which doesn't seem to fit)
Kaylee - Chara
Inara - BuJaber
Jayne - Aristophanes

I think Elsa Jay, Toogleoo, and RightKnight should be the lynch pool for today. I'm willing to let Malakittens live for one more day at least, but if there's a tomorrow I think she should be added to the lynch pool, too.

Of those three, I'm conflicted on which one's the best lynch. Elsa's been squirrelly on his role all game, Toog's done some quickhammering, and much of RK's posting seems kind of empty/redundant to me. On the other hand, Toog and RK's roles seem like they have to be town, and Elsa's role doesn't seem like "a threat to town." So... maybe we do have to lynch Malakittens (threat to Mal = threat to town)?

Pedit: Chick could have been jailed N2 by Tails; maybe he was no-kill gambiting to strengthen his fake claim? And a jailing at night wouldn't prevent Chick from using her cop during the day, right?
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Flicker »

I just thought of a possibly ridiculous, possibly great idea - we could no lynch today and see what happens tonight. That could resolve whether there's still any night killing roles left, or whether Mala is the only "threat to town" left. I know Cheeky's compulsive, but she could declare her target or be on someone who's unlikely to be NK'ed (like Mala or Elsa or, frankly, me).
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4301, Flicker wrote:hat could resolve whether there's still any night killing roles left, or whether Mala is the only "threat to town" left. I know Cheeky's
i already have confirmation from the mod that a lyncher would not constitute a threat to town.
so Mala would only be a threat if she isn't a lyncher, which i find unlikely.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Chara »

i don't think we have a vig. there aren't enough kills any night.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4300, Flicker wrote:Claims:
Spoiler: Spoiled for readability
Reasonably Rational - Modified Motion Detector
Jingle - Masons with Gamma
Gamma Emerald - Masons with Jingle
Chickadee - Flavor Cop
Flicker - Priest
CheekyTeeky - Compulsive 1-Protect Doctor
Chara - Loved
RightKnight - Doctor Enabler
BuJaber - Seraph Knight (for Mal)
Toogeloo - 1-shot Lightning Rod
Elsa Jay - Neutral 1-Shot Bulletproof Hider
Malakittens - Neutral Lyncher (of Mal)

Flips:
Spoiler: As a reminder
Aristophanes - Town Vengeful (Jayne)
Light Ethos - Scum Jailkeeper (Hands of Blue #1)
Tails - Scum Jailkeeper (Hands of Blue #2)
TPFKAP - Scum Traitor (Hands of Blue Traitor)
Thor665 - Serial Killer (Reaver)

Flavor spec:
Spoiler: My best guess of the crew & passengers
Mal - Reasonably Rational
Zoe and Wash - Jingle and Gamma Emerald
River - Chickadee
Book - Flicker
Simon - CheekyTeeky (even though her role PM has "member of the crew," which doesn't seem to fit)
Kaylee - Chara
Inara - BuJaber
Jayne - Aristophanes

I think Elsa Jay, Toogleoo, and RightKnight should be the lynch pool for today. I'm willing to let Malakittens live for one more day at least, but if there's a tomorrow I think she should be added to the lynch pool, too.

Of those three, I'm conflicted on which one's the best lynch. Elsa's been squirrelly on his role all game, Toog's done some quickhammering, and much of RK's posting seems kind of empty/redundant to me. On the other hand, Toog and RK's roles seem like they have to be town, and Elsa's role doesn't seem like "a threat to town." So... maybe we do have to lynch Malakittens (threat to Mal = threat to town)?

Pedit: Chick could have been jailed N2 by Tails; maybe he was no-kill gambiting to strengthen his fake claim? And a jailing at night wouldn't prevent Chick from using her cop during the day, right?
When did RR claim MD? But even if true, it doesn’t mean that Chick wasn’t targeted with an NK, because if Tails did JK her, then it obviously doesn’t prove she couldn’t have been targeted. But then who killed Thor? No one to my knowledge has claimed vig, unless I missed it?

If there are possibly 2 docs in the game, then checking us obviously > lynching us. :roll:
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4299, RightKnight wrote:
In post 4297, CheekyTeeky wrote:Targeting Chick doesn't nessesarily mean she was a kill target does it?
Afawk, only RR has claimed anything non-doc related wrt to NAs. And like I already said, she obviously couldn’t have been roleblocked right or she would have know it and no one has claimed anything else - unless someone is either lying or failing to be forthcoming.
Chick's a day flavour cop, not a night one. she woupdn't have noticed.
and scum wouldn't have roleblocked a day PR.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Chara »

In post 4304, RightKnight wrote:When did RR claim MD? But even if true, it doesn’t mean that Chick wasn’t targeted with an NK, because if Tails did JK her, then it obviously doesn’t prove she couldn’t have been targeted. But then who killed Thor? No one to my knowledge has claimed vig, unless I missed it?
Rational claimed MD the page before this one.

HoB might have killed Thor. or our last threat to town.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:40 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4301, Flicker wrote:I just thought of a possibly ridiculous, possibly great idea - we could no lynch today and see what happens tonight. That could resolve whether there's still any night killing roles left, or whether Mala is the only "threat to town" left. I know Cheeky's compulsive, but she could declare her target or be on someone who's unlikely to be NK'ed (like Mala or Elsa or, frankly, me).
No lynch just helps scum. I think the only really good time to do that is in MYLO. Lynches provide us with necessary info.
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 4302, Chara wrote:
In post 4301, Flicker wrote:hat could resolve whether there's still any night killing roles left, or whether Mala is the only "threat to town" left. I know Cheeky's
i already have confirmation from the mod that a lyncher would not constitute a threat to town.
so Mala would only be a threat if she isn't a lyncher, which i find unlikely.
Okay. I wasn't sure that's what you meant before with "standard 3P win condition." So that likely means there is still a night killing role out there, and my no lynch plan is ridiculous.

Pedit: N1 no kill, N2 Thor, N3 no kill - Tails couldn't have jailed and killed, so if he did jail Chick (which seems unlikely, TBH) it does confirm another killing role. Hmm...

I'll find RR's claim post in a sec, too, RK.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Chara »

oh, the standard wincon for a Lyncher is if they're the only anti-town element left in the game, they just lose.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Chara »

all i know is i'm very interested to see the setup and scum's night action choices that resulted in no town kills. we did lynch Ari however, sorry Ari. but then he murdered Ethos so it was wonderful.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Flicker »

RR claimed in .
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:48 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4305, Chara wrote:
In post 4299, RightKnight wrote:
In post 4297, CheekyTeeky wrote:Targeting Chick doesn't nessesarily mean she was a kill target does it?
Afawk, only RR has claimed anything non-doc related wrt to NAs. And like I already said, she obviously couldn’t have been roleblocked right or she would have know it and no one has claimed anything else - unless someone is either lying or failing to be forthcoming.
Chick's a day flavour cop, not a night one. she woupdn't have noticed.
and scum wouldn't have roleblocked a day PR.
Yeah, I thought that really didn’t make a lot of sense, so likely one scum targeted her N2 and someone other than Cheeky doc’d her.

And since Elsa if her claim is true, also makes sense as a target, since she had hardclaimed towndoc.

But I think any more than 2 scum left in the game, seems a bit of a reach in only 17 player game.

So someone has to be misrepresenting their claim because the most logical conclusion is that someone had to have doc’d Chick on N2.
~ Alan Watts
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 4310, Chara wrote:all i know is i'm very interested to see the setup and scum's night action choices that resulted in no town kills. we did lynch Ari however, sorry Ari. but then he murdered Ethos so it was wonderful.
To be fair though, we lynched Ari because of the vengeful claim.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:01 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4311, Flicker wrote:RR claimed in .
In post 4282, Reasonably Rational wrote:So. Keeping my word although Cerb disagrees still I think.

The flavor we have after our redaction is actually threaded throughout the entirety of our role explanation: "This ship is your home and the crew is your family. In an effort to protect them, each night you may target one other player to see if they've spent the night in their chamber and/or have been visited by someone."

From this, we assumed Book was the most likely. Anyone who has seen the show will remember how Book repeatedly showed up at important moments because he was watching things carefully all the time. There were a couple other obvious characters that could fit the bill, but with less actual examples of them being constantly aware of what's going on. I mean ... Mal got hoodwinked by Saffron which is a ding in his "alertness" if ever there was one... and of course Inara was the one who found him. So I mean ... lots of possibilities with only whatever criteria A50 had in mind when he wrote the above, which is a thing we can't know.

We're a modified motion detector, in terms of what we actually do.

N1 - Flicker had both incoming and outgoing (apart from us)

N2 - Chickadee had only incoming (apart from us)
N3 - Flicker had none (apart from us)

The night 1 outgoing is the most interesting result here. Priest is a passive modifier. I can't think of any way a Lightning Rod would draw a passive modifier into becoming an outgoing action. QED, Flicker having an outgoing action on night one contradicts the claim, I believe.

I personally feel like Niska is the most likely character from the show to be scum and also have the inability to hammer. Niska never got his own hands dirty so the idea that he has to get someone else to handle the pain/torture/death/crime for him fits quite nicely. Niska would imply at least one other and possibly two others.

~D
Hmm . . . what outgoing action did you do N1? @Flicker
~ Alan Watts
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:05 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4313, Chickadee wrote:
In post 4310, Chara wrote:all i know is i'm very interested to see the setup and scum's night action choices that resulted in no town kills. we did lynch Ari however, sorry Ari. but then he murdered Ethos so it was wonderful.
To be fair though, we lynched Ari because of the vengeful claim.
He was clearly obvtown before he claimed, so we should have just lynched LE. McMenno was obvscum and I was less certain about Tails at the time.
~ Alan Watts
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Flicker »

@RK:
I didn't take any actions N1 (or any other night). RR's action N1 was redirected to Toog, which explains the outgoing (LR) and incoming (every redirected action that night).
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 4316, Flicker wrote:
@RK:
I didn't take any actions N1 (or any other night). RR's action N1 was redirected to Toog, which explains the outgoing (LR) and incoming (every redirected action that night).
Which you would have known/been able to figure out if you'd read the next post RR made ()... :roll:
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:20 am

Post by BuJaber »

Can we just confirm the Loved modifier for chara quickly? I know it's a stupid lie and I believe it even if she is scum, but since we've decided to go the massclaim route let's confirm everything we can confirm.

VOTE: Chara
Flicker can't be hammer obviously and force Mala to vote early on the wagon at the threat of us lynching her instead.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:21 am

Post by BuJaber »

Wait the Mala thing doesn't make sense.. it doesn't matter which order she votes in. If I die I die .. let's confirm the loved claim.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:22 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4316, Flicker wrote:
@RK:
But Toogeloo’s LR was passive if I understand it correctly, so how would that even register?

So yeah, that explains both your incoming/outgoing actions but not why a passive LR would register.

Incoming is explained either by doc/JK but not outgoing. Something isn’t adding up here.
~ Alan Watts
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:24 am

Post by BuJaber »

It isn't passive.. why would it be passive?

Whether it counts as a visit is something else, but I think it is logical to assume it does. It is an action that affects everyone who had an action.. so it's like he visited all the action takers.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4283, Reasonably Rational wrote:I'm a derp. Obviously we don't have results from Flicker N1. AND we even discussed this a few weeks ago when we first got the result. I assume everyone else will catch it.

~D
Yes, all results, except of course for aesetic, lead to Toogeloo on N1 but I thought only
active
actions would register.
~ Alan Watts
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:26 am

Post by BuJaber »

Oh you don't mean passive as in Toog didn't have a choice.. you meant that it doesn't specifically target actions. I'm tired and I can barely follow this stuff when I'm not tired sorry.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:30 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 4300, Flicker wrote:Simon - CheekyTeeky (even though her role PM has "member of the crew," which doesn't seem to fit)
This is why I lowkey suspect the masons because Chara and I could be those characters. I could be zoe and chara could be wash but there's no other protective claims that nullify my being the actual doctor. I think A50 might've just said "a part of the serenity crew" randomly for any main character on the ship so it could be that you're all reading too much into the flavour.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”