the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by the worst »

Dude when did you develop an outright attitude problem? This isn't like the you I know as either alignment. You're doing nothing and shitting on players who are playing the game. Get your shit together.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by the worst »

like Idek if I'm right on you being scum right now but this gamestate is better without your negativity, waste of space posting and the headfuck around whether you AtE this hard while being useless as town

Work with me?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by the worst »

viewtopic.php?t=77190&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

Creature's finished scumgame, he's even townier than he is here
He's either a wolf or he's literally gamethrowing to fix his lopsided meta which is like.. bannably shit.

I like to think he's a wolf.

Kinda think analysing theatre here makes me want to to revisit Creature/Keyser associatives

if we mislynch and it's policy, good. He can learn not to be shit.

Fyi considering I love a good gaslighting as scum, I do not take kindly to it as town, especially when it is transparently gaslighting with no substance.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by the worst »

gonna take a little fresh air break but I will happily come back to seeing Creature lynched regardless of his alignment :)
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Creature »

I'm trying not to be shit
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Creature »

Like when I actually contributed you just threw it on the trash.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by Creature »

I can try again if needed but can't guarantee it will be your definition of natural
Sigh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by the worst »

Don't care about natural and tonal just want content
You don't strike me as the type of person who tries to be shit as either alignment and you're actually generally someone I really enjoy playing with, it just feels like you're desperate to avoid playing this game regardless of your lip service
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by the worst »

besides you and me convince me on someone who is locktown beyond belief? then we're at a 50% chance of hitting red. convince me on two and were up to 60% and this one's in the bag
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Eragon »

i got hella little time for hella lotta work, but i'll try to at least catch up on what's been happening in thread
Show
"follow your heart but take your brain with you"
"Get away... from me...!"

Get to know a Dark Shadow!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78520
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 756, Keyser Söze wrote:Hi Eragon
Strong entrance.
I’m happy you’ve joined us x
happy :3
In post 757, the worst wrote:
In post 753, Eragon wrote:One thing, what do you mean “timing between the push”?
The flitting between dog with a bone and just poking and prodding which makes them look like a woofer
this somehow made me even more confused
In post 758, Keyser Söze wrote:Well if TW is town, then maybe scum after sheeping his wrong reads.

I didn’t like how D1 right through to D4 was already planned out without at least a third of the playerlist not contributing. That stinks. Maybe just exuberant over-confidence from Ducky then.

Creature-Keyser-LabRat: Gamesolve? No judge. That is not.
so going off of how you explained it in a later post
this is saying
"he might be town if he's not the agena driven scumlord"
"but i dont like his D1-D4 pre-setup", which IMO feels pretty nitpicky, especially due to the likelihood of change,
"Creature-keyser-lab" gamesolve? nope." now, here im not sure if you are talking about YOU thinking those three are town and asking if thats gamesolve, of if you are talking about THE WORST thinking you 3 are scum, and saying thats not gamesolve.

IF its the first, then is that not a good start D1? having 1/3 of the playerlist sorted out and have a 50% chance of RNG'ing a correct lynch? If i could find 2 people i feel strongly enough to be lock-town i'd be happy.
IF its the latter, then do you have anything else to say about it than "nope you are wrong"?
In post 760, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 759, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'm townreading too much of the playerlist... Hm.
Keyser what did that first sentence mean?
"Well if TW is town, then maybe scum after sheeping his wrong reads."

TW doesn't have to be the agenda-driving scumlord. Scum will more likely be in his allies, hiding in his sails, completing his conquest for him.
Unfortunately that means I'm looking at you right now among others.
I now await Lefty's next move (or inevitable replace out) to complete the picture.
so are you thinking tw is town being sheeped by scum or tw scum and sheep scum or tw scum and sheep town?
im getting mixed signals from your posts here.
In post 762, Irrelephant11 wrote:in fact sheeping is town indicative for me, and you know this ???
eragon, come vote keyser with me
I'm not sure if you are talking to me or keyser, but i do know i don't know sheeping is town indicative for you.
the only game i've played with you i think is WW, where i felt you were pretty nuanced and the epitome of non-sheepy(tbf i didnt pay much attention due to insta lock-towning you) but i still feel you weren't really sheeping?

also, have you explained why keyser is scum, or is it new?
and why ask me specifically?
especially going to show in the next post you make(or one of them) you voted me, so FYPOV you asked scum to vote with you?
In post 763, Keyser Söze wrote:
Spoiler: fluff for Irrelphant
Yeah, you're not actually voting/sheeping TW's target right now. You're just trying to kill a townie :/
Out of 9 players with 3 scum in it, I am your #1 scum lord trying to send innocent animals to hell?

No I don't buy you think that. Unfortunately you're caught in the web. I am thus forced to look at you to try find out if you're an innocent bystander or pulling the strings.

1 At worst I am a townie who has de-railed/slowed down two wagons on two legitimate obvious scum, and will pay the consequences.
2 At best I am a townie trying to reshake the stubborn mindscape of the majority and trying to stop the planned misslynches.

(Currently I believe in 2. If it's 1, it's another learning lesson for me for being to paranoid)

My only allie this game is Creature :lol: , who I helped to put to L-1 :giggle: :facepalm: who actually thinks I'm "genuine".

I will promise to stop talking about me now, as this does nothing to help me achieve my win-con, only to protect my image with a disclaimer

Tell me why Volxen is in the 75%-99% town criteria right now?
I admittedly witnessed a technical "improvement", but I am hesitant to invest
serious
town coin in that slot right now.
Please convince me there.
i feel the first part is a lot of shade and AtE, but ofc those are things that can come from town as well...

In post 765, Irrelephant11 wrote:Okay

To start, volxen and I just finished a newbie game together tvt.
One of the biggest differences I saw in his play in the newbie vs in Watchmen Wanted was in how he formed reads. In WW his reads were something like "This player is pushing someone I think is town, therefore scum" and "lurking is scummy". That's about as deep as he ever got (read: so shallow they're not even in the water, even as he wrote walls to say it all)
In the newbie, his reads were "This player's suggestions help a pro-scum agenda, therefore scum" and "This player's play would be extremely risky and likely to fail if scum, therefore town". The first of the two reads I'm describing here (scumread on varsoon) was wrong, but he
a) clearly believed it
2) was considering other players' motivations in both cases, which showed much deeper thinking about "why" someone's play is scummy, rather than leaning on caricatures of scummy play to make other players more mislynchable.

From his - "I would think town!Rat would understand that this game isn't just about everyone forming their own reads in isolation and then presenting their readslist to the rest of the group, but it's largely a game that involves interacting with everyone else to understand their motivations, which includes asking players questions such as, "what did you think about X from player Y?" The fact that Rat's initial reaction to both questions about Keyser was to immediately label them as attempts to be LAMIST rather than as genuine questions that were asked to gather information to help gamesolve, seems much more likely to come from scum than town."
This paragraph alone is halfway to townclearing for volxen imo. It reminds me of his push on Varsoon - probably wrong (if I'm right about labrat), but he believes it and is taking into account more than surface-level scum traits. He's really trying to find another player's motivations.

I won't say volxen HAS to be town here, because I will take into account his tryhard-ness and comments he's made about wanting to improve his scumgame, but I think his similarities to his play in the newbie and the difference between this and WW is notable and obvious - not to mention he is game solving mostly un-prompted so far, whereas a lot of the development of his reads in WW came after he was wagoned

the fact that tw also meta-townreads volxen helps confirm, as I think regardless of tw's alignment he'd probably agree that this is very different from the weak scumgame we've seen from volxen, and is very similar to town!volxen as seen elsewhere

How do you read him?
so you have a good enough meta read on volxen from his 14 posts(i think thats the #) that you are, as keyser puts it, "75-99% sure volxen is town"

i don't disagree with what you have posted, i disagree with the strength of the read you have.
In post 766, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: eragon
why the vote?
i haven't seen any progression from you, nor explanation, to warrant a naked vote.
especially after asking me to follow you on keyser, shows that you dont
truly
have a scumread on me, else why would you ask me to follow you?
In post 769, the worst wrote:
In post 765, Irrelephant11 wrote:I won't say volxen HAS to be town here, because I will take into account his tryhard-ness and comments he's made about wanting to improve his scumgame, but I think his similarities to his play in the newbie and the difference between this and WW is notable and obvious - not to mention he is game solving mostly un-prompted so far, whereas a lot of the development of his reads in WW came after he was wagoned

the fact that tw also meta-townreads volxen helps confirm, as I think regardless of tw's alignment he'd probably agree that this is very different from the weak scumgame we've seen from volxen, and is very similar to town!volxen as seen elsewhere
Strongly agree with this post and strongly agree with the quoted as well. I was half tempted to push him as scum to see how he reacted (we TvT'd in my first IC game genuinely and by the end of it volxy in particular was v v obvtown) but given the depth of nuance in his reads I don't think I need to

I actually think they're indicative of the trajectory of his improving towngame more so than where I'd expect to see his scumgame improve (i.e. I strongly agree that he believes what he's saying) and would be pretty surprised if he has improved this markedly and in such a surprisingly specific way as scum

He might be my strongest townread following your read here. :0
same as with reundo, i see the points, i agree with the read, i think its slightly to earler to have that be the strongest read IMHO.
if he continues with the nuance, sure, but i find it easy to start off a game well, but its when it gets later the true colors leak out.
In post 770, the worst wrote:I'm at a bit of an impasse. I wanna pressure Eragon bc it's hard to split his reads from lip service to solving but like also...
that's probably not going to do anything...
bolded part :thumbs_up:
I gave the reads that you asked me to give.
i didn't have time to do all of them, so i just put "No read"
its basically equal to me leaving out everyone i put "no read" on and only giving the ones i did, except i was making it clearer to you.

IF you're talking about my specific creature read, then explain why you think that might not be truly solving the game.
In post 773, the worst wrote:akshully Era's Creature read is pretty shocking but it doesn't feel as wolfy as I wish it did

Rel rel rel rel what's his theatre game like?
wat.
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 776, Irrelephant11 wrote:do you mean "what does eragon faking a read look like?"?

pedit: ok
keyser are you scum
what do you hope to gain by asking this question?
In post 779, Irrelephant11 wrote:I don't remember eragon faking a towncase
I remember him faking a scumcase on ausuka
i can fake any case as scum if i want to
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If i might do some horrid self-meta to clear things up,
Spoiler:
i find that as scum i have set parameters in what i want people to look like with my read on them, so i'll focus on making them look like town or making them look like scum as it would be. As town its more "solvey-ish" and trying to figure it out through the case,

In post 781, volxen wrote:
In post 724, Eragon wrote:First 10 posts-
-I dont see anything AI, mostly memes/not really content posts
In post 189, Creature wrote:Cool I almost posted in a game that ended months ago

Next 10 posts-i see a few things here
- the stuff about replacing out seems like natural interaction? I don’t really know I just kinda like the tone from it
- this post gives me strong town pings, specifically saying “dont send me to heaven”

21-30
- *pats*
- you poor soul.
- I dont know where this read comes from? He hasn’t said anything about tw, and all of a sudden “oh hey your probably right on TW”
- makes my heart feel warm inside 0.0 but on a serious note It does seem weird, but why would scum say a single intro RvS post reads town? pocket?

31-40
- prove it. Insofar you can, this post is fine, but if you aren’t trying, this is probably LAMIST

41-50
- personally feel towny tone here, but I also think this is a stretch
- why are you bringing this up again?? And the “i wouldn’t notice it myself though” sounds like “oh hey I didn’t get a scum rc so I couldn’t see that”
- personally I abhor self-meta, but I know people do it on this site (?) so im in-between here. Reasoning is b/c if someone knows their meta enough to comment about it, can’t they manipulate it? like, creature says “i’d give town reads as scum”
> gives like, 1 townread.
“oh hey I cant be scum”
- do you have a response to their vote?

51-60
- then does it
- can you elaborate a bit more on “he did enough” and why you are hesistant?
- towny vibes
- I have no idea the context, but I feel towny ping he doesn’t want to do unnatural things.

61-70
- isn’t that what you did? (except for saying it outloud)

71-80
- town ping, scum would force reads out, town wants to make accurate reads
- was that an actual scum read?

81-90
do you feel you are doing that this game? And is it normal as all alignments?
as above town ping, scum would try to force a read
above

91-100
its all well and good to try to make reads the way you want, but its normally good to have some reads by that point of the game… I still like how you aren’t giving in to people forcing you to make reads, as I feel scum would, but I think its about time…
mostly calm reaction to the vote, but it also strikes me a bit odd
“ I dont care if you vote me just don’t Lynch me” feels like an indirect way of saying “why the fuck did you vote me”

101-110
this made me laugh
most people like it when you give reasons for town reads ;_;
please?
I dont know whats going on in this post

111-120
:3
*pat*
do it. I dare you.
I also want an explanation from lab

121-130
why des it matter if he’s an alt?
what do you mean? You think volxen is scum, or you think this puts us into judgement day? And if you think volxen is scum explain. And if you think everyone is town, explain.
I see that too, but why go pure shade instead of asking WHY rel is sleeping TW?
can you explain why you SR volxen?

131-141
speak of the devil, please don’t do this. Odd coincidence for the post numbers lmao.
so basically your read is he had a wolf pop-in. Got it. But what about the rest of his posts? scummy? Towny but not enough to counter-act, null?
IM HERE BISH AND YOU CANT STOP THIS
well, its also statisticly likely that at least 1 is scum, based on there being 4/9 players and 3/9 are scum…
when did you change the read?

142-155
- try to draw a conclusion yourself, as well as asking
- MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- again, you literally need to have worse reads than RNG(i’ve seen it happen) to not have one of these be scum
- do you truly believe this?
- I think you should
- so you don’t acknowledge the fact that you could be scum and people think you might be scum??????? Everyone that scum reads you, no matter what, your skeptical of?
- ok.

conclusion:
So, i saw a lot of posts that gave me towny pings and i felt the tone was towny, but i also read a few that just made me go "WTF???" so i don't think i can consider this strong town, but i definitely have a townread here
Alright, so you've done a fairly detailed ISO dive of Creature. And it also seems you not only believe that Creature is town, but he is your strongest townread. It seems like you came to that conclusion fairly easily, but if Creature is somehow obvious town, then several players (including myself) are missing it, so it's a bit concerning to me that he became your strongest townread so quickly and so easily. Especially because a lot of the things you listed as being townie for him could easily be faked by scum. For example:

i'll do this in blue do to large post and hard reading.
So, for you're first point, saying that creature is my strongest townread: No duh? he's the only person i've full on read this game. i don't think he's obvious town, i read his tone and some of his posts as towny, but not all, and i can definitely see some scum in there. I feel he's town, thats all. again "its concering that he became your strongest townread so quickly and easily" its not hard to be the strongest townread when theres only 1 thought through townread, now is it? ITs like saying I got first place in a one person tournament.

In post 724, Eragon wrote:- the stuff about replacing out seems like natural interaction? I don’t really know I just kinda like the tone from it
Why is him asking Lefty whether he replaced out more likely to come from town!Creature than scum!Creature? I don't really see that as being AI at all.
Its not the comment itself, i felt the tone was slightly natural IMO, as clearly stated in my post.
"i dont know, i just kinda like the tone"
meaning its not the content thats ai, its my read on how his post read

In post 724, Eragon wrote:- this post gives me strong town pings, specifically saying “dont send me to heaven”
Scum could do that just as well to try to make themselves look more towny, especially with his whole follow-up of "I don't plan to be sent to heaven early anyway. I'm more of an endgame guy." in post .

eh, agreed.

In post 724, Eragon wrote:-319 why are you bringing this up again?? And the “i wouldn’t notice it myself though” sounds like “oh hey I didn’t get a scum rc so I couldn’t see that”
When Labrat brought up the typo about the mafia RC saying "aligned with town" in post , people were quick to point out that that may be more likely to come from scum than town (i.e., scum would be more likely to notice the typo), which may be a fair assessment. But why is Creature's response of "I wouldn't notice it myself though" townie? Couldn't that just be scum!Creature making a joke about it in jest?

This is a reason that i think Creature could be scum? did you think i was calling him town here? i felt it was kinda LAMIST actually.

In post 724, Eragon wrote:-332 towny vibes
Why? In that post he says, "tbh I'm more ready to send players to heaven than scum to hell." Considering it's arguably a lot worse to send scum to heaven than it is to send a townie to hell, why does he get town points for that?
*shrug* i can see both sides of the coins, i actually misread this the opposite way, and i liked he was being consitent with "hard to get townreads right now" but re-reading it this way that is invalid.

In post 724, Eragon wrote:-471 town ping, scum would force reads out, town wants to make accurate reads
In post 558, Creature wrote:Like volxen who just came here to fart and left
In post 662, Creature wrote:
In post 660, Irrelephant11 wrote:As in, you think DrJ and Volxen are both scum?
I expressed multiple times I scumread volxen.

Also DrJ didn't seem to do anything other than bugging me for inactivity when like the entire playerlist was inactive.

That might have been a fair point to make for Creature earlier in the game, but his read of me is either forced/faked (if he is scum) or incredibly lazy (if he is town). I asked TW legitimate questions about the Heroes Wanted game (since TW himself brought it up as his basis for meta reading Creature), and Creature responds by throwing shade at me saying I was "fart posting" by asking about the game. It came across like he was more interested in throwing shade at me rather than trying to accurately sort my slot.
i don't find "he came in to fart and then left" as a very shade-y post, but i give you if thats his only reason for Sr'ing you thats a bit odd.

Now if Creature is in-fact town, I agree with his assessment in post that he probably didn't get up to L-1 without scum involvement, especially since a third of the playerlist is scum. And I am one of the people on his wagon, so it makes sense for town!Creature to be critical of my slot. But his wagon consisted of myself, Dr. J., The Worst, and Keyser. He has been throwing shade at me and Dr. J, but why is he not being critical of the rest of his wagon? He seems to be giving Keyser in particular an easy townread, as he seems convinced that Keyser is the only person on his wagon that is town. But he never explained why Keyser's joining of his wagon is more "genuine" than TW, Dr. J, or myself joining his wagon:

he hasn't explained a lot of things this game tbf, but i don't think he's being very critical of TW because i agree, i find TW pretty towny rn, and i also remember from quick skim Dr. J being pushy(which i figured out is NAI) and you not having a lot of posts, so i understand why he focuses on those 2.

In post 683, Creature wrote:Keyser feels like the most genuine atleast. The rest all have some scum equity.
In post 687, Creature wrote:Now I think there's very likely scum among {DrJ, the worst, volxen}

I could see any of them deciding to push me as scum.
Any why doesn't he consider the possibility that Keyser could be pushing him as scum as well? Why is Keyser the only person on his wagon that gets a free pass?

you are sort of contradicting yourself here, earlier you said "hes only being critical of Me and Doc J" but here it shows he thinks TW might be scum too. (i posted the above about not pushing TW based off of what you said and without reading on so im just keeping that their but you can ignore it if you want) and maybe because he thinks keyser is town??? i admit he hasn't explained it yet, and he should, but b/c he does townread keyser, why would he consider keyser is scum pushing him>?

I'm just not seeing anything in Creature's ISO or interactions that is strongly indicative of him being town. It really feels like you are giving Creature an incredibly easy townread.
maybe there isnt, maybe i am. i feel that he is town, its fine that people disagree. Its by no means a strong read, and i could see him flipping scum, i just don't think so if i was forced to give a read on the spot, i'd say town over scum.

In post 782, Irrelephant11 wrote:So seems to be how eragon formats any deep read he makes as either alignment (I remember learning this upon metadive to figure out his scumgame)
Umm his fake scumread of Ausuka in Watchmen Wanted consisted mostly of "Can't explain this??" and "one interpretation of this post would be ____, and that's the one I pick"
doesn't focus much on trajectory so much as isolated moments

...that's all I got, it's kinda hard to pick out what makes a fake read fake, plus at the time I believed his reads mostly
Ye pretty much.
In post 784, the worst wrote:yea I think his creature case is more consistent with how town eragon forms reads but the actual content is like... babby no....

@volxy good post gimme a sec.
why do you think the content is bad? simply cuz you disagree?
In post 785, the worst wrote:actually Era needs to respond to your post, me throwing my weight around would be a waste of time. plus I only weigh as much as a witch
^_^ ofc i'll respond.
also, im fine with you pushing the read too, it helps me iron the kinks out of my case(like the things volxen pointed out different interpretations for), and every little bit counts you fluffy little featherweight
In post 786, Keyser Söze wrote:In your opinion, does scum-Creature saying I’m the only “genuine” mofo, good or bad in terms of associations with him?
why do you even need to ask this??
In post 791, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 789, the worst wrote:
In post 788, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 787, the worst wrote:about as neutral as it should be I think
So he’s just WIFOM shooting... shouting names for null fun...?

Including his scum read of Volxen + Dr J (two of the most loved slots this game)?
My brain aches because I think having nonsense reads which go against the grain is >rand town but citing meta and calling people bad when you're asked to explain them is >rand wolf (refer: my scumgame)

if he is indeed scum yeah he just yells random names. there isn't a discerbable rhyme or reason to whether or not he would treat a scumbuddy or a townie the way he's treating you I don't think

I can re dive Heroes Wanted or smth to see if it might spew you but his meta is in a state of aggressive flux so like, I don't want to
Yells random names

Good, just protecting myself incase he does flip mafia :giggle:

I just thought to myself, in that scenario, he may be trying to shade two of the most established universal town reads by instilling paranoia in our minds... then link me to himself via an unexplained town read! :o

Good thing he isn’t scum though right!

this post strikes me as really weird, like "protecting myself incase he does flip mafia" why would town post this, or why would town plan on needing to protect themselves if their townread flipped scum??
and "good thing he isnt scum though right!" feels forced and OTT, and doesn't really fit with the rest of the post.
In post 794, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 786, Keyser Söze wrote:In your opinion, does scum-Creature saying I’m the only “genuine” mofo, good or bad in terms of associations with him?
If I may answer that as well, in my opinion its scum buddying town, given I see no reason from his perspective to see why you should be genuine. I have difficulty reading you tbh but I'd... tenatively mark you as slight town, and this goes to confirm that.

I've felt tw to be town, however, I do have a thought that he could also be scum with creature given it would be natural for him to bus his scum partner. I'm fairly confident he isn't esp as I don't think scum would be a second vote on a wagon on their partner, but I'll want to revisit that to see what other interactions there are there.
"given i see no reason from his perspective"
well i see the problem already
you can't see from his perspective :lol: :lol:
ya'll are different people with different thoughts and you can't mindread through a computer screen

why are you townreading keyser based off the thought creature is scum pocketing keyser before any flips?

lol @tw bussing that hard D1 in this setup
In post 795, the worst wrote:I don't think I can scumcase a buddy as well as I cased creature, also fwiw I'm like insanely burned out on bussing so w/e take that how you will

Rel can probably back up from that one newbie game I would rather fight uphill than bus atm, also suss open 730 or whichever one was grey flag by the awesone rurururu
i agree
In post 798, volxen wrote:@Keyser, do you think Creature is perhaps pocketing/buddying you? Does his townread of you feel "genuine"?
well if he felt like he was pocketed wouldn't that make his reads different???
In post 799, Keyser Söze wrote:He’s probably pocketed me in the sense I empathasized with his frustration yesterday (his appeal to emotion, regardless of alignment) made me want to take a step back. When you’re in the same boat as someone you can’t just help but feel like brothers. If the shoe was on the other foot and I was L-1 i’m sure he would have
unvoted too!
hammered me probably :lol:

I was hoping he would expand on his t/read of me but I don’t think that’s his style.

But the thing why try pocket only me? I’m only one vote, who hasn’t got any serious credit or control right now, so it’s a wasted buddying attempt if anything. There are lots of more persuasive players out there willing to flip him today. Eragon wasn’t even directly buddied/pocketed.. he just jumped in there with a straight town read.
yep :D
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 801, LabRat01 wrote:First thoughts when catching up:

Irrelephant seems to be really happy to town-read Voxel, which is kind of weirding me out.
In post 632, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 384, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 377, Irrelephant11 wrote:My one thought without fully catching up is this seems like a towny volxen, unless he’s trying very very hard to improve his scumgame (no nuance there)
Improvement noticed too... would like to witness wider focus though.
is this you saying he's "improved scum" or that he's town?
It's theoretically possible this is his improved scumgame (and he's tryhard enough to get there) but it's a BIG jump from easy-to-lynch-d1 scum!volxen from WW
In post 632, Irrelephant11 wrote:without nuance
haha to explain further he seems to really struggle as scum to come up with thought-out reasoning for his reads. His reads aren't perfect but the amount of thought that goes into them shows a lot about his alignment (I think he's almost certainly town here)
He’d have to be bullshiting hard for it to be a lie.
In post 632, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 390, LabRat01 wrote:how does volx play as scum?
Still don't really understand volxen's scumread of labrat? Like it seemed like it came from "there has to be 1 scum in {tw, labrat}" and imo tw is scummier here
I find it off though that he’d use a non-personal way of talking to them here though.
I mean, if volx is really sooo townie to him, I think it would be more natural to treat him as town and just simply ask him about his reads instead of doing that from a distance. That’s used more often when you’re judging someone, which feels kinda weird here considering irre’s enthusiasm while TRing volx.

It doesn’t really give me a strong read on him, but it’s just sth I wanted to mention.
uhh im seeing a contradiction

you say "the happiness of the townread weirds me out" but also
you say "he'd have to be bullshitting hard to make this a lie" which means its a real read which is good right?

so its it wierd and overhappy or truthful and good?
In post 805, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 709, Eragon wrote:
In post 707, the worst wrote:sup

Eragonna kick some scum butt?
yes my bready friend.

I've played this set-up before , albeit from the opposite side, and it was extremely mind-game fun
Oof, that’s dumb, like, extremely dumb, but it’s giving me town vibes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen eragon meme so hard btw
few things i gotta settle with you :twisted: :twisted:
1. what's dumb?
5. i've never playe with you before(unless alt)
17. I meme hard alot, especially early.
In post 806, LabRat01 wrote:The read on creat is kind of easy, but not really weird considering that eragon hasn’t read anything from the thread yet
In post 724, Eragon wrote: I also want an explanation from lab
From how I understood it, people were SRing Creat here because he tends to freeze as scum (lurks while badly pretending to be doing anything?), also if I understood it right, he’s not good at interacting with the townies as scum and has way worse reads than when playing town.
I haven’t seen any game where he’d be scum yet, but that’s what I understood about his scum meta so far. From what I know, he isn’t anywhere close to helpful as town either, but most of the time is sort of readable? (or at least that’s what other people say)

In the early game I kind of refrained from reading him because of my bad experiences with his town meta, but I didn’t like his interactions with TW in the mid-game. ( and most of the interactions earlier (you can read the page and the previous one and it should be ok))
uhh I meant more along the lines of "why is not lynching -Lynch target- game throwing"

--------------------------
In short, TW was SRing Creat since quite a while and started interacting with him to get sth out of him and Creat responded mostly by empty-posting and refusing to do stuff while explaining it as town motivated/normal for him.
It kind of felt like he was just getting salty that people were SRing him, when he’s been doing similar stuff in his bad town games and refused to contribute not because he wasn’t able to, but “just for the sake of proving his point“. (which comes more often form scum than town imo)

And 515 and 516 kind of did it for me. Like, I think it’s rather common knowledge that hard jesting for reaction tests is a really bad way to get reads. Noobs may do it sometimes, but it’s weird seeing it coming from someone who played for a few years
It felt like absolute bullshit to me

I mean, I do have bad experiences with reading creat and the stuff about his town meta sometimes being shitty were true, but even if that’s true, if he’s gonna be unreadable and if he’s claiming to be doing it on purpose, I do not have any reason to waste my time by keeping him alive in the game. Just no

k

His latest posts were better though
In post 682, Creature wrote:
In post 678, ManateeDude wrote:Creature (4) - Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, the worst, Keyser Söze, volxen
First, this is never all town, specially if I'm town.

All of them reaching to the same wrong conclusion simply never happens in mafia history.
That was kinda townie.
I don't think its that great of a conclusion, given the statistical approximation of at least one of them being scum simply by RNG

The fact that he takes his “scum-flip” into probability when talking about interaction reads is not sth I think often comes from stressed scum.
I can see this, although some semantics I noticed(using semantics to show its not strong and more just tinfoil) he used "if" as if he might not flip town even from his PoV?

In post 692, Creature wrote:
In post 690, the worst wrote:
In post 688, Creature wrote:Also I'm pretty sure scum are aware of the "oh scum will always townread town!creature", so likely they'd try to break it like this game.
waht.
like, it's pretty usual for scum to townread me because I will obvtown and they will look bad if I don't.

So they could push me as scum and when they turn to be wrong they can use the argument above.
And maaaybe that

I also kinda liked his “farting” read on volx, but meh

he kind of jumped up for me from an: "absolutely lynch" position to sth like: "yeah, ok.... go on..."
what did you like about the "Farting read"

In post 808, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 731, Eragon wrote:im not doing any more big posts due to MY GODDAMN TESTS THAT I STILL NEED TO STUDY FOR

(good news: one got moved back to thursday)
(bad news: i still have 3 in the next 2 days)
Oof, and I thought I had it hard
In post 734, Eragon wrote:this is what i feel needs to happen for heaven phase

Heaven 1: send the towniest person we can spare(basically mislynch bait)
Kind of agree, but don’t go overboard with it
everyone’s got different reads anyway, so honestly, any kind of townie-looking lynch except the super confident/helpful ones will be plenty good
FYI the study guide for my English test tomorrow is 23 pages long on google docs.

TWENTY.
THREE.
GOD.
DAMN.
PAGES.
FOR.
ONE.
EXAM.
In post 809, LabRat01 wrote:Image
They exist
You can be town.
In post 816, the worst wrote:
In post 813, Creature wrote:
In post 727, the worst wrote:I'm starting to wonder if I'm being wrong and Creature is actually willing to be bad town to fix his lopsided meta
Huh? I'm not being bad town.
you're certainly not being good town ergo this is a scumclaim

scum claim is quite a bit too strong here
In post 822, LabRat01 wrote:P.Edit
About the heaven lynch, I think I’d be fine with volx after all
That’s not personally my strong SR, but if he really is scum (I'm kind of tempted to believe in the TRs on him, but meh), that’s a very valuable flip to get (even if it’s a heaven lynch imo)
I really doubt that scum would just remain idle if they got such a wonderful opportunity to get rid of one of them to heaven and only 2 people (as far as I remember) seemed to strongly push them being town
In post 766, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: eragon
Elaborate please (or quote the read cuz your posts are long and I might have missed it xd )
he didn't make a read lol xd

----------------------

I disagree with most of it, but I think volx’s read on eragon was good
I didn't even know that was a read 0.0
I thought that was a response to my case

----------------------

And sorry, that’s just a catchup, I got back like 2 hours ago, so I haven’t been able to do anything yet
Going to sleep rn, but I will 100% have time to work on my reads tomorrow
Sry for that
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Eragon »

Eat My Wall Post 2.0

and now i need to go work on said 23 page study guide
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Eragon »

what would be absolutely amazing is if our other WW buddy replaced lefty 0.0
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Eragon »

now its fucking 27 pages kmn
Show

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by the worst »

how many pages in your mash
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Post by Creature »

Why is DrJekill town again?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Post by Creature »

I'm sorry for my negativity
Sigh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Post by the worst »

It's all good man. Sorry for getting snappy earlier. :x

I'm townreading LCP more than I'm townreading Korina, but I think Korina's contributions are particularly town indicative for him. Hold on I'll see if I can find some succinct ramblings in my iso (I've had wine :D)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 752, the worst wrote:I think some of their pushes have been surface level and opportunistic but not in a way that is pro mislynch if that makes sense. The fluidity of their reads and the timing on how they've shifted between pushes also feels towny. If they're scum they do not give a fuck about appearances which is chilled

I really struggle with Korina's playstyle regularly bc I always find him reach and opportunistic feeling but as town he is jUSt trYING and I kinda have to bend myself into a pretzel to read it correctly without surrendering to my natural bias. but I'm seeing it here more than I usually see it. Lcp has a pretty similar energy wrt jUSt trYING and I've found him like pretty much fine but I'm townreading Korina more atm

lmk if this makes sense, I think we're seeing pretty similar behaviours in the hydra's iso just coming at it from different angles
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by Creature »

My problem with Korina is that her playstyle here feels different than what I remember.
Sigh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by the worst »

What game/s did you guys play together? What kinda differences are you vibing?

He's been pretty v/la for most of the phase too which is tricky
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by Creature »

Only the game where I was IC.
Sigh

Return to “Completed Open Games”