Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:04 am

Post by armlx »

BM, I'm not gonna lie, but this "New way to test you" thing is pretty stray.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:11 am

Post by farside22 »

No I have no idea what BM is talking about, but frankly I'm tired of all this talk.
Point blank I'm targeting BM. Sorry BM, but the conversation will not go back to scum hunting without this announcement. Now can we get back to finding scum and stop this BS with BM.
Thank you
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:15 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Battle Mage wrote:
No, she does not know yet. But she will. And thats why she won't vig me tonight.
Battle Mage wrote:
If Farside does not kill me tonight, i am town.

She will know..but you are not telling us how she will know. I am calling bullshit...

If farside doesnt target you tonight, then that probably means that farside will not kill you tonight, but THAT DOES NOT mean you are town...it just means farside did not test you

BM, are you not grasping the concept of "testing you"? The test is WHEN she targets you...not "if"...

Why do you want her to kill me so much tonight and not test you? I am agreed to the wager....I have a feeling this everyone will be keeping me to my word tomorrow...again, why are you afraid of farside targetting you tonight?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:BM, I'm not gonna lie, but this "New way to test you" thing is pretty stray.
lol yeh i can see that some people are having trouble grasping it. But really, that isnt necessary.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

farside22 wrote:No I have no idea what BM is talking about, but frankly I'm tired of all this talk.
Point blank I'm targeting BM. Sorry BM, but the conversation will not go back to scum hunting without this announcement. Now can we get back to finding scum and stop this BS with BM.
Thank you
-.-

Ok, let me ask you this. If i could totally, absolutely, categorically prove that my role and ability is protown, and definitely, certainly not the ability of a member of a cult, before you submit your choice, will you refrain from firing 1 of ur bullets at me? Because if not, i guess we'll have to go with what was originally suggested. I just think it's a waste, is all.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
No, she does not know yet. But she will. And thats why she won't vig me tonight.
Battle Mage wrote:
If Farside does not kill me tonight, i am town.

She will know..but you are not telling us how she will know. I am calling bullshit...
Aww didums. Sadly, that knowledge is strictly confidential. Feel free to call bs on me all you want. You might as well be talking to Jathan. There's nobody home and nobody's buying what you have to offer.
CKD wrote:If farside doesnt target you tonight, then that probably means that farside will not kill you tonight, but THAT DOES NOT mean you are town...it just means farside did not test you
No, it means Farside was 100% certain that i am protown, hence she did not shoot me.
CKD wrote: BM, are you not grasping the concept of "testing you"? The test is WHEN she targets you...not "if"...
No, i think its YOU who is failing to grasp the fact that Farside will not, if i have my way, be targetting me tonight, BUT she will be testing me. You got that?
CKD wrote: Why do you want her to kill me so much tonight and not test you? I am agreed to the wager....I have a feeling this everyone will be keeping me to my word tomorrow...again, why are you afraid of farside targetting you tonight?
Im not majorly worried if she kills you or not. If she doesnt, ill make sure you are lynched tomorrow anyway. My way has the same outcome as the original idea, except that we still get the vig kills.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Battle Mage wrote:
farside22 wrote:No I have no idea what BM is talking about, but frankly I'm tired of all this talk.
Thank you
-.-

Ok, let me ask you this. If i could totally, absolutely, categorically prove that my role and ability is protown, and definitely, certainly not the ability of a member of a cult, before you submit your choice, will you refrain from firing 1 of ur bullets at me? Because if not, i guess we'll have to go with what was originally suggested. I just think it's a waste, is all.

BM
Personally I think it's a waste too, but everyone is more focused on you and testing you and less on scum hunting that it is just getting in the way. People will not be happy unless I test you. I want the conversation to go back to scum and less on wether you are telling the truth or not. My going after you and stating as much should stifle this conversation.
@Everyone: I am not changing my mind. I'm targeting BM. Now back to scum hunting.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:34 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

prediction, even though farside has agreed to test BM, BM will still plead with her.

now can we lynch TS...

BM, her other alts seem to be posting.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Umm, you will be testing me. Or rather, you will be able to confirm my role, BEFORE YOU EVEN SUBMIT YOUR CHOICE. I'm not even asking you to not kill me. Im asking you to wait until night, and then all will be revealed. If you arent convinced, please take a pop at me. I'll be sat at home on the sofa. All i want is the BOD.

Now, quit appealing to the masses, as if an end to this discussion is going to get the game moving any faster, or them contributing any more. Dont get bullied into things by others. I want YOUR answer on this. Now please.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:prediction, even though farside has agreed to test BM, BM will still plead with her.

now can we lynch TS...

wow, we have a psychic in the house. :roll:

You really need to work on your grasp of english grammar though. Your vocabulary is unspeakably poor... -.-

I still want ur pbpa of Dahill.
Maybe you can stop bugging Farside until youve made some contribution to the game yourself.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Matt_S »

I say we do BM's alternative test. Tomorrow, BM will explain what the hell the test was and how it confirms him. If it's unsatisfactory, we lynch him. Problem solved.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Matt_S wrote:I say we do BM's alternative test. Tomorrow, BM will explain what the hell the test was and how it confirms him. If it's unsatisfactory, we lynch him. Problem solved.
Yep. In fact, even easier. Tonight, Farside will be able to assess my idea, and if she isnt convinced, she will kill me. If she is convinced, she won't kill me. That should hopefully solve the issue.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Matt_S »

@BM: I need some clarification. If farside dies tonight for whatever reason or otherwise is unable to report her night action, will we be able to know if your test worked?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Matt_S wrote:@BM: I need some clarification. If farside dies tonight for whatever reason or otherwise is unable to report her night action, will we be able to know if your test worked?
yeh i thought about this too. Yeh, that wouldnt be a problem. The success of the test will be pretty self-explanatory regardless of whether Farside was killed or not. Her kills would still be seen after all, and the fact i am not dead would confirm that she was satisfied with my affiliation.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:@BM: I need some clarification. If farside dies tonight for whatever reason or otherwise is unable to report her night action, will we be able to know if your test worked?
yeh i thought about this too. Yeh, that wouldnt be a problem. The success of the test will be pretty self-explanatory regardless of whether Farside was killed or not. Her kills would still be seen after all, and the fact i am not dead would confirm that she was satisfied with my affiliation.

BM
This post makes me slightly ucomfortable, but I think that I may know what your test is.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Matt_S wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
This post makes me slightly ucomfortable, but I think that I may know what your test is.
really? shhh then. :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

curiouskarmadog wrote:now can we lynch TS...

Geez, you miss me, CKD? That's a first!

This game has way too much BM in it. It's a great big BM-fest.

The mesmerized majority of players are walking in procession, bringing incense and basketfuls of mangos, bananas and coconuts as a sacrifice to their accursed gilded idol Battle Mage, that sits contentedly and resplendent in the golden flickering light of prayer lanterns and candles.

Let me know when the you leave BM's temple and you feel like lynching somebody.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:14 am

Post by armlx »

BM, I'm pretty sure I know as well, but I would much rather confirm it the normal way if we have to at all. I'm sorta neutral on confirmation in general, as I'm unsure if going from vig to cult cop is an upgrade or not.

BM, just wondering 1 thing that I'm pretty sure I asked before: Have you asked Jordan if you die for hiding with scum, or just read your role PM for it? Its something that he could have forgotten, and if he by chance did that actually makes your role much more powerful.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Battle Mage wrote:Her kills would still be seen after all, and the fact i am not dead would confirm that she was satisfied with my affiliation.
Her satisfaction would not be confirmation of anything, oh Great One.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
Don't worry, your possible secret is safe with me.
armlx wrote:BM, just wondering 1 thing that I'm pretty sure I asked before: Have you asked Jordan if you die for hiding with scum, or just read your role PM for it? Its something that he could have forgotten, and if he by chance did that actually makes your role much more powerful.
I may just be missing this, but if he does die by hiding with scum, how does that help? For us to know who he targets, he has to announce it. That means scum gets to kill that person and BM on one night, unless BM pulls WIFOM on the mafia, which makes him unreliable anyways.
Toaster Strudel wrote:Her satisfaction would not be confirmation of anything, oh Great One.
There's obviously more to it than that.

And I'm willing to go for 50/50 against dahill.
Unvote, Vote dahill1
. Just don't forget Peers though.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:now can we lynch TS...

Geez, you miss me, CKD? That's a first!

This game has way too much BM in it. It's a great big BM-fest.

The mesmerized majority of players are walking in procession, bringing incense and basketfuls of mangos, bananas and coconuts as a sacrifice to their accursed gilded idol Battle Mage, that sits contentedly and resplendent in the golden flickering light of prayer lanterns and candles.

Let me know when the you leave BM's temple and you feel like lynching somebody.
I wish my games were ACTUALLY like that. :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:BM, I'm pretty sure I know as well, but I would much rather confirm it the normal way if we have to at all. I'm sorta neutral on confirmation in general, as I'm unsure if going from vig to cult cop is an upgrade or not.

BM, just wondering 1 thing that I'm pretty sure I asked before: Have you asked Jordan if you die for hiding with scum, or just read your role PM for it? Its something that he could have forgotten, and if he by chance did that actually makes your role much more powerful.
I dont really understand your comment about confirmation. Armlx, if you know what im getting at, you may aswell say it now.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Matt_S wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
Don't worry, your possible secret is safe with me.
armlx wrote:BM, just wondering 1 thing that I'm pretty sure I asked before: Have you asked Jordan if you die for hiding with scum, or just read your role PM for it? Its something that he could have forgotten, and if he by chance did that actually makes your role much more powerful.
I may just be missing this, but if he does die by hiding with scum, how does that help? For us to know who he targets, he has to announce it. That means scum gets to kill that person and BM on one night, unless BM pulls WIFOM on the mafia, which makes him unreliable anyways.
Toaster Strudel wrote:Her satisfaction would not be confirmation of anything, oh Great One.
There's obviously more to it than that.

And I'm willing to go for 50/50 against dahill.
Unvote, Vote dahill1
. Just don't forget Peers though.
lets see what Armlx says, and then i might ask you to give your view. Or i might not.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:30 am

Post by armlx »

Matt_S wrote:
Well, every night he wakes up alive is +1 confirmed town.

BM, is your plan to hide with someone who you feel will die (or if you have been hiding the hide with scum thing, presumably CKD) and be confirmed by death? If so, have you done the math on if that speeds up the game by a day in the worst case scenario?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

skitzer wrote:this is a normal game anyway so I don't suspect many surprises.
This is a
good thing
. Surprises are not conducive to massclaim.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Because there are quite a few kills for the scum left to make, is my line of thinking.
There are also quite a few lynches left for the town to make. It works equally both ways, making this a moot point.

People seem to get this idea drilled into their head as newbies that massclaim is a desperation move, and it shouldn't be used early on
ever
. Nobody has every really given a reason for this.
Battle Mage wrote:Pie, please do me a favour. Drop the whole 'CKD is the lynch' act. He's getting vigged tonight, lets just leave it at that, ok?
It sounds to me like you have some kind of Fancy Plan that you're not revealing to the town. I'm fine with letting this happen, with the understanding that tomorrow, 1) You or CKD is dead, 2) You will be able to give us a good reason why you couldn't tell us what was going on today. Understand that if both these conditions aren't fulfilled, I will push damn hard against you tomorrow.
BM wrote:For now, the Dahill wagon needs you, and a case has already been posted. Please give as detailed thoughts as possible.
Was there a case against Dahill before I replaced in? If so, I didn't read it. If you're referring to the random crap people have been throwing at Dahill recently, I don't think it has any merit at all. I'll take these on a case-by-case basis. I'm not really a fan of pbpa's.
mnowax wrote:are we actually wasting a night to test BM? what the hell for? we either lynch him and find out, or we don't lynch him and if someone just so happens to confirm it oh well. plans like this are so easily backfired by the town.
Mnowax is completely right. BM, if your plan involves the vig's kill being altogether wasted, I will be pissed. Otherwise, carry on.
Matt_S wrote:I say we do BM's alternative test. Tomorrow, BM will explain what the hell the test was and how it confirms him. If it's unsatisfactory, we lynch him. Problem solved.
Hi Matt,

I'm Pie.

You are right a lot.

----------------

BM: If you're saying that CKD will absolutely die, without a chance of him surviving the night, I am okay with not lynching him. Otherwise...
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”