Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Bambietta Basterbine »

In post 298, Almost50 wrote:Bambietta is actually a he. he is a Vice Cop though, and he's working undercover, disguised as a female working the streets. He might've gone insane though. The word in the HQ is he is slaughtering some of those unfortunate should, and even attacking his colleagues isn't beyond him. His profile says he's been showing signs of sadism, so don't anybody trust him. Chief of police is calling upon Bambietta's captain to recall him from the streets and have him take a psychology reevaluation test, but I hear the captain is also afraid for his own well being he's reluctant to convey the instructions.
Actually I'm apart of the Vandenreich, an organization that specifically is meant to destroy humanity by disrupting the balance between the living and the dead. I'm also a Part-Time terrorist with an affinity for turning people into literal bombs for my amusement. You're thinking of Walt Disney's "Bambi" the deer. Easy misunderstanding. I get his mail sometimes.
"The whole point of fighting is that you don't want to die! That you'll be killed if you lose! If you throw your life away in battle, where's the point in winning?!!"
- Bambietta Basterbine
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 266, Egix96 wrote:
In post 263, ReaperOfSouls wrote:
In post 259, Egix96 wrote:
In post 256, bristep123 wrote:Ok, 9 pages to catch up on.

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon. DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
Yeah. I'm thinking there's probably one scum in {Bambi, volxen} but it's hard to say which at this point.
I'm still waiting for ROS to come back with some reads before I choose who to vote next.
I assume to see if it stays where it is?
I ISOed everyone. Having never played with any of you. Most everyone is a null read to me at this point. I don't have to ask if Clemency is always that random. I've already experienced enough to know the answer. My read there is he is completely random. Bambi I feel is random with a purpose. Differentiating what that is is proving difficult on first read. There's alot of random so far in this game. Not sure I like the naked votes by Adelbert Steiner. And something registered with volxen but I need to go back and reread. I see there are few that have sus feelings towards me. Not sure if it's my quietness or something else but I should be able to alleviate those by being more active than I have so far.
To sum up those ramblings I sit with everyone dead in middle, other than AS, Bambi and volxen and those are only first impressions. Nothing that I feel comfortable as of yet pushing.
Understandable.
UNVOTE:

I'm kinda underwhelmed with volxen so far. From what I remember of the game I played with him before (Newbie 1893 - he was town that game) he had a tendency to write very wordy posts with lots of analysis. Post # comes close but I was sort of hoping he'd have more to offer. Then again, it's possible he doesn't have as much to go off this time, but at the same time I'm not entirely sold on BB being scum.

VOTE: volxen
Interesting read. Given how inaccurate your read of me was in Newbie 1893 (we were both town and you hard-tunneled me on day one), I find it curious that you've jumped to the conclusion that I am scum because I have yet to write any "very wordy posts with lots of analysis" in this game. Yes I had a fair amount of lengthy posts in Newbie 1893, but that game got "serious" very early on, whereas up until very recently this game has consisted mostly of spamposting and joking around. There have been a lot of posts in this game in terms of quantity, but most of them are not "serious" posts. I feel like your read of my slot isn't taking that into account -- you're expecting me to have already written some of my infamous wallposts, even though the majority of the content in this game has been spamposting and joking around. So why would you expect detailed analysis from me at such an early point in the game? You made the connection between this game and Newbie 1893, while completely ignoring the fact that the transition from "RVS" to "serious mode" happened MUCH faster in that game, which is why I had more analytical posts earlier on in that game.

In fact if you look at all of my completed town games, my "very wordy posts with lots of analysis" always start after the game has made that transition from "RVS/joking around" to "serious mode", because that's when people start making actual readable posts that can be analyzed. Some games make that transition faster than others.

Given how quickly you came to this "scumread" of my slot, I feel like I'm going to need to read through your first game on this site (or at least ISO dive your slot), as I know you were scum in that game. You did tunnel me as town in Newbie 1893, but I would think town!Egix would be a bit more cautious in evaluating my slot, considering you were also pretty quick to (incorrectly) scumread me in that game. So while this could be TvT again, I'm not convinced yet that your "scumread" of me is genuinely coming from a town!Egix who wants to gamesolve. But I only have experience with town!Egix, so I will need to look at your completed scum game, because my concern at the moment is that you might be scum and you are purposefully tunneling me to mimic your town play from Newbie 1893.
DS
DS
Goon
DS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by DS »

was that a "very wordy post with lots of anyalysis"?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 302, volxen wrote:
In post 266, Egix96 wrote:
In post 263, ReaperOfSouls wrote:
In post 259, Egix96 wrote:
In post 256, bristep123 wrote:Ok, 9 pages to catch up on.

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon. DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
Yeah. I'm thinking there's probably one scum in {Bambi, volxen} but it's hard to say which at this point.
I'm still waiting for ROS to come back with some reads before I choose who to vote next.
I assume to see if it stays where it is?
I ISOed everyone. Having never played with any of you. Most everyone is a null read to me at this point. I don't have to ask if Clemency is always that random. I've already experienced enough to know the answer. My read there is he is completely random. Bambi I feel is random with a purpose. Differentiating what that is is proving difficult on first read. There's alot of random so far in this game. Not sure I like the naked votes by Adelbert Steiner. And something registered with volxen but I need to go back and reread. I see there are few that have sus feelings towards me. Not sure if it's my quietness or something else but I should be able to alleviate those by being more active than I have so far.
To sum up those ramblings I sit with everyone dead in middle, other than AS, Bambi and volxen and those are only first impressions. Nothing that I feel comfortable as of yet pushing.
Understandable.
UNVOTE:

I'm kinda underwhelmed with volxen so far. From what I remember of the game I played with him before (Newbie 1893 - he was town that game) he had a tendency to write very wordy posts with lots of analysis. Post # comes close but I was sort of hoping he'd have more to offer. Then again, it's possible he doesn't have as much to go off this time, but at the same time I'm not entirely sold on BB being scum.

VOTE: volxen
Interesting read. Given how inaccurate your read of me was in Newbie 1893 (we were both town and you hard-tunneled me on day one), I find it curious that you've jumped to the conclusion that I am scum because I have yet to write any "very wordy posts with lots of analysis" in this game. Yes I had a fair amount of lengthy posts in Newbie 1893, but that game got "serious" very early on, whereas up until very recently this game has consisted mostly of spamposting and joking around. There have been a lot of posts in this game in terms of quantity, but most of them are not "serious" posts. I feel like your read of my slot isn't taking that into account -- you're expecting me to have already written some of my infamous wallposts, even though the majority of the content in this game has been spamposting and joking around. So why would you expect detailed analysis from me at such an early point in the game? You made the connection between this game and Newbie 1893, while completely ignoring the fact that the transition from "RVS" to "serious mode" happened MUCH faster in that game, which is why I had more analytical posts earlier on in that game.

In fact if you look at all of my completed town games, my "very wordy posts with lots of analysis" always start after the game has made that transition from "RVS/joking around" to "serious mode", because that's when people start making actual readable posts that can be analyzed. Some games make that transition faster than others.

Given how quickly you came to this "scumread" of my slot, I feel like I'm going to need to read through your first game on this site (or at least ISO dive your slot), as I know you were scum in that game. You did tunnel me as town in Newbie 1893, but I would think town!Egix would be a bit more cautious in evaluating my slot, considering you were also pretty quick to (incorrectly) scumread me in that game. So while this could be TvT again, I'm not convinced yet that your "scumread" of me is genuinely coming from a town!Egix who wants to gamesolve. But I only have experience with town!Egix, so I will need to look at your completed scum game, because my concern at the moment is that you might be scum and you are purposefully tunneling me to mimic your town play from Newbie 1893.
Why do you think I've "jumped to the conclusion" that you are scum? It's only a
lean
because you hadn't yet provided enough content for me to form a solid, unchanging read.
Okay, so I get it, you didn't have as much to go on this time around. But I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself if you think I'm just gonna tunnel you again.
Problem is, I don't really have anyone else that I feel like having my vote on at the moment. I mean, I'm kinda tempted to vote Steiner but him lurking is generally NAI (compare: KittyTack from 1893).
In post 303, DS wrote:was that a "very wordy post with lots of anyalysis"?
Wordy yes, but based on my read of Watchmen I wanted I now think that volxen writing wallposts is NAI in itself. What matters is how much is actual analysis and how much is fluff.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Post by Egix96 »

*Watchmen I wanted = Watchmen Wanted
ebwop
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:28 am

Post by BuJaber »

Adelbert Steiner has been prodded.

ReaperOfSouls is approaching prod range.
ReaperOfSouls
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:53 am

Post by ReaperOfSouls »

In post 306, BuJaber wrote:
Adelbert Steiner has been prodded.

ReaperOfSouls is approaching prod range.
OCC: Real life is kicking me right now. Work(guys in shop on vacation meaning I'm by myself alot,) games on here, running a game. By the way, is it acceptable to modkill someone just for being a royal pain in the ass? JK I wouldn't do that. :cool:

Now to the game. I apologize for lack of attention to this game. Let me read over the notes while I have a few minutes.
ReaperOfSouls
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:03 am

Post by ReaperOfSouls »

I did ISO's on everyone the other day and virtually got nothing from what is mostly nothing posts. I see players trying to move the game forward but there is alot of nothing. The one thing that stands out is the two naked votes by Adelbert Steiner. That is the direction I feel most comfortable with at the moment.
VOTE: Adelbert Steiner
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Who’s your main Reaper
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ReaperOfSouls
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:08 am

Post by ReaperOfSouls »

In post 309, Gamma Emerald wrote:Who’s your main Reaper
IDU
ReaperOfSouls
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:34 am

Post by ReaperOfSouls »

If you are asking what I think you are and even if you aren't I'll answer it this way. This is my only account on mafiascum. I am still in my first game. Game I'm running isn't on here. I don't enough about how things work here to even let that thought enter into my mind(if that isn't overly obvious.)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay, I thought about that post-saying that
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ReaperOfSouls
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:50 am

Post by ReaperOfSouls »

In post 312, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay, I thought about that post-saying that
Yeah and rereading I thought it best just to state the facts. So there's no misunderstandings.
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:16 am

Well, welcome to Mafiascum, the one website that plays forum mafia that I can actually understand and read.
ReaperOfSouls
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:21 am

Post by ReaperOfSouls »

In post 314, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Well, welcome to Mafiascum, the one website that plays forum mafia that I can actually understand and read.
Glad to be here.
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:34 am

The 2 current theories in my head about Adelbert is he's a newbie who kinda bit off to much he could chew, or an alt that a dude forgot about.

His history isnt much with 11 posts, but even with a hint, I can tell he didn't even try here.

It's a site flaker, maybe, but at that much, he seems like a quiet scum I guess?

Anyway, it'll feel pointless to pressure the slot with nobody there, so either he comes back and I'll vote him if he gives nothing interesting, or wait to pressure the oncoming person replacing into the slot.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:21 am

Post by bristep123 »

Isn't that 4 theories? Overwhelmed Newbie, Forgotten Alt, Site Flaker, quiet scum.

I agree we should wait until Adelbert either contributes or is swapped out.

Volxen is a lot more active on the forum than this game would suggest. I'm happy with my read.

I read through a previous game Almost50 was in and was super active, scum hunting and leading the town for most of the game. Turned out to be Vengeful Scum and won the game. Behaviour this game is wildly different, so for now I'm taking that as a mild town read (unless they are super good and has multiple scum play styles).

Stll need to do the same for others, but that's my 2 pence for now.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:11 am

Post by ofrhz »

Bri, are you going to comment on , esp wrt your Bambi read?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:12 am

Post by ofrhz »

A50 get in here and play the game with me :P
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

I can only lynch one player a day, and I have decided Adelbert should be it.
"Someone" should check Bambietta tonight, just to be sure.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:40 am

Post by bristep123 »

Sure. I have no read either way for Bambi, but because of humorous reason I called them town. I had hoped that would have been apparent but clearly I missed the mark.

The early stuff about painting as scum is pure speculation, based on what I perceived as weak reasoning for the votes against Bambi. Any subsequent reads that I get on the 3 will affect the context or meaning of those early votes.
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:46 pm

In post 320, Almost50 wrote:I can only lynch one player a day, and I have decided Adelbert should be it.
"Someone" should check Bambietta tonight, just to be sure.
... This is a weird bug to place, mister spy. I mean, I know Elsa legitimately abandoned you from this game that you only signed up for to go against her, but I'm an innocent bystander in this situation.
"The whole point of fighting is that you don't want to die! That you'll be killed if you lose! If you throw your life away in battle, where's the point in winning?!!"
- Bambietta Basterbine
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 301, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Actually I'm apart of the Vandenreich, an organization that specifically is meant to destroy humanity by disrupting the balance between the living and the dead. I'm also a Part-Time terrorist with an affinity for turning people into literal bombs for my amusement. You're thinking of Walt Disney's "Bambi" the deer. Easy misunderstanding. I get his mail sometimes.
Innocent indeed! :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:57 pm

5 things we need to change and stat, btw, since you all wanna wait until the Europeans grace us with their presence.

VOTE: The Continent of Europe

1: Dave is someone I'd rather be aggresive because we need someone to not tolerate our shit and get us back on track.
2: My little buddy Giorno I want to have a firm readslist within the next 2 days so i can grill it with you and know your thought process.
3: Bristep's big readslist seem like something I'd do as town, flavorful and all, so ATM he'll be my second town pocket along with Clem.
4: Ofrhz isn't scum with a big talker this game because he's trying to interact with people this time. So I know at the very least who he's not a partner with.
5: Gamma stop being scummy because my current urge to hang goes You, then the Adelbert slot, then [REDACTED].
- Bambietta Basterbine

Return to “Completed Open Games”