Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:41 am

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #1.2:

Vorkuta:
Flicker, muh316 (2)
Flavor Leaf:
Alonzo, 2ndStoryWindow (2)
Bulbazoor:
Vorkuta (1)
muh316:
Guten tag (1)
2ndStoryWindow:
Emperor flippyNips (1)

Not Voting:
Flavor Leaf, Bulbazoor

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

V/LA:
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-11-25 20:20:00)
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Is everyone else asleep? Been a while since I did one of these readlists.

Emperor flippyNips
Vorkuta
2ndStoryWindow
muh316
Guten tag

I am here so far in terms of people I'd be happy with lynching. Guten needs to speak up. 2ndstory, so do you. I want to hear all of what you guys have to say.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:27 am

Post by Alonzo »

I second this, scum marine hunting begins in earnest after I get back from work tomorrow so you better get some content out there quiet folks.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 96, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:I don’t like FL and Vork’s flattery. It feels as though they’re using it to buddy up. For now, my VOTE: Flavour Leaf lands here, primarily because it feels like he’s trying too hard to blend in.
Im trying hard to blend in? Damn. I was trying hard to stand out. Feels bad.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 97, Alonzo wrote:
In post 95, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 93, Alonzo wrote:
:wink: :wink:

There are 3 ways to approach this:
-the mysterious IC will use jedi-mind tricks to manipulate us and win the game as scum (chance of happening- 2/9)
-the wise and illustrious IC will use their infinite wisdom to bless us newbies with insight and town leadership (chance of happening- 7/9)
-the IC doesn't do their duty and lurks/disappears/gets banned (chance of happening- 0 because this is FL :mrgreen: )
I just finished a game where VT flavour claimed to be in a masonry with a scum and town lost, so I mean.. He might get banned..
That was me trying to do that second option. Imagine if it worked out for us there! Haha.

I town gambit every now and then. Bound to fail sometimes.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:39 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 101, Bulbazoor wrote:Is everyone else asleep? Been a while since I did one of these readlists.

Emperor flippyNips
Vorkuta
2ndStoryWindow
muh316
Guten tag

I am here so far in terms of people I'd be happy with lynching. Guten needs to speak up. 2ndstory, so do you. I want to hear all of what you guys have to say.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I think FL and Vork are the scummiest at the moment. This post especially from Vork strikes me as scummy:
In post 60, Vorkuta wrote:I stand by what I wrote. Unfortunately the probability (22%) of randomly catching scum on the first day is more than that (20%) of randomly guessing based on the bandwagon after someone flips green. I like my odds, and bulbasaur is responding quite selfishly and anti-towny. Almost even contrary to the town's win condition....
Why is he trying to get us on the side of "random vote quick guys, we'll get info that way," even after he basically said that,
In post 56, Vorkuta wrote:As town, I would gladly accept the D-1 lynch as a necessary sacrifice and hope town can build a solid case based on any evidence that I've left behind while alive
I used to say things like this as town or scum in my previous days of playing, but that's because I was a bad player. I'm not getting "bad player" vibes from Vork. He seems consistent in his behaviour.

All this said, you may ask why I voted FL instead of Vork. I feel like FL is the safer side to vote on. He's been extremely vocal, and I think we'll get more info from him potentially flipping green than we will if the same thing happens with Vork.

For the rest of the player-pool, I think muh's got my best townread at the moment. His posts feel genuine and he has a balanced mix of speculation to go along with his questions.
Similarly (but also not similar), I do not have a read on Flicker. Most of his posts have been questions, and I acknowledge the fact that he was trying to get conversation started, but still. They just don't seem town or scummy at the moment.

I'm placing a townread on Alonzo for now. More of a gut feeling that could easily change.

Bulbazoor: This one was probably the toughest, but I want to give him a townread. As muh stated, I like how he didn't back down when questioned, and he claims this to be his general playstyle, so I can't give a scumread based off of that.

To the remaining peoples, they have not posted enough for me to get anything off of them. IIRC this includes Emperor flippyNips and Guten tag. Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:42 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 103, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 96, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:I don’t like FL and Vork’s flattery. It feels as though they’re using it to buddy up. For now, my VOTE: Flavour Leaf lands here, primarily because it feels like he’s trying too hard to blend in.
Im trying hard to blend in? Damn. I was trying hard to stand out. Feels bad.
"Trying hard to stand out," yeah, I'll agree with that. But the very essence of you trying to stand out creates a loud voice that otherwise blends in with the crowd. Do you get what I'm saying?

If town accepts you and lets you lead, essentially you've blended in, even with such a loud voice. And it is that very loud voice that you would use to guide the town in the wrong direction and win the game for yourself as scum. That's why, at this moment, I'm perfectly happy placing my vote on you.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Why isn’t that townie? I’m trying to get town to accept me and let me lead. I’m town trying to win this game.

And I’ve stood out to you, Bulbazor, Alonzo, and Vorkuta in some fashion, so your point on me blending in because of that is flawed.

As town, I wanna lead. You’re pushing a reason, calling it scum, even when it’s NAI, or even more likely to make sense coming from a town side.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You also brought up Vorkuta and I being the suspicious ones. I don’t think townies look at us and go “oh, look at how they’re acting, this is Scum vs Scum.” Even if you think it was SvS, it doesn’t come across that way. This looks like to me like you are trying to discredit me early so I don’t take lead and end up town reading actual town.

I had already pointed out I thought Bulba and Vorkuta were town, so this post by you makes me feel like I am correct with those two in that they are town.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m actually excited to see what comes of this, because I have been hard expecting flippyNips to be scum. I know him in real life, I brought him to the site, told him about the things we can’t talk about in person if I’m near him, and I was soul reading him as scum earlier.

If 2ndWindow ends up being scum, I don’t think flippy is scum. I don’t see him making that RVS vote on a partner.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, you said I was the safer vote, while I disagree. Sure, a green flip does in fact help you a lot, and that’s what will happen, but I’d rather be alive right now. A red flip by me would give VERY little info. I’m a master of confusion as scum when I’m going down.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

OMGUS Round Two:

VOTE: 2ndStory

Cuz I prefer 3rd story.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

Haha flavor thinks he knows me, how cute
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Potential ScumFlicker or ScumMuh would benefit greatly from moving to my wagon. Let’s see what happens with them.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

Yes this is my first time playing this game online and I find the dynamic of it to be rather interesting for the moment it’s hard to read anyone as scum for me besides flavor who’s seems to be digging himself into a scummy hole, but my vote remains the same it still is a rvs anyways
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

How is Vorkuta town? I have a hard time reading him since I have a hard time trying to gauge why he'd want to flatter you the way he did in a game.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 114, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Yes this is my first time playing this game online and I find the dynamic of it to be rather interesting for the moment it’s hard to read anyone as scum for me besides flavor who’s seems to be digging himself into a scummy hole, but my vote remains the same it still is a rvs anyways
As scum, I could just not talk, and get away with hiding behind people. The scummy hole I’m in is just me being confrontational.

Elicits the people’s true agenda’s when I go 1v1 with them.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Flicker »

Been working on a little wall post, which I'm gonna break into two for better readability.
In post 86, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 82, Bulbazoor wrote:protown to allow yourself to get lynched as town
For a worthy cause it is. Like if we have a solid and foolproof contingency plan that guarantees us scum the next day for what happens when you flip green.
Solid and foolproof contingency plan, in a mafia game? Seems unlikely.
In post 64, Vorkuta wrote:Say we all collectively randomly picked someone to lynch on D-1. Odds that we hit scum are 2/9 = 22%.
Now let's assume they flip townie, obviously we have to analyze the wagon. I have faith in town (unlike Bulba) and believe that they will not lynch unless there is scum intervention- this is just my interpretation of game theory and what not. There is 1 scum out of 5 people who voted to lynch = 20%.

Simple statistics tells me that without any additional information I'd rather be the one to pick someone at random to lynch, than analyze a wagon that I wasn't on.
In post 95, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 93, Alonzo wrote:
:wink: :wink:

There are 3 ways to approach this:
-the mysterious IC will use jedi-mind tricks to manipulate us and win the game as scum (chance of happening- 2/9)
-the wise and illustrious IC will use their infinite wisdom to bless us newbies with insight and town leadership (chance of happening- 7/9)
-the IC doesn't do their duty and lurks/disappears/gets banned (chance of happening- 0 because this is FL :mrgreen: )
Probability is all well and good, but we're not in a probable chance, we're in an actuality. What little experience I have as scum offsite leads me to side eye your reliance on statistics in these two posts, given that a more theoretical approach is easier to take as scum.
In post 79, muh316 wrote:
Towny

Myself
Flavor Leaf
Alonzo
Flicker

No Read

Guten Tag
Emperor

Scummy

Bulbazoor
Vorkuta
Can you explain your Flavor Leaf and Alonzo reads?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 115, Bulbazoor wrote:How is Vorkuta town? I have a hard time reading him since I have a hard time trying to gauge why he'd want to flatter you the way he did in a game.
He’s playing around too much with the “oh, i could be scum, Flavor, just doing this to pocket you...” but he’s doing it in almost a comical kind of way now, and that’s townie to me. If ScumVorkuta is doing that, that’s pretty next level, not gonna lie.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 101, Bulbazoor wrote:Is everyone else asleep? Been a while since I did one of these readlists.

Emperor flippyNips
Vorkuta
2ndStoryWindow
muh316
Guten tag

Is this list in any particular order?
In post 105, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Similarly (but also not similar), I do not have a read on Flicker. Most of his posts have been questions, and I acknowledge the fact that he was trying to get conversation started, but still. They just don't seem town or scummy at the moment.
*She/her, thanks. :]

---

In terms of a reads list, this is where I am:

Emperor flippyNips - Jury's out for now.
Vorkuta - Scummiest so far. Not a strong scum vibe, but still.
2ndStoryWindow - Town lean for post . I also feel like his vote on Flavour Leaf might be a little IC-related paranioa, which is extremely relatable and more likely to be town IMO.
muh316 - Tentative, somewhat conflicted town lean. Kind of feels like his stances are too safe, like he's trying not to rock the boat or stand out, which feels vaguely scummy. But, I don't know if that's just paranoia because we agree on a lot.
Guten tag - Jury's out for now.
Alonzo - Don't like how he called out/shaded Vorkuta without voting there, but it's one little thing, and from following along with other games Alonzo's been in, he has a style I find hard to read. Null.
Bulbazoor - Towniest so far, for reasons I've already talked about.
Flavor Leaf - The last time I was worried someone was buddying/pocketing me, they turned out to be town. On the other hand, I think a little IC paranoia can be healthy. So, null?

Pedit: Okay, Flavor Leaf can be a scum lean for now. Something about his responses to 2ndStoryWindow feel off.

Pedit2:
Flavor Leaf wrote:Potential ScumFlicker or ScumMuh would benefit greatly from moving to my wagon. Let’s see what happens with them.
Not sure why you said this. You basically just ruined any chance of seeing our actual reactions.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Hell no. You wouldn't get away with not talking. I'd have been the first one on you for that.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 115, Bulbazoor wrote:How is Vorkuta town? I have a hard time reading him since I have a hard time trying to gauge why he'd want to flatter you the way he did in a game.
Also on this note, I’m getting a different side of Vorkuta since I’m the one he’s being said to be trying to pocket, so I understand the difficulty reading him from other people’s perspective.

I also understand why scum would want to push him here, though.

2nd Story looks to discredit me early, then finish either me or Vorkuta off today, and then the other one tomorrow.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 120, Bulbazoor wrote:Hell no. You wouldn't get away with not talking. I'd have been the first one on you for that.
I meant as much as I am. I’m talking a lot, I feel, and I easily could get away with posting like three times a day rather than however much I’m posting.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 116, Flavor Leaf wrote: As scum, I could just not talk, and get away with hiding behind people.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 114, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Yes this is my first time playing this game online and I find the dynamic of it to be rather interesting for the moment it’s hard to read anyone as scum for me besides flavor who’s seems to be digging himself into a scummy hole, but my vote remains the same it still is a rvs anyways
Do you have any town reads? Those can be helpful, too, in terms of process of elimination.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”