armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 7:34 am

Post by armlx »

Yeah, I haven't seen a non-martyr Bodyguard since 2005.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Lowell »

Oh I gotcha. Yeah, I "protected" DGB on N0 and Muerrto last night.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The way this claim has gone down seems really rank.

I wanted to believe Lowell, but he keeps changing his story. First he thinks he is a roleblocker, then a doc, and then he forgets to claim all his night actions, and then doesn't even know that he forgot his N0 result. And then he claims he protected DGB N0.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:46 am

Post by armlx »

Can we get more dead Lowell? We are currently needing 1 lynch every other day to get them all in on pace. 2 weeks != long day.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Erg0 »

Cavebear with a toothache wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:I could see Lowell really being a Bodyguard and hiding the bit where he dies or get culted instead of the person he was protecting.
This is an interesting idea. If I weren't out to get recruiters first, I just might get on the Lowell wagon.
I don't really like this line of thinking. I don't think we're in a position to pick and choose which bad guys to lynch first.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:24 am

Post by armlx »

90% sure Lowell is lying regardless of that.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Erg0 »

Well yeah, that's the other reason I don't like it. I'd almost say it's too obvious, but if Lowell comes up as a cultist then I think Cavebear has a shot at being his buddy.
V/LA most weekends.
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

I don't really like this line of thinking. I don't think we're in a position to pick and choose which bad guys to lynch first.
Of course we are. Why wouldn't we be? Lack of time? I'm pretty confident we could move on to someone else and then move back and lynch Lowell in a single day (IRL day that is) later on.
Erg0 wrote:Well yeah, that's the other reason I don't like it. I'd almost say it's too obvious, but if Lowell comes up as a cultist then I think Cavebear has a shot at being his buddy.
I don't see your reasoning here. I'd defend my buddy, is that it?

Lowell really does look like a cultist, so I'm not opposed to lynching him as such... I'd just rather lynch potential recruiters first. If the wagons run out of steam or we lynch all the recruiters, we can always go back for Lowell.

My reasoning is this: For every recruiter that lives, there's a risk of one more townperson getting recruited, decreasing our numbers by one and increasing their number by one. That's a two person swing for them. If we get the recruiters, they'll be able to kill, but that's still just a one-person swing - and even better, they might kill someone in another cult rather than steal a person from the town!

I just realized that there will only be ten people left tonight, if we use all our lynches, so depending on how many mislynches we do (IE, how many recruitable people we lynch... Although I guess that would have to involve some guessing, if we're unlucky) it might be a good idea to just start lynching anyone cult-looking. Not as much point in trying to find recruiters (over cultists) if they're not going to recruit anyway. I don't think we're there quite yet though.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Erg0 »

What would be the difference between lynching Lowell now and lynching him later in the day?

Also, why do you think he doesn't look like a cult leader?
V/LA most weekends.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Lowell »

armlx wrote:90% sure Lowell is lying regardless of that.
Well you're 90% an idiot, then.

My claim hasn't "changed" or "shifted". I told you both my role name and my role ability. What, exactly, would a more clear claim look like?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by armlx »

You not mucking up what a Bodyguard is, changing abilities, etc.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Macavenger »

I wouldn't count the mucking up what a bodyguard is against him. I see that as a logical name for the role he's describing. Technically, my role name is Prison Warden - I just said jailkeeper because that's the common name for what the ability is. But the minor difference in role name makes what he's claiming relatively believable, at least to me.

That's not to say I think the way he's gone about claiming is flawless, or that the case against him has no merit. I find it believable enough that I don't want to vote him myself. On the other hand, the way he's gone about it makes me not want to try very hard to stop the lynch, beyond explaining my thought process here.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Macavenger wrote:I wouldn't count the mucking up what a bodyguard is against him. I see that as a logical name for the role he's describing. Technically, my role name is Prison Warden - I just said jailkeeper because that's the common name for what the ability is. But the minor difference in role name makes what he's claiming relatively believable, at least to me.
That makes me think about EK's claim of roleblocker.
In a game of Suicidal Dayvigs, Density Cops and Prison Wardens a simple "roleblocker" sounds out of place, doesn't it?
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:That makes me think about EK's claim of roleblocker.
In a game of Suicidal Dayvigs, Density Cops and Prison Wardens a simple "roleblocker" sounds out of place, doesn't it?
Yes, this has occurred to me, and would also call into serious question Andycyca's claim of just tracker.

Such could help explain why we're hitting so many power roles and no scum. There are other possibilities, though. Before I spell out exactly what I'm thinking here, I'd like Lowell and elvis to claim whether you are recruitable. It would help me evaluate the claims. I'll explain exactly why once they've both responded - obviously if one or both are lying scum and know what I'm looking for, they'll tailor their answers.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Lowell »

Macavenger wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:That makes me think about EK's claim of roleblocker.
Yes, this has occurred to me, and would also call into serious question Andycyca's claim of just tracker.

Such could help explain why we're hitting so many power roles and no scum. There are other possibilities, though. Before I spell out exactly what I'm thinking here, I'd like Lowell and elvis to claim whether you are recruitable. It would help me evaluate the claims. I'll explain exactly why once they've both responded - obviously if one or both are lying scum and know what I'm looking for, they'll tailor their answers.
You really want me to claim this?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by armlx »

May as well, you will die anyways.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Unvote

I want to see where this is going.
V/LA most weekends.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Macavenger wrote:Before I spell out exactly what I'm thinking here, I'd like Lowell and elvis to claim whether you are recruitable. It would help me evaluate the claims. I'll explain exactly why once they've both responded - obviously if one or both are lying scum and know what I'm looking for, they'll tailor their answers.
I think I know what you are thinking.
After they claim let me say to see if it's the same idea.
In case it isn't I think you will agree with what I have to say anyway. :P
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm interested/confused whats going on, but w/e.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:18 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Erg0 wrote:What would be the difference between lynching Lowell now and lynching him later in the day?

Also, why do you think he doesn't look like a cult leader?
Later in the day we might not have any better options, or we may have already found recruiters.

Why isn't he a recruiter? Well, I suppose he could be, but he didn't attract any attention from me until today, and I think his claim is somewhat believable - but Dead Rikamaru's idea of him being recruitable appealed to me, and I could see how it could be true. These signs point to him having been recruited.

I support a full Lowell and elvis claim.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Andycyca »

Vote: Elvis

Ok, but we need some pressure before she can claim
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I have already claimed and given all my night actions as soon as I could give them.

Why aren't we lynching Lowell?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Kison »

I back Macavenger's request, because I think I know where this is going. But primarily for Lowell and less for Elvis Knits, though I will not protest her doing so as well. Elvis - they're asking you to claim whether or not you're cult recruitable. Off the top of my head I can't recall if you've done so.

Why Lowell - The way he claimed stunk. Back peddling then forgetting his N0 target? Looks the tap dancing of scum to me.
Dead Rikimaru wrote:In a game of Suicidal Dayvigs, Density Cops and Prison Wardens a simple "roleblocker" sounds out of place, doesn't it?
Well, it's a "Density Cop" because of the elements they target. "Serial Killer" and "Inventory" maintain their traditional role names. I don't find Roleblocker too hard to believe.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:42 am

Post by mneme »

How does it help for -anyone- for people to claim recruitable/nonrecruitable?

Doesn't this just help the scum make recruits that aren't going to bounce? The first few may make the scum more likely to collide -- but the more recruitables we reveal, the -more- likely the scum are to successfully recruit.

Macavenger hasn't claimed, right?

Still not convinced on the Lowell BW -- though it seems like we have a -lot- of protective roles.
Did I say too much?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Kison »

Mnemennenmenem, who recruited you N0?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”