Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5576 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Jingle »

Your pushes have been the driving force. The two big ones I can remember are Firebringer and NR, both over things that have more to do with being bad than being scum.

Your push on NR boils down to she's being inconsistent and erratic with her role. You've done very little (if anything) to explain why that's more likely to be scum than derptown.
Your push on Firebringer is similar, in that it's very surface level. You're clearly aware of his push on mastina, but not enough to realize that it is in fact a policy lynch push. Something that should be immediately obvious to anyone actually trying to read his alignment.

Of course, both of those stances are correct, but you've done very little to show why they're scum because of them. NR IS being weird about her role. Fire IS tunneling mastina. But that's as far as you get. Additionally despite having those stances, you're far from the most vocal proponent of either case (JJH for Nico, Mastina for Fire), so you're unlikely to suffer much blowback should they flip town.

Also, mastina thinks you're scum, I haven't seen a single post by you that makes me feel the townvibes, and I have a fairly quickly dwindling PoE pool.
This is a Parachute.
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5577 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5576, Jingle wrote:Your pushes have been the driving force. The two big ones I can remember are Firebringer and NR, both over things that have more to do with being bad than being scum.

Your push on NR boils down to she's being inconsistent and erratic with her role. You've done very little (if anything) to explain why that's more likely to be scum than derptown.
Your push on Firebringer is similar, in that it's very surface level. You're clearly aware of his push on mastina, but not enough to realize that it is in fact a policy lynch push. Something that should be immediately obvious to anyone actually trying to read his alignment.

Of course, both of those stances are correct, but you've done very little to show why they're scum because of them. NR IS being weird about her role. Fire IS tunneling mastina. But that's as far as you get. Additionally despite having those stances, you're far from the most vocal proponent of either case (JJH for Nico, Mastina for Fire), so you're unlikely to suffer much blowback should they flip town.

Also, mastina thinks you're scum, I haven't seen a single post by you that makes me feel the townvibes, and I have a fairly quickly dwindling PoE pool.
The thing that pushes NR and Firebringer from bad/annoyed town to scum for me. Within the spam of a few days we've seen a scum effectively suicide to try and kill her, one of the people she gladiated flipping town making her role soft-confirmed, and a role cop effectively confirm her role. And despite this, we've seen Nico ramp it up even more to what basically amounts to fearmongering, and Firebringer replace out (although I have a hunch that this is to do with Mastina's role, I think it was Shoshin's entrance that pushed him over the edge, so this isn't as solid, but that's why NR is my top scumread). I feel like by this point someone playing to a town wincon would stop, re-evaluate, and see if it was still worth it or not as opposed to just keep going with what they're currently doing it.

@NR what do you think of Creature's claim on Mastina's flavour?
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5578 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

WHOO CAUGHT UP AGAIN

Creature still town

Jingle ???

can we lynch Martina yet

It should be obvious who I voted
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5579 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Also I’m caught up but didn’t read a Martina post
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5580 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Did jingle ever reveal why he thought he would get mod killed
Im a dog that quacks
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5581 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Jingle »

Is there any specific aspect of their play or is there anything else in particular that makes this scum instead of bad? Do you have any reason to suspect that either of them specifically would be prone to reevaluating?
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5582 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 5580, WhemeStar wrote:Did jingle ever reveal why he thought he would get mod killed
I presumably have information I'm not supposed to have. At this point, I'm nearly 100% sure that I'm not supposed to have been sent said information, because RC hasn't told me that I was supposed to be sent that info. I believe it is most likely that RC is discussing with a listmod how damaging to the game state it is that I have that information, to which the answer is "not very". Still if the game wasn't already impossible to get replacements for, I probably would already have been replaced.

The modkill assumption was that Sky got killed to keep the game going (I think), and it wouldn't be unreasonable as a choice to do the same to me.

Also, I'm assuming that's a you voted mastina claim, Wheme.
This is a Parachute.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5583 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 5577, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5576, Jingle wrote:Your pushes have been the driving force. The two big ones I can remember are Firebringer and NR, both over things that have more to do with being bad than being scum.

The thing that pushes NR and Firebringer from bad/annoyed town to scum for me. Within the spam of a few days we've seen a scum effectively suicide to try and kill her, one of the people she gladiated flipping town making her role soft-confirmed, and a role cop effectively confirm her role. And despite this, we've seen Nico ramp it up even more to what basically amounts to fearmongering, and Firebringer replace out (although I have a hunch that this is to do with Mastina's role, I think it was Shoshin's entrance that pushed him over the edge, so this isn't as solid, but that's why NR is my top scumread). I feel like by this point someone playing to a town wincon would stop, re-evaluate, and see if it was still worth it or not as opposed to just keep going with what they're currently doing it.

Really? You scumread me for being unable to re-evaluate when jingle and jjh refuse to re-evaluate and consider the possibility she could be scum?

Because as much as you think she is town, no one is 100 % town, and yet Jingle and jjh treat her like she is 100% town based on flimsy evidence at best.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5584 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:21 pm

Post by Porkens »

Blah blah blah
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5585 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

Again, my plan specifically has workarounds for the cases in which she's scum.

I know you're going to continue ignoring that, but I feel almost obligated to keep bringing it up at this point.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5586 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Post by Jingle »

HurtCount 4.5:

Ineligible Players:

Adalbert: (0)
Mastina: (4) , , ,

Eligible Players

Nicorobin: (7) , , , Jingle, , ,
Whemestar: (5) , , , Jingle,
Firebringer
: (4) , , , ,
Aristophanes: (3) , ,
jjh927: (3) , ,
Creature: (3) , ,
Shoshin: (3) , Jingle,
Lady Angel: (3) , Jingle,
Nero Cain: (2) , ,
Northsidegal: (2) ,
Gamma Emerald: (2) ,
Jingle: (1)
Vecna: (1)
The MEME Men: (1)
Porkens: (1)
Invisibility
: (1)

With 18 alive, 10 is the proposed Gladiate Threshhold. If you want to reduce or increase the threshold, please indicate as such.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5587 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Post by Jingle »

NR is currently L-3. There is no reason to draw out this day arbitrarily. If you don't support that gladiate and your name isn't mastina, you should weigh in on why. Sooner, rather than later.
This is a Parachute.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5588 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Vecna »

tundunsun
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5589 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5581, Jingle wrote:Is there any specific aspect of their play or is there anything else in particular that makes this scum instead of bad? Do you have any reason to suspect that either of them specifically would be prone to reevaluating?
I haven't played with either of them so until I learn otherwise I expect them to be rational.
In post 5583, NicoRobin wrote:

Really? You scumread me for being unable to re-evaluate when jingle and jjh refuse to re-evaluate and consider the possibility she could be scum?

Because as much as you think she is town, no one is 100 % town, and yet Jingle and jjh treat her like she is 100% town based on flimsy evidence at best.
Because Jingle (possible JJH as well, but I specifically remember Jingle) actually
has
, and has mentioned it to you several times which you seem to have conveniently forgotten because you want people to vote her, not "consider the possibility". And I'd hardly call a cop claim that confirms her role to be one of Loyal or Disloyal (both of which produce clears and can and should be abused by the town considering the town as a whole, including Mastina, agrees that Mastina doesn't live to the endgame), one of her targets flipping town, and scum self-destructing just to try and kill her "flimsy evidence" at this point.

Now, once again: What do you think of Creature's claim on Mastina's flavour?

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5590 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:11 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 5589, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5581, Jingle wrote:Is there any specific aspect of their play or is there anything else in particular that makes this scum instead of bad? Do you have any reason to suspect that either of them specifically would be prone to reevaluating?
I haven't played with either of them so until I learn otherwise I expect them to be rational.

Because Jingle (possible JJH as well, but I specifically remember Jingle) actually
has
, and has mentioned it to you several times which you seem to have conveniently forgotten because you want people to vote her, not "consider the possibility". And I'd hardly call a cop claim that confirms her role to be one of Loyal or Disloyal (both of which produce clears and can and should be abused by the town considering the town as a whole, including Mastina, agrees that Mastina doesn't live to the endgame), one of her targets flipping town, and scum self-destructing just to try and kill her "flimsy evidence" at this point.

You townread both, and there is no evidence of jjh considering that possibility, so your whole point is bs.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5591 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:39 am

Post by jjh927 »

As a point of public information I have considered the possibility of Mastina being scum. However, as with many things I consider, this was processed very quickly and determined not to be worth thinking about. I acknowledge that Mastina could still be scum, but there is no point in lynching there when she has basically just been confirmed to have been either loyal or disloyal- ie she has played her role straight and the objectively correct play is to leash her. However, this of course reinforces a number of the reasons I was hard townreading her anyway. I could almost certainly dig up at least one post from myself showing I have at least considered scum!Mastina, though it is not a stance I have ever held, nor is it really worth doing so.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5592 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

acknowledging several replacements.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5593 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:04 am

Post by NicoRobin »

has

And furthermore, when exactly do you plan to lynch her? You say you won't let her live until the endgame, but your actions say otherwise.
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5594 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5590, NicoRobin wrote:

has

You townread both, and there is no evidence of jjh considering that possibility, so your whole point is bs.
Really? The thing I very specifically stated I wasn't 100% sure on wasn't acknowledged in thread so my entire point is moot because of it? That's your defence? And am I not allowed to comment on players I townread on?

And what do you think of Creature's claim on Mastina's flavour?

In post 5593, NicoRobin wrote:

has

And furthermore, when exactly do you plan to lynch her? You say you won't let her live until the endgame, but your actions say otherwise.
In case you haven't noticed yet, there's 18 players left in the game and at absolute most 5 scum left. We're nowhere near lylo, and as long as we lynch her before then, we're fine. That does not mean right now, since there's still very valid use of the role left.

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5595 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:50 am

Post by NicoRobin »

No. You either lynch her now, or she'll talk her way out of it when/if you do decide she needs to go. Trust me on this.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5596 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Mastina caught lying by her role by spewed town and no one cares lmaooooo
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5597 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 5596, WhemeStar wrote:Mastina caught lying bout her role by spewed town and no one cares lmaooooo
Fixed
Im a dog that quacks
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5598 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by jjh927 »

She has actually been caught telling the truth
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5599 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5595, NicoRobin wrote:No. You either lynch her now, or she'll talk her way out of it when/if you do decide she needs to go. Trust me on this.
No, she's already admitted as early as day 1 that she knew she wouldn't survive to the endgame with this role, and that it had to happen to confirm her targets. You're blatantly fearmongering because you know her role is insane if it's town, and you aren't town.

What do you think of Creature's cop claim on Mastina? I should not have to have asked this five times in five posts you've directly quoted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”