Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

- ofrhz' vote on Bam is a good one
- Gamma's vote is alright
- Clemency's vote is bad

All above is gut

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 368, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Townread: Davesaz
Townlean: Volxen, Clemency, Egix96
Baby townlean: Sleepless Assassin, Bristep123
Neutral: Almost50, ReaperofSouls
Baby Scumlean (deal with later): DS Adelbert Steiner
Scumleans: Ofrhz, Gamma Emerald.
This is a gross read list, but I'll accept your vote with me on Adelbert for retribution.

Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Bambietta Basterbine »

If it's about your placement I was waiting for you to stop memeing around before I seriously evaluated you.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 374, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:I can't garunteed the second one, but I guess the first one is doable.
Shut up and let me lead. Whether or not you're scum you know I am dying tonight anyway, so just vote Adelbert for now. Or are you already voting there? (I keep forgetting how VCs look like in my various games)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 377, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:If it's about your placement I was waiting for you to stop memeing around before I seriously evaluated you.
No, it' a bout you scum leans. The last line. ofrhz and Gamma

Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:04 am

1: Currently voting the Continent of Europe, so my vote isn't there.

2: What do you even see to townread Ofrhz, much less Gamma?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

DjeeYouTea

Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:18 am

In post 381, Almost50 wrote:DjeeYouTea
... Should I know what this even means
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

G U T. Can't you even read??

Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Clemency »

i agree, clemency's vote feels like blatant sheeping and it's sort of uncanny after his earlier exchanges in the game with bambi
not to mention the wording around it is strange, like he's feigning reluctance
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:42 am

Post by volxen »

In post 297, ofrhz wrote:
In post 296, volxen wrote: You were voting for Egix before you voted for me. What are your thoughts on Egix currently?
Leaning town - Egix reading your last scumgame is a little more likely to come from town than scum imo

Read on bristep?
Bristep seems scummy so far. His reads are questionable and look like they could have been made up. For example:
In post 256, bristep123 wrote:Ok, 9 pages to catch up on.

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum
, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon. DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
In post 265, bristep123 wrote:
Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 256, bristep123 wrote:Ok, 9 pages to catch up on.

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon. DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
Is this you scumreading DS and volx? Pretty sure it is, but I want to know for sure.
Can't say it's from a place of experience (or skill!) but it's an attempt to. Like I said, maybe I'm seeing something in nothing, but it's certainly piqued my interest.
In these two posts, he claims to be scumreading me and DS because he didn't like either of our votes for Bambi, and because he thinks there is a “movement to paint Bambi as scum”.
In post 278, bristep123 wrote:Ok, so initial reads.

Volxen - Veering scum, still not keen on the reasoning against Bambi it's a 13 person game, a 4 player wagon isn't the worst thing in the world at this early stage. A bit of fence sitting 'unable to form strong reads' but claimed almost50 as somewhat towny without any reasoning.

Sleepless Assassin - Veering town at this early stage, votes have been thrown out in various direction so there's some confidence and attempts at investigation.

Reaper of Souls - Is he fence-sitting or just very unsure of himself? I'm not sure, couple of names thrown out but no strong opinions put out there yet. Neutral veering scum, thought the removal of the RVS was weird when he had no reads to follow it up with.

ofrhz - right now town, quite fast and loose with posts but doing some good pressing/probing. If I'm wrong there then he's a confident scum player to play that way.

Gamma Emerald - neutral right now, nothing there screams scum but is questioning others but not really offering much substance right now

Egix96 - town, questioning reads and also picked up on Reaper's removal of his random first vote.

DS - No strong read on them at this point. Did feel the Bambi vote was a little weak but could just be a bad read or all they've got to go on right now.

davesaz - No read yet, not much of substance at this point.

Clemency - 63 posts since game start and absolutely zero substance. Too much white noise to be scum, so for now I say town.

Bambi - All over the place, I don't know where to start. Quoted Johnny Johnny, so as a parent of 2 young children that's enough to sway me for now. Town.

Almost50 - veering scum right now, but not strong. Again another that pointed at Bambi for voting for him, but since the vote was for him it doesn't read as much as the others who highlighted it. Also some posts I can't tell if are serious so that could be deliberate.

Adelbert - Has posted twice, both times a vote with no reasoning. Isn't participating in the game, votes without reasons can be early and random but also might be scum trying to hide (and might have done so in a busier game).

Had a real long play gap as I mentioned before, so I know the history/play style of nobody, just got instinct at this point.

So,
Unvote Sleepless Assassin
Vote Volxen
And then here he claims to have no read on DS.

Beyond that, he seems to be giving Egix an easy townread. And if he is so concerned that there is a “movement to paint Bambi as scum”, then why is he so quick to give Egix a free pass and townread him? Egix after all was the first person to criticize Bambi for PR speculation, and he has mentioned that he thinks Bambi could be scum. Egix never voted for Bambi, but it still doesn’t make sense that Bristep is not scrutinizing Egix’s slot more critically, given what he claims to believe about Bambi. And I have no idea why he thinks Egix deserves town credit for pointing out the fact that Reaper removed his RVS vote.

He also seems to be scumreading Almost50 for next to no reason. Here, the only thing he really brought up about him is the fact that he doesn’t like that Almost50 called out Bambi for voting for him. If Almost50 is in fact town, then I don’t see what the problem is with him calling out someone on his wagon that he suspects might be scum.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:46 am

Post by volxen »

In post 368, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Let me look at the 5 people who have their votes on me real quick... In alphabetical order.

Clemency: I forgive you, my child.

DS: Not much of an actual impression, voted me off a tone read (which usually happens) and has been on and off. Will grill them later into day 2 though.

Gamma: with what I said before, and no actual town content, plus voting me twice means you know what I think about you.

Ofrhz: Being scummy and going for the juicy Bambi butt. Says they jumped off of Volxen for other reasons, but probably only because it lost steam and he needs a lynch target.

Volxen: atleast with him, even if I know he's wrong, he actually gave a decent reason to vote me and stuck to his thoughts.
I scumread him for it
but reflections point to him being town.

Townread: Davesaz
Townlean: Volxen
, Clemency, Egix96
Baby townlean: Sleepless Assassin, Bristep123
Neutral: Almost50, ReaperofSouls
Baby Scumlean (deal with later): DS Adelbert Steiner
Scumleans: Ofrhz, Gamma Emerald.

Pedit: I remembered your strong reaction on day 4 mainly. That's what stuck with me the past year. I'd have to reread it to see what you mean about the buddy thing.
So I am simultaneously a scumread and a townlean for you? That doesn't make any sense.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

"Scumread" as in the past tense of "read". Formerly scumread you.

English is stupid.
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:53 am

In post 387, Elsa Jay wrote:"Scumread" as in the past tense of "read". Formerly scumread you.

English is stupid.
Fuck outta here Elsa I can explain myself.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Clemency »

top 10 unexpected cameos
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Clemency »

also english is pretty stupid, but so are 99% of languages
please engage me in a linguistics discussion i will go on for hours
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:02 am

Damn Elsa trying to get herself banned by appearing in a game she isn't in. She'll get me banned too.

Thought Jay would put a leash on that thot, but apparently not.
"The whole point of fighting is that you don't want to die! That you'll be killed if you lose! If you throw your life away in battle, where's the point in winning?!!"
- Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:10 am

In post 390, Clemency wrote:also english is pretty stupid, but so are 99% of languages
please engage me in a linguistics discussion i will go on for hours
How about we actually solve the game first. You only got 24 hours left for your homework btw.

(expired on 2018-11-18 18:10:37)
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Clemency »

i'll have it done

in the last 5 minutes
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:13 am

You'll get a free pass if you unvote me and promise to be a good boy and never do it again this game.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Clemency »

i'm afraid that goes against my principles
from my perspective you're the scummiest player in the game atm
doesn't mean you're automatically scum but you understand me
i'll get my homework done
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:25 am

Damn. Thought that would work. Mission Failed: We'll get'em next time.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:43 am

Post by bristep123 »

Re post 385 from Volxen - I won't quote it because it's massive; there's some real nitpicking and skewing going on here. I said that the initial voting of he and DS made me think there might be a paint of Bambi as scum, key word is *think*. I didn't drop a vote on either, and admitted it only piqued my interest. I mean content is bloody light here so that was literally all I had picked up on at that point. My read on DS later on was based on a read of the ISO and it didn't really give me much more than what I initially thought (I even said as much in my read, where I said I still thought the vote was weak but in isolation I have nothing to give it context), whereas with Volxen I saw more (and again, I went into that in the post that he quoted). Volxen is taking bits out of my post to support his agenda, and ignoring the parts that contradict or negate his argument.

It's also interesting that I said I didn't like Volxen's reasons for his read on Almost50 which contributed to my subsequent read on him, and then he uses the exact same reasoning in his read of me while marking me as scum for doing so.

The follow up post about Bambi's post is further evidence (to me) that he's looking at any post putting him in a negative light for anything he can nitpick at and skew/twist. To the detriment of actually reading the posts properly and actually understanding them fully before commenting.

Regarding Egix - I gave reasons for my read, and their speculation on Bambi was more reasonable than Volxen and DS's. Again, I have no read on Bambi and I've covered this before; I didn't vote for DS or Volxen on that first post because there was no context to weigh up what I had seen. Also - I said on Reaper's read that I thought his vote removal was weird, so hence I gave Egix credit for picking it up.

My vote is staying right where it is.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Volx wrote:You were voting for Egix before you voted for me. What are your thoughts on Egix currently?
Hmm. This stood out to me. It just feels off. I think it's coming off in my head as "What can I do to make you vote someone other than me?".
DS wrote:was that a "very wordy post with lots of anyalysis"?
Ironically, I feel like Volx was going for that impression. It feels like he's trying to match what has been linked to a possible town meta for him.
Egix wrote:Wordy yes, but based on my read of Watchmen I wanted I now think that volxen writing wallposts is NAI in itself. What matters is how much is actual analysis and how much is fluff.
Thoughts on 302?
Bambi wrote:My little buddy Giorno I want to have a firm readslist within the next 2 days so i can grill it with you and know your thought process.
Who?
Bambi wrote:A good defense is ignore all that shit and stay on the offensive. Acknowleging it's scummy is be definition a form of guilt.
That feels too...is calculated the word I'm looking for? It's like you want people to forget they scum read you rather than address their concerns and show you are town through that process. The second way is harder to fake as scum. I dunno. It's hard to put into words but it really rubs me the wrong way.

I know I'm close to done and hate to leave this unfinished but I'm gonna have to wait until the kids are in bed. It's hard to read and think critically while dealing with crying and screaming going on.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Clemency »

i'm giorno
refer to my profile pic

Return to “Completed Open Games”