Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5650 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

It may seem bad form but I can adhere to lynching the dead slots to keep the game going. I myself would have replaced out long ago if not for the difficulties in finding replacements.

I do better once the playerlist is culled anyway, and we're probably sitting alright with like, what, 2 scum dead already?

I wouldn't be remiss if the game were called, but that's selfish. We have a good chance of bagging this game, especially with what seems like another slam dunk scum lynch on the way! But only if the game continues!

I was sheeping FB, so, VOTE: Invisi
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5651 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why does sheeting them mean you won’t vote to kill them off
What did fire do that was soooooo towny?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5652 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5643, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5642, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5631, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5628, Vecna wrote:I think you missed a bunch of creature's recent posts?
the whole "Creature is posting so Creature is town" is stale old meta. Do you mean his "guilty" on Mastina?
His result on mastina more or less confirmed her role, actually.
Spell mastina’s flavor. I’ll wait,
Ginngie, Guilty Faker
Ginngie, False Detective
Ginngie, Town Misfaker
Ginngie, Town Challenger

That wasn't hard. The only reason people are even questioning it is because "Ginngie" doesn't have an a in it and mastina didn't claim full flavour.

For what it's worth, my role follows an "___, x of y" format and it seems like variations on that are the norm in this game.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5653 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 5651, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why does sheeting them mean you won’t vote to kill them off
What did fire do that was soooooo towny?
I'll vote them too is needed, but I townread the slot, whereas I have no read on Invisi. It only makes sense to vote the one first!

It's nothing they've done specifically, but a general playstyle read! :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5654 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ok
Also I indicated I realized how that works LA
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5655 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5370, jjh927 wrote:That said I don't think Mastina is the kind of player that would lie about flavour when it's one of those things in uPicks that can be very easily discovered as a lie and also RC's gladiate flavour has been "A guilty has been declared" so I would like you to do a common sense check before we even get off the ground here
Also if you check my history in uPicks which have freeform in what's available to pick.
In 100% of them.
The entirety of my picks have been scummers on-site, without fail.
I never submit a non-scummer for an anything uPick.

Because pathetic as that implication may be, mafiascum really is what I think of most.
In post 5404, Lady Angel wrote:On another note, VOTE: NicoRobin
This is easily the scummiest slot in the game.
Sure is!
Scummiest != scum tho and I happen to know better than that.
In post 5405, Shoshin wrote:I've got Creature, Porkens, jjh, and Jingle as town so far.
In post 5412, Shoshin wrote:He replaced random? I had random as town in the early game.
In post 5413, Shoshin wrote:Yeah, just checked my notes. Random's town, so Aristophanes is as well.
As if I needed any more proof proof you are town.
In post 5420, Shoshin wrote:Lady, why townread Nero? Why scumread Nico?
Nero's town due to this being his towngame. I realize you're a replacement so you've only seen the drop in Nero's posting habits, rather than witnessing them the whole game, but take my word for it or take the time to iso him, whichever you prefer; when doing so, you'll realize this has been his towngame through and through.

Nico, good question. Because this is
also
her towngame through and through.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5656 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5478, jjh927 wrote:But I'll reexamine her on her own BoP if it's confirmed I'm right
Uh, my own BoP says I'm a terrible player, objectively mediocre-at-best: situationally useful, nigh-OP gamebreaking solving the scumteam when given the right circumstances; when not given said circumstances, doing dismally and being lucky to catch so much as a single scum. (This is admittedly one of the main reasons I defend NicoRobin; I see a lot of myself in her, particularly those traits.) What gave you the impression that I'm a good player? I certainly never said as much. (Heck I've been wrong provably 2/3 times thusfar.)
In post 5490, THE MEME MEN wrote:now declare a guilty on someone please
The rules don't change for any reason, not even town faking a guilty on me. Just because I know it's faked doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to automatically assume it must come from scum; sadly, I know all too good and well that's not the case. Creature is town. Just...really, really stupid town.
In post 5430, jjh927 wrote:Oh you've been doing the hurtcounts again
Right.
HURT: Lady Angel, Invisibility, WhemeStar.
With my vote remaining on FireBringer.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5657 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 5650, Aristophanes wrote:It may seem bad form but I can adhere to lynching the dead slots to keep the game going. I myself would have replaced out long ago if not for the difficulties in finding replacements.

I do better once the playerlist is culled anyway, and we're probably sitting alright with like, what, 2 scum dead already?

I wouldn't be remiss if the game were called, but that's selfish. We have a good chance of bagging this game, especially with what seems like another slam dunk scum lynch on the way! But only if the game continues!

I was sheeping FB, so, VOTE: Invisi
If FB and Invis replaced out because they're scum who don't think scum has a shot at winning anymore, then why bother playing the game to an inevitable conclusion?

If RC as the most informed party thinks calling it is the right call, I'm fine with taking him at his word.

To be clear, I will stick around if the game continues, I just don't see a reason to continue the game if we're just going to lynch based on the assumption that it's mechanically broken without using the presumed mechanical brokenness.
This is a Parachute.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5658 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5515, Gamma Emerald wrote:This is disgusting btw. It completely dodges the point
Nope!

It directly addressed the point.

Read it again.

I was directly countering what they said because I was pointing out that what
they
want is not a good thing and never will be; what
I
prefer is something that has some actual real backing behind it.
In post 5524, Vecna wrote:So, then INSTA-GLADIATE creature, if he's confirmed to be lying to you?

We dont need a democratic process if you know he's lying. Your role gives you that power. Fuck what we agreed before, people have changed their mind and appreciate some speed.
This would be fine logic if confirmed liar = confirmed scum.
Unfortunately, it does not.
I am not a moron.
I know Creature's result is inaccurate, but I also know that Creature in spite of claiming an inaccurate result is town. Thus, the rule remains in place; I will not impulse gladiate someone who I believe is town. That'd be the absolute worst possible usage of my role.
In post 5536, Creature wrote:wtf, thought after comma wouldn't count
Neither did I; I was under the impression that Ginngie was my flavor role title (with hated loyal gladiator being my role title), and that the text following it was purely flavor.

If it makes a difference tho, the text following is "Claimer of Guilties".
In post 5522, Vecna wrote:
In post 5488, Firebringer wrote:this game has some of the worst mechanics i have ever seen in a mafia game.
like next to undertale mafia actually where there was zero scum.
Can we please just insta-gladiate this slot? How is this not a scum-claim fed up with Mastina's role? Just like the varsoon anger.
Really, we do not need to have this dragged out much longer, do we?
I'd be all too happy to, but the rules never change, not even when I want them to.

Yes, as the gladiator, I hold the power to make the change if I so wish, but that is not a decision I will ever make, and my reasoning remains the same. I do not believe in taking the fate of the game into the hands of a player who is, provably, sub-optimal in performance overall, especially in such dictatorial roles.

I am advocating for a Firebringer gladiate tho and would encourage you to do the same. Get the votes/hurts in there and I would happily do so in a heartbeat.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5659 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5635, Vecna wrote:
In post 5631, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5628, Vecna wrote:I think you missed a bunch of creature's recent posts?
the whole "Creature is posting so Creature is town" is stale old meta. Do you mean his "guilty" on Mastina?
No I mean the part that came after the guilty, namely him realizing it wasnt actually a guilty, but more likely a confirmation that Mastina is telling the truth. Strange you'd miss that
ok, this means what exactly?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5660 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5615, Vecna wrote:just a generic question for due dilligence for those who have played with a scum mastina before. is she even remotely capable of coming up with plans like the varsoon charade to make her look super good, and then have a scum creature pretend to have this role and make this claim in the way he did?
General rule of thumb for scumastina, anything is
possible
to be scumastina, because she's
capable
of coming up with any plan, it's just more a matter of whether she would. Judgement beyond that is best left to others as to avoid self-meta bias tho I obviously know the answer. :P
(It's no; I
could
think of something like that but pragmatically never would.)
In post 5609, Vecna wrote:scum probably complaining like mad about op role design, while it shouldve been super obv who was keeping mastina alive.
Indeed.
In post 5603, Nero Cain wrote:mass scum exodus.
Probably!
In post 5608, Vecna wrote:lets speedlynch the guys that need replacing? fb is scum regardless.
I support this product and/or service. :cool:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5661 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5658, mastina wrote:
In post 5515, Gamma Emerald wrote:This is disgusting btw. It completely dodges the point
Nope!

It directly addressed the point.

Read it again.

I was directly countering what they said because I was pointing out that what
they
want is not a good thing and never will be; what
I
prefer is something that has some actual real backing behind it.
Maybe so but it’s subversive in a way akin to a strawman. You’re not arguing directly, you’re arguing using gif analysis.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5662 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5658, mastina wrote:
In post 5524, Vecna wrote:So, then INSTA-GLADIATE creature, if he's confirmed to be lying to you?

We dont need a democratic process if you know he's lying. Your role gives you that power. Fuck what we agreed before, people have changed their mind and appreciate some speed.
This would be fine logic if confirmed liar = confirmed scum.
Unfortunately, it does not.
I am not a moron.
I know Creature's result is inaccurate, but I also know that Creature in spite of claiming an inaccurate result is town. Thus, the rule remains in place; I will not impulse gladiate someone who I believe is town. That'd be the absolute worst possible usage of my role.
Also are you denying the fact there is 1 A in your flavor?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5663 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Nevermind
Your reading in order messed me up as I wasn’t aware that came later
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5664 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: fire
Let’s do this
<Embrace The Void>

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5665 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

you think lady angel is scum? i feel like she's pretty towny looking at her latest posts, but maybe i just don't know how she would play it as scum.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5666 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5660, mastina wrote:General rule of thumb for scumastina, anything is possible to be scumastina,
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5667 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Vote doesn’t move unless you actually promise to stay until game ends or you have to leave for irl reasons
<Embrace The Void>

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5668 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

RC said the game is cancelled.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5669 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

RC said it was cancelled if replacements were not found. You posting means you could return.
<Embrace The Void>

Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5670 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

HURT: NicoRobin, Firebringer, Invisibility

Mastina's role is basically confirmed at this point, so I'm pretty willing to go on with her plan, although I'm very adamant about lynching/gladiating Nico, meta or not. In fact, the only other game I've played with Nico, she replaced herself out day 1 for being (correctly) read as scum for something she considers her town trait, so she's at least somewhat capable of meta manipulation. I don't expect Mastina to do it, but we can still lynch and force her to gladiate someone or let Nico be lynched, so I'm keeping my vote there.

Killing inactives to keep the game alive is fine by me, too.

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5671 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 5670, Lady Angel wrote:HURT: NicoRobin, Firebringer, Invisibility

Mastina's role is basically confirmed at this point, so I'm pretty willing to go on with her plan, although I'm very adamant about lynching/gladiating Nico, meta or not. In fact, the only other game I've played with Nico, she replaced herself out day 1 for being (correctly) read as scum for something she considers her town trait, so she's at least somewhat capable of meta manipulation. I don't expect Mastina to do it, but we can still lynch and force her to gladiate someone or let Nico be lynched, so I'm keeping my vote there.

Killing inactives to keep the game alive is fine by me, too.
Are you willing to apologize to me in this thread when she flips scum?
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5672 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

Also, for someone who thinks mastina is town, you sure don't put much stock in her reads either, despite the fact she is better at reading people than most of us, as either alignment.
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5673 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5672, NicoRobin wrote:Also, for someone who thinks mastina is town, you sure don't put much stock in her reads either, despite the fact she is better at reading people than most of us, as either alignment.
You
just
quoted a post where I said I was willing to trust Mastina's plan, which also includes trusting her reads.

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5674 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 5673, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5672, NicoRobin wrote:Also, for someone who thinks mastina is town, you sure don't put much stock in her reads either, despite the fact she is better at reading people than most of us, as either alignment.
You
just
quoted a post where I said I was willing to trust Mastina's plan, which also includes trusting her reads.
You don't. You still scumread me, despite the fact that she townreads me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”