Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5674, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 5673, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5672, NicoRobin wrote:Also, for someone who thinks mastina is town, you sure don't put much stock in her reads either, despite the fact she is better at reading people than most of us, as either alignment.
You
just
quoted a post where I said I was willing to trust Mastina's plan, which also includes trusting her reads.
You don't. You still scumread me, despite the fact that she townreads me.
There's a difference between trusting someone's reads and outright sheeping? Nobody in this game has the exact same reads as another player, I'm pretty sure, and that's generally how the game of mafia works. If we all just followed one player without discussion and that player isn't 100% accurate, then we're screwed. Good, well-thought out and well-argued discussion (which, incidentally, I don't think I'm that good at and am mostly playing to improve upon) and differing opinions are important to the game as town.

Of course, you're only twisting it this way because you want to get suspicion off you and onto me or you want me to say you're town and lay off, which comes from a completely different motive entirely.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 5675, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5672, NicoRobin wrote:Also, for someone who thinks mastina is town, you sure don't put much stock in her reads either, despite the fact she is better at reading people than most of us, as either alignment.
You
just
quoted a post where I said I was willing to trust Mastina's plan, which also includes trusting her reads.
There's a difference between trusting someone's reads and outright sheeping? Nobody in this game has the exact same reads as another player, I'm pretty sure, and that's generally how the game of mafia works. If we all just followed one player without discussion and that player isn't 100% accurate, then we're screwed. Good, well-thought out and well-argued discussion (which, incidentally, I don't think I'm that good at and am mostly playing to improve upon) and differing opinions are important to the game as town.

Of course, you're only twisting it this way because you want to get suspicion off you and onto me or you want me to say you're town and lay off, which comes from a completely different motive entirely.
Read Steven Universe 2, a game where different opinions caused us to lose, and the reason I think sheeeping is better. Read what happened at in the end of that game, and then come here and tell me sheeping shouldn't be done.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5677 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:21 am

Post by Shoshin »

I agree on lynching Fire.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5678 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:27 am

Post by jjh927 »

Can you revisit that tomorrow? Today would be a pretty bad day to lynch Fire
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5679 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:35 am

Post by Vecna »

Why is that JJH?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5680 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Vecna »

Also, still would be interested in Creature's other results. Just getting/sharing one on Mastina seems....insufficient.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #5681 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:38 am

Post by Creature »

In post 5680, Vecna wrote:Also, still would be interested in Creature's other results. Just getting/sharing one on Mastina seems....insufficient.
It would involve hinting other players' roles.
Sigh
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5682 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:01 am

Post by Vecna »

The way the naming and all that works, I strongly doubt it. It does help us figure out whether you were bullshitting or not though.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5683 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Vecna »

(also, im just completely fine with modkilling whoever replaces out at this point, instead of calling the game).
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5676, NicoRobin wrote:
You
just

Read Steven Universe 2, a game where different opinions caused us to lose, and the reason I think sheeeping is better. Read what happened at in the end of that game, and then come here and tell me sheeping shouldn't be done.
1) Who are you sheeping in this game, then?

2) Why do you want me to sheep the person who you've been calling scum for the past two days, outside of the fact that she isn't voting for you?

Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5685 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5683, Vecna wrote:(also, im just completely fine with modkilling whoever replaces out at this point, instead of calling the game).
I'd agree with this solution over calling off the game.

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5686 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:00 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 5684, Lady Angel wrote:
You
just

2) Why do you want me to sheep the person who you've been calling scum for the past two days, outside of the fact that she isn't voting for you?
1. Firebringer, apparently, although it's actually the other way around.
2. To prove a point that you would rather see her endgame the town than lynch her. :c
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5687 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Aristophanes »

V/LA again for a couple weeks.

I literally can't right now.

I'll pop in when I can, but that won't be often.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5688 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5679, Vecna wrote:Why is that JJH?
i second this question.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #5689 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Creature »

I don't know what to do now
Sigh
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5690 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:41 am

Post by jjh927 »

Not expanding on that
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5691 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 5687, Aristophanes wrote:
V/LA again for a couple weeks.

I literally can't right now.

I'll pop in when I can, but that won't be often.

Scum
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5692 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 5686, NicoRobin wrote:
You
just

2. To prove a point that you would rather see her endgame the town than lynch her. :c
1. Funny, your only interactions with Firebringer in either of your two ISOs are you two arguing over wether or not you can play well, right down to you trying to "vote him out of the game for your own sanity". Firebringer has mentioned you three times. If you think he's sheeping you because he also wants to kill Mastina then I really don't know what to say.

2 is so hilariously, transparently anti-town that I'm not even going to bother.

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5693 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:35 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 5692, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5686, NicoRobin wrote:
You
just

1. Funny, your only interactions with Firebringer in either of your two ISOs are you two arguing over wether or not you can play well, right down to you trying to "vote him out of the game for your own sanity". Firebringer has mentioned you three times. If you think he's sheeping you because he also wants to kill Mastina then I really don't know what to say.

2 is so hilariously, transparently anti-town that I'm not even going to bother.
He stole the credit for something I started long before he was even in this game, and I am not gonna let him get away with that.

Also, anti-town doesn't always mean scum. Again, read Steven Universe 2. Majority of people - myself included - scumread farside, who ended up being town. mastina was also there, and she can tell you more about that.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5694 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Firebringer »

lol stole credit
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5695 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5677, Shoshin wrote:I agree on lynching Fire.
unfriended.

actually i don't care.
refriended.

i don't know when we became friends but we just went through a really weird time.
i am glad we made it through this shoshin.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5696 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5657, Jingle wrote:If FB and Invis replaced out because they're scum who don't think scum has a shot at winning anymore, then why bother playing the game to an inevitable conclusion?
agreed me and inviz are last scum.

radiant should call the game because we conceded in scum chat.
Show

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5697 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

LYNCH LYNCH WHY ARENT WE LYNCHING
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5698 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Porkens »

wtf is this gtame doing? why has it ground to a halt?

lets form a lynch mob
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5699 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5696, Firebringer wrote:radiant should call the game because we conceded in scum chat.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”