Micro 831: Great Idea Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Rob14 »

Simeon has been prodded. Since this is a third prod, I am immediately seeking replacement. He can reclaim his slot by posting here before I find one.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:59 am

Post by davesaz »

Hmm, I was kinda hoping the answer on multiple actions would be no. Though yes was the expected answer TBH.
That means nobody is mechanically clear.
I could climb up on a pedestal and say I'm actually trying to solve and so I should be obv, but y'all
should
see that anyway.
Micc is a little sketch for trying to use my votes as evidence. VCA is pretty useless in a setup that's more likely to be MB than not.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 351, davesaz wrote:I could climb up on a pedestal and say I'm actually trying to solve and so I should be obv, but y'all should see that anyway.Micc is a little sketch for trying to use my votes as evidence. VCA is pretty useless in a setup that's more likely to be MB than not.
Are you really trying to solve tho?

You've made votes and you've said you think I'm scum here but you haven't put any reasoning down for any of it. You called me sketch for giving my opinion and presenting things that happened as evidence. You misrepresent my evidence as being VCA when that's not what it is. You ignored my attempts to engage regarding kittenlicks during day 2 and you again decided not to engage me about why my blundered night action makes me scum.

I feel like I'm the one trying to engage and solve here not any of you. Kind of crazy to think considering I've been regretfully mia for big stretches of this game.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Bicephalous Bob has been prodded. Since this is a third prod, I am immediately seeking replacement. He can reclaim his slot by posting here before I find one.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Bulbazoor replaces Simeon.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

Well, I wasn't exactly sure what exactly I was going to replace into. But I am here now. I will be catching up probably tomorrow. But if I can today, I will give my thoughts on the current state of the game.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 352, Micc wrote:You ignored my attempts to engage regarding kittenlicks during day 2
Umm, I'm fairly certain we had a conversation. You may not have been satisfied with it, and it's true that I didn't reply back to your last post on the subject, but I don't think it's fair to refer to it as not engaging. I also asked KittenLicks some things, and was satisfied with the answers. The point of that whole sequence was to challenge what seemed to be townreads both from and to her which were too easy.

I have the same problem with your night actions, in particular N2, as I had generally with Maru. I feel like a town role would know 100% what they should do with it. Or at least not do something 100% wrong. Especially after you had pointed out to KittenLicks that Simeon's role was 50/50 town or mafia -- if your role is what you claimed, it's hard to believe that you could point out the percentages to someone else and then forget them within a couple RL days (going by memory on that). There are plausible reasons you might have ignored the percentages and made that same play anyway, but you don't raise them as a defense.

It's pretty weak. Everything this game is weak. Dinner is ready so I need to stop typing.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Micc »

Spoiler:
In post 293, davesaz wrote:
In post 242, Micc wrote:
In post 240, davesaz wrote:I'm leaning toward KittenLicks reaction to the lynch being a possible partner.
I have to get up early in the morning and can't do much except run the workshop all day, so hoping to see some discussion on this by the time I'm back.
I had this thought briefly but KittenLicks being unsure of supersaint mechanics lead me away from it. If your partner is a supersaint you probably look that up before he’s claiming in the game thread and it would be an impressively wierd thing to fake. Similarly investigating the universal Miller is not an interaction that I think a scum player thinks of. I’m leaning pretty strongly towards town on KittenLicks right now.
Might a scum player fake that as a way to appear not scum? Or be worried about a watcher so claim a plausible visit?
In post 294, Micc wrote:Sure those things are possible. Anything’s possible. I’m just here trying to make reads based off what I think is most likely to be true. Youre not actually playing a game of mafia if you read everything as null right?

How about you offer your read on KittenLicks and back it up with evidence?

Here's the extent of the conversation. It starts with you asking for discussion on the point you presented. I respond with my opinion which you immediately challenge by calling wifom. I rebuttal while trying to move the conversation back towards productivity, and then you don't respond. I don't see any indication you had a real interest in having a open minded discussion about the topic.

I clearly didn't think my night action through regardless of my alignment tho right? I didn't just decide as scum that claiming a bonehead action was the right play to make. If you're saying town me is more likely to take the action seriously then I guess my counter is that scum me has a lot more to lose because its clearly an easy way to get caught. I can honestly say as town that it doesn't feel like my night action in this game matters at all so I didn't put much thinking into what the best play was. I know that's pretty ugly and I'm not happy to admit it, but it's what happened.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 333, Micc wrote:I'm not exactly sure I'm ready to write off Bob as being town with his claim being the biggest reason cause that should really be NAI, but it's where I'm at.
I haven't moved much from this opinion. davesaz, if you're actually interesting in interacting lets make this the topic. Do you think my opinion is reasonable or not?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by davesaz »

Bob’s claim is totally NAI. There are two alignments with that role, and he could just as easily have something completely different. The way he was saying multi ball from the start always struck me as weird. It’s the type of thing that is true but why is it worthy of discussion? When questioned about use of the role he falls back to a more survivalist approach which is ok on a personal level but less than stellar from a town POV.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Micc »

I looked when someone brought it up earlier and just looked again. there is one treestump and it's town. Where are you finding a second?

I'm also curious to what you think the pro town approach is in his position?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by davesaz »

I would have sworn I saw two, but you're right there is only one. The 2nd mention is a role that makes treestumps. :oops:
Probably saw it in the context of a greater/est idea where it could be composed from two cards...

I posed this as a question: Is town better off in a 2v1 with a stumped advisor, or a 3v1 where we don't have anyone confirmed? In the 3v1, all 3 town need to agree on who is scum, or we no-lynch and scum get to choose whom to remove for the LYLO. In a 2(+1) v1 we get a classic LYLO with an added voice. Numbers wise stumping "seems" better.

I would not be willing to play the stump
if that helps the discussion at all. It doesn't suit me at all -- I'd probably give losing advice. Or at least I'd be worried it's losing.
I don't expect
anyone
to
the idea. But I expected there to be open and frank discussion on its merits. I might be wrong, and if that's the case I expected a more open response on why I'm wrong.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by davesaz »

The point about claiming the role being NAI is also valid. If claiming it makes town unwilling to lynch that player until it's too late, it's a potential winning strategy for scum.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Persivul replaces Bicephalous Bob.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #3.1 (unchanged):

Not Voting:
Micc, Persivul, Bulbazoor, davesaz

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

V/LA:
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-11-24 07:30:00)
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

Yo Persivul. Long time no see
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 361, davesaz wrote:I posed this as a question: Is town better off in a 2v1 with a stumped advisor, or a 3v1 where we don't have anyone confirmed? In the 3v1, all 3 town need to agree on who is scum, or we no-lynch and scum get to choose whom to remove for the LYLO. In a 2(+1) v1 we get a classic LYLO with an added voice. Numbers wise stumping "seems" better.
Yeah I get this. But if the consensus is that Bob's town, and Bob knows he's town, then stumping him has no upside and only downside.

There doesn't seem to be consensus that Bob's slot is town. I could see forcing them to stump in that case. I guess I'll put a little more effort into to reading him in the earlier days tonight. I still want to say that no solo scum player decides to claim treestump as the last person in mass claim, but I don't know if I'm willing to gamble the game away on that.

Looking forward to hearing from the replace in's. Hopefully in a timely manor. I'll be pretty busy all week with holiday stuff after tomorrow night.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 365, Bulbazoor wrote:Yo Persivul. Long time no see
When can we except a post with your thoughts on the game?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 315, Rob14 wrote:
Vote Count #2.3 (FINAL):

Maruchan: Micc, Bicephalous Bob, Simeon, Maruchan (4)
My eyes must be going bad. I went through Maruchan's ISO twice and don't see him voting for himself.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 365, Bulbazoor wrote:Yo Persivul. Long time no see
Yeah it's been over a year.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Persivul »

FOS: Micc
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Rob14 »

Fixed VC 2.3. Thanks for pointing it out.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Rob14 »

davesaz has been prodded.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Persivul »

1. There was a day kill D1.
2. The only roles that can do this are town 1X dayvig and mafia 1X dayvig (please correct me if that's wrong, but that's all I see).
3. No one has flipped or claimed town dayvig, so there's a mafia dayvig.
4. Mafia dayvig killed shortaru.
5. shortaru had already claimed town compulsive childkiller.
6. Compulsive childkiller is not at all dangerous to scum.
7. Therefore, shortaru was killed for his reads.
8. Aside from Tazaro, shortaru scum read Gamma (who is now dead and flipped town) and ... Micc.
In post 186, shortaru wrote:I'm really not vibing Micc atm.

I could totally lynch him.

Micc, who is scum?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Micc »

Shortaru died because he hammered a supersaint not because of a day vig.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”