[Game Over] Newbie 1900 - Robocalypse

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Auro (L-3)
: volxen, Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf (L-3)
: Ariane, Auro
Ariane (L-4)
: YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine (L-4)
: Not_Mafia
snowbeast, lionheart1492, Lamees
In post 173, Auro wrote:
In post 164, Flavor Leaf wrote:That’s a shame. I was town reading both Auro and Ariana. Guess i was wrong somewhere.
If the reason for the vote on you is bad enough to reverse on two townreads, I'd love it if you respond to the case and questions before declaring that one of us is scum.
That’s not the reason. If my town reads were correct on you, then there would be more votes on me.

Scum doesn’t miss the opportunity to wagon me, so my dissolving of town reads is just a natural response based on the lack of votes on me rather than the current votes. If that makes sense.
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Auro »

I could sheep your vote citing I want Not_Maf to post more or claim.
I could sheep your "Lamees v Not_Maf" idea and vote Lamees for reasons I've already stated.

So neither of these cases would have seemed opportunistic to you, yeah?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 171, Auro wrote:
In post 169, Lamees wrote:I still think we shouldnt all scatter our votes around. We can settle on FL vs auro then.
And this is less opportunistic to Flavor Leaf, with 3.5 days remaining this day phase. :P
Yeah, that’s wasn’t the greatest post by Lamees.

Especially considering the last game we played there was 5 hours left in the day and we switched wagons to near lynch like thrice.

However it did end up with a no lynch, but just barely. No one wanted to hammer there, so we got stuck at L-1 a lot.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 176, Auro wrote:I could sheep your vote citing I want Not_Maf to post more or claim.
I could sheep your "Lamees v Not_Maf" idea and vote Lamees for reasons I've already stated.

It would have. But that’s what I was after, to be honest. How everyone reacted towards that.

This is still the aftermath of that. The outcome of me going on NM/Lamees brought pressure to me, making it seem like one scum on me, and potentially one scum on NM/Lamees, but scum could just want to use them as a scapegoat later.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:04 am

Post by Auro »

In post 175, Flavor Leaf wrote:Scum doesn’t miss the opportunity to wagon me, so my dissolving of town reads is just a natural response based on the lack of votes on me rather than the current votes. If that makes sense.
I'd sheep a townread if they have a good case, no matter who it's on. I can't refute the first part of that sentence objectively.

While it would feel like an OMGUS reaction in a vacuum, I do see where you're coming from, being the IC.

There's not been too much activity either, with many slots not posting much -- is the lack of wagoning unexpected? No one's getting wagoned at a normal pace.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Auro »

In post 177, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 171, Auro wrote:
In post 169, Lamees wrote:I still think we shouldnt all scatter our votes around. We can settle on FL vs auro then.
And this is less opportunistic to Flavor Leaf, with 3.5 days remaining this day phase. :P
Yeah, that’s wasn’t the greatest post by Lamees.

Especially considering the last game we played there was 5 hours left in the day and we switched wagons to near lynch like thrice.

However it did end up with a no lynch, but just barely. No one wanted to hammer there, so we got stuck at L-1 a lot.
Why I'm not voting Lamees is that she makes very anti-town plays even as town (happened in my last game with her, at least) so I want to engage her as much as possible before wanting to lunch her. (No offense :P)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Auro »

In post 178, Flavor Leaf wrote:It would have. But that’s what I was after, to be honest. How everyone reacted towards that.

This is still the aftermath of that. The outcome of me going on NM/Lamees brought pressure to me, making it seem like one scum on me, and potentially one scum on NM/Lamees, but scum could just want to use them as a scapegoat later.
Scum could use them as a scapegoat anyway. If you think Lamees' reaction to NM wasn't scummy, anyone could have wagoned on without getting called out or scumread for it.

You're saying that you expect scum to vote for you because you looked a bit scummy - town doesn't know your alignment. You could be scum who looked a bit scummy, and invited votes from town.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Auro »

In post 180, Auro wrote:possible before wanting to lunch her.
Lynch* before the mod catches the typo and weaves it into her narrative. :P
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Lamees »

Haha none taken. But in that game you were scum and I wanted to lynch you day 1. So how is that anti town? I'd say what was anti town was bbmolla, the guy just kept his vote on me for the entire game. Eventually forcing me to scum read him. And then I got lynched and town lost. Which is why no matter how accurately one reads the game, if town cannot work together it's pointless.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Sure, but that’s where we do some actual playing, and analyze it.

It’s a launch pad for being able to search for what is scummy.

It gave the opportunity for scum to make a move without coming off as scummy. Sure, town will do it too, but weeding through it is great, and trying to figure out why a scum did it as opposed to why a town did it.

It’s picking the inner parts of people’s brains.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Auro »

Scum would have lots of opportunities to cast their vote passively without any great case and get away with it, in this game at least IMO.

Some other slot also said they'll just lynch whoever. I've outlined different cases where no matter what I do, I could get read as opportunistic simply for placing my vote somewhere. And perhaps if I didn't place it anywhere there, I'd get accused for trying to break town cohesion.

If opportunism is what you search for, you'll find it everywhere.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Auro »

And as I said before -- if you do think the case on you is so bad that it comes from scum, or someone who agrees and wagons is more likely scum than town -- go ahead and respond to it, and the questions Ariane and I posed.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Auro »

In post 183, Lamees wrote:Haha none taken. But in that game you were scum and I wanted to lynch you day 1. So how is that anti town? I'd say what was anti town was bbmolla, the guy just kept his vote on me for the entire game. Eventually forcing me to scum read him. And then I got lynched and town lost. Which is why no matter how accurately one reads the game, if town cannot work together it's pointless.
What I had in mind wasn't your reads -- your posts in D2 made you an obvlynch that game. This is a separate discussion, tho -- I've since attributed that it's just playstyle.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Where’d I say the case on me was bad?

I think the case is valid. I just know it’s incorrect because I’m town. The fact I’m not getting piled on doesn’t make sense if scum isn’t already on my wagon somewhere.

It might not be you. It could be Ariane. I’m not the all knowing Flavor Leaf this early in the game. Haha
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Auro »

In post 188, Flavor Leaf wrote: I think the case is valid. I just know it’s incorrect because I’m town. The fact I’m not getting piled on doesn’t make sense if scum isn’t already on my wagon somewhere.

It might not be you. It could be Ariane. I’m not the all knowing Flavor Leaf this early in the game. Haha
This applies to all wagons that have formed till now, from their perspectives. If the flashwagoning isn't happening to anyone, it's more probable that it's because of the town's general behaviour, yeah?

You're accepting the case is valid, yet not giving town any good reason to vote for me/Ariane (town don't know your alignment). You're not engaging about the case on you.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m waiting for other players in case they want to jump on me, to be honest.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You’re correct, but I can’t speak from other people’s perspectives. I can speak from mine.

And if people can town read me from my postings, then they have a look through my eyes and can semi see what I see without me putting it into words yet.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Auro »

In post 178, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 176, Auro wrote:I could sheep your vote citing I want Not_Maf to post more or claim.

It would have. But that’s what I was after, to be honest. How everyone reacted towards that.
If you're accepting that whatever I do in that situation makes me look opportunistic, then your reasoning to scumread me is very weak, yeah? :P
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 192, Auro wrote:
In post 178, Flavor Leaf wrote:

If you're accepting that whatever I do in that situation makes me look opportunistic, then your reasoning to scumread me is very weak, yeah? :P
I said you might not be scum already, yeah. Haha. I said it could be Ariane.

I need to see how other people respond to us.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Auro »

In post 190, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m waiting for other players in case they want to jump on me, to be honest.
Sure, but it's a valid case according to three of us - how would someone agreeing and wagoning be alignment indicative? Town can have simple reasons to vote -- "There's a case on him and I want to pressure him to react".

Wouldn't it make more sense to make a defense on that case and look at reactions post the exchange?
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Lamees »

In post 187, Auro wrote:
In post 183, Lamees wrote:Haha none taken. But in that game you were scum and I wanted to lynch you day 1. So how is that anti town? I'd say what was anti town was bbmolla, the guy just kept his vote on me for the entire game. Eventually forcing me to scum read him. And then I got lynched and town lost. Which is why no matter how accurately one reads the game, if town cannot work together it's pointless.
What I had in mind wasn't your reads -- your posts in D2 made you an obvlynch that game. This is a separate discussion, tho -- I've since attributed that it's just playstyle.
Obv lynch in a poor town pool.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Ill read into it.

I know I’m town. I’m looking for people who know that already as well, and who might be trying to fake like they don’t. There’s the difference.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I don’t have a defense. The case is valid. I’m just town, so it’s not correct. I’ve just been doing all this as town.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

As scum, I could easily weave and thread something together and make a hard case on someone. I can turn nothing into a 4 part saga. Town, there’s no need for me to do that, because I don’t want a mislynch.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Auro »

@Flavor: Okay, nevermind -- I think I see what you're trying to do. I think I can discuss this later.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”