volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:47 am

Post by volxen »

TW and Irrelephant don't seem like there usual town selves in this game. Both of them feel off.

Keyser on the other hand is coming across incredibly towny and believable.

What do you think Dr. J? Do you see a world where both TW and Keyser are town?
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde »

I definitely see your point there. :-1: points to irrelevant. Slight to moderate scum read.

Pediatric, yes, I can see them being tvt, they both seem to be town leaders, with their own faction. Tbh, I find it hard to think scum would choose such a dangerous move to try to be a (self appointed) town leader, but if it worked it would pay off. I think we can't discount it, but it's very unlikely.
Hydra of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 am

Of the two I definitely believe in keyser much more.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1601, the worst wrote:why am I townreading like everyone
:lol:
Are you town reading me, Ausuka and Eragon?

Nah, didn’t think so.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1623, volxen wrote:
In post 1619, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 1616, volxen wrote:Also @Dr. J you should be able to guarantee that you are sent to Heaven by voting for yourself.
I take it you still don't want to go to heaven?

And to be sure, how do you feel about the wagon on yourself?
Well if the scumteam is TW/Irrelephant/Labrat, then it makes sense for all of them to prefer to send me to Heaven over you, since I've said that I think Keyser might be right about that being the scumteam. You on the other hand are still townreading TW and Labrat?
No it doesn't??
why would the three of us as scum want to send you to Heaven if you think we're the scumteam? Even if we all survive the next hell phase, you'd send one of us to hell in judgment day.
the me/lab/tw team theory continues to be a joke
Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1620, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 1618, Keyser Söze wrote:Like.. who seriously is going to send LabRat to heaven today :lol:
^
It was done to fuel your perspective of anti-distancing.

It was not done because LabRat is one of his strong town reads...

Look at Irrellephants trajectory on LabRat today.

Tell me if town!Irrelphant sends a slot like LabRat over Dr J/Volxen/(TW).
labrat is indeed a townread, not a strong one but I already explained I don't know that I want to send a strong townread any more. You're literally only in the thread to discredit every word out of my mouth at this point and WOW is that an angry-making scum playstyle you've got
just trying to tilt me out of the thread I guess
I said at start of day that if I could find a town in keyser/eragon/labrat that would make more sense than trying to find town on-wagon, since the odds of finding town off wagon are better in most worlds (scum would probably try to have multiple scum off-wagon, but I don't know how likely it is to actually happen). I think you or eragon are the scum off wagon - or in the world where it's both of you, it's still not labrat, so I do indeed think labrat is a good candidate for heaven. but I'm just now noticing the deadline so fine, VOTE: Doctor Jekyll, My Hyde because at this point I don't care about this game phase anymore, I put in literal hours upon hours catching up after a long v/la that basically everyone seems to be scumreading me for (as if activity is AI for me?), had my long posts deleted, and I'm pretty sure I'm just the easy "and the third scum is Irrelephant" because I'm not WW!me

everyone is convinced that Keyser has solved the game so, great. Either Dr J is town or this flip will be extremely telling anyway

fwiw I'm still working on my eragon case because his posts are like incredibly (intentionally??) hard to quote but it won't matter till hell phase anyway. I don't think you need to look further than his response to me like three pages ago, where he tried to get towncred for townreading Creature and for activity, when activity is 0% AI for him (it's not AI for most of this playerlist, come to think of it) and he spent eod2 and the first half of D2 trying to convince us all his townread on creature was actually very weak and it *couldn't be TMI* because his read wasn't very strong and he *could have been wrong*

Can we do Dr J -> me -> eragon (Dr J's judgment day), I want out
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1625, volxen wrote:TW and Irrelephant don't seem like there usual town selves in this game. Both of them feel off.

Keyser on the other hand is coming across incredibly towny and believable.

What do you think Dr. J? Do you see a world where both TW and Keyser are town?
Me: "long v/la, here's two posts"
Everyone: "Something about Irrelephant is off, u kno??"
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

If my reads are wrong they are wrong. I will pay the consequences of Dr J’s flip. But that’s the game. Live and learn.

But the scum cases on Dr J/Volxen/Eragon/Ausuka have not been convincing enough.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 1565, Irrelephant11 wrote: [snip]
In post 1533, Eragon wrote:
In post 1530, Irrelephant11 wrote:okay actually a few thoughts before I go because the game isn't playable without all slots talking:

I still think tw is probably town, I just didn't feel good post-creature flip about his strong push there. But otoh the intensity of his push rang towny (not sure tw gets that intense against a friend just for a d1 mislynch), and imo creature was playing scummy anyway. Eh I still have bad feelings here, but the game makes more sense to me if he's town
Ausuka made some good points about volxen's play that, especially depending on who volxen is scum with, bring volxen back toward possible-scum, even though I still lean town for him too. Ausuka is also very bold if scum, challenging commonly held ideas.
Keyser/eragon always has a scum, possibly two. Keyser seems overeager to throw shade, eragon seem undereager to solve, both have strong scumgames and I wouldn't put it past them to manage to both be offwagon
I have literally no clue what to do with labrat because I've seen p much nothing from the slot d2 and only remember the keyser push from d1

Hot take: DrJ is the townie with the worst reads so far, which is why he is easy to wagon this game phase. Paranoid about the very popular push to Heaven them, but maybe scum are just looking to lynch townies in every phase idk.

Something like:
{me}
{the worst}
{volxen, ausuka, DrJ}
{labrat} - null
{keyser, eragon}

ausuka should maybe be a scumread, I haven't had time to analyze trajectory, just getting town from the bold play
I'm mentally on page 51, so do with this what you will
“Eragon seems under-eager to solve”

Let’s see.. shall we?

Who is the only person(other than maybe keyser?) That correctly read creature

Who actually MADE A CASE on volxen being town that’s not “Oh ThEiR fIrSt FiVe PoStS mAkE tHeM oBv ToWn On MeTa”

Who has been reconsidering reads
Who has 40 more posts than you and joined at the end of D1
Who has acually been in thread for the majority of time active?

So stop this bullshiting of yours

You call Ausuka either town or very bold scum for going against the trend?
WHAT ABOUT ME TOWNREADING CREATURE?
Do you have like, selective amnesia or some shit?

“Doc J is town with terrible reads”

Great doubtcastig you have there
Before you do crap like this actually make detailed reads of your own, or, you know, like actually make reads that aren’t sheeping TW and that you can explain yourself?

I think the only slot really not talking is you?

Lab has been very active
I’m here
Keyser is here
Ausuka is intermittent
Doc J is here
TW has presence
volxen has picked up a lot in d2
Yeah, I'm the only one not present??? "Definitely scum!"
somehow you got that conclusion from that? either you are actually bad or you are pushing bullshit because you dont have any base on your push.
great reads, there, eragon. I'm impressed. You caught me: I sent out a storm warning on Thursday evening to the entire Western NY area so I could actively avoid going to work where I play Mafia on Friday, and months ago I began a long pattern of being v/la Saturday/Sunday so that you wouldn't catch me out this game.
This is level one surface level crap. You don't scumread me. You find me an easy and defenseless target (won't last long, sorry to say)
and again, AMAZING ABSOLUTELY PERFECT CONCLUSION ID GIVE YOU AN A++

Also ahhhh there's the "give me towncred for townreading Creature!!" I've been waiting for
says the person scumreading me for townreading creature.

In post 1550, Eragon wrote:im akshully very confident in an Irrel!scum here.

on top of not liking their posts this game, from what i have seen...

they do not have the same form of transparant towni-ness that they were fond of in WW.
Like, did anyone ever even scumread them in WW?
they were extremly obvious through thoughts, reads, wagons, etc... and even from a scum perspective i knew that was always going to be town

this game i have seen almost absolutely none of that, im not sure if its b/c different perspectives or what, but i do not see any similarities, and dislike their posts not-meta based either
In post 1552, the worst wrote:I got a little paranoid of Relly in WW but for the most part ye I agree. He kinda has low enough content that sneaking in with a stance like the previous page works from either alignment. :/
1)WW is my best towngame ever, probably. I have a much harder time earning townreads as town most games, especially because for whatever reason scum often find me an easy target (they're wrong, which is why my town win rate remains high).
2) Literally no one was scumreading me until I went v/la anyway

I would like eragon to be the first to scumcase me. Fire away.
and WW was one of my best scum games ever, yet people compare that to me here too. your point?
uh im pretty sure plenty of people were scumreading you, i know i was.
Show
"follow your heart but take your brain with you"
"Get away... from me...!"

Get to know a Dark Shadow!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78520
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:51 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 1579, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 1540, Eragon wrote:it is wierd that lab voted a blue read instead of TW/Lab/Doc J
In [url=http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=87441&p=2877398#p2877398]the previous purgatory game[/url], Eragon wrote:11. Rickdaily12 OllyRenard- If this isn’t obvious town then Idk what is,
Especially with all his talk about heaven phases and stuff, I don’t think Scum would make those. Scum would try to push the obvious town, but also town leaders into heaven where they are worthless
In [url=http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=87441&p=2877875#p2877875]the previous purgatory game[/url], Eragon wrote:Also this is another game theory question: as rick said earlier, if we accidentally put one scum into heaven, it's not the end of the world, so I'm wondering for someone like Lukundo, even if I personally SR him, if the majority of the game TR's someone, if we put him in heaven, and I disregard the risk from My POV

discuss?
Your posts from your previous purgatory game. You were scum there, so I guess I shouldn’t rely on it too much…
but you seemed to have the same attitude towards heaven-lynches when you replaced in here, so what changed your mind rn?
i didnt even think about that :lol: :lol: :lol:
its been hard enough for me to get townreads at all, ive just been trying to play the game sending town- heaven and scum to hell.

its probably actually a good idea to do this..

the third quote, about the risk, though, is something i disagree with this game.
because in that game there were 15 players, and 5 scum, meaning 3 scum had to be sent to heaven, or town < scum in numbers, for scum to win.
this game only 2 scum need to be sent to heaven, and there is a lot less lee-way.
we could be in judgement day by the EoD3 if we lynch all town.

so in this game i recommend pushing for your stronger townreads, but maybe not your strongest.
does that make sense?
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 1587, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1583, Irrelephant11 wrote:I find it insane that anyone is listening to your idea that "the scumteam is everyone voting volxen for Heaven"
Miss-rep of my frustration.

Eragon is voting Volxen I believe (?) but I don't think Eragon is scum.
yes i am, but im gonna change soon both because of what lab brought up and also because volxen asked me too

as a side note:

adding onto above

Pushing your middle townleans makes it that much easier for scum to push one of their own into heaven, because strong town is harder to come upon than middle town, so thats kinda the gray area where anything goes.
so if we do push a town lean, make sure thats its your OWN read, not influence by ANYONE else, even if you think that other person is town.
you can use parts of other people's thoughts, but make sure whatever you push is your own reads
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 1599, the worst wrote:The lack of rejection from the rest of the thread makes me wanna not send Dr. J to heaven. I don't think he's a wolf but I think scum want him heaven'd
?

what about the volxen wagon being pushed...

by multiple people

or other vanity wagons on labrat/keyser etc.. that people have been pushing?

is that not people feeling that doc J isnt best heaven pick?
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 1618, Keyser Söze wrote:Like.. who seriously is going to send LabRat to heaven today :lol:
honestly i think they are p.towny overall, so i wouldn't fight against it.
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 1622, volxen wrote:Also @Eragon, please change your vote from me to Dr. J.
UNVOTE: Volxen

ill unvote for now and see where i leave off soon
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 1623, volxen wrote:
In post 1619, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 1616, volxen wrote:Also @Dr. J you should be able to guarantee that you are sent to Heaven by voting for yourself.
I take it you still don't want to go to heaven?

And to be sure, how do you feel about the wagon on yourself?
Well if the scumteam is TW/Irrelephant/Labrat, then it makes sense for all of them to prefer to send me to Heaven over you, since I've said that I think Keyser might be right about that being the scumteam. You on the other hand are still townreading TW and Labrat?

If there is one thing I feel absolutely sure about, it's that it's simply not possible for TW and Keyser to both be town. They are SvS before TvT, but I also think SvS is unlikely as well. Not with how hard they have been going at each other the whole time. And Keyser's treatment toward my slot (a lot of skepticism that gradually transitioned into a townread over time after a fair amount of real-time interactions) feels very natural and believable.

In my opinion, Keyser vs TW is what day 3 is all about, because they are not both town, and I am 99% certain they are TvS.

im unsure on lab being scum, but i definitely see irrel and could see TW, especially if keyser is town
Show

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1628, Keyser Söze wrote:

Nah, didn’t think so.
I go through phases of tring all 3 of you

sorry to do this but
v/la like 48 hours
while this fever passes
can't really say I'll post at all and if I do it's going to be as lacking as it has been
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Eragon »

fwiw I'm still working on my eragon case because his posts are
like incredibly (intentionally??) hard to quote
but it won't matter till hell phase anyway. I don't think you need to look further than his response to me like three pages ago, where he tried to get
towncred for townreading Creature
and
for activity, when activity is 0% AI for him
(it's not AI for most of this playerlist, come to think of it) and he spent eod2 and the
first half of D2 trying to convince us all his townread on creature was actually very weak and it *couldn't be TMI* because his read wasn't very strong and he *could have been wrong*
from irrelephant

the actually fuck is this? if this ever comes from town ill fill my socks with cat hair, stuff it in my mouth, and swallow it full

i wasnt "going for towncred" as you say. This was what i said "Who was the one who actually had a correct read on creature"
NOT.
"Oh hey dudes i am obvious town because i read Creature right oh im so amazing"
and its a lot of me just getting pissed off because
1. i felt pressured into not really townreading creature due to mass super-majority.
2. people are actually scumreading me because i thought creature was town.
like, what even is that bullshit?

I never said anything about activity being AI, so either you are hella misunderstanding all this, or you are pushing it because you have nothing else. i dont think town!you would misunderstand something that badly however.

Maybe because that was obviously stated multiple times in my posts, in my reads, and multiple times, yet people still missed the posts and still pushed me over it even though i said in my read itself it was extermely strong, but it was my first true townread

colors dont mean anything i just felt it made it easier to pinpoint stuff
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Eragon »

P
L
U
S
C
O
L
O
R
S
A
R
E
F
U
N
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 1639, the worst wrote:
In post 1628, Keyser Söze wrote:

Nah, didn’t think so.
I go through phases of tring all 3 of you

sorry to do this but
v/la like 48 hours
while this fever passes
can't really say I'll post at all and if I do it's going to be as lacking as it has been
feel better soon devilicious demon ducky
Show

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:17 pm

Did irrel just quickhammer me in the middle of his post?

Or had I only 2 votes?
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by Eragon »

{volxen, Doc J}
{Lab, Ausuka, Keyser/TW}
{keyser/tw}
{irrel}

IMO here, irrel is always scum
one of keyser/TW is always scum
and then unless someone enlightened appears and changes something, one scum in Lab/Ausuka

i feel confident in the reads for Irrel/{keyser/TW}, but its the other scum that i feel is having a truly towny and good game, and the hardest to find.
ive already cased volxen, so i doubt that
Doc J just oozes towniness, and their catchu[p, while really onyl quotes(?) as someone said before, it shows thoughtfulness and looking back and basically towny.
Lab i have felt their progression to be towny and their ideaolgoy and theory have been pretty town-oriented
and ausuka doesnt feel off in any way, but probably my weakest townread
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 1643, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:Did irrel just quickhammer me in the middle of his post?

Or had I only 2 votes?
well it needs 5 votes im pretty sure

and maybe manatee will go by homesite rules where votes need to be seperate lines
Show

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1636, Eragon wrote:
If they are town, who is scum? I'm left with you or Ausuka.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 1646, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1636, Eragon wrote:
If they are town, who is scum? I'm left with you or Ausuka.

see my above post for my thoughts
Show

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:23 pm

I thought it was 5 day 1, 4 today

I don't think so given I didn't see it in the rules here
Maybe I'm wrong

Anyone anything else to say? I'll self vote in a bit and get it over after posting my last thoughts
Or I can wait till tw shows up first..?
intent to hammer myself ( :lol: )
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1640, Eragon wrote:colors dont mean anything i just felt it made it easier to pinpoint stuff
I love that colouring method.
I may use it in the future.

Return to “Completed Open Games”