DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 574, BuJaber wrote:Ehhhh

Nancy using meta to vote someone is consistent with someone who thinks they deserve to be townread based on meta.
Who GAF about your read on me. What do you think of my case on Majiffy? Gawd!
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 565, DrewVa wrote:BEF, when you manage to get caught up, talk to me. I’m not discussing old posts.
That's all you are doing. You are discussing
old
posts from
old
games
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:57 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 570, DrewVa wrote:
In post 554, DrewVa wrote:
In post 552, DrewVa wrote:Okay I just found ths.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77288&start=25.

I was curious as to why Wisdom was voting Majiffy, so I ISO’d a towngame of his where his play was entirely different than it is here.

He has objectively speaking, the worst ISO in this game. There is 0 game content of any kind - which contrasts sharply with the game I’m linking.

so

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Majiffy
P.edit Better link.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77288&user_select%5 ... &start=200
As contrasted with this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77824&user_select%5B%5D=17371

I think this is scum, sheep me.
Do I have to fucking retype this post in all caps or what? Is anyone going to bother to give me an opinion on this or what?

No one has told lme that my case is either bad or wrong, just keep taking shots at me without bothering to read it. I know why RC gets so frustrated in games now.

Radiantcowbells, that is.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 577, DrewVa wrote:

I was curious as to why Wisdom was voting Majiffy, so I ISO’d a towngame of his where his play was entirely different than it is here.

He has objectively speaking, the worst ISO in this game. There is 0 game content of any kind - which contrasts sharply with the game I’m linking.

so

UNVOTE:

P.edit Better link.

Do I have to fucking retype this post in all caps or what? Is anyone going to bother to give me an opinion on this or what?

No one has told lme that my case is either bad or wrong, just keep taking shots at me without bothering to read it. I know why RC gets so frustrated in games now.

Well to stay objective I only looked at his 1st 3 posts in that game and compared them with his 3 posts in this game. There might be something there later on down the ling but I don't think we have enough content from him here to compare play styles right now.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 575, DrewVa wrote:

Nancy using meta to vote someone is consistent with someone who thinks they deserve to be townread based on meta.
It's important for me to sort you because your case can come from either alignment.

As scum it's the sort of case that makes you look busy (reading ISO's of old games) while not actually engaging active people discussing ongoing cases/wagons. It's picking an easy target way too early in the game because nobody can say you're wrong.

As town meta is a big part of what people look for... especially in d1 when many people feel lost.

Either way it's basically a combination of a meta read of 3 posts and activity read which are both things that are mostly NAI. People evolve and people get busy. If you're right it's just luck tbh. I honestly have no reason to say you're wrong nor do I have any reason to agree with you. I can only comment on how strong a case it is and I just did.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 560, DrewVa wrote:
In post 555, Gamma Emerald wrote:

so

UNVOTE:

And what brought you to that game
I clicked his name and found this game and the difference between his play in that game is dramatically different than it it is here. Don’t you agree?

I caught scum!Marquis in BoD that way - through meta. It isn’t always obvious but the difference is definitely striking.
Honestly I feel it’s a bit early to make that conclusion but you do you.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 571, BuJaber wrote:The amount of people SK-reading people is staggering.

Why do you care? Without any scum flips anybody scummy is scum. Only when groupscum flips you can then say something like "This guy is scummy but because of reason x he is not groupscum with flipped scum, he might be scum of a different faction or SK"

Even if you are right about someone being SK you are helping scum by pointing out 3p. You shouldn't care about SK at this stage. Scumhunt.

I can give you at least two examples where scum v SK ended up helping town that I witnessed myself. I'm sure most of you have examples also.

@Cerb - how shy is amz? At what point should we consider inactivity to be AI?.
Wild guess: a fair amount of those engaging in this are groupscum.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 578, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 577, DrewVa wrote:

so

UNVOTE:

P.edit Better link.

Well to stay objective I only looked at his 1st 3 posts in that game and compared them with his 3 posts in this game. There might be something there later on down the ling but I don't think we have enough content from him here to compare play styles right now.
Thanks for giving me your opinion. We still have a few more days and hopefully, this will be made a lot clearee closer to EOD.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 579, BuJaber wrote:

It's important for me to sort you because your case can come from either alignment.

As scum it's the sort of case that makes you look busy (reading ISO's of old games) while not actually engaging active people discussing ongoing cases/wagons. It's picking an easy target way too early in the game because nobody can say you're wrong.

As town meta is a big part of what people look for... especially in d1 when many people feel lost.

Either way it's basically a combination of a meta read of 3 posts and activity read which are both things that are mostly NAI. People evolve and people get busy. If you're right it's just luck tbh. I honestly have no reason to say you're wrong nor do I have any reason to agree with you. I can only comment on how strong a case it is and I just did.
Fine. What is your opinion on my Majiffy case?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 580, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 560, DrewVa wrote:
In post 555, Gamma Emerald wrote:

so

UNVOTE:

And what brought you to that game
I clicked his name and found this game and the difference between his play in that game is dramatically different than it it is here. Don’t you agree?

I caught scum!Marquis in BoD that way - through meta. It isn’t always obvious but the difference is definitely striking.
Honestly I feel it’s a bit early to make that conclusion but you do you.
Yes, that is a valid point that you and BEF have made. I think it should be a lot clearer soon. I didn’t sr him solely based on his ISO here, it was only when I saw the striking difference between his ISO here and that game but he might post like he did there, so we’ll see.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 583, DrewVa wrote:
In post 579, BuJaber wrote:

Fine. What is your opinion on my Majiffy case?
Okay nm but if his posting doesn’t change, I would argue that it’s a damned good case but as I said, we’ll see.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:24 pm

Post by Tails »

I just took Wisdom's vote on the slot as a placeholder. I'm not sure why you're running full throttle into not only thinking there's significance, but then basing it on meta, as if you need to justify your vote.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 585, DrewVa wrote:Okay nm but if his posting doesn’t change, I would argue that it’s a damned good case but as I said, we’ll see.
I wouod expect nothing less. Your case would become stronger if it becomes a pattern.
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by Fortian »

In post 500, Tails wrote:
In post 493, davesaz wrote:
In post 485, Tails wrote:
Spoiler: Profii made a list
In post 407, profii wrote:Let's see if I can do this, I'm gonna quickly flick through isos and sort into 3 categories if i can.

more towny than scum:
DrewVa (DVa & Nancy Drew 39)
farside
Alchemist21
Varsoon
Gamma Emerald
Thor665
hebichan

Too early to tell:
Flavor Leaf
Malakitty
RCEnigma
Toogeloo
BuJaber
davesaz
Chickadee
DrippingGoofball
CheekyTeeky
Fortian (DeasVail & Regfan)
Majiffy
Amzela

more scummy than town:
Creature
Reasonably Rational (Drixx & Cerb)
Tails
Wisdom
pinturicchio
BrightEyedFish

VOTE: RR

@Profii: I think you're off when it comes to your scum list. Except maybe Fishy. But yeah...need to sharpen up those reads dude.
I'm a little skeptical of full lists this early in such a large game. What are your thoughts on that aspect of Profii's post?
I think Creature, RR, and Wisdom are more in their town range than scum atm. Not my first picks for putting on a scum list, especially over that large null area. I might get onboard with Fishy, but I haven't seen too much of him. Pint is a townread of mine, and I think he should be obv. town enough. And I'm me, so while I appreciate being put this low for lynch purposes, I also know that given my actual role and the company I'm being placed with, this list just feels off.

But given that Profii's list
is
controversial, I think he has a good chance of being town here.
There are many leaps in logic here based on assumptions that I am uncomfortable with!
In post 539, Tails wrote:
In post 534, DrewVa wrote: Who do you think is scum here?
If I had to choose between you and Wisdom? I'd choose you. Other than that, I'm sheeping Thorsoon on RCE, because I think there's some weight there. Other than that, just waiting to see what shakes out. Reads should be clearer by the end of the day.
So you're using your reads to justify other reads, whilst also acknowledging that your reads are not super strong at this point?

-DV
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Post by Tails »

What are your reads on the following then?
Creature
RR
Wisdom
Pinti
Fishy
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Post by profii »

i just caught up on all the over night section (I'm UK so you all post when i sleep)

I was all but ready to say there is a fence forming and RCE/DrewVA are sitting on one side, Tails & Wisdom the other... then boom Tails makes that case on RCE.
I'm not sure I scum read RCE because of it, but Tails got moved out of my scum pile.

I am probably demoting DrewVa a bit - This majiffy case seems to reek of sending the attention away from themselves, because it's way too early in Majiffys ISO to make that call I think.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Profiis in my head and I don't like it :(
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Post by Tails »

I do hope that Fortian gets back to me quickly. There are about 3 levels of questions regarding that assumption line, of which #589 was the first. I'd rather not have to put it off until tomorrow because of the end of a work day. At that point, there will be another 10+ pages to cover, and the Fortian examination could slip into the background.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:07 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I'll put a pin in this one for you.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:09 am

Post by profii »

In post 591, RCEnigma wrote:Profiis in my head and I don't like it :(
how come
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:19 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Im not used to it. Generally you have fairly unique angles that make me think about multiple angles. It helps my read on you. I can't really do that if we are already on the same page.

I'll reevaluate it before the day ends.

Also, I do the pocketing around here.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:20 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Perspectives* in place of the second "angle".
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:27 am

Post by Fortian »

In post 589, Tails wrote:What are your reads on the following then?
Creature
RR
Wisdom
Pinti
Fishy
We lean scum on Wisdom, lean town on Pinti and don't have properly formed reads on the rest.

Apologies for the delay. Reg and I have just finished our READS SYNC sesh
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Tails »

Do you even know what town ranges look like for Creature or RR? Do you think I'm making that up? Or perhaps I'm acting more confident than I really am, because that makes it easier to get early reads? Or something something how dare you engage on reads something?
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:30 am

Post by Tails »

Oh, also, do you not think that someone could have strong stances on the slots listed and disagree and not like the placement on a list that seems ill defined in the first place?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”