Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5750 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5737, Shoshin wrote:
In post 5732, WhemeStar wrote:I feel like jingle is scum
Yeah, maybe.
When are you going to do anything?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5751 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:08 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'll even put this into nice simple logic with bolded important bits for everyone, even the people who can only read select lines.

Hurrdurr inactivity lynchmob says we should lynch Vizzy so that RC doesn't have to either find a replacement or modkill the slot.
If RC finds a replacement, the issue is resolved.
If RC fails to find a replacement, then he modkills the slot.

If the slot is gonna get modkilled anyway, why the fuck should we waste a lynch on it? It's already gonna die.

Furthermore, optimal play with Mastina's role in the game is still to leash the shit out of it and get her to gladiate whoever town agrees on.

If you L-1 Vizzy, Mastina will still be obligated to gladiate there.

Failing the gladiate would mean you just continue lynching. The gladiate succeeding would mean you stop and no lynch. A completely inactive conftown slot is able to do all of the things a dead towny can do and more, including getting someone replaced into it. In this scenario, if the slot ends up getting modkilled after being conftowned, oh no, we get another bold point:

If the slot gets successfully gladiated and then modkilled, it is in the exact same scenario as if you halfwits lynch it.

Okay, but what if RC just calls the game instead?

We shouldn't play suboptimally to stop RC calling the game. That's fucking stupid.

RC is only considering calling the game because of the effect that modkilling slots and the whole replacement shit has on the game. Lynching Vizzy here to prevent this is actually giving in further to that and would arguably compromise the integrity of the game greater than modkilling the slot would.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5752 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

YOU. ARE. AVOIDING. THE. POINT.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5753 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:11 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 5749, Nero Cain wrote:This is scum, yes? Like he's either scum or really dumb. Like RC isn't threatening to modkill the slot, he's threatening to call the game. You're basically saying that we should let RC modkill the slot instead of lynch him but that's like not even why he was getting ran up.
In post 5718, Nero Cain wrote:The only replacement you need is Vizzy right? (assuming Fire stays) lets just lynch him.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5754 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5751, jjh927 wrote:If RC finds a replacement, the issue is resolved.
If RC fails to find a replacement, then he modkills the slot.
RC never said anything about this. He can't get a replacement so he said he was going to call the game. CALL. THE. GAME. Not modkill th slot. CALL. THE. FUCKING. GAME.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5755 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:12 am

Post by jjh927 »

slots plural
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5756 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5751, jjh927 wrote:RC is only considering calling the game because of the effect that modkilling slots and the whole replacement shit has on the game. Lynching Vizzy here to prevent this is actually giving in further to that and would arguably compromise the integrity of the game greater than modkilling the slot would.
mafia is a game of attrition. Lynching one inactive slot is not the end of the world.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5757 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:14 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 5602, RadiantCowbells wrote:After giving it a great deal of thought I think that if I am unable to find replacements for these slots the correct move is to call the game early.
I'm fairly sure he wouldn't call it over 1 and if he does then w/e I don't care about it that much
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5758 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:14 am

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah sure but it doesn't mean it's not stupid to do it
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5759 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5750, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5737, Shoshin wrote:
In post 5732, WhemeStar wrote:I feel like jingle is scum
Yeah, maybe.
When are you going to do anything?
D6.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5760 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think it is really. Whittling down the useless slots makes sense as town. And it's not like the slot can't be scum anyways.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5761 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

If RC is gonna modkill the slot I'd be up for a Wheme gladiate.

@RC
-Are you going to modkill the Vizzy slot?

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5762 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:23 am

Post by jjh927 »

I feel like I'm gonna have a really hard time doing anything in this game if I don't see NR gladiated
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5763 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:23 am

Post by jjh927 »

I need to either know that I am right so I can shit on people's reads or reevaluate
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5764 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5658, mastina wrote:I am advocating for a Firebringer gladiate
Please do this.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5765 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Mastina won't do shit this game.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #5766 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Creature »

In post 5765, Nero Cain wrote:Mastina won't do shit this game.
^
Sigh
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5767 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:41 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I am willing to modkill up to 1 slot but no more.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5768 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:43 am

(doing that VC right now)
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5769 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5762, jjh927 wrote:I feel like I'm gonna have a really hard time doing anything in this game if I don't see NR gladiated
Even if Nico is scum there are still 3 other scum and you don't necessarily need to know Nico's alignment to hunt the others. You could just assume that Nico is town and the remaining 4 scum are or you could assume that Nico is scum and the other three scum are. Like its not hard but nice to know that your plan is to do nothing but tunnel Nico.

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5770 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:52 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 5763, jjh927 wrote:I need to either know that I am right so I can shit on people's reads or reevaluate
What a joke. You aren't willing to re-evaluate because you think you are 100 % right. :roll:
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5771 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 am

Post by NicoRobin »

If mastina flips scum, I am gonna have so much fun at the expense of jjh 'can figure out people's roles and read others better than anyone else' but who, in actuality, can't be bothered to see things in any other way but his own.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5772 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 am

Post by jjh927 »

Well yeah I'm not gonna reevaluate shit unless I'm shown to be wrong
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5773 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 am

Eh after
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5774 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 am

further consideration

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”