Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 719, CheekyTeeky wrote:Instead of reading the game from the start I'm just going to ISO skim people in alphabetical order. I've just finished Davesaz and this is where I'm at:

Town lean
Fish
Chick

Nullish/conflicted
BuJaber
Creature
Davesaz

Scum lean
Alchemist
Amzela

Alchemist you said that your post explained your naked vote on Fish but that post seems to be talking more about Drewva than fish. Can you elaborate on your reads on both Fish and Drewva?

Amzela - what is your read on RR currently? I think you've implied you think they are town. Do you have reads on anyone, particularly those that have been pushing you?

Consider my list a bookmark until I can get more done.
No that post is definitely talking about Fish buddying up to Pint. The wagon could have been on anyone and it would still look the same.

DrewVa I’m null on. Seemed to me that the main reason Nancy got scumread was because of how she reacted to her wagon and then got mad when people questioned if her rage was genuine. I’m not disputing the idea that she could fake emotion as scum but on the other hand emotional people tend to get even more emotional when their feelings are doubted so I don’t see how the rage is something that can’t come from Town.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Chickadee »

I skipped the last 10 pages.

From skimming though, I'm thinking Creature is scum. I vaguely remember Tails (I think) saying Creature was in town range. Please clarify.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 719, CheekyTeeky wrote:Instead of reading the game from the start I'm just going to ISO skim people in alphabetical order. I've just finished Davesaz and this is where I'm at:

Town lean
Fish
Chick

Nullish/conflicted
BuJaber
Creature
Davesaz

Scum lean
Alchemist
Amzela

Alchemist you said that your post explained your naked vote on Fish but that post seems to be talking more about Drewva than fish. Can you elaborate on your reads on both Fish and Drewva?

Amzela - what is your read on RR currently? I think you've implied you think they are town. Do you have reads on anyone, particularly those that have been pushing you?

Interesting read. Also, have people been pushing me? It feels more like people are just trying to understand how I play. Which is completely acceptable, as I am still trying to understand how I play.
:]

RR feels more scum to me than anything, but that's light reading. Currently going through and tracking everything so I can organize my thoughts. On a page from yesterday, so bear with me. Stay tuned for more.

Thor gives me bad vibes.

For those in the States, Happy Thanksgiving!
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 718, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 565, DrewVa wrote:BEF, when you manage to get caught up, talk to me. I’m not discussing old posts.
Posts from 14 hours prior are "old posts"? You flew off the handle at like less than 25% of the votes needed to be lynched and demanded to be hard town read by people because you flew off the handle. Those will
NEVER
be "old posts" for as long as you remain alive in this game.

At this point if you actually
ARE
town, you should be trying to figure out how to get yourself night killed because you are a walking "Leave me till M/LYLO so you can win" sign for scum.

~D
Why would I try to get nightkilled? Sorry but that’s totally whacked. Not that I won’t but actually TRY to do that? What makes so sure that’s going to happen if I don’t? And according to what your proposing, you’ve just made a compelling case for scum NOT to try and kill me, so how do you think that’s even possible here?

At any rate, you have completely misconstrued what I meant by that. My thoughts on the gamestate keep changing, so how is it in anyway useful or helpful to comment on posts I’ve made and/or being referenced that no longer describe my most current thoughts/reads?

I do however want to clarify that I meant no disrespect to BEF with that comment. The same goes for my comments to Gamma earlier. I didn’t understand why he thought it “shady” to answer for my hydra partner and still don’t.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 720, Almost50 wrote:
Clarification
This is a clarification on what is/is not bastard for me:

According to site meta roles such as
Godfather, Miller, Redirector, Lightning Rod, Nexus, Bus Driver, Jester, Lyncher.. etc
are
NOT BASTARD.

These roles exist on the wiki, and are to be reasonably expected to exist in non-normal games.

The same applies to several killing roles/mechanics. You didn't join a game titled "Overkill" and themed after Stallone expecting 1-2 kills per night, did you?

So, what is BASTARD?

1-
Bastard MODDING:
This includes telling a player they win with the Town when they don't, or telling them they are a Cop when they are a Serial Killer. This also applies to "hidden votes" (someone brought that up) as it would be me lying to the player and the whole game outside of reasonable expectations. (This doesn't apply to -say- Loved/hated modifiers since the player(s) are notified of them in their Role PM(s) already, plus the roles/modifiers are fairly expected).

2-
Bastard ROLES:
These include all alignment changing roles in mid-game. Cults, Saulus, Judas .. etc. are roles I would consider bastard because "switch sides", meaning the player could play actively towards a certain win con/objective only to find themselves flipping against what they had worked hard to achieve from the start. In a way, that IS a mod lie, or a hidden win con (they don't know if it will happen or not even if told they are a Judas or that there is a Cult in play)

In short: I guarantee there are no mod lies and no alignment switches in this game.
If jester and lyncher are not bastard, then why don’t more mods, have those roles? I hope to roll jester at some point.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:17 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 723, Wisdom wrote:danganronpa was my first game with kokichi
Okay then, I totally wasted my time with that.
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Fortian »

Don't think too many people here know me, but those that do should know I'm intending on taking a fairly backseat role to DV in this game, mostly just sharing reads & thoughts with him and letting him do the bulk of the posting, at least for the foreseeable future while I'm juggling some other things.

Discussion about roles that might / might not be in the game & mass-claiming and things like that should really stop; there's definitely a time when that's going to be handy (when we've got flips / much later in the game), but right now is not it. It's just going to clog the thread and distract from actual scumhunting.

Do want to get down where I'm ~roughly~ at right now while I've managed to get some spare time though.

I've got a pretty strong town read on Toogeloo, discussed it with DV & he's at the same place I am with this read too. It's mostly based around Toogs commenting about his role, think it fits very naturally in a "Town that got a shit role" type of attitude, I can run this through in more depth if needed.

Also got a pretty strong town read on DrewVa, I think the freak out about being scum read and the whole "Don't take being misread" type thing comes across as very genuine here and differs pretty greatly from the way she handled being scum read in the scum game I've observed of hers. I get the impression she really believes in her reasoning re; the Wisdom scum read. Again, if you need I can go into this in more detail.

Similarly pretty confident that Pint is town here, know it's a read that DV feels very good about too; it's one I'll let him explain/run through more, but for me I really like his commenting and phrasing about RR moving the game out of RVS and the interaction with Tails about Profi even more.

I feel very sure that Tails is town here, mostly from his interaction and posting with DV last night; isn't something I've got to speak with DV about yet but I don't really see scum taking that sort of angle or trying to get into a discussion like that there, particularly find super super townie.

Got really weak town leans on Farside, Gamma and Varsoon too but yeah, based on fairly flimsy reasoning that I'd rather not go into.

Cheeky / Chickadee / Wisdom & Hebichan is mostly where I'd be looking at the moment for scum but DV thinks I might be misreading Hebi. Can follow DV's scum read on Profli but I'm mosty ~eh~ overall on the slot, dislike a lot of his opening posting and find it forced but have liked his latter stuff.

TLDR; Toog/Drew/Pint/Tails are very probably all town here, that's about all I've got that I'm happy with so far.

- Regfan
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:20 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 366, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 192, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 182, pinturicchio wrote:So, there are 26 of us. Game started with 22 of us confirming our roles. Now everyone confirmed their role, but only 22 have commented in this thread. I'm almost sure the four players who confirmed last, meaning that the game started before they confirmed their roles, were Wisdom, BuJaber, BrightEyedFish and DrewVa. That means that DrewVa saw that the game already started, but didn't come to say hi. That's rude.

VOTE: DrewVa
Ohhhhhhh

The first little bit of detective work I've seen so far, keep it up. I want to join!
VOTE: DrewVa
I don’t know you so I don’t know what your personality is like but this post seems a bit too enthusiastic(?), it’s like you’re doing this just to buddy pint rather than drive a DrewVa wagon.

P-edit: Jesus Varsoon you should probably see a doctor about that.
Oh you're right I misread. I find the logic a little hypocritical because you townread someone in your post just prior to 366 for the same thing "seemingly trying to get out of RVS." If I look at your tone argument that he's "too enthusiastic" I don't think it holds in the context of his ISO as his tone is the main reason I townread him. So really it just looks like an easy post to nitpick at as scum looking at surface level reasons to look like they're sorting.

I also noticed a few instances where you seemed to comment on semantics rather than taking a stance on players involved in a debate which would make it easier for you to look active without backing yourself into a corner by giving out reads. I've noted these down somewhere will find them when I get back home.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:23 am

Post by profii »

In post 728, DrewVa wrote:
In post 565, DrewVa wrote:BEF, when you manage to get caught up, talk to me. I’m not discussing old posts.
Posts from 14 hours prior are "old posts"? You flew off the handle at like less than 25% of the votes needed to be lynched and demanded to be hard town read by people because you flew off the handle. Those will
NEVER

ARE
town, you should be trying to figure out how to get yourself night killed because you are a walking "Leave me till M/LYLO so you can win" sign for scum.

~D
Why would I try to get nightkilled? Sorry but that’s totally whacked. Not that I won’t but actually TRY to do that? What makes so sure that’s going to happen if I don’t? And according to what your proposing, you’ve just made a compelling case for scum NOT to try and kill me, so how do you think that’s even possible here?

At any rate, you have completely misconstrued what I meant by that. My thoughts on the gamestate keep changing, so how is it in anyway useful or helpful to comment on posts I’ve made and/or being referenced that no longer describe my most current thoughts/reads?

I do however want to clarify that I meant no disrespect to BEF with that comment. The same goes for my comments to Gamma earlier. I didn’t understand why he thought it “shady” to answer for my hydra partner and still don’t.
I try to get nightkilled all the time as a VT - beats losing a power role or risking having me in LyLo - the problem is every time i do it, scum see right through it :(
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:27 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 725, Alchemist21 wrote:

Town lean
Fish
Chick

Nullish/conflicted
BuJaber
Creature
Davesaz

Scum lean
Alchemist
Amzela

No that post is definitely talking about Fish buddying up to Pint. The wagon could have been on anyone and it would still look the same.

DrewVa I’m null on. Seemed to me that the main reason Nancy got scumread was because of how she reacted to her wagon and then got mad when people questioned if her rage was genuine. I’m not disputing the idea that she could fake emotion as scum but on the other hand emotional people tend to get even more emotional when their feelings are doubted so I don’t see how the rage is something that can’t come from Town.
I never fake my emotions but I do get upset at being wrongly scumread. It particularly weirded me out to have had 3 votes on us, before I even had made a single post. I probably shouldn’t have gotten so upset considering I actually was scum in Overkill 1 and that just happens to be the nature of the beast. I lied about things that I’m telling the truth about here but it’s unreasonable for me to expect anyone who was in that game, to be able to tell the difference. \_0_/
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:38 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 733, profii wrote:
NEVER

ARE

~D

I try to get nightkilled all the time as a VT - beats losing a power role or risking having me in LyLo - the problem is every time i do it, scum see right through it :(
I actually was in a game where I actively tried to do this. I was widely townread to some extent but not to the point of scum actually wanting to kill me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@MOD: What about roles like Ninja, which are typically considered bastard due to how they influence another's role to operate on what is essentially a moderator lie?
IE: A tracker gets a MOD CONFIRMED no targets visited from a Ninja who definitely visited someone.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Wisdom »

ninja aint bastard
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Ninja is even considered normal according to wiki
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by hebichan »

yeah, its about as much fuckery as a miller or godfather.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 733, profii wrote:
NEVER

ARE

~D

Same.

Scum like to kill me no matter what. It’s been a long time since I haven’t been night killed tbh.

I think scum are afraid of my natural charisma.

(I should also probably stop replying until I catch up, but I’ve just been keeping tabs on Profii and Hebichan.)
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by hebichan »

I'll post some more at or after work.

Right now, liking regfan.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Varsoon is just trying to catch the Mod in a lie about not lying when lying is necessary in mafia as a mod at times.
farside
farside
Goon
farside
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by farside »

Im really sorry to do this but
mod please replace me

I joined this for selfish reasons and I realized today I'm using this as a crux to avoid doing things IRL.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 743, farside wrote:Im really sorry to do this but
mod please replace me

I joined this for selfish reasons and I realized today I'm using this as a crux to avoid doing things IRL.
That's a shame, but as an "avoiding responsabilities expert", I congratulate you for recognizing the problem. Good luck!

A50, bring the duck here, I demand it
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

mod please replace me

<3 Farside, I hope things get better for you.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 615, Thor665 wrote:
In post 496, davesaz wrote:
In post 75, Thor665 wrote:That felt slimy to me.
You should probably sheep this wagon Cheeky.
I saw this but missed the opportunity back then to ask what was slimy.
What is verrrrrrry interesting about RCE getting a townread on Cheeky for calling out a post that was hedging?
It was sort of an empty pandery post the implied work while not actually being work.
I wasn't sure which post you were referring to, thanks.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 645, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 433, profii wrote: The important bit is now when people start asking me questions as I will get a feel for what people like or don’t like about the list so yeah that’s kinda my plan - I’m pretty new to games with so many players so I’m kinda trying to draw some conversation my way to get involved
This is what I was quoting about profii, by the way.
I agree with pintu's past couple posts about profii's list.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Amzela »

mod please replace me

Take care Farside! We all do it every sometimes so no shame.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well there goes one of the hypes people on the playerlist for me
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”