Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 pm

Post by Tails »

RR made note that Thor was acting more like his scum self in that game, so maybe not? Also, I think we have a few more strong personalities in this game.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Post by profii »

In post 700, DrewVa wrote:
In post 698, pinturicchio wrote:Massclaim is discouraged this game 'cause scum has fakeclaims made specially for them
3- This game most certainly canNot be broken by flavor-gaming or mass claiming. (I will still advise against the practice though)

4- If you didn't get it: All anti-Town players have been provided with proper fake claims.
I wonder if those fake claims involve flavour.
He says no flavour gaming but I was able to help solve Labrynth based on the fake flavour connection between scum!Chick and scum!rando in that one.

Alright I see now how claiming anything just helps scum. :/
In post 702, DrewVa wrote:
P.edit, Obviously they involve fake flavours
but does that necessarily mean that flavour gaming is impossible? Fake flavour probably has some connection to true flavour. Like scum!random was Jareth but his fake flavour was the wise man and Jareth had appeared previously in the guise of an owl.

How did you go from wondering if fake claims involve flavour, to obviously they involve flavour, whilst P. editing and no one posting in between those 2 posts (expect you)

I'm probably derping - but I asked A50 what provided fake claims meant, because i dont ever play theme games so he told me it was indeed fake flavours... I'm sure I'm derping and everyone is going to be like 'yeah in theme it's obvious it would be fake flavour - especially as someone mentioned overkill 1 got broke by flavour claim'

but as a newbie to themes i had to ask and the way you posted makes it seem like you TMI'd then corrected yourself...
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by profii »

from the multi ball discussion - I got invited to the game (RCE was copied in) and wasn't told multiball specifically but was told this should be a quick game - I'm not going to quote the PM verbatim as it is probably a grey area and was also worded non-specifically... but I'd expect either a very large scum team to finish the game quickly or multiball. Given the kill restrictions and short game estimate I'm going multiball.

My gut is telling me Wisdom vs Drew is TvS but I dunno which to vote for
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:26 pm

Post by Wisdom »

If youre assuming multiball why do you not assume SvS
What is it that makes one of us strictly town
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:31 pm

Post by profii »

nothing, you are right
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by Fortian »

In post 760, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 758, hebichan wrote:Creature literally said he had a test today.
Same question for you. Do you think Wisdom is a good candidate to push right now?
Hey Pintu, I've been enjoying your posts and thought processes so far! But I am interested in why you imply to hebichan that Wisdom is not a good candidate to push.
In post 767, Tails wrote:
In post 606, Fortian wrote:I disagree that Profii's list makes them town, but I do respect your interpretation. I would argue that a reads list such as that can look like "work" without actually having much effort put into it. And my initial scumread on Profii largely came from their early posts, particularly their first posts appearing to be an attempt to "fit in" rather than natural conversation, as well as their response to me. I do not have feelings as strong in regards to profii's later posts though.
I would think scum would try to make a more complete reads list. That would be looking like work too, but also look like a larger contribution. I didn't see that with profii's list.
Fair point. I think that as either alignment, people will be limited by the amount of effort they want to put in. Whether they are town or scum, profii did not put extra effort beyond what the simple reads list post required (and fair enough tbh). I just don't see the reads list itself as all that relevant to profii's alignment.
In post 779, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 777, Wisdom wrote:gamma talk to us
any reads?
Meh probably not beyond what I’ve described
Given this is multiball barring A50 making a red herring, I’m favoring scumhunting over townhunting rn
Interestingly, we are more inclined to townhunt, but that could more be explained by different styles of play I suppose.

--

I do not explicitly townread profii yet, however I don't feel the same way that I did before.

Time for a new vote.

UNVOTE: profii
VOTE: Chickadee
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:02 am

Post by Tails »

In post 608, BuJaber wrote:5 page challenge (it's all you need to find at least 1 scum):

Read pages 1 to 5 and tell me who scum is.
Well, obviously you think RCE. Out of the first 5 pages, the only thing that sticks out to me on a reread is his sudden declaration that Cheeky was town when Cheeky hadn't done anything. Thor caught that too, and then RCE pivots from Thor and Cheeky ignores Thor's attempts to get her to join the wagon. Hebi is meh. RR's entrance still reads bad, but later posts make up for it. I see what you're saying on Fort, but I'm not convinced that means scum. RCE and Hebi look the worst out of those 5 pages, with an outside chance of Cheeky. I need more information on that last, though.

How about you stop beating around the bush, though, and go into more depth?
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:08 am

Post by Tails »

@Fort: Did you notice that Cheeky started to put together a list in the same manner as profii?
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Fortian »

I did notice that post from Cheeky but did not really relate it to profii's list post.

Do you think it to be significant?

-DV
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:30 am

Post by Tails »

Not sure yet.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:31 am

Post by Tails »

I looked back and compared timing. It may just be coincidence.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:32 am

Post by profii »

what did you think of BEF doing a similar list
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:33 am

Post by profii »

fake edit
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:36 am

Post by Tails »

I mean making it in the same way a la doing skim ISOs then assigning places.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:37 am

Post by Tails »

I don't think I paid much attention to Fishy's list as much. I just noticed him reading through a lot of pages really quickly.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:01 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 839, Tails wrote:I don't think I paid much attention to Fishy's list as much. I just noticed him reading through a lot of pages really quickly.
Yeah, I was reading quickly.
That list I made as I was reading through that set of pages and only listed the names of those active during those 10 pages or so.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:22 am

Post by Chickadee »

Won’t be around today for the holiday.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:59 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 841, Chickadee wrote:Won’t be around today for the holiday.
Same.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:34 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 830, Fortian wrote:
Same question for you. Do you think Wisdom is a good candidate to push right now?
Hey Pintu, I've been enjoying your posts and thought processes so far! But I am interested in why you imply to hebichan that Wisdom is not a good candidate to push.
Right back atcha.

Wisdom seems like a player that won't change his style even if he gets some pressure on his shoulders, so we won't get more information by voting him. Do you think we would be able to lynch Wisdom, even if he was our best bet? Same with DrewVa. I think those two will be better solved after this day.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:35 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 756, BuJaber wrote:@nancy - I'm not pro-massclaim.. I was talking to RR specifically about overkill 1 that's all. I agree with varsoon regarding this. I'd love to play in a mountainous also.
There was this awesome game, The Ditto, on MU awhile back. Creature was in it too. It had this really cool mechanic where scum had the option to kill a slot and replace into it. It was mountanous, flipless and obviously anonymous as well. Unfortunately, despite having an awesome setup, it tanked due to having the wrong playerlist.

On the upside, some of the acting - one scum hillariously impersonating another player - made it a fun read, despite that.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:41 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 767, Tails wrote:
In post 606, Fortian wrote:I disagree that Profii's list makes them town, but I do respect your interpretation. I would argue that a reads list such as that can look like "work" without actually having much effort put into it. And my initial scumread on Profii largely came from their early posts, particularly their first posts appearing to be an attempt to "fit in" rather than natural conversation, as well as their response to me. I do not have feelings as strong in regards to profii's later posts though.
I would think scum would try to make a more complete reads list. That would be looking like work too, but also look like a larger contribution. I didn't see that with profii's list.
I was in a game on MU and wrongly scumread Cheeky for making a complete readslist, early on D1. I think individual meta is probably a more useful indicator for that sort of thing.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:45 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 784, Amzela wrote:
In post 774, Tails wrote:
In post 656, Amzela wrote:
In post 471, Tails wrote:But seriously, I hope RR is keeping track and seeing what I'm seeing.
This scares me.
Your boyfriend is mine! Mine! And you can never have him back!
Muwahahaha!
*Ahem*
Anyway, want to go a little deeper on that?
I will have you know that I am the most adorable tiny Asian chick you have ever seen and I will defeat you and win back my boy with the power of God, anime, and a moon prism.

But in all seriousness, RR just has a habit of scaring me when they see something and I don't. Nothing out of the normal, just typical fear.

~~
Re: @Cheeky, because I do like responding to people even though it's not my turn.

TIL:
1. It is almost impossible to get caught up and track everything and keep things organized.
2. Gut feeling has always worked for me anyways.

I have a feeling that Farside/Alonzo, FL, BrightEyedFish, and Toogeloo are town.
Farside/Alonzo - solving a lot
FL - vote's switched a bit, haven't completely flushed it out, but it's enough and the people I've seen aren't related enough, but it's a preemptive reading.
BEF - also seems to solve alot
Toog - not sure what a hammer does but he seems to be pretty distant and not throwing himself all around?

I feel that DrewVa is scum and that the whole thing with Nancy and Wisdom is staged (sorry Nancy, don't want to invalidate your feelings)
RR because of the original posting of BEF and the fact that I don't believe there was any explanation for the switch in techniques outside to throw people off and Cerb is way too rational to just fuck with people. At least in Mafia.
I was going to throw DrewVa's list from somewhere in the 300-400s as also there, but I have a bad feeling.

But I really, really have a bad feeling about Thor.

VOTE: Thor

~~

And nooooooooooooow... to be the newbie.

What is pocketing? And what is multiballing/singleballing?
Why is Thor scum here? I think I will probably anti-sheep any of your votes in this game.

~Nancy
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:52 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 806, hebichan wrote:
In post 801, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 798, hebichan wrote:
Yup. Even more so after the multi/singleball comments.
Why does suggesting singleball make Wisdom more likely scum than town it 3p?

Could be third party. The way he was interacting made it feel like he could be hunting for opposing scum.
Wow, we are kind of mindmelding in this game. This would explain alot about Wisdom’s weirdness in this game.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:58 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 811, Tails wrote:
In post 807, RCEnigma wrote:I see, Tails who were your scumreads again?
You and Drewmba. Could be sold on Fishsticks. Everyone else is separated into likely town piles or don't care piles. I could jump on anyone in the don't care piles if you paid me enough.
In post 807, RCEnigma wrote: What do you think about the 3p reads on wisdom?
Definitely scum somewhere in there. That's not a natural thought to come from town.
We are not scum here, Tails. I know I said the same think in Overkill 1 but this time, it’s actually true. I know, it’s pointless saying that and why but it’s still frustrating. :/
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:00 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 814, Tails wrote:Not with that reaction. She wouldn't have backed off Wisdom earlier if that was the case.

It also depends on whether the mod gave the lyncher a player name or flavor name. Last game it was a flavor name.
No, this time I rolled town and if I’m extremely lucky, I might even be able to prove it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”