Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 969, Majiffy wrote:Drixx you're being a grade-A asshole here and it's definitely crossed from unintentional slight to willingly disrespectful and distracting to the game. Stand down on the attacks.
Winner, winner; chicken dinner!

~Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:18 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 964, Varsoon wrote:@DrewVA: How's Cheeky's suggestion of not interacting with you because you push her buttons different from your suggestion that Drixx not interact with you because Drixx pushes your buttons?
Because all I did was ask her to back up her accusation. Her reaction seemed over the top and seemed like she was backing off, so she didn’t have to answer my question.

She said I was doing the same thing here as in last game. That is not true at all, so I asked her to back up her accusation. It just seemed very convenient of her to just throw shade at me, then hide.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:19 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 971, DrewVa wrote:I’m not upset with you at all, I just think you might have rolled scum here.
Well I'm town and I could be misreading your tone but I feel like you're purposefully trying to wind me up because you know you'll get a reaction. Like you jumped to the conclusion I'm lying and calling my read bs instead of trying to understand where I'm coming from which frustrates the shizz out of me.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 972, CheekyTeeky wrote:Maybe AtE is the wrong term - more like emotionally manipulative.
Did I ever threaten to replace out in that game, specifically because of what another player was saying to me? That’s what your post seem to be suggesting.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:25 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 978, DrewVa wrote:
In post 972, CheekyTeeky wrote:Maybe AtE is the wrong term - more like emotionally manipulative.
Did I ever threaten to replace out in that game, specifically because of what another player was saying to me? That’s what your post seem to be suggesting.
No I was suggesting that you seemed to have held the thread hostage unnessarily attacking RR's character in a similar way (which I see as emotionally manipulative) to what I saw from you last game when you were scum. I feel like the replace out threat is just an escalation to whatever it is you're trying to achieve by continuing to turn a small thing into a big talking point.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:25 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 973, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 971, DrewVa wrote:
In post 962, CheekyTeeky wrote:Zzz. This is an exact repeat of last game. You misunderstand me, get nasty and make me back off just by flipping everything on me. I'm sorry you rolled scum/SK again.

VOTE: DrewVa
How am I being nasty? You shade me suspiciously and when I ask you to back that up, you freak out about it. You accused me of doing the exact same thing in this game as in the last one. If you find me proof, I’ll take my vote off of you. I’m not upset with you at all, I just think you might have rolled scum here.
Why is your read on her controlled by whether or not she finds prood that satisfies you?
-Cerb
It just seemed weird to me that she shades me and as soon as I ask for evidence, she tells me “I push her buttons” and that we should ignore each other. Like why wouldn’t she think I would ask her to backup what she’s saying? I would if the situation was reversed. Her being upset at me and calling me “nasty” is also dafuq? Drixx saying that to me isn’t scummy but Cheeky OTOH, absolutely.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:29 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 947, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok prepare to be amazed:

{Farside/Alonzo, Fortain, Profii}
{Fish, Chick, Gamma, Hebichan, Pint, RCE, Tails, Varsoon, Wisdom, RR}
{Creature, Davesaz, Malakitty}
{BuJaber, Flavorleaf, Alchemist, Majiffy, Thor}
{Amzela, DrippingGoofball, DrewVa}
Actually Creature can be scum btw.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:31 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 980, DrewVa wrote:It just seemed weird to me that she shades me and as soon as I ask for evidence, she tells me “I push her buttons” and that we should ignore each other. Like why wouldn’t she think I would ask her to backup what she’s saying? I would if the situation was reversed. Her being upset at me and calling me “nasty” is also dafuq? Drixx saying that to me isn’t scummy but Cheeky OTOH, absolutely.
I guess I brought my frustration from the last game to this game. Sorry. I will reevalute at some point.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 981, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 947, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok prepare to be amazed:

{Farside/Alonzo, Fortain, Profii}
{Fish, Chick, Gamma, Hebichan, Pint, RCE, Tails, Varsoon, Wisdom, RR}
{Creature, Davesaz, Malakitty}
{BuJaber, Flavorleaf, Alchemist, Majiffy, Thor}
{Amzela, DrippingGoofball, DrewVa}
Actually Creature can be scum btw.
Qft atm, with notice to not be swayed if he suddenly starts posting and shit.
-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:46 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 974, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 967, DrewVa wrote:
In post 960, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 946, DrewVa wrote:
In post 939, CheekyTeeky wrote:Oh god please let it just be this page that you people are garbaging with your irrelevant posts. Drewva needs to get over themselves and is probably scum because Nancy pulled the same AtE garbage on me last game. Anyway sifting through more isos now.
That is a complete lie. When did I ever threaten to replace out because of what you or anyone else said? Find me the quotes. I’m waiting.
Here you go:
In post 860, DrewVa wrote:If you won’t stop this particular line of criticism or let Cerb deal with me, I will replace out. I’m not going to continue to put up with that.
This is a pretty clear ultimatum by you. You threatened that if I didn't do the following things:

1.) Stop criticizing your earlier posts for being circular reasoning and appearing to attempt to leverage meta and emotion into a town read (And I proved this already by quoting you, so stop lying and forcing me to quote your own posts back to you please).

2.) Stop talking to you at all

With the penalty for me refusing to do those things given as: "I will replace out."

Nothing I've said to you has been anywhere even
close
to the line. I've consistently addressed what you are saying and doing and made no commentary about YOU except to call you friend and let you know that I am absolutely not going after you personally. I even offered to show you a place where someone provoked me into going after them which would be me bringing up something uncomfortable and unpleasant and bringing attention to it solely so that you can feel better knowing that I really and legitimately am just talking about what you are SAYING and DOING and making no statements about you personally.

Because ... Mafia is a game of rhetoric and, at least on this site, many people use emotion as a battering ram to leverage people. I simply don't try to make people feel bad and while a game goes on I'm not going to allow any appeals to emotion, no matter whether or not I believe they are completely genuine and sincere, impact me. Too many people have taken advantage of making things "personal" for gain.

And yes ... I do believe that making a scene and threatening to replace out absolutely is browbeating and bullying. You are putting social pressure on me to shut up and stop calling attention to your behavior. If I give in to that pressure, then the heat comes off you and you have successfully used some arbitrary "You offended me" statement to leverage your way out of the hole you dug for yourself. If I don't (which I simply don't submit to that kind of pressure; I think it's really bad form and so I will always always always double down when presented with it), then you make a further scene and replace out, which I view as an attempt to get people to take sides.

It's really quite dramatic. Which is ironic.

~D

P-Edit: You really think you're some kind of clean and innocent dove here Nancy? You've slung the following personal attacks, at the least: Jerk, ass(hole?), wrong-headed, obtuse. All of them are PERSONAL CHARACTER JUDGMENTS. In contrast, I've been very careful to interact with your behavior without casting stones at you. A large part of that is the benefit of the doubt. I've only really seen you as scum that I can recall, so I am basically just assuming you are scum here and you don't actually behave this way all the time.

I'm sorry but you're just flat out wrong. I'm well on the right side of the written rules and the spirit of those rules. You are the one who is way over the line and you need to stop. I'm seriously losing my patience with your behavior. This is three
consecutive
games now where you have pulled this kind of behavior. Furthermore ... you need to adult a bit and take ownership of your reactions. I have no control over how you take things and you are literally putting an absurd burden of politeness on me. I couldn't possibly be critical of your play and meet the standard you are trying to set.

I'm not trying to be mean here but you need to hear these two things badly:

1.) If you really cannot handle people suspecting you and being critical of your PLAY, then you probably need to work on that. I don't know any nicer way to say this and know that you'll understand.

2.) If your slot is scum, I am absolutely going to report you after this game. That would make 3 consecutive games that you were in with me where you were scum and used dirty emotional manipulation to further your win con, including personal attacks in each game. That's not okay.
Um Drixx, my response to Cheeky was requesting she back up her bs accusation from Overkill 1, not THIS game. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings, I tried to get through to you and you wouldn’t listen. I am not scum and you were really freaking me out. When someone begs you to stop doing something that’s legit hurting them - irrespective whether or not you think their reaction makes sense to you, you need to stop and consider if there was a less upsetting way to get that same point across. If you want to discuss it sometime PRIVATELY post-game, I guarantee I can make you understand but it’s not something I care to get into here.
I'd be happy to talk after game. I'm sure A50 would make a PT for us and make sure we don't go off the rails.

What I really need you to understand in the time between now and then is this: You are setting way to wide and unreasonable an expectation. Sometimes people will say something that impacts you in an unusually hard manner which they cannot anticipate. You have said that's what happened here. Also please notice that I haven't gone back to the two specific things you pointed out since you pointed them out. The line, for me, is the actual things that I know will inflict hurt for no good reason (and there's few to no good reasons to hurt someone over a forum mafia game). That's the line. You can't block off entire portions of a game because something tangential to them was uncomfortable.

Obviously I don't go around trying to hurt people. Anyone who has played with me or talked to me at all will vouch. I view personal attacks as a measure of absolute last resort, and then only to get someone's attention. They serve no other useful function. Nobody gains a benefit from it.

Anyway ... I think we're reasonably well of the same viewpoint here. We understand one another and can continue and work it out after the game.

Now ... back to our regularly schedule massacre of the scums.

~D
:lol:

I see that. Based on what limited interactions I’ve had with either of you, I don’t think you’d ever do anything like that as scum. Most people wouldn’t I think, however I have encountered some really mean scum. Yeah, there are certain lines I would never cross to win a game and I am truly sorry for what I said. I just didn’t know how to deal with it. I really need to work on this. I know I need to find a better way of dealing with being upset in games. Anyway, we don’t need a PT, we can also talk on Discord if you have it.

I’m really glad we resolved this.
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Fortian »

Just going to get some ~quick thoughts~ down.

In agreement with RR in that I think Profis reaction towards the dayvig thing here comes from scum significantly more often than not; can sort of see it being a situation where he'd sort of been told to make a post from his partners and ended up with that whole "If I'm not dead we should lynch Varsoon" which I don't really believe to be a real thought at all, particularly since he'd town read Varsoon earlier on and it not being a real dayvig can easily fit under reaction-test here.

The whole DrewVa v RR thing is a fucking chore to read through, in fact Drew v Anyone is just incredibly infuriating to have to read. Even moreso since I'm very confident that Drews town here and think that they're still just being a huge distraction to any real relevant scumhunting. Can I ask that people involved in this at least try and minimise their focus here for a bit, we're ~3 days into the game, it's at ~40 pages and about ~20 of those are about the one player in a 26 player game. Really unhelpful now, really unhelpful for those trying to catch up, and going to make rereading near impossible.

I'm pretty much working with a town pool of Toog/Drew/Tails/Pint/Varsoon/RR at the moment. I've got a weakish town read on Amzela that I'm going to want DV to sanity check me on, but is mostly based on thinking their stance and angle re; the RR vote is unlikely to come from them as scum here.

-Regfan
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:55 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 985, Fortian wrote:I'm very confident that Drews town here
Help me see it.
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Fortian »

Also pretty happy with DV's vote on Chickadee here, think her posting so far is very devoid of actual content/stances/game-related things and feels like she's mostly only comfortable to chime in on NAI type things or things related directly to herself here.

Mostly a note for myself, but I need to devote some time to actually look at RCE/FL/BEF properly, it's something I've mostly been putting off. If anyone has a strong read on either of those players either direction, I'd really appreciate you actually running through it for me.

-Regfan
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 911, Varsoon wrote:Yeah profii your vote is bad and you should feel bad
Anyway
Daykill : Profii
Hasta la vista baby
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Fortian »

In post 986, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 985, Fortian wrote:I'm very confident that Drews town here
Help me see it.
Can do, I'll carve out some time this weekend and run through that read alongside with some of my other stronger town reads.

If you get some time to do some casual reading, this game is a fairly good read re; feeling like this situation and this game is miles away from how Nancy played as scum there; tonally/activitiy-wise/frustration level, it's just not even remotely the same and the way she went about handling Lissa there (Someone that scum read her when she was scum) just isn't even remotely comparable to people in this game.

-Regfan
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:01 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 977, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 971, DrewVa wrote:I’m not upset with you at all, I just think you might have rolled scum here.
Well I'm town and I could be misreading your tone but I feel like you're purposefully trying to wind me up because you know you'll get a reaction. Like you jumped to the conclusion I'm lying and calling my read bs instead of trying to understand where I'm coming from which frustrates the shizz out of me.
How am I trying to wind you up? I just didn’t think what happening between me and Drixx, was at all similar to anything that happened last game and true, I was kind of being a bitch to you in that game. I could tell you were upset about Tails. So, maybe I shouldn’t be a hypocrite here and claim to take the high road as scum but I wouldn’t react the way I did to Drixx for scumreading me. In Heroes, I flipped out at Tora - not for scumreading me but for something he said about another player’s comments to me in a different game, that resulted in my choking and getting mislynched.

I just wondered why you responded with the pushing buttons comment. So, maybe I misunderstood? I guess it’s fair that it’s not unreasonable of you to misread me in this game.

UNVOTE:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:07 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 987, Fortian wrote:Also pretty happy with DV's vote on Chickadee here, think her posting so far is very devoid of actual content/stances/game-related things and feels like she's mostly only comfortable to chime in on NAI type things or things related directly to herself here.
This is pretty typical of town chick ime. I found Mini 2022 as an example of her scum game, I've yet to experience it directly but you can see that as scum she's motivated to appear townie/solve-y.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:08 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ok truce.

VOTE: DrippingGoofball
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What’s the difference
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:22 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 126, profii wrote:Let’s see if he wants to help us with those hurt tags

VOTE: RCEnigma

Kinda wanna push hebi and RCE at the same time but alas one thing at a time
In post 129, profii wrote:Because hebi got off after earlier saying likely scum in me/RCE/FL
In post 423, profii wrote:
In post 422, RCEnigma wrote:Profii is your RR read just on tone? Also I'm gonna open a can of worms, why is Thor town?
On RR perhaps the tone biased me a bit but I feel like the suggesting a random lynch followed by pick a scum in this pool of players was enough to pass my low threshold

Thor I feel ok to town bin him because his iso seemed to be thinking the way I am thinking and I caught him as scum before so if he is dumping me I feel confident enough to spot it
In post 993, Gamma Emerald wrote:
What’s the difference
I feel the same but I think Nancy interpreted my saying her AtE is the same as last game as: she AtE'd by threatening to rep out last game too which wasn't my point so...clarity?

What's your point lol.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:22 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Oh dammit the quote button is against me. Sorry was saving those for myself.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:37 am

Post by profii »

Ok I’ve arrived

The reason day vig is scum is I’ve said imma cop someone twice. Granted I fake PR on day 1 to get night killed but if you are happy to shoot a potential cop without second thought then you should really be questioned from here on in
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:39 am

Post by profii »

In post 968, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 948, profii wrote:Btw I’m about to head off but if Varsoon is not a day vig then we should lynch him - will explain when I arrive and can get access to a keyboard... 110 miles to go do couple hours
This is a bad look man. Disappearing and then beetlejuiceing back in with this "just in case it was a reaction test" post. Eww.

~D
You are one to call people on what looks bad :lol:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:40 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 996, profii wrote:Ok I’ve arrived

The reason day vig is scum is I’ve said imma cop someone twice. Granted I fake PR on day 1 to get night killed but if you are happy to shoot a potential cop without second thought then you should really be questioned from here on in
You said if Varsoon isn't the dayvig then he's scum but now you're saying if he is the dayvig that he's scum? I'm confused.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:42 am

Post by profii »

I forgot who it was

I mean the reason Varsoon is scum is bla bla bla

I’m assuming I’m not dying here

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”