Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1024, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ohhh I've just worked out Alonzo's crumbed flavour I think.
Is he Terminator 2 Stallone from Last Action Hero?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Wait Toog is in this game?? Lol. You can be null.

Pedit I was thinking The Expendables.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 64, Toogeloo wrote:I am reporting that I have a negative utility to town.
I can ONLY hammer, and if I place a vote that isn't the hammer, I will be modkilled.

---
I will openly claim now as well. I am THE Sylvester Stallone. I am not one of his characters he's played, but the actual person as my role. As the actual person, I must have final say in the lynch," i.e. I can only hammer. Don't ask why the mod chose to make my role and flavor as it is, I don't know. Don't ask me to vote if it's not the hammer, it won't happen.
Is this legit?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Toog prove your role and vote me :P
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Alonzo »

64 seems kind of freaky given the mods very extensive OP claiming we would all be Stallone Characters
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1022, profii wrote:I haven’t claimed anything
“I’m a cop you idiot” is a quote from an arnie film - I was continuing the joke from Alonzos Arnie quote
I’m confused now. Are you walking back your cop claim?
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Damn, Pocketed by the meme.

Il be back
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1028, CheekyTeeky wrote:Toog prove your role and vote me :P
Vo-

-oh wait... I see what you're trying to do.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

:lol:
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1023, Toogeloo wrote:meh, I didn't mean to double post the first quote, but whatever.

... Also, I am totally team Drixx here in regards to the Nancy v. Drixx meanie contest. Short of someone being obscene, a bigot, or literally trolling to piss someone off, you should be prepared and put on your big boy/girl panties and know there will be slights against your character and playstyle in Mafia. I'd do the same in Drixx's shoes, and Nancy has a history of AtE, so it was a perfectly valid argument by Drixx.
Based on what you said to Math in Heroes, like Wisdom, this doesn’t surprise me but Drixx and me have resolved things and Fort has reqursted people stfu about it, so why do you feel the need to still add your two cents to this? Just focus on the damn game, kthanx. :roll:
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 761, Alonzo wrote:I LOVE Sylvester Stallone!!

'GET TO THAAA CHOPAAAA'

Brilliant.
He’s a pilot? @Cheeky
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by profii »

In post 1031, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1022, profii wrote:I haven’t claimed anything
“I’m a cop you idiot” is a quote from an arnie film - I was continuing the joke from Alonzos Arnie quote
I’m confused now. Are you walking back your cop claim?
Technically I’ve only ever suggested I might be a cop - I never claimed it
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I think I believe Toog and the way he's gone about his claim. I don't think he's Scum/SK but like maybe a survivor? It would be weird if he was part of the town since we all got different acting roles.

Pedit maybe? I think it was more a "movie with Arnie" crumb.

Pedit ninjad
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by DrewVa »

I made a really obscure crumb based on the meaning of my character’s surname. I doubt that anyone will figure it out.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1038, CheekyTeeky wrote:I think I believe Toog and the way he's gone about his claim. I don't think he's Scum/SK but like maybe a survivor? It would be weird if he was part of the town since we all got different acting roles.

Pedit maybe? I think it was more a "movie with Arnie" crumb.

Pedit ninjad
Escape Plan was the only Stallone movie I could find with Schwarzenegger in it.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Oh I thought they were in The Expendables together as well. Will look at Escape plan.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by profii »

I dunno about finding movies with them together - when Alonzo made the first get in da choppa post I was like - lols apparently I’m not the only one who confuses the 2 then - and totally assumed it was a joke
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 1024, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ohhh I've just worked out Alonzo's crumbed flavour I think.
In post 1035, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1023, Toogeloo wrote:meh, I didn't mean to double post the first quote, but whatever.

... Also, I am totally team Drixx here in regards to the Nancy v. Drixx meanie contest. Short of someone being obscene, a bigot, or literally trolling to piss someone off, you should be prepared and put on your big boy/girl panties and know there will be slights against your character and playstyle in Mafia. I'd do the same in Drixx's shoes, and Nancy has a history of AtE, so it was a perfectly valid argument by Drixx.
Based on what you said to Math in Heroes, like Wisdom, this doesn’t surprise me but Drixx and me have resolved things and Fort has reqursted people stfu about it, so why do you feel the need to still add your two cents to this? Just focus on the damn game, kthanx. :roll:
TIL: People in Mafia get super salty.
In post 981, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 947, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok prepare to be amazed:

{Farside/Alonzo, Fortain, Profii}
{Fish, Chick, Gamma, Hebichan, Pint, RCE, Tails, Varsoon, Wisdom, RR}
{Creature, Davesaz, Malakitty}
{BuJaber, Flavorleaf, Alchemist, Majiffy, Thor}
{Amzela, DrippingGoofball, DrewVa}
Actually Creature can be scum btw.
@Cheeky, pardon my ignorance but what does this mean?
In post 965, Reasonably Rational wrote:
Fundamental Attribution Error:
I believe you are falling prey to this particular cognitive bias when it comes to interacting with me. (This is giving you a gigantic benefit of the doubt, but that seems reasonable to me at this juncture). I can provide you with links to studies and in depth evidence of this, but I'll start with a quote from a fantastic bit of writing which gives a fairly decent basic summary of the bias:
Suppose you come into work and see your colleague kicking his desk. You think, 'what an angry person he must be'. Your colleague is thinking about how someone bumped him into a wall on the way to work and then shouted at him.
Anyone
would be angry at that, he thinks. When we look at others we see personality traits that explain their behaviour, but when we look at ourselves we see circumstances that explain our behaviour. People's stories make internal sense to them, from the inside, but we don't see people's histories trailing behind them in the air. We only see them in one situation, and we don't see what they would be like in a different situation. So the fundamental attribution error is that we explain by permanent, enduring traits what would be better explained by circumstance and context.
Understanding this is one of the bedrock foundations of rationalism and interacting with other rational agents.

~Drixx

P.S. - Anyone interested in an entertaining and easy to understand introduction to the basic ideas of rationalism should definitely check out hpmor.com
@RR;Drixx Amateur psychologist here (hello psych degree from college). I think it also slights against you, as I haven't seen a lot empathy. It's an apparently-known feature of Nancy that she over-reacts. I do believe you understand the word histrionic and, contextualization aside, it does bring some hefty connotations especially when it seems like she was already up in arms with regards to people questioning her emotions. Nevertheless +1 points for whipping out social psych.

With regards to pegging you as scum, I take it back. I misread and apparently you do things randomly as town. Going to defer to Varsoon from now on and he pegs you as town.

UNVOTE:
In post 985, Fortian wrote:Just going to get some ~quick thoughts~ down.

In agreement with RR in that I think Profis reaction towards the dayvig thing here comes from scum significantly more often than not; can sort of see it being a situation where he'd sort of been told to make a post from his partners and ended up with that whole "If I'm not dead we should lynch Varsoon" which I don't really believe to be a real thought at all, particularly since he'd town read Varsoon earlier on and it not being a real dayvig can easily fit under reaction-test here.

The whole DrewVa v RR thing is a fucking chore to read through, in fact Drew v Anyone is just incredibly infuriating to have to read. Even moreso since I'm very confident that Drews town here and think that they're still just being a huge distraction to any real relevant scumhunting. Can I ask that people involved in this at least try and minimise their focus here for a bit, we're ~3 days into the game, it's at ~40 pages and about ~20 of those are about the one player in a 26 player game. Really unhelpful now, really unhelpful for those trying to catch up, and going to make rereading near impossible.

I'm pretty much working with a town pool of Toog/Drew/Tails/Pint/Varsoon/RR at the moment. I've got a weakish town read on Amzela that I'm going to want DV to sanity check me on, but is mostly based on thinking their stance and angle re; the RR vote is unlikely to come from them as scum here.

-Regfan
:]

@Regfan/everyone, what exactly is dayvigging? A50 explained the vigilante role to me but what does dayvigging do and how do we know? I take it that A50/ruru would post something?
In post 996, profii wrote:Ok I’ve arrived

The reason day vig is scum is I’ve said imma cop someone twice. Granted I fake PR on day 1 to get night killed but if you are happy to shoot a potential cop without second thought then you should really be questioned from here on in
In post 1012, profii wrote:
In post 1011, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 988, Alonzo wrote:
In post 911, Varsoon wrote:Yeah profii your vote is bad and you should feel bad
Anyway
Daykill : Profii
Hasta la vista baby
This feels like TMI.
I’m a cop you idiot
Wait, just to make absolutely, completely sure (sorry for redundancy)
@Profii are you claiming the role of cop?

(Also what's the difference between a hard claim and a soft claim? And what's the difference between a claim and a suggestion? And is claiming crumbing or is crumbing a way to figure out roles/sides? Also, how the hell does crumbing work?)
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Amzela »

shit.
VOTE: Thor

Going back to my original thoughts.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1042, profii wrote:I dunno about finding movies with them together - when Alonzo made the first get in da choppa post I was like - lols apparently I’m not the only one who confuses the 2 then - and totally assumed it was a joke
Could be but it seems deliberate since it's happened more than once. I didn't like his hasta la vista comment if it wasn't a badly timed crumb. If you do die, I'll be looking very closely at him.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by profii »

hard claim would be me saying

hard claim: i am 100% no jokes a cop.

a soft claim would be where i am suggesting to the group i am the cop - possibly a crumb for later, possibly because I want scum to think I'm a cop and shoot me for some reason tonight - potentially if i was bullet proof or a useless VT etc.

I've not hard claimed.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1043, Amzela wrote:@Cheeky, pardon my ignorance but what does this mean?
It's a tiered readslist -

{Town}
{Town lean}
{Null/no idea}
{Scum lean}
{Scum}
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by profii »

In post 1045, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 1042, profii wrote:I dunno about finding movies with them together - when Alonzo made the first get in da choppa post I was like - lols apparently I’m not the only one who confuses the 2 then - and totally assumed it was a joke
Could be but it seems deliberate since it's happened more than once. I didn't like his hasta la vista comment if it wasn't a badly timed crumb. If you do die, I'll be looking very closely at him.
i just want to be put out of my misery rn - i have my own personal PT and I'm keeping notes page by page on everyone, I cant be bothered to update rn for obvious reasons but I'm way behind now and it was working quite well i thought :(
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by profii »

Oh and to explain day vig

If you know a vig role is a dude who can shoot in the night phase - a day vig just does it in the day phase as per that previous post

However - it is occasionally used as a ploy to make the target believe they’ve been killed, so they come out and say “oh hey you got me i was ___” when in fact they’ve not been shot at all but they reveal their role/alignment whatever

In this instance I’m making you wait for mod confirmation because I don’t think Varsoon is a real day vig

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”