Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

Persivul replaces TexdoesHalo.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Persivul »

Hello. Thanksgiving, so will look at it tomorrow.
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

Votecount 1.11:

Bji: 2 (Garmr, Irrelephant11)
Persivul: 3 (Sashaddin, Skitter30, Clemency)
L-2

Creature: 2 (bji, ReaperOfSouls)

If this is incorrect please notify me as to what needs to be changed. I write these by hand and thus mistakes are inevitable.

Not voting: Persivul, Creature

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 will end on December 1st, 2018 at 3:30 PM PST or 8 days, 23 hours, and 33 minutes from this post.

As it's american thanksgiving weekend, no prods will be given out until monday.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:29 pm

Post by Clemency »

the poor soul that has to play the tex slot
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:50 am

Post by Creature »

We screwed
Sigh
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:43 am

Post by Garmr »

So I been watching irrelphant for a while and now I want to give my thoughts on them. This post will be a wall so yeah.

They entered this game with a similar read on raya.
In post 144, Irrelephant11 wrote:The text box I typed into was on the first page (you know they have those on every page, right?) and then it brought me to my post on the last page, where garmr's post sat
then I read the game

I had the same thoughts as Garmr re:Raya involving herself in the early argument (mindmeld this early is reason enough to lightly townread garmr). raya's early play seemed like an easy way to get townread, by playing peacemaker, and I think her explanation since then has been overly long because she's making it up as she goes
that's my whole read on both of them
not sure why providing reads on almost the entire playerlist counts as "so lazy it deserves a lynch either way" (when there's, say, flubber who just *isn't playing* atm), so that's not a good look from you
This originally gave me good vibes about irrelphant. But these two made me question this
In post 172, Irrelephant11 wrote:If your points are reachy, then his point [that you are reachy] is not reachy, correct? Don't love how anyone who interacts with you is clearly supposed to come out looking scummier than you.
Also it should be obvious that "either scum or incompetent town, let's lynch" comes across as a scum read, because I'm not going to assume you think I'm incompetent/worthless town???

I don't know how to read you, but you sure are riling up townies (we can't all be scum), which I'm not loving personally. Which is to say, I'm back to thinking you might be town, but I don't personally like interacting with you at all so far. Seems like you only want to approach this game from a "I don't make mistakes, and scum will out themselves by interacting with me" which is honestly *not* an ideal playstyles imo but probably doesn't deserve a scumread on its own
In post 174, Irrelephant11 wrote:Clemency was also riled up / almost replaced out.

But I'm getting closer to actually townreading you, I think I like a lot of this last post. I'm starting to believe that you believe the things you're saying, and that your pressure on me is just pressure, lacking scum agenda
How do you feel about Garmr piggy-backing on my frustration with you? If I'm town, how do you read him?
These two post clash . He goes from defending a town read (me) to asking what do you think of garmr piggybacking my read while I'm town. The conclusion I would get from a statement like that is garmr is scum but they don't express it latter on. To top it off it's a different standard when they vote raya after my case "it's a mind meld." but when I push bji after it's a piggy back.

This made me take a step back and observe their actions after this. But they haven't really done much and I was waiting to see if they did something else weird before unloading this. I changed my mind after I saw the game basically stall to a stand still through.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:18 am

Post by Clemency »

so tldr elephant good or elephant bad?
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:38 am

Post by Persivul »

Caught up through page 11. Two people that I don't care for at this point are on my slot's wagon. Go figure.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Persivul »

Wow, I'm really freaking curious to see how Tex, who has one post consisting of 12 words, has generated so many votes. Looking forward to my next read...
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:49 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 506, Clemency wrote:so tldr elephant good or elephant bad?
Elephant confusing could be bad. Doesn't seem to be following logical path towards some things. Not really enough to work on which is why I was waiting before.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:51 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 499, Clemency wrote:VOTE: tex
why not
Because voting an inactive slot does nothing to advance the game.

You can't possibly have a scum read on Tex. So, by voting him, you're saying you don't have any scum reads at all. Otherwise you'd be, you know, voting one of them. Scum have difficulty developing scum reads because they don't really have any in a normal. But, they know they're expected to place votes...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 503, Clemency wrote:the poor soul that has to play the tex slot
Why do you say that?
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Clemency »

because tex was a replacement himself for another inactive player
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:20 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 380, Irrelephant11 wrote: I think reaper has been active lurking
Did you check his activity in other threads?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 510, Persivul wrote: Because voting an inactive slot does nothing to advance the game.

You can't possibly have a scum read on Tex. So, by voting him, you're saying you don't have any scum reads at all. Otherwise you'd be, you know, voting one of them. Scum have difficulty developing scum reads because they don't really have any in a normal. But, they know they're expected to place votes...
I just called you scum. No reaction?
In post 512, Clemency wrote:because tex was a replacement himself for another inactive player
Yet you do respond to this one...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Persivul »

I've read the full thread, but haven't done ISOs yet except for clem. At this point:

{garmr, irrelephant (neat name BTW)}
{bji, skitter, sashadin}
{reaper}
{clemency, creature*}

* - I'm biased against creature from past experience and I hate his playstyle, so take that FWIW.

VOTE: Clemency

Read his ISO. He has the highest post count in the game, but practically no original thought. Frequently when a person gets heat on them early in D1 and gets out of it, people have a difficult time getting back to examining that person. Seems to be the case here. Yes, his frustration felt genuine, but both town and scum can get frustrated in that situation, so that's NAI.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Clemency »

well the first one seems like you're quite sure of your point even though it's fairly reachy, and the people in this game should know how i feel about reaches
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Clemency »

i'm very open about the fact that i'm way too spammy and produce no real content, while it's not intentional i try to be transparent about it
i'm open to any pushes towards me though, i'd love to hear out your points and refute them as i see fit
i'm ready to actually play now thanks
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 516, Clemency wrote:well the first one seems like you're quite sure of your point even though it's fairly reachy, and the people in this game should know how i feel about reaches
First, as has been noted multiple times, cases on D1 are necessarily reachy. So, you're technically responding, while actually saying nothing.

Second...what SPECIFICALLY is bad about it? Here it is again:
Because voting an inactive slot does nothing to advance the game.

Do you dispute this?

Examine it piece by piece and explain what's wrong with it.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Sashaddin »

Hi everyone I'm not dead, just had an issue popping up. I asked the mod for a V/LA Wednesday but I guess she didn't give it to me because of the Thxgiving week-end. I'll be back over the week-end, right now I can't do much here.
Welcome to Percivul!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 517, Clemency wrote:i'm very open about the fact that i'm way too spammy and produce no real content, while it's not intentional i try to be transparent about it
Being transparent about it doesn't change the fact that it's an anti-town playstyle. Absent EXTENSIVE (I mean years) playstyle meta, we can't sort people if they don't produce real content.
i'm open to any pushes towards me though, i'd love to hear out your points and refute them as i see fit
i'm ready to actually play now thanks
I thought you'd be ready to actually play around post 300, but better late than never I suppose...
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 499, Clemency wrote:VOTE: tex
why not
i feel like you're just willing to sheep any wagon

==
In post 504, Creature wrote:We screwed
why?

==
In post 508, Persivul wrote:Wow, I'm really freaking curious to see how Tex, who has one post consisting of 12 words, has generated so many votes. Looking forward to my next read...
i think i explained why i'm a little sketchy on your slot:
In post 498, skitter30 wrote:
In post 496, Lady Angel wrote:Seeking a replacement for TexdoesHalo. If I do not have one within 72 hours, the game will be paused until I find a replacement or have to modkill the slot.
i think it's incredibly scum-indicative for this slot to have flaked out twice, especially since tex was so interested in playing that he posted without even being in the player-list but then flaked once he actually got a role pm

VOTE: tex-slot
or, in other words - i don't particularly have a problem with the one post he did make so much as i find *the absence* of other posts scummy after he indicated he was eager to play this game

what do you think of my voting your slot?
(ie why are you pushing clemency in and not, say, me?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 521, skitter30 wrote: or, in other words - i don't particularly have a problem with the one post he did make so much as i find *the absence* of other posts scummy after he indicated he was eager to play this game

what do you think of my voting your slot?
(ie why are you pushing clemency in and not, say, me?
I think your vote is lazy af. Flubber's been arounf the block, so his replace out is NAI. This guy didn't even know how to get in a game. When he came in he was overwhlemed and flaked. Again, NAI. But, I have you as a town lean on your overall activity.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

sometimes the answer really is as simple as: it's just the lurkers

i've had three games recently where the entire scumteam lurked (or, more accurately, two where the entire scumteam lurked and a third where the surviving two members lurked for the four dayphases after the first scum got lynched and they were both lurking the first two days too)

i don't think flubber's rep-out was particularly ai, but i do think that tex was scummy for having indicated he wanted to play (posting on page 1; i'm pretty sure the mod didn't post a replacement request in the replacement thread after flubber repped out, which indicates he indicated to her he was interested in repping in) but disappearing after he got his role pm

like he indicated he wanted to play; i'm not sure why he didn't actually play when he got the oppurtunity to do so and i feel flaking in that circumstance is scum-indicative

talk to me more about why you don't like creature?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 523, skitter30 wrote:sometimes the answer really is as simple as: it's just the lurkers
Sure - but that's what cops, vigs etc. are for.
i don't think flubber's rep-out was particularly ai, but i do think that tex was scummy for having indicated he wanted to play (posting on page 1; i'm pretty sure the mod didn't post a replacement request in the replacement thread after flubber repped out, which indicates he indicated to her he was interested in repping in) but disappearing after he got his role pm

like he indicated he wanted to play; i'm not sure why he didn't actually play when he got the oppurtunity to do so and i feel flaking in that circumstance is scum-indicative
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that everyone who posts /in has indicated they wanted to play. Yet, a lot of them replace out, and a lot of those are town.
talk to me more about why you don't like creature?
Because he spams games with a ton of fluff in a thousand one-line posts. You do NOT want to be in lylo with him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”