Newbie 1902 l Amphibians l Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 74, skitter30 wrote:i'll be around tomorrow, sorry; i've been having a long/busy/stressful weekend
No problem.
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:02 am

Post by YyottaCat »

In post 72, Thespio wrote:
In post 71, YyottaCat wrote:Since overki replaced nousername and I was originally voting nousername,
UNVOTE: skitter30
VOTE: overki
In post 70, YyottaCat wrote:If I answer scum, then I'm basically done
If I answer town, due to the lack of trust I'm still basically done

So I'm just not going to answer anything
What? There’s no jester roll so it doesn’t benifit you to be lynched, why wouldn’t you be willing to answer questions this early?

@notnova good to see you again!
Well, it doesn't benefit me if I do answer, does it?
Either way, I'm still stuck with the scum title

Here's a mafia chart of trust:
Answer/Reply: Scum Town
Scum BN BN
Town NB BB

So, as you can see there, it is only beneficial for me if others think I'm town, but as of for now, that is basically imposible
It is always beneficial for others to choose that I'm scum than town, and since they are trying to lynch me, that is what they will do
I'm just going to end myseslf here and say that I'm scum.
So just stop shouting at my face
I admit it ok?
If you were wrong it's not my fault, because this is what I'm forced to do right now
Show
My signature in 2018-2019:
Fun Fact: This is a fact. Burger king foot lettuce isn't.
Fun Fact: The above fact is a fact.

My thoughts on my signature in 2018-2019:
What in the world even is "Burger king foot lettuce"?
I know what Burger King is but what is foot lettuce?
Is it lettuce made out of feet? Geez, I'm so different than how I used to be.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Mewtaph »

I am so confused as to what YyottaCat is actually trying to say right now.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:16 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Doughboy & PraiseOurLordBiggieCheese have been prodded.

(expired on 2018-11-26 13:16:53)
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:49 am

Post by YyottaCat »

In post 77, Mewtaph wrote:I am so confused as to what YyottaCat is actually trying to say right now.
What I'm trying to say is, there is a much higher chance of you thinking I'm scum no matter if I say I'm scum or town
Show

NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:36 am

Post by NotNova »

Spoiler: Long quote wall
In post 32, skitter30 wrote:
In post 30, NotNova wrote:Anyone wanna vote nousername with me?
why do you want to wagon him?
In post 64, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 30, NotNova wrote:EBWOP: I now realize I've repeated some of Mewtaph's points, missed his post when making mine. Gotta learn to pay more attention when posting on mobile.
Anyone wanna vote nousername with me?
Do you have a reason to?
I didn't have any legitimate reason to find nousername scummy.
I put a lot of stock in early wagons to get the game going, it creates meaningful content to analyze fairly early - avoids the sort of scenario we have here.

I do think there is actual reason to vote YyottaCat however.
In post 76, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 72, Thespio wrote:
In post 71, YyottaCat wrote:Since overki replaced nousername and I was originally voting nousername,
In post 70, YyottaCat wrote:If I answer scum, then I'm basically done
If I answer town, due to the lack of trust I'm still basically done

So I'm just not going to answer anything
What? There’s no jester roll so it doesn’t benifit you to be lynched, why wouldn’t you be willing to answer questions this early?

@notnova good to see you again!
Well, it doesn't benefit me if I do answer, does it?
Either way, I'm still stuck with the scum title

Here's a mafia chart of trust:
Answer/Reply: Scum Town
Scum BN BN
Town NB BB

So, as you can see there, it is only beneficial for me if others think I'm town, but as of for now, that is basically imposible
It is always beneficial for others to choose that I'm scum than town, and since they are trying to lynch me, that is what they will do
I'm just going to end myseslf here and say that I'm scum.
I admit it ok?
If you were wrong it's not my fault, because this is what I'm forced to do right now
In post 79, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 77, Mewtaph wrote:I am so confused as to what YyottaCat is actually trying to say right now.
What I'm trying to say is, there is a much higher chance of you thinking I'm scum no matter if I say I'm scum or town
These two posts are very clearly flailing FMPOV. I have no clue what the "mafia chart of trust" means, but it's clear YyottaCat believes they'll be seen as scum no matter what. After the slightest push. On page 4. How does that make any sense?

In post 61, YyottaCat wrote:Would you prefer playing as mafia or town, notnova?
I much prefer town - but I don't get the sense in asking this question. I asked you because I have nothing to compare your play to, so if that was your intention, you can feel free to check my past games.
In post 31, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 28, NotNova wrote:
In post 21, YyottaCat wrote:hoppy hoppy frog and some salamanders in the pond...
Nousername757: If they are randomly picking with a reason thats is an excuse, they are probably mafia while mew is town.

If they do actually vote becaus they hate Mew (the pokémon), then the post is useless.

Nousername757 is more likely to be mafia than mew.
I've done something similar when voting nousername — do you think it makes me scummy? Why do you believe this kind of excuse is scummy at this point in the game?
skitter30 wrote:
In post 19, Mewtaph wrote:Not necessarily, but it is common for newbies to be distrustful of the ic
huh, in my experience i've found the opposite, that newbies are often hesitant to lynch the ic

I don't think these two claims are mutually exclusive. I believe IC status is perceived as the player being more skilled as either alignment — which makes them both harder to trust and to lynch on account of being pocketed or lynching a potentially valuable town player.

Personally I don't have an issue with lynching an IC if there's good reason for it, but in case I were lynching between roughly equivalent null players, I'd probably pick the one who has less ability to solve on subsequent days

As a side note, I implore everyone who doesn't have an avatar to get one, it makes it much easier to tell you apart at a glance.
Or is it the excuse I'm using to do a plan...?
In post 35, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 34, skitter30 wrote:
In post 22, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 13, NotNova wrote:@YyottaCat, how much experience do you have playing mafia? Would you say you prefer playing mafia or town?
IDK honestly, but I would
probably
prefer mafia. The only reason is probably the private chats so I can have more thing to do. Also, I have basically 0 mafia experience here, but I'll try my best. Also this might be easier than playing mafia in real life, just because if you are a mafia meember, you won't start laughing for some weird reasons on the next day.
i guess i'm asking because this post seems to me like it's kinda written from scum's pov - you're comparing this game to a game of irl mafia and saying that scum may have it easier here, in forum mafia, if i'm understanding this post right
yep
These were the two posts I had in mind when making my vote.
The first one is incredibly opaque - what sort of plan could possibly be behind accusing someone of being scummy for making an unreasoned vote in RVS?
The second one is vague as well, but I'm almost willing to call it a scumclaim: "this is written from scum pov" "yep".
Considering they claimed scum in another post, what gives?

Questions I have from this:

Is Yyotta flailing? If so, is it scumflail or newbflail?
Do you believe Yyotta would have been coached better if they were scum, considering scum have access to daychat? (I believe Yyotta is scum with another newbie, if they are, FTR.)

@YyottaCat, why do you believe you will be seen as scum no matter what?
What was the intention behind your post ?

As a side note, I've been townleaning Overki11's posts, trying to get the game going is definitely a town-motivated move.
@Overki11, do you have any useful reads so far?
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:37 am

Post by NotNova »

And hi, Thespio. No hard feelings over last game I hope ;)
Feel free to help out town in trying to get a read on me, I think you have a much better chance to read me considering you caught me as scum last time.
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:39 am

Post by 0verki11 »

Yyvota and probably Starry are my scumleans.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:44 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 82, 0verki11 wrote:Yyvota and probably Starry are my scumleans.
Is it the contradictory post? I think they just got confused over names - why do you think there's something more there?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 52, PraiseOurLordBiggieCheese wrote:VOTE: Mewtaph

His avatar looks too much like anime. He's obviously scum.
hey, what do you think about the game thus far?

is there anyone that you think is being townie? scummy?
==
In post 54, YyottaCat wrote:I think it's because the reason is sudden and questionable, why would even she ask the question in the first place?
a) why are you answering for starrydash?

b) because i thought it seemed like you were talking from a scum pov, and i thought it was something worth pushing on to get the game out of rvs to get people to start talking about more serious things (and hey, i think doing that worked too)

can you talk a little bit more about why you voted me on the previous page?

==
In post 57, starrydash wrote:Skitter could have a valid reason, but talking from a scum's POV isn't scummy
a) you said i had no valid reason for doing so

b) i disagree; i think talking from a scum's pov is mildly scummy here

==

welcome to all the replacements!

==
do you think the overkill slot is scummier than me rn?

can you talk a little about your previous experience with mafia? irl? on a forum? have you played a lot of games? do you like town or scum better?
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:23 am

Post by NotNova »

@skitter, it seems you're starting to develop meaningful reads — why are you still sitting on your RVS vote?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

a) it's page4; i'm still getting my bearings and the game isn't hasn't really become *serious* yet imo; like we're still transitioning out of rvs and i don't feel like my vote is needed elsewhere or anything at this point

b) the person i think is scummiest rn is probably yyottacat but i'm still trying to sort her and i'm not sure if she's an inexperienced player who sort of comes off as being scummy even as town or if she's actually flailing scum rn; i'm kinda getting the vibe that voting her will make her less likely to talk to me and/or answer my questions

why are you asking me about my rvs vote?
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:29 am

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 73, 0verki11 wrote:
is there an actual reason behind voting me or is this OMGUS again?
Answer please.
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 am

Post by YyottaCat »

In post 87, 0verki11 wrote:
Answer please.
I'll answer town, I'm totally being honest
Show

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

@yyottacat can you answer the questions i asked you please?
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:28 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 86, skitter30 wrote:
The reason is twofold:

a) I think talking around someone for long enough without voting them is a minor scumtell, so I wanted to get your thoughts on the matter.

b) I like the theory of the vote as a "weapon." Essentially, I think one should in most cases be voting whoever they find scummiest at the time to put more pressure on the slot and develop a solid read.
In addition, I think this works very well early in the game — from my experience, the game moves out of RVS very quickly after a wagon gets to L-2 or L-1.

Do you disagree with this? Why do you find merit in waiting around when the game has been stalled for quite a while?
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:29 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 88, YyottaCat wrote:
Answer please.
Um... How does that answer the question?
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:33 am

Post by NotNova »

Honestly I almost feel like Yyotta's literally claiming scum and we're all just too aghast to realize it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 90, NotNova wrote:
In post 86, skitter30 wrote:
The reason is twofold:

a) I think talking around someone for long enough without voting them is a minor scumtell, so I wanted to get your thoughts on the matter.

b) I like the theory of the vote as a "weapon." Essentially, I think one should in most cases be voting whoever they find scummiest at the time to put more pressure on the slot and develop a solid read.
In addition, I think this works very well early in the game — from my experience, the game moves out of RVS very quickly after a wagon gets to L-2 or L-1.

Do you disagree with this? Why do you find merit in waiting around when the game has been stalled for quite a while?
A) i agree that it can be in some circumstances; i dont think it is for me.

B) i understand that voting people puts pressure on them. I feel like in this instance itll make her less likely to respond just now imo, like i said. I also think that the game is basically out of rvs at this point; im not sure we necessarily need a wagon rn to take the game out of rvs given that i think we're out of it already

I also disagree that im 'waiting around' or that the 'game has been stalled for a while'
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:17 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 93, skitter30 wrote:I also think that the game is basically out of rvs at this point; im not sure we necessarily need a wagon rn to take the game out of rvs given that i think we're out of it already

I also disagree that im 'waiting around' or that the 'game has been stalled for a while'
In post 86, skitter30 wrote:a) it's page4; i'm still getting my bearings and the game isn't hasn't really become *serious* yet imo; like we're still transitioning out of rvs and i don't feel like my vote is needed elsewhere or anything at this point

b) the person i think is scummiest rn is probably yyottacat but i'm still trying to sort her and i'm not sure if she's an inexperienced player who sort of comes off as being scummy even as town or if she's actually flailing scum rn; i'm kinda getting the vibe that voting her will make her less likely to talk to me and/or answer my questions

Aren't these two posts at odds?

By "waiting around" I meant "waiting around to cast a 'serious' vote", which you admitted to doing.
The game might not have been "stalled" per se, but certainly it has been quite slow? 4 pages in a bit over 4 days with a lot of them being replacement notifications doesn't feel like a very high tempo to me.

Does "transitioning out of RVS" mean in RVS or not in RVS? Certainly I'd lean toward the former in the context of your post, am I wrong?

Let's try a different line - do you have strong feelings about anyone that isn't Yyotta? Leaning town or scum on anyone? Would you care to join any of the other wagons, if you think voting on Yyotta's is unwise?
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am

Post by YyottaCat »

In post 91, NotNova wrote:
In post 88, YyottaCat wrote:
Answer please.
Um... How does that answer the question?
Oh, it is
Show

YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:24 am

Post by YyottaCat »

Changed my mind again,
UNVOTE: overki
VOTE: skiter
Show

NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:29 am

Post by NotNova »

I think skitter is at L-1.

No one vote skitter without claiming intent first!

Quickhammering is effectively claiming scum - in other words, you will get lynched tomorrow. No exceptions.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 76, YyottaCat wrote:I'm just going to end myseslf here and say that I'm scum.
I admit it ok?
VOTE: YyottaCat

I don’t see this player knowing how to fake town or they’re trolling. I think if their scum overki is likely not the buddy, I feel like this slot might feel like we were on to them when it’s d1 and we are building reads.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:36 am

Post by NotNova »

False alarm - by my count, starry, Thespio and Yyotta are voting skitter, so L-2.
The above holds whenever someone gets to L-1.

@Mod, can we get a votecount?

YyottaCat wrote:Changed my mind again,
UNVOTE: overki
VOTE: skiter
You're just all over the place. Why is skitter scum to you?

PEdit: Thespio was voting at the time I wrote this.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”