2018 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 772, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 768, scotmany12 wrote:I do think he is being blacklisted.
But take the idea that he probably isn’t back material, don’t know how much of a coach he can be (big part of backup qbs), he hasn’t played professional football in about two years, and the media circus that would happen when he is signed, it really shouldn’t be surprising that he remains unsigned.
If he's being blacklisted the bold can't be true but if the bold is true then he's not be blacklisted. There's a fine line between "teams don't want him b/c X reason(s)" and some conspiracy to keep teams from signing him. I feel like the biggest piece of evidence AGAINST his collusion case is that he was given an opportunity in both Denver and Baltimore and he burned those bridges. The NFL, as in life, has more to do with just being "good" but you also need interpersonal skills and I think he has 0 of those.

On the flip side, the biggest piece of evidence for his collusion case is that bad QBs do get to play. But coaches/gm's have egos and when they draft a pick they want to play him and hope he gets better with time and experience. See Jarred Goff/Mitch Tribusky, though I think most ppl think he(they) got better with a coaching change.
I don’t mean collusion when I say blacklist. I think some teams do not want anything to do with him cause of everything surrounding him, so they ante blacklisting. He has to show that at least two teams basically conspired together to not hire him. Which bad qb play can’t do. What I said wasn’t mutually exclusive.

Any nfl team can choose to not hire, interview, interact with Kaep for basically whatever reason. And any team with a qb injury is probably gonna go with their backup who knows the playbook rather than look for another qb midseason. Now yeah, Buffalo was a weird situation as they did signed both Anderson and Barkley.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Also, Izzy, Gabbert and Weeden are veteran backup qbs who probably understand their role and know how to simulate the current weeks opposing qb in practice. And the idea that the Texans would subject Watson to more plays with a higher chance of injury is asinine.

Also, just ftr, I think kaep is a pretty shit qb. His last year in San Fran was awful (yes I know the coaching situation was awful) but ever since teams started to figure out the read option I just don’t think he adds anything to any team.

I have nothing against what he is trying to do. I’m sure some teams want nothing to do with him due to the kneeling and everything. I just don’t think teams are actively colluding against him.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:26 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 774, PJ. wrote:And he's also worse than Brick Osweiler this year, hasn't lasted an entire season in 3 years and throws considerably more interceptions(41 more in only 13 more games)

also take into account that kaep played the legion of boom twice a year.
EBWOP: also according to the Miami Herald, the phins are looking for a new QB in 2019, as they just recently worked out Paxton Lynch - who''s almost certainly worse than kaepernick (it went poorly). They also sent scouts to Oregon @ Utah
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Bella »

In post 771, PJ. wrote:Technically luck can't throw the ball like brisett either seeing as they had him "pinch hit" for luck on a hail Mary earlier this year
Touche, although Luck's arm strength hasn't seemed like a problem in any games they've played.
In post 772, Nero Cain wrote: If he's being blacklisted the bold can't be true but if the bold is true then he's not be blacklisted. There's a fine line between "teams don't want him b/c X reason(s)" and some conspiracy to keep teams from signing him. I feel like the biggest piece of evidence AGAINST his collusion case is that he was given an opportunity in both Denver and Baltimore and he burned those bridges. The NFL, as in life, has more to do with just being "good" but you also need interpersonal skills and I think he has 0 of those.
Oh come on, that's grossly overstating the case. Denver was an "opportunity" that came when he was still the 49ers QB, required him to take a 40ish% pay cut and didn't even come with a guarantee of the starting job. There aren't many players who'd take that, especially when their competition to start is Blaine fucking Gabbert. Any man-baby GM that wants to hold that against him shouldn't be in the job, tbh. As for the Ravens, that opportunity disappeared because Biscotti prevaricated over the issue and his girlfriend went all Miko Grimes and fucked it up for him, neither of which have anything to do with Kaepernick's interpersonal skills (and BRent Grimes still has a job despite his wife).
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by PJ. »

For sure, I was just trolling.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

"comes off 1-10 season*

*gets asked to play for 6 or 7 million a year*

Guy bet on himself and lost. That's totally his and his agents (if he has one) fault. I mean getting a 2-year deal to come in and compete with Lynch and Siemain (and Osweiler?) seems more than reasonable but God forbid he's not handed the starting job, to begin with.

I'm sure there are other examples (better?) but Case Keenum signed with the Vikings last year for 2 million and now he's got a cool 2 year 36 million dollar contract.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:00 am

Post by PJ. »

He's also kinda stinking it up.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kaep may be getting avoided by some teams, but he really shouldn't be seeking starter money

Kaep's previous skill set make sense as a backup for Wilson or L. Jackson or Cam Newton. He could work in systems similar to theirs. Or there would need to be a team willing to drop their current starter and system just for him. Don't think anyone would do that at this point of the season other than Buffalo since they kinda had people come right off the street recently. But with Allen healthy, they don't need to do that. Buffalo's not making playoffs so getting the young player up to speed and seeing if he can be their future is the right call.

Case didn't think he was starter quality and no one else really did, until Minnesota got injuries and had to turn to him. Perhaps if Kaep accepted a backup job and or tried to learn other systems, he could do well enough to earn another starting job.

Edit: Not sure how I am racist given my earlier posts. He should have gotten calls during the off season from some teams. He should have getting calls from teams I have mentioned with issues, but he would need to be willing to learn the systems of those teams or have those teams willing to work with him. Since more than 1/2 the season is over I don't think many teams will want to change everything just like that right now. No one player can solve all a teams problems. Rodgers can't solve everything himself and I think GB is starting to realize that.
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 am

Post by PJ. »

Oh no, the racist are here.

Kaep has way more than 3 places he can be a backup for. Are you watching the nfl? There's 3-4 places he could *likely* be a starter for. And as it was pointed out by some reasonable people in this thread, it's the fact that he's not even getting a call for a work out that stinks of collusion when you got casting calls going out for stinkos like EJ Manuel, tj yates, and Paxton lynch, in addition to the fact that there's quite a few known stinkos at back up like Chad Henne, Geno Smith, and Brandon Weeden. Also kaep's 1-10 record was with a bad scheme and a pretty bare bones team. You don't have to look much further than MS favorite (apparently) Case Keenum to figure that out. Bad scheme under Fisher, bad qb under fisher, basically bottom of all advanced stats. Then he got a good scheme and he was like 3rd in DVOA. Now he's in a pretty mediocre scheme and he's just barely outside of the bottom third of quarterbacks. Alex Smith is basically the same way. Good scheme in KC, "NEW ALEX SMITH SO GOOD", but bad scheme in Washington and he shit it up.

My point in bringing this up intially was simply that the "Kaep is getting colluded against cause he''s a super great qb better than 2/3rds" woke fam were getting carried away. But I think the "kaep sucks, and no such thing as collusion, it's because he's an entitled asshole that only as himself" conservative, "I'm against the kneeling" crowd are also totally off base (probably more than the first group and also probably racist). All I wanted to accomplish when I was talking numbers on him was that say that it's likely somewhere in between. There are a number of teams he could help out immensely. There are also teams that he could not effect at all.
Tl;dr: you should be a Colin kaepernick centrist. Fine qb, should definitely have a job, but he's not the answer to all of a teams problems.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:51 am

Post by T-Bone »

Kaep is like a league average starter. I don't know why this argument keeps coming around, his numbers and his abilities say that he could have been a league average starter. He's 5th best all-time in int-to TD ratio. He's also 2nd worst in history for running himself into sacks. If you put his career numbers against the 33 who started least season, Kaep would have ranked #19. So basically average to below average. Of the 14 ranked below him, 8 entered the season as the team's starting QB (and a couple who would have been higher than him, McCown, Bortles, Carr, are also considered not good QBs). So I don't know how anyone could argue that Kaep isn't good enough to be a starting QB, let along a back-up. If your argument is 'Kaep isn't a good enough QB' you're wrong. It's not even that hard to look at his statistics and figure out that you can't make this argument.

(obviously this year he is now also two seasons removed from playing and could no longer be in football shape, but that doesn't explain last year)

So if it isn't statistics or ability that is holding him back from getting on a team, then you need to ask yourself what you really want to argue. Do you want to argue that Kaep wanted to be guaranteed the money and playing time like a top 10 QB? Sure, some reporting suggests that is true.

Or maybe you want to argue that no one wants the media spectacle of having Kaep around. Sure, that's plausible.

It is also plausible (as Kaep is suing for) that NFL teams got together and decided that hiring Kaep was bad for business. Isn't that possible?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Eric Reid randomly drug tested for the 6th time this season :thinking: One of those was his signing test, so 5 times thru the "random" selection.

That's insane. They REALLY want him out of the league, huh?

The odds of being picked each week are 1/6 (about 60 per team, 10 players per team are picked each week).
He has been picked 5/8 weeks since signing. The approximate odds of that happening are .0074%.

The NFL is *for sure* strongarming people like Kaep and Reid out.
We're just lucky we have an owner who says FUCK YOU to Goodell.
green shirt thursdays
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:43 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 784, T-Bone wrote:his numbers and his abilities say that he could have been a league average starter.
they don't tho. He's incredibly inefficient. Has had awful DVOA and DYAR his last 2 years. His QBR has been in the bottom third of starters. Like..I already wrote this all, and I can link it to you if you like. His
numbers
advanced stats are not good.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:57 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 785, xRECKONERx wrote:Eric Reid randomly drug tested for the 6th time this season :thinking: One of those was his signing test, so 5 times thru the "random" selection.

That's insane. They REALLY want him out of the league, huh?

The odds of being picked each week are 1/6 (about 60 per team, 10 players per team are picked each week).
He has been picked 5/8 weeks since signing. The approximate odds of that happening are .0074%.

The NFL is *for sure* strongarming people like Kaep and Reid out.
We're just lucky we have an owner who says FUCK YOU to Goodell.
This is pretty garbage, ya
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 783, PJ. wrote:Kaep has way more than 3 places he can be a backup for.
I think he's just saying that Kaep would be a better fit in places that already have a starting running QB.

I mean, Kaep went 3-16 in his last two years in SF. It's possible that Kaep is decent on a good team but at the end of the day winning is what matters the most in the NFL.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

With the exception of Foles and a few others, it seems like the highest paid backups are 8 million a year though there are alot that are less than 7 million. Kaep already passed on 7 million and teams might have not wanted to pay more than 7 million for a QB that was benched and had a losing record.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 786, PJ. wrote:
In post 784, T-Bone wrote:his numbers and his abilities say that he could have been a league average starter.
they don't tho. He's incredibly inefficient. Has had awful DVOA and DYAR his last 2 years. His QBR has been in the bottom third of starters. Like..I already wrote this all, and I can link it to you if you like. His
numbers
and yet...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ed84f59ea4

a quick search pulls up just one of many sources basically saying he's league average.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Bella »

In post 788, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 783, PJ. wrote:Kaep has way more than 3 places he can be a backup for.
I think he's just saying that Kaep would be a better fit in places that already have a starting running QB.

I mean, Kaep went 3-16 in his last two years in SF. It's possible that Kaep is decent on a good team but at the end of the day winning is what matters the most in the NFL.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

With the exception of Foles and a few others, it seems like the highest paid backups are 8 million a year though there are alot that are less than 7 million. Kaep already passed on 7 million and teams might have not wanted to pay more than 7 million for a QB that was benched and had a losing record.
There's a major difference between turning down $7m a year for 2 years (not necessarily guaranteed, either) when you're sure to make $14.3m over one year and you're not being offered a better situation - both would entail being in competition for a starting job - and taking $7m or less on the open market.
Show
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you're right. I thought the Broncos tried to trade for him in 2016 AND tried to sign him as a free agent in 2017

Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Bella »

Everyone assumed they would, but they forgot to account for the fact that John Elway is a hypocritical Conservative man-baby.

In sad news for Bro, the BORTORTLE has been benched. Cody Kessler, who went 0-8 for the Browns, is the new Jags starting QB. Insert comment about Kaepernick's collusion case here.
Show
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 789, T-Bone wrote:
In post 786, PJ. wrote:
numbers
and yet...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ed84f59ea4

a quick search pulls up just one of many sources basically saying he's league average.
Right, that's my point. Media care more about selling copy on this than providing you with actual facts, because the truth isn't interesting. People only want hear two things: "kaep is 100% being colluded against and he's the 16th best QB in the league" or "he's a bum, he sucks, he hates america, he killed Nike's stock." Neither is true.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2015
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2016

That's his last 2 years in football where he was getting benched for Blaine Gabbert.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2014

That's his last year with harbaugh and it's below average by a fair bit.

Look up his ANY/A+. That's adjusted net yards index. It'll tell you he throws shorter passes on average than other QBs. Look up his comp%+. It'll tell you he is more inaccurate than his peers too(while also throw shorter than them). He also gets sacked more, by a significant margin. But you are right, he takes care of the football far above average. Better than QBs like Smith and Cousins who are known as game manager types.

Again, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a job or isn't being colluded against. I'm saying both sides are exaggerating his prowess or lack thereof to fit what they want the narrative to be. This is similar to the NCAA "pay the players" argument. They should, but every time someone compares the players to slaves it sets the entire argument back to square 1 because it's an unreasonable statement. That's what's happening with media and the people in kaep's corner every time they say he could start for half the teams in the NFL. It's just not true.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

As if a full academic scholarship isn't paying them. Although non-scholarship athletes should maybe get some money and the NCAA should maybe be less strict on an athletes ability to make $$$ based on endorsements and the jazz.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:30 am

Post by PJ. »

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:44 am

Post by PJ. »

Feel free to try the "schools don't have enough money to play the players" arguement next. That's the other favorite. I can shoot down the hits all night
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ok?

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:53 am

Post by PJ. »

"ok?" indeed. You're a dime-a-dozen dipshit.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:36 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 792, Bella wrote:Everyone assumed they would, but they forgot to account for the fact that John Elway is a hypocritical Conservative man-baby.

In sad news for Bro, the BORTORTLE has been benched. Cody Kessler, who went 0-8 for the Browns, is the new Jags starting QB. Insert comment about Kaepernick's collusion case here.
Well...Kessler had a better DYAR and DVOA then Kaep did that year.

He also got the Browns Myles Garrett :P

Return to “General Discussion”