RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I'm also not reading you today because I have a feeling you fall into the same category as Thor, your style is just one I find scummy naturally so I'm going to rely on my town block to sort you and hope someone shoots you at some point. Sorry not sorry.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1971, RCEnigma wrote:So while I think he's still scum I'm fine with consolidating a better Lynch.
I don't get this logic
When we find scum we lynch them, we dont let them live and hope theyll be killed
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I get that there are more than one scum and that if you can't get Clem then you'll need to consolidate on another scum read or at least someone you wouldn't hate to see go but calling that potential not Clem lynch
BETTER
is just really odd.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Because I have to consider the slots around me and the slots that I find to be town. If we can find a lynch that favors them over me then that's fine too, I still have my read and I can build on it if we miss.

They may also be better at finding the outlying scum than I am.

I think you guys are taking it as "I'm fine with not lynching scum" as opposed to "I'm willing to put a pin in my scumread, to look for more scum."
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Also Nero I think in your mind there is going to be something scummy to you in everything I post. Or a scum spin at the least, I kinda wanted to ignore you with that in mind.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If you find me scummy why didn't you say anything earlier?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I was placated by the Majiffy + Chickadee meta read. I don't know either player. I also said I'm not attempting to read you. But I didn't like Majiffy so there's that.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not Majiffy though.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Oh, I hadn't considered that.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

BuJaber seems too calm about the growing wagon on him. I like RCE's recent posting. I'm feeling let down by RR though I could be misremembering when/why they started getting more active in the last game.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Why can’t I just be town who’s taken a liking to townHebichan RCE?

Not going to lie, I actually don’t have a strong read either way on her. I’d probably defend her a bit if she was getting pushed, but not enough where I’d bank on her being town.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 1871, Tails wrote:
In post 947, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok prepare to be amazed:

{Farside/Alonzo, Fortain, Profii}
{Fish, Chick, Gamma, Hebichan, Pint, RCE, Tails, Varsoon, Wisdom, RR}
{Creature, Davesaz, Malakitty}
{BuJaber, Flavorleaf, Alchemist, Majiffy, Thor}
{Amzela, DrippingGoofball, DrewVa}
In post 1186, CheekyTeeky wrote:{Fortain, Profii, Chick, Gamma, Varsoon}
{Fish, DrippingGoofball, RR, DrewVa, Pint}
{Davesaz, Amzela, Toog (as 3p), Mala, Alonzo, Tails}
{Flavorleaf, Creature, Hebi, Wisdom, RCEnigma}
{Thor, Alchemist, Majiffy, BuJaber}
I didn't post at all during the holiday period, except to say I'd be away until today. So I'm not sure how I dropped from a town lean to full on null.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1984, CheekyTeeky wrote:I like RCE's recent posting.
If you consider snark a towntell then sure I guess but I think its null leaning scum.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

That's fair, I just didn't like the way your RVS interactions continued into the day and almost solely revolved around Hebi.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'm back to work for a few days. So you'll be seeing a little less of me.
Clemency isn't doing much to redeem his slot.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1984, CheekyTeeky wrote:BuJaber seems too calm about the growing wagon on him. I like RCE's recent posting. I'm feeling let down by RR though I could be misremembering when/why they started getting more active in the last game.
I agree with everything in this post.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1989, davesaz wrote:Clemency isn't doing much to redeem his slot.
and I agree with this.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1960, Tails wrote:
In post 1939, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1910, Tails wrote:
In post 1855, DrewVa wrote:You really need to read the entire game.
Have I not?
I don’t think so, otherwise you wouldn’t have said, you wanted my slot to die.
I've wanted your slot to die for awhile.
No, you’re not getting it. SINCE that fight with Drixx - Do you have any opinions on my posting since? Because it seems, that you are the only one in the entire game, who doesn’t.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1961, Tails wrote:@Cerb: What do you make of Nancy pretending my scum read on her is new and meritless?
I am not “pretending” anything, and you twisting my words is kind of pissing me off.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1993, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1961, Tails wrote:@Cerb: What do you make of Nancy pretending my scum read on her is new and meritless?
I am not “pretending” anything, and you twisting my words is kind of pissing me off.
I am very CLEARLY saying that you aren’t looking at EVERYTHING. But continue to misinterpret this as well. :roll:
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 913, DrewVa wrote:
In post 903, Varsoon wrote:Just ate so so so much food. Turkey day is great, ya'll.

Anyway
RR doesn't make this play as scum, imo.
Also, Mafia is a game of rhetoric. You should expect that literally anything you post in the game thread is subject to speculation and doubt--if it bothers you that your earnest emotions can be interpreted as rhetorical posturing, maybe avoid games where that's literally a strategy.
I'm pretty much taking you both at face value regardless, for what it's worth;
Like I believe DrewVa is actually frustrated/feeling these ways
and I believe RR legitimately is finding issue with how DrewVa is playing
But like I said
I don't think either of their play is specifically attempting to manipulate others.
I wasn’t upset at having my emotional reactions questioned - it was the unnecessarily pejorative associations with the words he was using. It was - no pun intended - but overkill and with all due resect Varsoon, I have 0 intent of stopping playing games because others - including you - don’t think I have just cause to defend myself here. I have a total right to do that. I agree with you that Drixx wasn’t being scummy but VEHEMENTLY disagree with you that he was not out of line. He 100% was and I don’t see how insisting on having the respect that I or any other player is entitled to - including Drixx/RR - should prevent me from participating in any games. Basic civility is not incompatible with playing Mafia and I am disappointed with you for not seeing the rightness of my side in this.

I think it’s inherently possible that both RR heads have completely misunderstood the rightful basis of my objections to that - due to them - mostly Drixx, unfairly accusing me of attempting to “bully” anyone into not trying to sort me correctly.

I am advocating for being treated with basic respect here - nothing more, nothing less and I won’t ever back down from this stance. On my part, I shouldn’t have called Drixx names but I wasn’t getting through to him otherwise. I’m legit sad and disgusted with the entire thing. All Drixx needed to do, was to apologize for his insensitive, poor choice of wording, while continuing to maintain his reasonable position of my not being defacto townread for my emotional reactions. Had he just done this, none of this hideous garbage would even had occured.
This felt manipulative to me. Compared with the rest of your posting, the verbage really stands out. I see less of the emotions from the previous posts and more cold calculation. And that makes this whole thing read manufactured for the purpose of giving yourself the high ground. Any push from RR dies at this point, and you accomplished here what I failed to in Overkill 1 when I attempted to make RR's push on my slot look personal based on their statements about my predecessor.

Do I believe you were legit upset? Yes. Does that mean that your argument and push back didn't have an ulterior motive? No.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 1994, DrewVa wrote:
I am very CLEARLY saying that you aren’t looking at EVERYTHING. But continue to misinterpret this as well. :roll:
You implied that I hadn't read the thread AT ALL. You essentially threw me in with the newer posters like Creature and Clemency when you've known I've been scum reading you for awhile. So yes, saying that I haven't read the thread implies that my read is baseless, and therefore, you are pretending that this read is completely without merit and not one I've stated multiple times.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1995, Tails wrote:
In post 913, DrewVa wrote:
In post 903, Varsoon wrote:Just ate so so so much food. Turkey day is great, ya'll.

Anyway
RR doesn't make this play as scum, imo.
Also, Mafia is a game of rhetoric. You should expect that literally anything you post in the game thread is subject to speculation and doubt--if it bothers you that your earnest emotions can be interpreted as rhetorical posturing, maybe avoid games where that's literally a strategy.
I'm pretty much taking you both at face value regardless, for what it's worth;
Like I believe DrewVa is actually frustrated/feeling these ways
and I believe RR legitimately is finding issue with how DrewVa is playing
But like I said
I don't think either of their play is specifically attempting to manipulate others.
I wasn’t upset at having my emotional reactions questioned - it was the unnecessarily pejorative associations with the words he was using. It was - no pun intended - but overkill and with all due resect Varsoon, I have 0 intent of stopping playing games because others - including you - don’t think I have just cause to defend myself here. I have a total right to do that. I agree with you that Drixx wasn’t being scummy but VEHEMENTLY disagree with you that he was not out of line. He 100% was and I don’t see how insisting on having the respect that I or any other player is entitled to - including Drixx/RR - should prevent me from participating in any games. Basic civility is not incompatible with playing Mafia and I am disappointed with you for not seeing the rightness of my side in this.

I think it’s inherently possible that both RR heads have completely misunderstood the rightful basis of my objections to that - due to them - mostly Drixx, unfairly accusing me of attempting to “bully” anyone into not trying to sort me correctly.

I am advocating for being treated with basic respect here - nothing more, nothing less and I won’t ever back down from this stance. On my part, I shouldn’t have called Drixx names but I wasn’t getting through to him otherwise. I’m legit sad and disgusted with the entire thing. All Drixx needed to do, was to apologize for his insensitive, poor choice of wording, while continuing to maintain his reasonable position of my not being defacto townread for my emotional reactions. Had he just done this, none of this hideous garbage would even had occured.
This felt manipulative to me. Compared with the rest of your posting, the verbage really stands out. I see less of the emotions from the previous posts and more cold calculation. And that makes this whole thing read manufactured for the purpose of giving yourself the high ground. Any push from RR dies at this point, and you accomplished here what I failed to in Overkill 1 when I attempted to make RR's push on my slot look personal based on their statements about my predecessor.

Do I believe you were legit upset? Yes. Does that mean that your argument and push back didn't have an ulterior motive? No.
Yes, you got me. I never ever fake my emotions - as any alignment - so I get upset whenever I get accused of doing that. But you know, I don’t really have the energy or interest of going through this again. I am town here and you have the right to believe otherwise. I officially give up. I don’t wish to once again become the focus of this game, for all the wrong reasons, so I’m dropping it. *sigh*
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:15 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1986, Tails wrote:
In post 1871, Tails wrote:
In post 947, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok prepare to be amazed:

{Farside/Alonzo, Fortain, Profii}
{Fish, Chick, Gamma, Hebichan, Pint, RCE, Tails, Varsoon, Wisdom, RR}
{Creature, Davesaz, Malakitty}
{BuJaber, Flavorleaf, Alchemist, Majiffy, Thor}
{Amzela, DrippingGoofball, DrewVa}
In post 1186, CheekyTeeky wrote:{Fortain, Profii, Chick, Gamma, Varsoon}
{Fish, DrippingGoofball, RR, DrewVa, Pint}
{Davesaz, Amzela, Toog (as 3p), Mala, Alonzo, Tails}
{Flavorleaf, Creature, Hebi, Wisdom, RCEnigma}
{Thor, Alchemist, Majiffy, BuJaber}
I didn't post at all during the holiday period, except to say I'd be away until today. So I'm not sure how I dropped from a town lean to full on null.
You just did. Feel free to change my mind. Actually you kind of answered your own question. "Why did I drop since I hadn't posted for a few days." I'm not really concerned with you atm.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:22 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1996, Tails wrote:
In post 1994, DrewVa wrote:
You implied that I hadn't read the thread AT ALL. You essentially threw me in with the newer posters like Creature and Clemency when you've known I've been scum reading you for awhile. So yes, saying that I haven't read the thread implies that my read is baseless, and therefore, you are pretending that this read is completely without merit and not one I've stated multiple times.
No, that isn’t even remotely what I’ve been saying - or at least it isn’t the what I’ve been INTENDING to suggest. Once again, by the WHOLE thread, I mean the ENTIRETY of the game - including my posts SINCE then. But it’s clear that I’m beating a dead horse anyway and you have no interest in reconsidering your read on me, so fine. I don’t even know why I care if you’re reading me correctly. Does that imply your read on my slot is “meritless”? Well, you tell me. I obviously can’t say it is, because I’m not scum in this game. Do I think it’s unreasonable to view some of my earlier posts as appearing scummy? By people who don’t really know how to read me by meta? No, I can understand why. I just think that anyone who is really familiar with my meta, would know I was town at this point. Having 0 experience playing with town!me, I shouldn’t assume you ought to be able to see that. So my frustration isn’t your problem.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”