Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6075 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6072, Nero Cain wrote:JJ is a claimed deathproof or something.
1 shot deathproof and capable of stopping anyone currently voting from changing that vote for the rest of the day.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6076 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6071, Vecna wrote:
In post 6066, Nero Cain wrote:Why did your view on Mastina change on after n2?
Because my jailkeep on her coincided with the no kill? Followed by a massive tunnel on the slot? I interpreted it as most likely scum trying to desperately get rid of her slot. To which degree this still holds, and how many people were actually bussing the liability-role remains yet to be seen. Not sure whether Mastina would want to go all in on trying to make her teammates look good, because with that role that play would be rather obvious.
:igmeou:

Why dd you think it was more likely that you blocked the shot instead of saving Mastina from a NK and then watching scum try to get her lynched? Surely town would more likely to think the latter.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6077 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

I don't super want to directly ask every single player for their top reads but I really do want everyone to give either a reads list or at least their top 5, i.e. @Lady Angel

-rh
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6078 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

Note, our flipped scum are a gladiator and someone who made us vote by secret ballot.
This is a Parachute.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6079 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6068, THE MEME MEN wrote:Vecna who are your top 5 reads, of either alignment?

-rh
Ill let you know when I do.

im highly suspicious of NR and Porkens (although they sure have started the bussing early again today if this is a thing). I guess its hard to not look at JJH and Jingle and suspect there is at least one scum in there.

My radar is pretty busted right now, but im quite sure that most of the stuff that has happened so far was pre-planned to some degree by scum, so id expect their members to be decently positioned right now. Or maybe not.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6080 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Jingle »

NR and Porkens are almost certainly not scum together.

From everyone else's PoV, they should only be able to be scum together with me.
This is a Parachute.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6081 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6076, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6071, Vecna wrote:
In post 6066, Nero Cain wrote:Why did your view on Mastina change on after n2?
Because my jailkeep on her coincided with the no kill? Followed by a massive tunnel on the slot? I interpreted it as most likely scum trying to desperately get rid of her slot. To which degree this still holds, and how many people were actually bussing the liability-role remains yet to be seen. Not sure whether Mastina would want to go all in on trying to make her teammates look good, because with that role that play would be rather obvious.
:igmeou:

Why dd you think it was more likely that you blocked the shot instead of saving Mastina from a NK and then watching scum try to get her lynched? Surely town would more likely to think the latter.
That is exactly what im saying? Unless im wrongly interpreting this mess of a sentence.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6082 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Jingle »

Nah. Nero has what you said backwards.
This is a Parachute.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6083 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6080, Jingle wrote:NR and Porkens are almost certainly not scum together.

All scum have been hyper-bussing eachother so far. Whats to say Mastina didnt have her entire team in her highest scumreads?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6084 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, i misread your post, Vecna.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6085 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 6083, Vecna wrote:Whats to say Mastina didnt have her entire team in her highest scumreads?
Mastina plays toward endgame and knows she has a high BoP. I would be shocked if there isn't at least one in her top reads

-rh
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6086 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6083, Vecna wrote:
In post 6080, Jingle wrote:NR and Porkens are almost certainly not scum together.

All scum have been hyper-bussing eachother so far. Whats to say Mastina didnt have her entire team in her highest scumreads?
? Not sure what that has to do with what I said.

NR provably targeted Porkens N1.
NR presumably targeted mastina N2.
NR targeted me N3.

All of us corroborated the use of the role. The mastina event was fucked up from the start, but I very seriously doubt that scum gave up their rolecop for 2 consecutive nights in a UPick in order to distance.
This is a Parachute.
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6087 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 6077, THE MEME MEN wrote:I don't super want to directly ask every single player for their top reads but I really do want everyone to give either a reads list or at least their top 5, i.e. @Lady Angel

-rh
The only player I'm feeling really sure on right now is NicoRobin, I don't get why Mastina would go out of her way to protect an easy mis/no (only if town) lynch and scum have definitely been bussing each other this game, so I could definitely see Nico going for it like this. I also think, in terms of role usage, Nico did successfully target Mastina the day she said and went ballistic because she didn't want to out Mastina for... some reason. I don't believe for a second that a redirector would only redirect the results of Nico's roleclaim but still let Mastina choose if she wanted her own role seen or not.

Other than that, I feel like one of JJH and Jingle is scum, but not both and past that... I really don't know. There's too many slots in this game that just aren't doing anything right now.

However, we do have a few townclears to work with: Firebringer and Adalbert Steiner (Kuroi slot). Granted, neither of them are doing anything, but I hope they get replaced out for people who are actually going to help or step up to the plate. You're also almost definitely town since you have an ability that lets you win gladiates, which, if I'm understanding this right, would be 100% useless on scum since they win gladaites against her anyways.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6088 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 6087, Lady Angel wrote: would be 100% useless on scum since they win gladaites against her anyways.
I understood it differently. We *win* the gladiation, it does not *fail to resolve like it would on scum*. This means, which I think Mastina picked up on which is why she kept us townpooled, is that if she had attempted to gladiate us she would have committed suicide (it would have resolved, and then she would have *lost* the gladiation). Her not commenting on this but attempting to townpool us anyway is one reason I started to suspect her, because I found it unlikely she would overlook that detail when our predecessor had mentioned it. It is also why both of our heads suggested Mastina gladiate us when we started to get fed up with her stalling

-rh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6089 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh, good call.

Nico and Mastina could certainly be bussing especially with Nico doing nothing but scumreading Mastina the whole game.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6090 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Okay so obviously after Mastina flipped scum I had to do some rethinking but it's just perspective, really.

There's still a part of me that keeping Mastina alive and leashing her was still optimal play, even if she was dragging her feet about using her ability. Her trueclaiming made no sense for scum because it was so pro-town to claim it. I feel like scum hardbussed Mastina there, considering that optimal scumplay would be to bus Mastina's role into the ground. Which takes me back to NicoRobin, although I still don't understand why she failed the rolecop. There's been too much dodgy shit regarding her rolecop and I don't think it adds up at all. NicoRobin is still scum.

Also I would suggest people unvote so I can freeze this vote in place to prove I can do it:

VOTE: NicoRobin
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6091 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i think nico is probably town.
jjh get of that.

scum are likely lady angel and porkens.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6092 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Fire what are your reads of NSG, Gamma Emerald, and Aristophanes?

-rh
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6093 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6092, THE MEME MEN wrote:Fire what are your reads of NSG, Gamma Emerald, and Aristophanes?

-rh
town, town, and maybe still scum.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6094 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 6091, Firebringer wrote:i think nico is probably town.
jjh get of that.

scum are likely lady angel and porkens.
In post 6093, Firebringer wrote:
In post 6092, THE MEME MEN wrote:Fire what are your reads of NSG, Gamma Emerald, and Aristophanes?

-rh
town, town, and maybe still scum.
If I told you you were wrong on one of these reads, who do you think it would be likely to be?

-rh
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6095 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6094, THE MEME MEN wrote:If I told you you were wrong on one of these reads, who do you think it would be likely to be?

-rh
aristophanes i guess. the others aren't wrong and i think very unlikely.
maybe gamma but i don't see any reason to scumread him
Show

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6096 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Jingle »

If anyone who isn't conftown got targeted by the loud doc they should probably claim.

NR should definitely target Meme Men ASAP, because they're not conftown, but if their role is Autowin gladiates the odds drastically increase.

I suggest no one else allow her to know their role.
This is a Parachute.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6097 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh right this is a thing still!

I didn't do anything last night because what's the point?

Also I assume mastina's gladiate would succeed on a 3P as they are not "mafia aligned." Just a hunch tho.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6098 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Top 5 reads of either alignment Ari?

-rh
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6099 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Lemme check the playerlist. I'm so distant from this game :(
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”