Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1140, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1138, MariaR wrote:
In post 1137, Something_Smart wrote:I don't know how I'm going to vote. It will probably come down to which I am more afraid of: scum-LLD or town-you.

I don't see why you should expect me to determine this before the challenge.
Considering you're getting told it's outright happening in a few hours why not.
Well, the day's not over yet. There will be more information available after the challenge is issued.

Right now I don't have particularly strong feelings on either, so if I were forced to decide I'd probably vote Jay just because I don't think his towngame is particularly good.
Fair enough. I'm not asking you to MAKE A CHOICE GO GO GO. But I do think it should be something you think about/go over given the likely hood of the event
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 918, MariaR wrote:Dva LLD sword
is the implication here that in LLD vs Elsa you'd side with Elsa?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1137, Something_Smart wrote:I don't know how I'm going to vote.
It will probably come down to which I am more afraid of: scum-LLD or town-you.

What?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by Firebringer »

elsa i don't see the point in ur continual threats to duel lld instead of just doing it.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1153, Firebringer wrote:elsa i don't see the point in ur continual threats to duel lld instead of just doing it.
Dva asked for an extension and I'm trying to atleast be civil enough to let everyone speak their mind on the subject. Giving everyone 12 hours to respond before I do it seems reasonable.

And look at all the discussion happening now. The plot finally progresses.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1147, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Confirming any player to claim the sword in advance, is basically a death warrant if they’re town.
Not necessarily...!

If we use it on scummy players, then at some point scum is going to have to stop killing them or the scum kill just becomes an extra lynch. Of course that does give scum a measure of agency in who does end up with the sword (a valid argument against this plan that Varsoon neglected to point out), but it also gives town more agency than letting it be a free-for-all.
In post 1149, Elsa Jay wrote:... Loudest? She has 34 posts my dude, and some of those are less then a paragraph. More then 2\3s of the game is louder. Auro has 250 posts. Your logical, so I assume you can count.

How is she "loud"?
I take it you haven't played with her before.

In that case... maybe you should postpone your challenge and go read a game or two of hers.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I'm not gonna rely on ever changing meta, I'm relying on the information she has given this game. Focus on this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:16 pm

In post 1152, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1137, Something_Smart wrote:I don't know how I'm going to vote.
It will probably come down to which I am more afraid of: scum-LLD or town-you.

What?
The one time I played with town-Jay he furthered the scum win condition better than most of the scum players. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I don't know if I'd go so far as to hang someone like LLD just to continue giving him the benefit of the doubt. The only reason I would is if I were even more afraid that scum-LLD would run away with the game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1146, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1143, Elsa Jay wrote:Regardless of what You think of my Town game, Smart, I'm always trying to get better. So please take this time seriously now.
I mean, yeah, sure, but you're kinda doing it to yourself by challenging one of the loudest players in the game.
In post 1145, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:LAMIST is what came to my mind.
What part of it strikes you as LAMIST?
I didn’t buy her reasoning and as I already said, it was like her 5th post. I think this sort of play is more likely to come from scum than town.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:19 pm

In post 1156, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm not gonna rely on ever changing meta, I'm relying on the information she has given this game. Focus on this game.
That's gonna be a big fat nope. Most people, especially experienced ones, just don't follow universal tells. If you try to use tells "just from this game" on them, you'll fail to get anything useful the vast majority of the time.

I mean... if you want to ignore her reputation and challenge her anyway, I won't stop you... but you're likely to learn exactly what I mean by "loud".
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:20 pm

In post 1158, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I didn’t buy her reasoning and as I already said, it was like her 5th post. I think this sort of play is more likely to come from scum than town.
You don't believe it makes sense, or you don't believe that she genuinely believed it?

Why do you think it's more likely to come from scum?
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by DVa »

Like, I kinda don't get the people complaining that scum would kill the scummy person claiming the sword

that would keep the sword unclaimed

which is what we want, because then the next night we could force them to kill another scummy player

what part of this is bad--we still *eventually* can get an IC through the sword, it doesn't have to be n1. If we want we can have literally everyone claim the sword on like n3 if scum killed our preferred target n1.

which is precisely why scum would not kill our preferred target n1, they actually want the claim to resolve I think

but I've also just kinda accepted that I'm not getting my way on this so idgaf, don't even know why people are still going on, if Varsoon is going to be a child about it then that's on him
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 1159, Something_Smart wrote:If you try to use tells "just from this game" on them, you'll fail to get anything useful the vast majority of the time.
not sure this is scummy but this is pretty weak reasoning regardless of alignment SS
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:23 pm

In post 1162, DVa wrote:
In post 1159, Something_Smart wrote:If you try to use tells "just from this game" on them, you'll fail to get anything useful the vast majority of the time.
not sure this is scummy but this is pretty weak reasoning regardless of alignment SS
What's wrong with it?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

If She's usually loud then, and this game she just calls people scummy and sheeps others, then that's enough of a reason to give me an idea she doesnt care enough about this game to try.

Why say you had no opinion in all of this but then bring up one of my first ever games on this site when I was still learning as evidence against me? Why are you trying to delay my challenge even further? Why are you defending a person who isnt trying?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:32 pm

In post 1164, Elsa Jay wrote:Why say you had no opinion in all of this but then bring up one of my first ever games on this site when I was still learning as evidence against me?
Maybe it's unwarranted, but that's the experience I have with your towngame. And actually, I said before it was my only experience with your towngame, but I did double-check and you were in Assemble's game too; it was around the same time and I was frustrated with how you played there as well. So my baseline expectation for your towngame is weak.

I'm not using it as "evidence"; I'm not trying to convince anyone else... you literally asked what I was thinking, and so I told you what I was thinking.
Why are you trying to delay my challenge even further?
Because I thought you knew challenging LLD was suicide, but it doesn't seem like you do, so I at least wanted you to have fair warning.
Why are you defending a person who isnt trying?
Once again, "defending" is inaccurate because I'm not trying to convince anyone else. Effort usually isn't indicative of alignment; I'm not about to hold her low activity against her. (And it's not even that low, she almost certainly has more non-setup-related content than me.)
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

who would be mad if i went for the sword tonight
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

as a town player, you have as much a chance of being Arthur as anyone else so I can't think of any compelling reason why you shouldn't try
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1160, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1158, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I didn’t buy her reasoning and as I already said, it was like her 5th post. I think this sort of play is more likely to come from scum than town.
You don't believe it makes sense, or you don't believe that she genuinely believed it?

Why do you think it's more likely to come from scum?
I thought her reasons didn’t make any sense. I don’t believe she has really put a lot of thought into it, no. That’s why I said it was LAMIST. She makes her 5th post a bad case with a HURT tag - yes, I do think town would be far less inclined to do that. Scum usually wants to waste as little time as possible, to look like they’re actually doing something.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Elsa if you're going to challenge LLD just do it and stop doing the whole hold me back thing since it's if nothing else not making people *less* likely to vote you
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1151, DVa wrote:
In post 918, MariaR wrote:Dva LLD sword
is the implication here that in LLD vs Elsa you'd side with Elsa?
I need to read Elsa iso but I haven't seen anything scummy so yes atm
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1169, Untrod Tripod wrote:Elsa if you're going to challenge LLD just do it and stop doing the whole hold me back thing since it's if nothing else not making people *less* likely to vote you
What part of "letting everyone speak their mind" was misintrepreted? I'm not asking you to hold me back. I'm being forward but at the very least I'm letting people have a headstart in all of this.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1167, Untrod Tripod wrote:as a town player, you have as much a chance of being Arthur as anyone else so I can't think of any compelling reason why you shouldn't try
how do you know im town, sir?

what if i'm scum?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1161, DVa wrote:Like, I kinda don't get the people complaining that scum would kill the scummy person claiming the sword

that would keep the sword unclaimed

which is what we want, because then the next night we could force them to kill another scummy player

what part of this is bad--we still *eventually* can get an IC through the sword, it doesn't have to be n1. If we want we can have literally everyone claim the sword on like n3 if scum killed our preferred target n1.

which is precisely why scum would not kill our preferred target n1, they actually want the claim to resolve I think

but I've also just kinda accepted that I'm not getting my way on this so idgaf, don't even know why people are still going on, if Varsoon is going to be a child about it then that's on him
I think people are going to try to go for the sword and scum doesn’t want it claimed. They don’t want to risk being vigged, I think.

I was agreeing with you until FG, clarified that scum can kill the claimant BEFORE they ever actually get the sword. I had presumed that the claimant would be safe from the NK, so that changes my view on it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1162, DVa wrote:
In post 1163, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1162, DVa wrote:
What's wrong with it?
Are you saying not to disregard meta?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”