NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6400 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

My claim is still what it was before, Conditional Tracker Conditional Triplevoter. All of my tracks got the result of 'visited no-one'.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6401 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:54 pm

Post by Vecna »

Because it allows you to resolve the playerlist at double the speed Gamma. Good ability usage + good followup allows you to both get a guilty and an inno.

The slots that are usually targetted by it were potential mislynches already, so getting double the information is a lot better. Having to commit to a lynch there doesnt matter as much, as long as you get it right.

Besides, there will usually be more information to combine it with.

The only doubt I have about optimal play here was whether it shouldve been claimed already. I have no idea why Meme thinks he's a likely kill when theres two townclears, a jailkeeper and whatnot claimed. Especially since he apparently wasnt even aware that I claimed to have ran out of uses. Also, roleblocker. Getting only 1 usage out of a skill such as that is such a terrible shame.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6402 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6399, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 6397, Vecna wrote:
In post 6394, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 6393, Vecna wrote:
In post 6352, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 6349, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 6348, Lady Angel wrote:I also heavily doubt that town has three protective roles and would advise looking in there after we sort the Meme Men/Nico/NSG situation out.
Why?
So far, all we've seen from scum is a role that is blatantly only useful for town and a role that forces a lynch, which backfired. While this can obviously be proven false the more scum roles we've seen, none of the claimed roles or roles we've heard about so far really would balance out town having three protective roles yet.
For your point on the protectives, dont forget all of them have drawbacks.

My role was a trap that was supposed to be lynched on D1 (and almost was).

The bodyguard doesnt actually save a town from dying since it dies itself

The loud babysitter
allows scum to do a double kill if it ever visits scum
(or have the weird outcome of killing themselves along with the babysitter).

But ill happily agree we shouldnt automatically assume theyre all town.
Huh???
It looks like you mixed up something but the stuff in parentheses says otherwise. Wtf is the meaning of the bolded?
If scum nightkills the babysitter, it kills both the babysitter and the baby. If the babysitter ever visits scum, due to the loud modifier, the scum can kill her + her baby the next night.
That’s not bad thinking, but it’s wrong. Why would Jingle play around it like he did if the person who did it was outright stated? I assume that assumption of the babysitter’s exact ID being revealed is influencing your analysis.
I didnt really analyze anything, I just stated that the thought of "town cannot have three protectives" -might potentially be wrong-, since all three roles aren't unconditional protection.

Regardless, that babysitter targetting Jingle and NR (thats what the claims were right?) already shows that.....it might not even exist or just be scum.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6403 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6402, Vecna wrote:
In post 6348, Lady Angel wrote:I also heavily doubt that town has three protective roles and would advise looking in there after we sort the Meme Men/Nico/NSG situation out.
Why?
So far, all we've seen from scum is a role that is blatantly only useful for town and a role that forces a lynch, which backfired. While this can obviously be proven false the more scum roles we've seen, none of the claimed roles or roles we've heard about so far really would balance out town having three protective roles yet.

The loud babysitter

Huh???
It looks like you mixed up something but the stuff in parentheses says otherwise. Wtf is the meaning of the bolded?
If scum nightkills the babysitter, it kills both the babysitter and the baby. If the babysitter ever visits scum, due to the loud modifier, the scum can kill her + her baby the next night.
That’s not bad thinking, but it’s wrong. Why would Jingle play around it like he did if the person who did it was outright stated? I assume that assumption of the babysitter’s exact ID being revealed is influencing your analysis.
I didnt really analyze anything, I just stated that the thought of "town cannot have three protectives" -might potentially be wrong-, since all three roles aren't unconditional protection.

Regardless, that babysitter targetting Jingle and NR (thats what the claims were right?) already shows that.....it might not even exist or just be scum.
Why do you think those targets imply that?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6404 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: vungote
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6405 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:47 pm

Post by Porkens »

Unvote
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6406 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:49 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 6403, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Why?

The loud babysitter

Huh???

Those targets only make sense really if (censored) is the babysitter and just wanted those people to die in the offchance he was killed that night. Taking that risk to reveal yourself on people you want to die is really stupid though.

Just ask yourself; was scum EVER going to kill Jingle or NR with townclears aplenty? Ofcourse not
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6407 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Vecna »

Gamma Emerald, I do not approve of your new avatar
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6408 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Vecna »

Its like staring at me and mocking me
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6409 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6406, Vecna wrote:
In post 6403, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Why?

The loud babysitter

Huh???

Those targets only make sense really if (censored) is the babysitter and just wanted those people to die in the offchance he was killed that night. Taking that risk to reveal yourself on people you want to die is really stupid though.

Just ask yourself; was scum EVER going to kill Jingle or NR with townclears aplenty? Ofcourse not
Okay
I didn’t think you took that into account tbh, that’s something I see as possible

Also, I wanted an avatar to work with one I suggested for someone else, and this one worked for the avatar size limits. Sorry if it looks mocking, that’s not the intent. The character in question is questionably crazy FYI.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6410 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Vecna »

Are you scum this game GE? Youre feeling so weird
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6411 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6410, Vecna wrote:Are you scum this game GE? Youre feeling so weird
Nah
Just a little out of my mind, which may or may not have its reasons
When did you start feeling this way
<Embrace The Void>

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6412 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Vecna »

I honestly cant recall if its been since the start of the game or it started somewhere along the way, but its been at least a while now (month+?). You feel a bit like youre like.......Gamma Emerald light? what id imagine happened to a hyperactive cat if you pump it full of sedatives, but without it completely passing out.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6413 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I guess it’s just me being kinda jaded
Now that we’re past the mastina hurdle I hope you’ll see a change but it’s possible the damage to my WIM can’t be reversed
<Embrace The Void>

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6414 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Vecna »

Your WIM?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6415 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Want It More? Have you seriously not heard that before?
<Embrace The Void>

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6416 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:40 am

Post by Vecna »

nope
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6417 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:23 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 6400, NicoRobin wrote:My claim is still what it was before, Conditional Tracker Conditional Triplevoter. All of my tracks got the result of 'visited no-one'.
So why aren't you saying who visited no one?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6418 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:29 am

Post by Jingle »

Firebringer - Neighborizor who gives his neighbor the ability to track/watch/voyeur 1 shot each until all used.
Adelbert Steiner - Self Resurrector (No Flip).

Nicorobin - Triplevoter/Tracker, target's choice. (Target's choice is to tell her role, confirmed by mastina/me/Porkens)
Jingle- Yo, been doing the pizza thing. Didn't really hide it.
Vecna- Loud? Jailkeeper with a PR, reflexive fruit vendor (musical flavor IIRC)
Shoshin- Delayed entrance bg
Creature- Flavor Cop (Receives incomplete/useless results)
Meme Men- Pinball Machine Doublevoter

Lady Angel - 'Basically VT'
jjh927- Vote Freezer 1 Shot Deathproof

Invisibility (Cannot have acted last night, was absent for entire phase.)
Aristophanes (Claimed to have not acted last night for one of the reasons given in the PR Roleblocker pm)

Porkens (Refused to give role to NR N1)
Gamma Emerald
Nero Cain
Whemestar
Northsidegal

Abilities we know exist but cannot place:
Roleblocker who causes PRs about the roleblock lasting one day.
Babysitter who appears to be treating their role as a vig shot.

I actually forgot about Adalbert's for a while, but the rest of these are from memory. I may have forgotten somebody.
This is a Parachute.
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6419 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:45 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Eod 4 votecount:

Mastina (9): Creature, Nicorobin, Gamma Emerald, Firebringer, Aristophanes, Whemestar, Shiro, Sora, Porkens
Firebringer (0):

No lynch (3): Lady Angel, Jingle, jjh

Not Voting: Northsidegal, Mastina, Adelbert Steiner, Invisibility, Nero Cain (said he intended to hammer and I still tr him)), Vecna, Shoshin

----------

What I don't get is why jjh claimed death proof/bp because then scum would just target other people - makes no sense coming from town as a town tpr.
Something else suspect is how LA/jjh/jingle voted for no lynch on eod 4.
Can Jingle (thank you) or someone give us a vc btw? We didn't even get the day phase updated for the thread....

-LH
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6420 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6339, Shoshin wrote:I probably wouldn't have used the role until now anyway, since there wasn't anyone worth bodyguarding.
Objectively wrong, but actually the claim and this seems both consistent with you being town and your flavor, so there's that.

Allow me to explain.

BG only happens if you choose someone who is also the nightkill. The argument you have for not targeting an IC (Sometimes IC's are useless, or wrong, or whatnot) is 100% valid. You should always target someone though. If you don't have a clear player worth targeting, you should target someone whose read on the game is different than yours in a significant way.

This is because if they are not a large threat to scum, they are unlikely to be targeted for the Nightkill. If they are a large threat to scum, their read on the game is probably more accurate than your own. You are not qualified to decide for sure that your read is an accurate/the best one, because that very bias is what is likely to be swaying your read. And if you are correct and the other player is wrong, they're also unlikely to be killed, meaning that you don't die a meaningless/antitown death.

Also, throwing off a plan scum has in place is almost always going to be positive utility.

Of course, this changes in the presence of a vig (in which case you also have to outguess who the vig is going to shoot) or if scum does something incredibly stupid like shoot at themselves (legitimately has happened), but those cases are rare enough that bodyguards should guard pretty much every day.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6421 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Jingle »

I'm fine with Shoshin being provisionally trustworthy at this point, which means that we have a potential max remaining scum of 4. The case of 5 remaining scum was always a very unlikely longshot anyway.
This is a Parachute.
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6422 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:51 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Jingle why did you no lynch.

-LH
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6423 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:51 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Also, will try to compile vc going forward (if manageable). So, nvm my request for a vc. Will try and do it myself so we can keep track.

-LH
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6424 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6417, THE MEME MEN wrote:So why aren't you saying who visited no one?
The way her role works, her target has 48 hours after daystart to choose whether to send her role or make her a triplevoter.

She then gets the results from RC (presumably). Her not having results for today yet is consistent.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”