Goon
Goon

Post Post #6425 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:00 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Compiled vc for people being voted.

Votecount 5.01

jingle (1) : nero
nico (5) : jjh, lady, nsg, creat, fb,

Not Voting: Sora, Northsidegal, Aristophanes, Nicorobin, Lady Angel, Whemestar, Adelbert Steiner, Invisibility???, jjh927, Gamma Emerald, Jingle, Porkens, Nero Cain, Firebringer, Shiro, Creature, Vecna, Shoshin
- not updated

With 17 alive it's 10 to lynch. (no mod error in this #)

The day will end in (expired on 2018-11-24 19:00:00) - when will day end?

------------

jjh & nico have been at each other's throats on d4. Today d5, jjh is voting nico. That was part of the reasoning we included nico & nsg to be checked. If it's suboptimal since we didn't parity investigate a confirmed town vs an unknown, well, we didn't think of that. We thought what would make sense most , at the time of n4 so we did what we thought best.

----------
The way Nico's role works, her target has 48 hours after daystart to choose whether to send her role or make her a triplevoter.

She then gets the results from RC (presumably). Her not having results for today yet is consistent.

Having a triplevoter AND a doublevoter parity cop town, makes little to no sense.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6426 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:05 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 6417, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 6400, NicoRobin wrote:My claim is still what it was before, Conditional Tracker Conditional Triplevoter. All of my tracks got the result of 'visited no-one'.
So why aren't you saying who visited no one?
Poreksn, mastina and jjh are who I checked so far.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6427 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Jingle »

Votecount 5.241.1:

Gamma Emerald (0):
Porkens (0):
Fire

Aristophanes (0):
NSG

Lady Angel: (0):
Whemestar (0):
Jingle (0):
Creature
, Nero
Firebringer (0):
Creature (0):
Nero Cain (0):
The Meme Men (0): Porkens
jjh927 (0):
Vecna (0):
Adelbert Steiner (0):
Northsidegal (0):
Creature

Invisibility??? (0):
Nicorobin (0): JJH, Lady Angel, NSG, Creature, Fire,
Porkens

Shoshin (0):

Not Voting: Sora, Aristophanes, Nicorobin, Whemestar, Adelbert Steiner, Invisibility???, Gamma Emerald, Jingle, Shiro, Vecna, Shoshin

Slightly more complete votecount. Porkens attempted to unvote you but tag failed, so his vote should still be there. Also included the votes that were made and changed already for reference.

The vote threshhold, assuming it is calculated the way I think it is (1 additional player because of public doublevoter) will drop if Vizzy is modkilled, so L-1 is functionally a hammer here.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6428 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6426, NicoRobin wrote:Poreksn, mastina and jjh are who I checked so far.
Oh yeah, forgot this in the roles thing. IF NR is town, we also have a redirector/busdriver type role that moved her from jjh to me on N3.
This is a Parachute.
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6429 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:11 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 6428, Jingle wrote:Oh yeah, forgot this in the roles thing. IF NR is town, we also have a redirector/busdriver type role that moved her from jjh to me on N3.
how do you know this

-LH
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6430 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6425, THE MEME MEN wrote:jjh & nico have been at each other's throats on d4. Today d5, jjh is voting nico. That was part of the reasoning we included nico & nsg to be checked. If it's suboptimal since we didn't parity investigate a confirmed town vs an unknown, well, we didn't think of that. We thought what would make sense most , at the time of n4 so we did what we thought best.
Nah, parity cop should always check two slots in the PoE pool unless it's the day before LYLO. Your choice was fine. Personally, I would have gone for more lurker-y people than NSG and NR (Wheme and GE/Ari, probably) but not targeting conftown wasn't a mistake.
This is a Parachute.
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6431 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

ok. But why did you no lynch.

-LH
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6432 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Jingle »

Because at the beginning of D4 I got a PM from Raybells saying that NR was demanding my role.

Being as I am a fruit vendor, I gave 0 shits about her knowing that and let her have the knowledge. She claims that she got me going nowhere, which is consistent with the fact that I was roleblocked.

I let her pressure jj for a while because I thought it was a reaction test, but claimed receiving the PM as soon as I decided it was likely a real misunderstanding.
This is a Parachute.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6433 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 6426, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 6400, NicoRobin wrote:My claim is still what it was before, Conditional Tracker Conditional Triplevoter. All of my tracks got the result of 'visited no-one'.
And N4?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6434 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Jingle »

Because, mechanically, it was the right play. Still is in hindsight. And I am uncompromising about espousing optimal mechanical play, because allowing people to make bad decisions mechanically encourages sloppy behaviors that more often than not make games unwinnable for town.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6435 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6179, Jingle wrote:For the record, the optimal play was: Gladiate Anyone. Gladiate specifically Shoshin. Gladiate Y players, where Y is the number of additional players afforded by scumlynches and successful protections. Gladiate Meme Men, at exactly the point when number of players alive satisfied the mathematical equation I just linked.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6436 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6406, Vecna wrote:Those targets only make sense really if (censored) is the babysitter and just wanted those people to die in the offchance he was killed that night. Taking that risk to reveal yourself on people you want to die is really stupid though.

Just ask yourself; was scum EVER going to kill Jingle or NR with townclears aplenty? Ofcourse not
This, btw, was exactly why I was trying not to out that the doc was a babysitter. I even made it clear that I thought I was a bad doc target.

Babysitter chooses to act as a vig or a doctor, but the role is kinda shitty at being either. In this case, they're clearly trying to be a vig. Scum babysitter doesn't make a ton of sense rn, what with all of the missing kills and the complete lack of evidence for the existence of a vig. There being a loud doc is a great reason for scum to go dochunting (presumably in the nonclears) as shooting for clears with a doc in the setup is tantamount to suicide. I was lowkey hinting I might be the doc with all the refusals to address why no-one else had gotten the result, and I fully expect at least mastina picked up on it because she knows the way I think to a certain degree. My read on me being roleblocked was that I was successful there, but didn't manage to draw the nightkill.

Additionally, if the scumteam began hunting the babysitter AND found them while they were acting like a vig, then we had a kill on a scummy slot.

And with that, I think I've put most of the cards I've been holding back out on the table.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6437 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think Shoshin is *kinda* scummy. Like, idk the impression I get is that she thinks she's super good player so I never really understood why she'd lurk and not do things. The whole "Nero is voting me b/c he's scum that wants to lynch me." was so fucking stupid and seemed a little scummy to me and I didn't like how Jingle was saying she was more likely to be 3p than mafia and that appeal where she used the mods words to try to argue that she was mod confirmed town BUT BUT given her role I think she's very unlikely to be in the original 5 scum. Let's hunt the remaining confirmed 3 scum and if the game isn't over we can come back.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6438 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:21 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 6433, Vecna wrote:
In post 6426, NicoRobin wrote:
And N4?
No one. I forgot to.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6439 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:22 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 6431, THE MEME MEN wrote:ok. But why did you no lynch.

-LH
@Jingle Why aren't you answering this one? If you are town, you should have no qualms about answering it......
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6440 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6437, Nero Cain wrote:I think she's very unlikely to be in the original 5 scum.
The OP changed when she entered. Originally it said there were 5 scum, 16 town and 1 player of indeterminate alignment.

It now says that there are 5 scum 16 town and 2 players of indeterminate alignment.

Thus, Shoshin would have to be a sixth scum player in order to be scum, and Shoshin would have to be scum in order for there to be 7 scum.

Either way, there are at least 3 scum remaining outside of Shoshin, so yes. She is pretty much off the table for the foreseeable future.

And I retracted the likely 3rd party bit as soon as she claimed, so...
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6441 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6439, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 6431, THE MEME MEN wrote:ok. But why did you no lynch.

-LH
@Jingle Why aren't you answering this one? If you are town, you should have no qualms about answering it......
I already did. Twice.
In post 6434, Jingle wrote:Because, mechanically, it was the right play. Still is in hindsight. And I am uncompromising about espousing optimal mechanical play, because allowing people to make bad decisions mechanically encourages sloppy behaviors that more often than not make games unwinnable for town.
In post 6435, Jingle wrote:
In post 6179, Jingle wrote:For the record, the optimal play was: Gladiate Anyone. Gladiate specifically Shoshin. Gladiate Y players, where Y is the number of additional players afforded by scumlynches and successful protections. Gladiate Meme Men, at exactly the point when number of players alive satisfied the mathematical equation I just linked.
This is a Parachute.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6442 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:34 am

Post by NicoRobin »

Well, then, I give up. Have me lynched and then cruise your way to victory, since no one here gives a damn about winning or losing, clearly. Enjoy Steven Universe 2 Mafia: The re-hash.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6443 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I said something back on d2 I think that I thought it was funny that Mastina was Nico's sole target. I could buy a bussing case and its 50/50 between her and NSG so....
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6444 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

on the flipside, I think JJH is pretty scummy and NSG is using his activity as a town tell. So I've been feeling like that's pretty scummy.

I feel like the Varsoon thing was a bus and scum are prob on it, yes?

or we could just like avoid an NSG/Nico vote today and like lynch Jingle or Vecna, yeah?

THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6445 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Nico I kinda don't get why you seem so disinterested in NSG. Like I didn't come into today thinking you were the obvious pick and I kinda don't get why a few people think NSG is strong town cause I haven't seen a lot of town thought process from her. Like I don't see why you aren't pushing a strong case on her tbh

-rh
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6446 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 6445, THE MEME MEN wrote:Nico I kinda don't get why you seem so disinterested in NSG. Like I didn't come into today thinking you were the obvious pick and I kinda don't get why a few people think NSG is strong town cause I haven't seen a lot of town thought process from her. Like I don't see why you aren't pushing a strong case on her tbh

-rh
Because I have given up on people who have given up on reason?
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6447 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:51 am

Post by NicoRobin »

And also because people will call my case fake and say that I am 'fearmongering' and stuff, so I'll not bother.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6448 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Creature »

In post 6442, NicoRobin wrote:Well, then, I give up. Have me lynched and then cruise your way to victory, since no one here gives a damn about winning or losing, clearly. Enjoy Steven Universe 2 Mafia: The re-hash.
We won there though
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6449 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Creature »

UNVOTE:
Sigh