Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6525 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6522, Nero Cain wrote:Varsoon was Titus, yes? b/c Vecna was defending Titus.
Oh, okay. I don't think I cared about that part of the game.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6526 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why not?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6527 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 6444, Nero Cain wrote:on the flipside, I think JJH is pretty scummy and NSG is using his activity as a town tell.
no i'm not. (at least, not as my own tell for reading him)
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6528 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

to everyone asking nico why she's not putting more effort into casing me: why are you trying to give scum an out when you see something that is pretty objectively a scumtell? it's like you notice something that makes someone scum and then decide to give them the advice to stop doing that when the correct response there is to realize that it makes her scum (especially in this case specifically, even moreso than in a regular game where it could just be something like a newbie-tell)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6529 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 6527, northsidegal wrote:no i'm not. (at least, not as my own tell for reading him)
not as my *only tell

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6530 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

does nicorobin have literally any reason to believe the existence of a redirector or did she just kind of make that up?

things fall apart
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6531 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Whats the rest?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6532 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Wasn't it Jingle that brought up that there was a redirector?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6533 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6428, Jingle wrote:Oh yeah, forgot this in the roles thing. IF NR is town, we also have a redirector/busdriver type role that moved her from jjh to me on N3.
or did Nico say something b4 this?

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6534 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 6531, Nero Cain wrote:Whats the rest?
his depth of thought. his investment into the game in the first place (i.e. it seems like he very much actually cares about winning which i think is less visible in his scumgames)

i think all of his setup spec likely comes from town

i think his reasons for how he played around mastina and her role are all completely logical and reasonable for town!him to actually think whereas as scum i imagine his justification would've been worse

-shrug-

i just don't think i'm ever wrong here. i really don't think JJH is a hard player to sort, so in some sense i'm a little surprised that there seems to be so much confusion (although i can understand it as just people being unfamilair with his scum play as well as having some aversion to meta, neither of which are true for me)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6535 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 6533, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6428, Jingle wrote:Oh yeah, forgot this in the roles thing. IF NR is town, we also have a redirector/busdriver type role that moved her from jjh to me on N3.
if nicorobin is town,
she
was redirected last night to someone else. that kind of precludes meme men having been redirected on the same night (presumably)

what's more, i'm not even sure how a redirector and a parity cop would resolve.

things fall apart
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6536 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, I mean you're scum reading me so you don't seem all that great at meta. idk. I think its plenty possible that he hard defends Mastina.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6537 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 6535, northsidegal wrote:
In post 6533, Nero Cain wrote:
if nicorobin is town,
she
was redirected last night to someone else. that kind of precludes meme men having been redirected on the same night (presumably)

what's more, i'm not even sure how a redirector and a parity cop would resolve.
We're actually on day 5 here not day 4
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6538 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 6528, northsidegal wrote:to everyone asking nico why she's not putting more effort into casing me: why are you trying to give scum an out when you see something that is pretty objectively a scumtell? it's like you notice something that makes someone scum and then decide to give them the advice to stop doing that when the correct response there is to realize that it makes her scum (especially in this case specifically, even moreso than in a regular game where it could just be something like a newbie-tell)
I mean, I'm not even sure it is a scum tell, it mostly just makes her incomprehensible to me. Usually scum are faster to defend themselves tbh, but town would have taken a swing at you at some point as well rather than just qqing, so

-rh
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6539 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

wow. it's impressive how wrong you are in just a single sentence.

1) i'm not scumreading you. you are among a pool of people who i am not townreading. there is a distinction.
2) i haven't
done
any meta on you, so my read on you could not at all indicate my level of proficiency when it comes to using meta to read people. if you think there's an obvious distinction between your towngame and scumgame, i'd love to take a look if you could link me some recent town and scumgames.

as for it being possible that he hard defends mastina: sure. i mean, it's not like it's impossible that he, as scum, would hard defend mastina. that small detail is pretty irrelevant to him being town by play though, i would argue. like, even if creature had hard defended scum or something this game, i would still say that he's more likely to be town – do you see what i'm getting at?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6540 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by northsidegal »

here's me catching jjh as scum on page 5, before i even knew about his meta. later on in the day i
did
look at his meta and it made things even more obvious.

i'm honestly getting kind of tired of talking so much about jjh and why he's town and i don't understand how or why people keep asking me about it.

things fall apart
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6541 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Jjh is definitely town. Besides just being town from his play (especially early on), there's no way scum defends Mastina the way he did, just very very unlikely.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6542 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Nero's just probably scum, NSG. So don't worry too much about convincing him. The guy thinks I'm scum lol...
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6543 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

glad someone agrees. i'm gonna stop bringing it up now (despite loving every chance i get to link to how amazing i was of course in open 728)

things fall apart
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6544 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6535, northsidegal wrote:what's more, i'm not even sure how a redirector and a parity cop would resolve.
Standard redirector would probs just give a result of Same Alignment (because he'd target the same person twice).

That said, Busdriver wouldn't necessarily be detectable, and nonstandard redirector could do just about anything.

Also, the existence of a role like that is only self evident if NR is telling the truth about having targeted jjh initially. (Yesterday)
This is a Parachute.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6545 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Hey Jingle, how are things going on your end? Any update on your reads?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6546 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6543, northsidegal wrote:glad someone agrees. i'm gonna stop bringing it up now (despite loving every chance i get to link to how amazing i was of course in open 728)
if u want i can brag for u. just give me the codeword
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6547 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean sure. Like its equally plausible that he's wrong town and scum that hard defended his buddy. You could argue he's null. At some point i need to re iso him b/c I can't remember anything he's done besides defend Mastina.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6548 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 6517, Nero Cain wrote:probably nothing. I mean, you want to talk to fire b/c he's conftown. We had a conftowm before Fire that you never tried to work with. So I kinda agree with Fire in that in looks like you are buddying him but I'm not going to lynch you until we lynch the other 3 scum and the game is still going on.
btw this is a good example of why Nero's scum. Like, Fire understandably got paranoid that I was trying to buddy up to him... and I said as much. But Nero goes a step further and starts stoking Fire's paranoia with questions that Nero himself admits don't have any scumhunting direction or intent... he's just trying to make Fire more paranoid of me, which is a really scummy thing to do because that's how scum get town to mislynch townies...
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6549 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

okay shoshin but even so nero isn't advocating for ur lynch, and would u agree u are likely to die within a few days anyways given ur role?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”