RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:26 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

what games has she not power played?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:04 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 500, RadiantCowbells wrote:what games has she not power played?
Open 721 PYP is an example where I think she didn't power played, and Open 728 is an example where she did. What's your definition of power playing? Maybe we have different concepts and we are not agreeing on that because of this.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:10 am

there's a billion times more analysis in the early posting in 721 than in what she's done here.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:12 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 502, RadiantCowbells wrote:there's a billion times more analysis in the early posting in 721 than in what she's done here.
I consider setup analysis as NAI, not town. She wasn't contributing on reads on early game
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:16 am

not just setup analysis? she's stated reads and like made a token effort to give 'reasons' but it's really obviously not the same? i'm not sure where we're not seeing eye to eye

like ruru hydra's posts in this game include 1 3 line post, about 10 2 line posts, and rest are 1 line posts. there's no real analysis of reads in any of those posts, just a couple stated positions
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:27 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 504, RadiantCowbells wrote:not just setup analysis? she's stated reads and like made a token effort to give 'reasons' but it's really obviously not the same? i'm not sure where we're not seeing eye to eye

like ruru hydra's posts in this game include 1 3 line post, about 10 2 line posts, and rest are 1 line posts. there's no real analysis of reads in any of those posts, just a couple stated positions
First of all, I mostly read her by her tone and not by content, so obviously we won't approach the slot the same way. Of course I agree that she hasn't done much, but as I said, neither you or other players. ruru tends to blend pretty good on playerlists when she's town. If the rest of the players are making effort, she will too; that's why in Open 721 and 728 she fluffed less. Players like Mathdino intimidated her.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:30 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Ok but enough of this, we're clearly not getting anywhere. Are you scumreading me or townreading me? Do you think I could be Blackjacks' partner because of this?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:32 am

i think that you're town regardless, just wrong town. and i'm scumreading ruru off tone too.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Nibbui »

I don't know what to think honestly.

I would say I don't like Pintu defending Ruru this hard when even if you say that you are reading her off tone, she has mostly only memed this game.

I can see why you could think that as town having played with scum her that time.

I wanted to wait a bit more to drop this on the table but I guess it's my fault for asking RC that question.

I've been pretty insterested in BJ, because although Ofrhz has been pretty ok, Ruru hasn't and I mulling that over.

Pintu, from what I've seen Ruru only has played scum on that newbie game with you. You guys lost. What do you think that Ruru would try to change in her scum play seeing what happened there?

Or do you perhaps think that she would just try to apply the same formula?
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:49 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 508, Nibbui wrote: I would say I don't like Pintu defending Ruru this hard when even if you say that you are reading her off tone, she has mostly only memed this game.

Pintu, from what I've seen Ruru only has played scum on that newbie game with you. You guys lost. What do you think that Ruru would try to change in her scum play seeing what happened there?
1. "mostly" is the key word.
2. She would try to look confident to fool players like me who will defend her for being confident. It's pretty simple: if she's fooling me, good on her, means she has improved a lot since that game we had together. But I think she can't fool me that easily.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:51 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In any case, you shouldn't worry about me defending ruru that much. If we were both scum, I wouldn't be doing this and you should know that since we played together as scum. If my partner is not playing as good as I am doing, I would certainly bus. So either I'm town and think ruru is town, or I'm scum and I'm trying to pocket ruru. Both cases are too difficult to determine right now from your point of view.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Nibbui »

I'm not so sure that you can't be a possible partner, even if in that game you did bus, I believe you can be that flexible.

I don't think it's a good theory in this moment though, WIFOM from the get-go usually isn't helpful,
right now
It doesn't feel like you're Ruru's partner, it just felt a bit unnatural for you to come so strongly in her defense, it remembers a bit of you defending a townie in Jungle Replubic without consenting to any points from the opposite side (I think it was Skitter?). Anyway, I don't know much of your play but I'm feeling a different Pintu than what I saw in Open 720 and am surprised, although I haven't read the game completely.

I particularly have changed my meta a lot so maybe you did as well, but I was expecting a more open Pintu :(
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:10 am

Post by pinturicchio »

I haven't played for like 4 months, I think that's all I can say about meta. But good call about 725, I was indeed defending strongly a town player; the difference is that, in that case, I was defending a town player who was very mislynchable. I don't think ruru needs me defending her.

Yeah, I'm very flexible, but I'm not stupid. Getting this much attention on ruru's slot and mine is a no no. The only player who's openly scumreading ruru is RC.

I think you're just having trouble sorting me and you're inclined to believe that I'm scum because of that lack of sorting. Don't worry, you'll get there. I believe you're town here, so you'll eventually have to work with me.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Nibbui »

Yeah, maybe it's that.

I guess I'm just taken aback you sounded for me more similar to Open 725 than Open 720 but it's been 4 months you haven't played at all. Seems reasonable and I hope that if we're town I can get to town read you and work together. :wink:

To keep going on with the chat, I might as well say that I to let people talk about themselves. :]

Pintu, do you think that you're with a different mindset in this game than you were in Open 720?

If it's something you changed consciously, why you did so?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 513, Nibbui wrote: To keep going on with the chat, I might as well say that I love to let people talk about themselves. :]
Fixing typo here

I need to readproof more...really... :cry:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 am

proofread
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:29 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 513, Nibbui wrote:Yeah, maybe it's that.

I guess I'm just taken aback you sounded for me more similar to Open 725 than Open 720 but it's been 4 months you haven't played at all. Seems reasonable and I hope that if we're town I can get to town read you and work together. :wink:

To keep going on with the chat, I might as well say that I to let people talk about themselves. :]

Pintu, do you think that you're with a different mindset in this game than you were in Open 720?

My filosophy about my meta is not do anything consciously, but improvise depending the circumstances, and to let how I'm feeling to command my playstyle, in order to soun as real as I can, either as town or scum. I can't recall how I played in 720, but it was in a different moment on my life: I was finishing college, had the most important test of my life in a month or so, things with my girlfriend were a little complicated (not with our relationship per se, but family stuff from her side)... So if I had to guess, I must've been much more confrontational in games that happened during that period. Maybe more "I know what I'm doing" in order to convince myself of that in real life :lol: now I recently graduated, my girlfriend is better... I don't know, I can't define how my life is affecting my playstyle right now, but it's definately different.

So tl;dr: I think I'm playing differently not because of alignment, but because of what is going on my life right now. You would feel me differently either as town or as scum.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 515, RadiantCowbells wrote:proofread
:cry:
that's just sad you know?
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:32 am

Post by pinturicchio »

And please don't ask me to read 720 again. I only remember having fun 'cause I was the hider, but that game was a clusterfuck at some point
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 516, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 513, Nibbui wrote:Yeah, maybe it's that.

My filosophy about my meta is not do anything consciously, but improvise depending the circumstances, and to let how I'm feeling to command my playstyle, in order to soun as real as I can, either as town or scum. I can't recall how I played in 720, but it was in a different moment on my life: I was finishing college, had the most important test of my life in a month or so, things with my girlfriend were a little complicated (not with our relationship per se, but family stuff from her side)... So if I had to guess, I must've been much more confrontational in games that happened during that period. Maybe more "I know what I'm doing" in order to convince myself of that in real life :lol: now I recently graduated, my girlfriend is better... I don't know, I can't define how my life is affecting my playstyle right now, but it's definately different.

So tl;dr: I think I'm playing differently not because of alignment, but because of what is going on my life right now. You would feel me differently either as town or as scum.
This was good :]

I hope things keep getting better and better for you, feel free to ask me anything as well :wink:

How you feel about Spring and Volxen?
In post 518, pinturicchio wrote:And please don't ask me to read 720 again. I only remember having fun 'cause I was the hider, but that game was a clusterfuck at some point
Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about :(
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:43 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 519, Nibbui wrote: This was good :]

I hope things keep getting better and better for you, feel free to ask me anything as well :wink:

How you feel about Spring and Volxen?
Thanks man, appreciate it.

I agree with RC about Volxen, but it's null for me. We have to see more from that slot to determine what's going on, specially for the replacement that fell kinda odd for me.

Without looking at his ISO, I can't recall anything useful coming from Spring, and that's not good. I mean, Clem has done anything either, but at least I remember he has been shitposting all along. Spring? Nothing, not a single thing about him. Usually, I try to focus on a group of players first to see if I can sort them out and leave some slots for lates. I'm only giving Spring a pass 'cause he's one of those "later" players, but in a 4:9 setup, I'm more inclined to believe he's part of the 4 and not the 9.
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 492, RadiantCowbells wrote:ruru in our last game started talking on d1 about how it was autolose if she left scum me alive and seriously advocated policy lynching me day one.
this game she's avoided me entirely, has made zero decent content posts, and is shit pushing town.
I didn't push your policy lynch day one, you just acted like I did

I strongly believed in policy copping you day two because I misunderstood the setup

players I would policy lynch 100% of the time are players like jaydragonking who always lose the game for town as either alignment

you're someone I would consider pling d1 if I don't have any scumreads, and there are setups where I would consider pling you even if I had scumreads, but I don't feel like pling you is particularly good in this setup.

-r
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Nibbui »

@Pintu it's a reasonable opinion on them I guess.

@Ruru, do you think you have been more memey and less engaged in this game than normal? Why do you think so? (be it yes or no to the first question)
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Blackjacks »

yes, because I'm here to meme with ofrhz and enjoy myself
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 523, Blackjacks wrote:yes, because I'm here to meme with ofrhz and enjoy myself
What do you think that scum you would be doing here differently?

Return to “Completed Open Games”