Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 486, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 368, volxen wrote:What was your motivation in making this post? The part about warning people about voting. We aren't in lylo, so why would all four scum be inclined to all join the same wagon and quicklynch a townie on day one, when that would potentially bring all four of them under a lot of scrutiny on day two? Especially if the four scum were all the last four voters on the wagon and quickly voted back-to-back to bring the wagon to lynch. In lylo it would make sense for that to happen, but it doesn't make sense for the scumteam to do that on day one. It seems strange to be discouraging voting this early on in the game, especially since voting/pressuring is one way to help the game transition from "RVS" to "serious mode".
this is towny and the only real reason to scumread them is lack of content. it's just a generic bad wagon
what's towny about this post?

-r
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:03 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.7
Gamma Emerald (1):
Keyser Söze
THE MEME MEN (3):
Volxen , Aster , Gamma Emerald
Nibbui (1):
pinturicchio
Volxen (2):
Blackjacks , THE MEME MEN
Firebringer (1):
Clemency
Springtrap (2):
Firebringer , Nibbui

Not voting (3):
ceejayvinoya, RadiantCowbells, Springtrap

With 13 alive, it’s 7 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-09 14:42:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:08 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

it's legitimate analysis of what scum vs town would do, something that is entirely absent from your iso.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 524, Nibbui wrote:
In post 523, Blackjacks wrote:yes, because I'm here to meme with ofrhz and enjoy myself
What do you think that scum you would be doing here differently?
I probably wouldn't post things like 102/115/260 or if I did I would overexplain them to make sure that everyone "got" them

I might also be trying harder to look like I'm efforting

-r
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 528, Blackjacks wrote:
In post 524, Nibbui wrote:
In post 523, Blackjacks wrote:yes, because I'm here to meme with ofrhz and enjoy myself
What do you think that scum you would be doing here differently?
I probably wouldn't post things like 102/115/260 or if I did I would overexplain them to make sure that everyone "got" them

I might also be trying harder to look like I'm efforting

-r
I see

from what I've researched, you've only rolled scum once in one of your first games. What do you think you learned about playing as scum with that game, and what do you think you need to improve as scum?
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Blackjacks »

when I'm scum I actually just can't write posts, which presumably only improves with practice.

people also tend to gut/tone read me as scum

-r
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 530, Blackjacks wrote:when I'm scum I actually just can't write posts, which presumably only improves with practice.

people also tend to gut/tone read me as scum

-r
if you can't write good elabored posts as scum, do you think you would try to improve it as the games goes on or do you think that you would find to be a good tactic to simplify your play overall as you've been doing here and not need to elaborate posts at all?
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Blackjacks »

I can write elaborate wallposts as scum, I can fake trajectories, I can double-check my entire iso for internal consistencies, etc.

I just can't

like I think I was the lowest living poster in that game
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Clemency »

can't relate
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 532, Blackjacks wrote:I can write elaborate wallposts as scum, I can fake trajectories, I can double-check my entire iso for internal consistencies, etc.

I just can't

like I think I was the lowest living poster in that game
I mean, maybe you just didn't express yourself in the best way just as I misintepreted it but in the original post you say
In post 530, Blackjacks wrote:when I'm scum I actually just can't
write
posts, which presumably only improves with practice.
But yeah, thanks for explaining, that helped :wink:

although I'm taking this change of expression with a bit of salt...
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Aster »

First things first. There seems to be some rumour circulating that "Aster" means "Disaster". I wish to clarify that the rumours are entirely false. In fact, they are quite the
opposite
of the truth.

The prefix "dis-" is from Latin origin that is used to express a negative or opposite [1]. Examples are "disassemble" being the opposite of "assemble" and "distrust" being the opposite of "trust". As such, "disaster" or Dis-Aster, is the
opposite
of "Aster". Using the laws of logic, it follows that Aster is the
opposite
of Disaster.

The name "Aster" ought to be associated with things like blessing and salvation, or in mafia context, perfect victories.

Any further questions?
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Aster »

In post 462, pinturicchio wrote:So: I scumread her because of something specific ---> she replies with a tone that ressembles her town range ---> I stop caring about the initial specific thing 'cause I have something better. Is this now clear?
My problem is not that you dropped the initial specific thing, it is that you dropped something else than the initial specific thing.

The chain or logic is: you think that Blackjacks is scummy because they put effort in their RVS. To have this claim be applicable, Blackjacks must've written their post after receiving their role. To prove that this claim is applicaple, you try to prove "Blackjacks wrote their post in pregame". Then Blackjacks confirms that the post was written after having received the role.

When you drop the case against Blackjacks, you act like "wrote post in pregame" is the scumtell you no longer care about, whereas "effort in RVS" should be the scumtell you no longer care about. It gives me the impression that you forgot what your case was about or how it was structured.

Of course it is plausible that you were just a confused townie, but I would expect scum to be more likely than townies to forget what their cases were about because they care more about finding some scumtells to point fingers at than finding real reasons others are scum.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused by the Blackjacks/ruru case. Since mentions of ruru's meta were made, I presumed that ruru's meta would be "useless lurker" like in this game, but RadiantCowbells asserts it isn't and it is rare for ruru to lurk this much? Even if claimed this is not the only game where ruru lurks, how can you be so sure about reading the "tone" of her messages if she rarely ever plays like this? I'd think there's little data to compare her to.

I guess you can't answer this question, but it is just something I'm worndering about.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 535, Aster wrote:First things first. There seems to be some rumour circulating that "Aster" means "Disaster". I wish to clarify that the rumours are entirely false. In fact, they are quite the
opposite
of the truth.

The prefix "dis-" is from Latin origin that is used to express a negative or opposite [1]. Examples are "disassemble" being the opposite of "assemble" and "distrust" being the opposite of "trust". As such, "disaster" or Dis-Aster, is the
opposite
opposite
of Disaster.

The name "Aster" ought to be associated with things like blessing and salvation, or in mafia context, perfect victories.

Any further questions?
It was even funnier than the "dis
Aster
" pun all the while being serious.

That's some talent right here I guess.
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 481, Nibbui wrote: You guys accused him of the Ellitell, posting somewhere else while not posting in a certain game.

However, in my vision the Ellitell works on cases where the player is
purely
not interested in posting on that game while posting on others, if he might have had other reasons that tell fells flat. Volxen had only logged in for some time back then, and although he posted in one game, Keyser already said he didn't post in another one he is in as well.
In the time span between and , volxen was only playing in one other game in which he made multiple posts.

Ellitell has worked on volxen in the past; he’s more likely to post when he’s town.

/ofrhz
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Firebringer »

i like ur hat disaster
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:57 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 520, pinturicchio wrote:I agree with RC about Volxen, but it's null for me.
What parts did you agree with?
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 540, ofrhz wrote:
In post 520, pinturicchio wrote:I agree with RC about Volxen, but it's null for me.
:facepalm:
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:05 am

Post by volxen »

In post 538, Blackjacks wrote:
In post 481, Nibbui wrote: You guys accused him of the Ellitell, posting somewhere else while not posting in a certain game.

purely
not interested in posting on that game while posting on others, if he might have had other reasons that tell fells flat. Volxen had only logged in for some time back then, and although he posted in one game, Keyser already said he didn't post in another one he is in as well.
In the time span between and , volxen was only playing in one other game in which he made multiple posts.

Ellitell has worked on volxen in the past; he’s more likely to post when he’s town.

/ofrhz
I mean, I'm not sure why you are putting so much stock in this. I only have one completed scum game on site, and it seems like you are scumreading me here because of a certain ongoing game. At times I have gaps in my posts as both alignments. And yes if I am playing multiple games, I may not post each day in each game.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:13 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 541, Blackjacks wrote:
In post 540, ofrhz wrote:
:facepalm:
That the only reason to scumread him is lack of content, and by that reason I could scumread half of the player list
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Nibbui »

purely

/ofrhz
Again, he had just replaced so I don't think it would be abnormal for him to think "oh well, afterwards I catchup with that game" and just post in the game he is focused right now.

However there's two good points here:

The news that the Ellitell worked on him once is
very
appreciated (that in other words he indeed posts more as town than as scum). in what game did that happen?

Also, I suddenly noticed something when you said "multiple posts" that I had only realized in a unconscious level before...

I mean, he only came here to write
one
post and by re:checking I'm noticing a lot of difference in the ratio he posts here and elsewhere :(

Yeah, that may increase his scum equity I guess.

@RC, do you disagree with this?
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 542, volxen wrote:

purely

/ofrhz
I mean, I'm not sure why you are putting so much stock in this. I only have one completed scum game on site, and it seems like you are scumreading me here because of a certain ongoing game. At times I have gaps in my posts as both alignments. And yes if I am playing multiple games, I may not post each day in each game.
I was pretty obviously responding to the statement that you were not ellitelling. This isn’t even the only reason I’m scumreading you for anymore

What thoughts on the game do you have?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 542, volxen wrote:

purely

/ofrhz
You know, first time I wrote it off as coincidence but for the second time just when we're talking about you, you kinda shows up? :(
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Aster »

In post 539, Firebringer wrote:i like ur hat
dis
aster
Thanks. Northsidegal gave it to me <3

We are now in an officially mod-sanctioned Christmas spirit ^^
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 535, Aster wrote:First things first. There seems to be some rumour circulating that "Aster" means "Disaster". I wish to clarify that the rumours are entirely false. In fact, they are quite the
opposite
of the truth.

opposite
opposite
of Disaster.

Any further questions?
Not sure if serious
Or just fucking with people.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also I would expect to be catching more attention for one of my recent posts.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Open Games”