Newbie 1904 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Child »

In post 120, muh316 wrote:
I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to "noob" slip-ups like this. I've been in a game before where a scum player acted like a noob the entire game as a strategy. The town felt that he was a beginner and let his inactivity slide for far too long. If he's scum, I want to push him to a point where he could slip up. I'm seeing this noob behavior a lot from OKx and AbyssalLord both.
fair enough, but this could be an easy scum play claiming pushing on a new player, and if he gets hammered claiming that their inactivity was scummy to you. i have done this before as scum myself, it works like a charm, so i am sceptical.
In post 120, muh316 wrote:The reason why we don't have content in general is because there's no good activity. All I'm seeing is irrelephant + Lamees trying to form wagons on inactive players, OKx and AbysallLord coming in once a day to ask questions and Micc finding us replacements.
also true, and i dont see a single reason to make wagons on inactive players, they will likely get prodded anyway. pressure is fine, but its better to put pressure on someone who posts a lot but they say nothing of use. (which i guess is contradictory given what you did, so ill retract my vote). its understandable to use inactivity as a last ditch effort if no one has any slipups, but not so early in the day.

i also don't like the posts where someone says "say something" or "is anyone here" . if you want discussion, post something of use lol
UNVOTE: muh316
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 98, auhsoj wrote:Forgot about this.

Busy tonight but will be on tommrow, presume the only reason I'm L-2 is that I've been quiet?
yes
Agree that weekends are usually a less active time onsite
Disagree that I only like Lamees because they followed my vote - if she had followed onto another wagon I would townread her for that, too

In retrospect, I like Jim's reasoning for scumreading Lamees, though - it's more well-thought-out than I originally realized. I don't like AbyssalLord's vote, though. "they have been following votes around" - AL, can you explain why that makes her more likely to be scum?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.05
Jim Hawkins (3) -
ceejayvinoya, Lamees, Irrelephant11
Lamees (2) -
Jim Hawkins, AbyssalLord
muh316 (1) -
auhsoj
AbyssalLord (1) -
muh316

Not Voting (2) -
Okx, Child

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2018-12-09 18:30:00).

Prodding auhsoj.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

VOTE: abyssallord
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Child, any other scumreads? Your vote is most helpful as a tool when it's pressuring players to play better.
In post 124, Jim Hawkins wrote:As far as "everyone else," honestly, I'm not getting much of a read on anyone, town or scum. I guess I'm not sure if it's too early to have reads on everyone, or if I'm not analyzing people's posts deep enough. Still trying to get into the swing of this.
It is pretty early to have strong reads, but often to begin with people will share their "leans" - the players they're really *feeling* are one alignment or another.

I'm about here:

Town
{Lamees, muh316}
{Jim, Child, okx}
{ceejay, auhsoj} - about here is null, though by process of elimination I should maybe call these two scumleans as well
{abyssallord}
Scum
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Micc »

Searching for a replacement for auhsoj.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Child »

In post 129, Irrelephant11 wrote:Child, any other scumreads? Your vote is most helpful as a tool when it's pressuring players to play better.
my light scum reads would be okx and lamees. sorry if i butchered their names.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Can you explain those reads a bit? And I encourage you to vote one of them if you think they might be scum - you can always unvote later!
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Lamees »

VOTE: abyssallord

If you look on page 4, he follows my vote and votes jim right after me. Then decides to scum read me for following votes.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

are you reading jim differently than when you voted him?
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Lamees »

Not even sure about jim. My early play was to get a wagon, any one really, and get reactions from the player being wagoned. But I guess inactivity interfered with that strategy. So nothing useful came from it.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Child »

In post 132, Irrelephant11 wrote:Can you explain those reads a bit? And I encourage you to vote one of them if you think they might be scum - you can always unvote later!
ohx for same reason as abyssallord was pushed, no actual content aside from asking people to post content, which i dont like. why i scumread him and not abyssal is the fact that him not participating much is sort of put under the rug, while abyssal is pushed even after a supposed "townslip", early reading would suggest a possible ohx-muh team to me, although its a bit of a stretch, considering the fact that i dont even scumread muh. its very possible though

lamees might sound like someone who is reading and participating, but to me it just sounds like they are saying a whole lot of nothing, their posts come off as really shallow. also a lot of emphasis on the townslip thing, something that is NaI, to hide the fact that there is no real participation in there. wagons are also pretty weird

VOTE: lamees
AbyssalLord
AbyssalLord
Townie
AbyssalLord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by AbyssalLord »

In post 126, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 98, auhsoj wrote:Forgot about this.

Busy tonight but will be on tommrow, presume the only reason I'm L-2 is that I've been quiet?
yes
Agree that weekends are usually a less active time onsite
Disagree that I only like Lamees because they followed my vote - if she had followed onto another wagon I would townread her for that, too

In retrospect, I like Jim's reasoning for scumreading Lamees, though - it's more well-thought-out than I originally realized. I don't like AbyssalLord's vote, though. "they have been following votes around" - AL, can you explain why that makes her more likely to be scum?
classic ToS play where you try to follow votes early, in order to appear as a townie. players in high elo VFR people who vote near the last, vote slowly,
or don't vote at all. still stuck in the ToS mindset.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

VOTE: Lamees

kinda happier with a vote here.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

With Lamees at L-1, I'm going to UNVOTE: Lamees for the moment, just in case someone pops in unannounced with the final vote and ends the day. I am not against lynching Lamees, but with five IRL days left, I think we should use them as best we can.

What other kind of information can we gather while everyone is still alive?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 133, Lamees wrote:VOTE: abyssallord

If you look on page 4, he follows my vote and votes jim right after me. Then decides to scum read me for following votes.
This is the third time you're following Irrelephant's vote from Jess -> Jim -> Abyssal. It's starting to look like you're trying to pocket the IC.
In post 136, Child wrote:ohx for same reason as abyssallord was pushed, no actual content aside from asking people to post content, which i dont like. why i scumread him and not abyssal is the fact that him not participating much is sort of put under the rug, while abyssal is pushed even after a supposed "townslip", early reading would suggest a possible ohx-muh team to me, although its a bit of a stretch, considering the fact that i dont even scumread muh. its very possible though
Personally, the reason why I didn't go after OKx is because Abyssal's townslip felt fake to me so I wanted to go after that. OKx is also acting similar but I think he might be getting replaced based on his inactivity (1 prod and another one soon) so I don't want to wagon a player that's getting replaced.
In post 137, AbyssalLord wrote:players in high elo VFR people who vote near the last, vote slowly,
or don't vote at all. still stuck in the ToS mindset.
What does "players in high elo VFR people" mean?
In post 139, Jim Hawkins wrote:What other kind of information can we gather while everyone is still alive?
I think our 2 wagons at this point should give us some info.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by muh316 »

Hey Ceejay, what are your reads at the moment? We haven't seen a readlist from you yet.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Micc »

Prodding Okx.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 139, Jim Hawkins wrote:With Lamees at L-1, I'm going to UNVOTE: Lamees for the moment, just in case someone pops in unannounced with the final vote and ends the day. I am not against lynching Lamees, but with five IRL days left, I think we should use them as best we can.

What other kind of information can we gather while everyone is still alive?
A good idea would be to put Lamees at L1 again and wait for someone to give intent to lynch her. That will force her to claim so we have time to reconsider voting someone else if she's town PR.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 141, muh316 wrote:Hey Ceejay, what are your reads at the moment? We haven't seen a readlist from you yet.
I town read okx and have abyssal and child as townleans, everyone else I have trouble sorting.
AbyssalLord
AbyssalLord
Townie
AbyssalLord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by AbyssalLord »

VFR is town's strongest investigation tool in ranked, often used from Diamond-Master rank. It means to Vote For Role, where players are put on trial, where they have 1 minutes to defend themselves , before the town decides whether to lynch or put off trial, and are locked into claiming their roles. (similar to using intent to lynch to force claims.)
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by Lamees »

L-1. That was quick. Definitely scum on the wagon. When I flip green lynch ceejay or child. Guaranteed 1 or scum in there.
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 143, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 139, Jim Hawkins wrote:With Lamees at L-1, I'm going to UNVOTE: Lamees for the moment, just in case someone pops in unannounced with the final vote and ends the day. I am not against lynching Lamees, but with five IRL days left, I think we should use them as best we can.
A good idea would be to put Lamees at L1 again and wait for someone to give intent to lynch her. That will force her to claim so we have time to reconsider voting someone else if she's town PR.
My worry is that someone
won't
post an intent to lynch before they vote. I suppose you can consider this
my
intent to lynch, should Lamees return to L-1. But I see no reason to leave her there for right now with several days left for discussion.

For everyone else not currently voting for Lamees, is there someone else we should be looking at? If so, who? And why?
AbyssalLord
AbyssalLord
Townie
AbyssalLord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 pm

Post by AbyssalLord »

we should investigate micc, seems pretty sus with the inactivity.
Okx
Okx
Townie
Okx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:03 am

Post by Okx »

Sorry I should really be more active

As for post 81 and AbyssalLord's townslip, I think that was genuine
Elephant is still a townread from me but honestly I don't know about anyone else

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”