Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6725 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6721, northsidegal wrote:gotcha.

the more arrogantly an assertion is pushed, the better it feels to disprove it

also, shos is not shoshin
lolllll
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6726 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6719, Jingle wrote:The fact that mastina making the kill makes perfect sense to me
We'll just have to agree to disagree b/c Mastina doesn't make the most sense to me. I mean certainly yeah mastina could carry out the kill b/c she and her team decided to make her expendable but I think conventional wisdom suggests that a mafia team will send one with much less heat on them.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6727 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 6675, Jingle wrote:
In post 6670, Creature wrote:I still say he looks better than nsg and Nico together
You're not wrong.

And it's possible that Vizzy wasn't killed in the night for inactivity because he'd presubmitted an action.

#fuckit

VOTE: Nicorobin
Correct me if im wrong, but why are we assuming the pinball machine was repaired N4? Wouldnt it make more sense it was repaired N3 so that it could actually be used by Meme N4?

Meme, care to comment? When/how were you informed the repairguy came by?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6728 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 6727, Vecna wrote:Correct me if im wrong, but why are we assuming the pinball machine was repaired N4? Wouldnt it make more sense it was repaired N3 so that it could actually be used by Meme N4?
I remembered that they had claimed not to have been repaired yet yesterday, but the post in question was the day before. I already realized I was being stupid.
This is a Parachute.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6729 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 6701, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6690, Jingle wrote:Vecna- Probably responsible for the missing kill N2. Possibly responsible for the missing kill tonight. Probably town.
I very much disagree with this. 1. No way scum shot at Mastina b/c she was scum 2. I highly doubt Mastina would be the one that carries out the kills b/c her getting tracked/watch is a death sentence and mafia needed those no lynches she was giving ya'll
Youre applying your logic in the wrong order though, thus resulting in the wrong outcome.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6730 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:05 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 6726, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6719, Jingle wrote:The fact that mastina making the kill makes perfect sense to me
We'll just have to agree to disagree b/c Mastina doesn't make the most sense to me. I mean certainly yeah mastina could carry out the kill b/c she and her team decided to make her expendable but I think conventional wisdom suggests that a mafia team will send one with much less heat on them.
I agree with you Nero, it did not make a lot of sense for mastina to make the kill. That was also why I was townreading her, starting straight after N2. You can follow my entire projectory of the read on the slot, and im sure itll match quite perfectly. But she did make the kill that night, and then they let someone else do it the night after. Either that, or scum did try to kill JJH and hes telling the truth, OR there is yet another unclaimed ability that fucked with the scumkill. My money is on Mastina doing the kill. -Maybe- even because they theorycrafted a jailkeeper is a possibility, which would make it look like her slot really is town, and she got protected from the NK. That would involve quite a bit of foresight, and luck.....but its possible.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6731 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Jingle »

My logic is:

Mastina made the kill > AS being shot > JJ being Shot > PR RB being town > Me being shot > scum No Kill

I doubt we'll get anywhere arguing back and forth there though, so...

Still. I'd rather lynch NR and potentially resolve half of the things we're speculating about when it seems to me it's a foregone conclusion that that is going to happen today.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6732 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=75812

Was town here and he seemed pretty tunnely. like he started out with 3 scumreads and stuck with them until he voted another scum in late game. He was a town tracker.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=76042

Was scum here and didn't do much. Kinda randomly voted 2 guys. Similarish to here.

I'd also like to note that Jingle was in that game and scum.

Subject: Mini Theme 2007: Police Academy 1 - Game Over
mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3213, Ankamius wrote:The main thing was just blocking the two mislynches on day two

That's what really swung the game I think
Jingle’s scum team basically abaonded him in thread.
But he also chose to use the strategy of giving town correct mechanical advice
in lieu of letting town derp its way into stuff like repeating peeks, or in lieu of more actively powerwolfing, and got the double whammy of being scum read for the wrong reasons and not actually being able to push the game state in a proscum direction.
It all very well might have worked out without ank swinging the day 2 lynch... but there was little margin for error here.
Scum also got hosed by the rand with town randing sane cop and randoms giving “correct” peeks instead of throwing a lot of noise into the works.
Isn't he doing the same thing here?

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76359

i know that NSG already posted this but he's doing that same vote hop thing.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=72405
Town here. Seems to be going after the same guys he scumread earlier.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=72485
Tunnels bomb right out of the gate and then Vedith until she dies. I guess that later on he does get kinda vote hoppy.

All in all I feel like his s1 play was more like his scum play instead of his town play but you guys can read for yourselves or think w/e.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6733 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

who is that about
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6734 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Jingle »

Me.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6735 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Jingle »

Wait, no, jj. Got confused by Police academy.
This is a Parachute.
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6736 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

VOTE: NicoRobin

Lynch nico > Lynch NSG (if Nico flips town) / see what Meme's next result is (if scum). I would like to see him cop myself and Creature tonight to resolve the reason his result doesn't match up with my role, but if that doesn't happen that's fine.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6737 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 6732, Nero Cain wrote:viewtopic.php?f=52&t=75812

Was town here and he seemed pretty tunnely. like he started out with 3 scumreads and stuck with them until he voted another scum in late game. He was a town tracker.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=76042

Was scum here and didn't do much. Kinda randomly voted 2 guys. Similarish to here.

I'd also like to note that Jingle was in that game and scum.

Subject: Mini Theme 2007: Police Academy 1 - Game Over
mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3213, Ankamius wrote:The main thing was just blocking the two mislynches on day two

That's what really swung the game I think
Jingle’s scum team basically abaonded him in thread.
But he also chose to use the strategy of giving town correct mechanical advice
in lieu of letting town derp its way into stuff like repeating peeks, or in lieu of more actively powerwolfing, and got the double whammy of being scum read for the wrong reasons and not actually being able to push the game state in a proscum direction.
It all very well might have worked out without ank swinging the day 2 lynch... but there was little margin for error here.
Scum also got hosed by the rand with town randing sane cop and randoms giving “correct” peeks instead of throwing a lot of noise into the works.
Isn't he doing the same thing here?

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76359

i know that NSG already posted this but he's doing that same vote hop thing.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=72405
Town here. Seems to be going after the same guys he scumread earlier.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=72485
Tunnels bomb right out of the gate and then Vedith until she dies. I guess that later on he does get kinda vote hoppy.

All in all I feel like his s1 play was more like his scum play instead of his town play but you guys can read for yourselves or think w/e.
Holy fuck this is some of the worst meta I have ever seen
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6738 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by jjh927 »

C I R C U M S T A N C E S
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6739 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Game 1- replaced into a slot right at the end of day 2
Game 2 - I lurked the fuck out after replacing into a widely scumread scum slot. I attempted to tunnel town, badly.
Game 3 - I was trying to emulate my day 1 town meta and I did it really badly. I believe NSG caught me because some of my early votes lacked reasoning of any kind, whereas if you're anyways decent at the game then my motivations should be pretty cut and dry.
Game 4- That game had post restrictions for everyone, in that you could make a limited number of posts per day. I also replaced in partway through day 1.
Game 5- I was a mason in an open setup, and furthermore replaced in partway through day 1.

I think what Nero is missing is basically the entire point, including that this is a large game for which I was around for the RVS, and not a specifically setup mini that I replaced into
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6740 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

At EoD today I will be modkilling adelbert steiner. Gonna make a few more requests for replacements.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6741 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6732, Nero Cain wrote:Isn't he doing the same thing here?
Also, yes. I have argued correct play. If your argument is that I would only do that as scum, I'm frankly baffled.
This is a Parachute.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6742 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 0, RadiantCowbells wrote:I will be very quick to replace for inactivity
Poof RC
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6743 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6741, Jingle wrote:
In post 6732, Nero Cain wrote:Isn't he doing the same thing here?
Also, yes. I have argued correct play. If your argument is that I would only do that as scum, I'm frankly baffled.
My argument is that you've argued correct play as scum before so why is it dumb to think you'd do the same thing here?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6744 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Vecna, who are you town reading?

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6745 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6740, RadiantCowbells wrote:At EoD today I will be modkilling adelbert steiner. Gonna make a few more requests for replacements.
modkilling a confirmed town?

can't we just call this game over with?

god that is depressing\
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6746 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ask a friend to replace in.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6747 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm going to ignore Vecna's d1 b/c its pretty much meaningless nonsense though I will say that it's not impossible that he fake claims an PR or is even scum with a PR.

There's not a whole lot that pings me about Vecna. The defense of Titus is the first that comes to mind but him being wrong town is just as possible (and kinda what I expect :evil: ) I guess the next thing is how he treats Gamma. Like he sort of freaks out when Fire was going to give Wheme a gun to shoot Gamma and then he starts to argue a Fire/Gamma team.

Jingle v. Vecna gave me a SvS feeling.
In post 4602, Vecna wrote:
Gladiating me is a terrible idea
. Ill explain more about this later if its still required, but I doubt itll come to that.
scum that knows the gladiate on him fails?
In post 5787, Vecna wrote:Also, still failing to take creature into account Nero. If Mastina is scum, its pretty much confirmed that creature is scum along with her
thought it was weird he dropped this.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6748 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:18 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 6740, RadiantCowbells wrote:At EoD today I will be modkilling adelbert steiner. Gonna make a few more requests for replacements.
Oh nice only town are replacing out.
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6749 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6748, Creature wrote:
Oh nice only town are replacing out.
Makes sense: scum killed Town WIM and are now waiting out the clock to eliminate everyone they can outside of the standard kills
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”