Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 347, Kokichi Oma wrote:Lol you guys are funny
i am a real stand up comedian, can't you tell?
In post 348, northsidegal wrote:do you think varsoon is scum, firebringer?
yes
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Firebringer: Don't mis-characterize me. I knew I was being aggressive on purpose and even copped to that as a strategy to try to get RC to post game-related content rather than the shallow fluff and toothless posts I've been seeing from the slot all game.
In my wall posts, my unimpressed sarcasm was entirely intended to be a dig at RC in order to move them towards more game engagement and hold them accountable for distancing from early emergent wagons.

I will stop that, because, obviously, it doesn't work.
I'm hoping a more tempered approach does.
And if it doesn't, then I really have no clue how to sort out RC's slot other than rope.

As for your vote on me, I fully understand where it's coming from. It doesn't make me question your alignment. It's consistent with your stance re:my interactions with RC. That's why I don't take any beef with it, it's a justified vote in my eyes, though I don't read it as intent to lynch so much as putting your foot down because you've had enough.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Votecount #3:

PlayerVotesVoters
Firebringer
NicoRobin, Nibbui, northsidegal
RadiantCowbells
Varsoon, ChibiBear
Varsoon
Gamma Emerald
Not Known 15
Elbirn
MariaR
Not Known 15
mutantdevle
Kokichi Oma
Nibbui
MariaR
Not voting
---
RadiantCowbells, mutantdevle, Firebringer

With 13 alive it's 7 to achieve majority for the lynch

The day will end in (expired on 2018-12-16 10:00:00).

The rules for the first minigame will be revealed in (expired on 2018-12-04 10:00:00).
Last edited by jjh927 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 352, jjh927 wrote:Wow I wanted that pagetop
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 351, Varsoon wrote:@Firebringer: Don't mis-characterize me. I knew I was being aggressive on purpose and even copped to that as a strategy to try to get RC to post game-related content rather than the shallow fluff and toothless posts I've been seeing from the slot all game.
In my wall posts, my unimpressed sarcasm was entirely intended to be a dig at RC in order to move them towards more game engagement and hold them accountable for distancing from early emergent wagons.

I will stop that, because, obviously, it doesn't work.
I'm hoping a more tempered approach does.
And if it doesn't, then I really have no clue how to sort out RC's slot other than rope.

As for your vote on me, I fully understand where it's coming from. It doesn't make me question your alignment. It's consistent with your stance re:my interactions with RC. That's why I don't take any beef with it, it's a justified vote in my eyes, though I don't read it as intent to lynch so much as putting your foot down because you've had enough.
my vote and read on u wasn't based on any of ur interactions with rc. and had everything to do with the way you were acting before that started even.

as i said before, you don't seem genuine at all, and the whole rc thing has just muddied the waters for me and i think ur going for a emotional manipulative angle here that doesn't sit well with me.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 350, Firebringer wrote:
In post 347, Kokichi Oma wrote:Lol you guys are funny
i am a real stand up comedian, can't you tell?
In post 348, northsidegal wrote:do you think varsoon is scum, firebringer?
yes
I'll take that as an answer to
In post 338, Varsoon wrote: Do you really think that I would personally attack a player if I was scum?
Which kinda bums me out.
There's lows I'd go to as scum, but that's absolutely slimy and I've done my best to avoid that sort of play because I am personally disgusted by it.

P-EDIT:
You mean the posts that I was forced to make where I quote every single post up to my catchup point weren't genuine?
Of course not.
But if you think I'm not being genuine even now
I can't fathom how.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I hate to reward this kind of behavior but I dont know that scum-Varsoon acts like this much of a twat.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

don't get yourself banned too, criticizing varsoon's behaviour is not mod sanctioned.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by Firebringer »

no, i still don't think ur being genuine.
i have seen a few things i thought were genuine but they didn't seem alignment indicative.
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

RC: There's a right and a wrong way to criticize people. I'm not going to act like my way was right, either. I was just less vulgar. I apologize. Let's please move past that and enjoy this game.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Nibbui »

Varsoon talk with me

If I'm not wrong you said more or less that from all the content you posted it was reasonable to town read

what do you think you would be doing differently here as scum?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 292, Elbirn wrote:Also who is the utter T H O T who didn't add me to a neighborhood

Somebody masonize me those are fun
Hoods != masonries, hoe
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 310, Varsoon wrote:Chibi, don't be tricked.
RC isn't a strong player.
Strong players can lead town to victory.
Strong players can acknowledge their weaknesses and grow.
Proof is in the pudding. Lynch RC and the flip will prove their strength as a player.
In post 324, Firebringer wrote:
In post 320, Varsoon wrote:The basic conduct rule you quoted is from a general list of rules that are "apply to any posts made outside of a game, including all Discussion/Administration forums, the Queues, and post-game."
These posts of mine are not outside of a game.

Global site Game Specific Rule 8 is "Since Mafia is based largely on conflict and psychological manipulation, we are somewhat more tolerant of aggressive and heated posts in-game than in the rest of the forums. However, game mods will often take action for excessively abusive behavior or slurs, up to and including a force-replacement or modkill."

Would you categorize my prodding of RC to take a firm stance based on the actual content of this game as 'somewhat aggressive and heated' or 'excessively abusive'?

P-EDIT: If you listen to him here and lynch me, town has a significantly lower chance of winning.
I won't let RC bully another game into submission and when the players of that game happen to scrape a win, let him gloat about how great of a player he is.
I am telling you right here varsoon.

You are trying to provoke a player and the path your going down will lead to a very aggressive and heated fight between you two and it can easily lead to ban, which is why I am asking you to stop.

i don't think you hiding behind the tolerance of the rules is cool when you know full well what you are doing and should know clearly what will occur. I am not even saying for you to be kicked/removed or anything, I would say that mod should give a warning for anyone trying to make this game personal. Because you are very much going into that territory.
Do you really think that matters
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by Nibbui »

I wonder what kind of minigame it'll be and how it's going to work.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

I’m excited to see what it is! I highly doubt that I have any chance at winning, but I am eager to give it try :D
Boop.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I’m combing through Varsoon’s ISO in another game and this came up
In post 641, Varsoon wrote:Allow me to part the kimono a bit here:
A large part of the reason that I always keep a tab open and stay up to date on my games is because I don't take notes, I have a garbage memory, and when there's more than a single page of text left for me, I skim very hard and miss lots of details.
@Varsoon talk about this and your wallpost, what do you think your wallpost will do for this?
In other news I found that he lacked any vitriol about replacements, though the replacement in that game were later than him being eliminated from the game iirc. He didn’t have anything that directly resembles his fluff posting vitriol but he did get pissy about Kokichi’s roleplaying. I found he also had a habit of being rather aggro towards people he suspected, so that’s something.
Overall the meta dip looks like it might be very fruitful.
<Embrace The Void>

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:11 am

Post by jjh927 »

You're going to all have to hold out on the rules for the next minigame because my computer is refusing to turn on atm so I'm gonna have a nap because it usually sorts itself out
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:16 am

Post by ChibiBear »

Oh man. Do you think you can do a countdown for the approx time? Like are we talking 2 hours? 6 hours? 12 hours?

Like I'm more than happy to wait but just so I can like leave and go do something else in the time being.
Boop.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 360, Nibbui wrote:Varsoon talk with me

If I'm not wrong you said more or less that from all the content you posted it was reasonable to town read

what do you think you would be doing differently here as scum?
1. I never post THE WALL as it currently is.
That's too much attention and interaction in a game where several players have meta history with me and would be able to quickly deduce me off of that.
Instead, when I quote all the posts, I claim it as a post-restriction outright immediately, act annoyed by it from the start, and try to earn some camaraderie with other players over how burdensome it is.

2. I never start an early game D1 fight with another player unless it's hard scum bussing/distancing--not in a game this size where I can't afford to lose a partner and less scum means less chances to power up our roles and influence the game, especially if that partner has neighborhoods.
Instead, I take an early vanity vote that I justify (poorly) and sit on. There's more than enough slots in this game that'd never put up a proper defense of themselves, allowing me to waste a lot of D1 time and possible interactions just tunneling out a 'lol varsoon so crazy' read.

I think those would be the key differences. I'd be a lot more laidback, I imagine, and trying to scope a way to buddy Elbirn given our history.
In post 365, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I’m combing through Varsoon’s ISO in another game and this came up
In post 641, Varsoon wrote:Allow me to part the kimono a bit here:
A large part of the reason that I always keep a tab open and stay up to date on my games is because I don't take notes, I have a garbage memory, and when there's more than a single page of text left for me, I skim very hard and miss lots of details.
@Varsoon talk about this and your wallpost, what do you think your wallpost will do for this?
In other news I found that he lacked any vitriol about replacements, though the replacement in that game were later than him being eliminated from the game iirc. He didn’t have anything that directly resembles his fluff posting vitriol but he did get pissy about Kokichi’s roleplaying. I found he also had a habit of being rather aggro towards people he suspected, so that’s something.
Overall the meta dip looks like it might be very fruitful.
The Wallpost is awful and even I can't remember what points I made in it. A large part of why I tried to conclude it with something resembling a readslist was so I wouldn't forget what conclusions I came to after all of it.
As far as my recent meta goes:
Newbie Game; I'm town, I start a D1 fight and complain about replacements.
Newbie Game; I'm town, I replace in and catch scum D1.
Newbie Game; I'm town, I switch for a scum lynch at the last moment later in the game, but we get snowed by last scum.

First game has more vitriol in it than others. In all of them, I admit I've had issues and I'm trying to work on being better.
I think I was more methodical in 2 because I replaced into a widely scumread slot and felt the need to perform.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:27 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

This RC/Varsoon thing has lead to a lot of posts....
Varsoon seems to be too aware of their meta and themselves to be accurately read beyond scum - slips.
RC's behaviour is really... unique. Either it's their ban and it being related to Varsoon that made them post like this...
or they have some strange role(e.g. Traitor) or alignment that makes them play drastically different.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:04 am

Post by jjh927 »

Whassup! It's ya mod, j j h 9 2 7 here, ready to introduce the first of the many minigames that this game will contain.

The first minigame will be...
Ultimate Scavenger Hunt

So, we're opening up with a scavenger hunt. Classic. The first person to PM me with all 40 of the things on the list I will post in (expired on 2018-12-05 11:00:00) will win this minigame (preferably in 1 PM because if you all send me like 40 PMs I will die). Failing that, the person who can PM me with the most of the things within the 24 hours following the list being published will win. Prepare yourselves.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

So who is against me winning besides scum
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Elbirn »

Actually I've kinda been swayed into thinking we should all just play the game, I just like to play both sides of every argument even when my minds already made up
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 371, Kokichi Oma wrote:So who is against me winning besides scum
The way I see it, scum's going to compete no matter what.
And if scum have daychat, they're going to collude on it and have a much better chance at winning.
If you're town, I don't like those odds. 1 against, what? 4? In a SCAVENGER HUNT?
No, I'm gonna compete.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Nibbui »

is the winner even going to be announced?

If the winner is going to be announced maybe we should let Kokichi win, vote HEAL: for who we want to unlock and if they aren't unlocked we lynch Kokichi.

If someone else wins as well we probably should lynch them in this model.

Even if Kokichi is scum, in a Scavanger hunt I suppose scum already have the upperhand anyway, the odds that they're going to be winning are pretty high.

But oh well, dunno. I'm fine either way tbh, I just want to lynch scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”