Newbie 1902 l Amphibians l Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 299, Doughboy wrote:
In post 298, Thespio wrote:Thats what I was used to^
Except you have a completed game with the new setup and you’re playing in another.
yeah I take longer then 1 game where we dont really use the setup at all to memorize a 4x3 graph, sorry, not sorry.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Doughboy »

You don’t need to memorize it though. It’s posted on page 1. When calling for counters I’d expect you to check especially since you like to use the wiki.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 301, Doughboy wrote:You don’t need to memorize it though. It’s posted on page 1. When calling for counters I’d expect you to check especially since you like to use the wiki.
Right, and I am on a mobile device trying to jump page to page rn, like i said, Tracker is in the middle columns until 3c, i didnt see the corner. I haven't memorized it, and i recognized that i missed it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 279, crusty wrote:
In post 274, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 270, skitter30 wrote:that's the third vote btw, the l-1 vote

i *strongly* do not believe that we're ready for the day to end

nobody should be hammering here before giving intent and giving overkill a chance to claim

VOTE: crusty
Cool, claiming Tracker
Do you hard claim?
please specify if you counterclaim (if you're a tracker or neopoitan)
or if you don't counterclaim (if you're anything else)

==
In post 292, Thespio wrote:*Neapolitan, Tracker, or doctor counter claims would be contrary to overkill, if you are a pr and not one of these 3 do not claim.
actually doc/tracker can coexist (cell c3 of the chart)

==
In post 295, Doughboy wrote:2015 player should know that. I feel much better about my vote.
a) it's a relatively new setup; has only been around since january iirc; if he hasn't played in a few years he might not be familiar with the setup given that he's playing as a newbie; the age of his account isn't really relevant to this imo

b) i don't understand why being confused about the setup is a reason to vote him. like why is this scummy of him?

==
yeah someone semi-broke the setup - there was a whole strategy where if there was a 1shot bp they could claim first on day 1 and basically be an ic till they died (ie if someone claimed on a later day after people already asked for the bp claim it would be taken as a scumclaim, or scum could cc day1 but then there's a 1v1 day1 that containing one scum)

so they spent a while coming up with a new setup (the current one)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 300, Thespio wrote:
In post 299, Doughboy wrote:
In post 298, Thespio wrote:Thats what I was used to^
Except you have a completed game with the new setup and you’re playing in another.
yeah I take longer then 1 game where we dont really use the setup at all to memorize a 4x3 graph, sorry, not sorry.
i actually had to go back and check the chart too, because i haven't memorized it either
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 303, skitter30 wrote:don't understand why being confused about the setup is a reason to vote him. like why is this scummy of him?
That wasn’t my reason to vote him. Its scummy though because he’s trying to mislead people.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 305, Doughboy wrote:
In post 303, skitter30 wrote:don't understand why being confused about the setup is a reason to vote him. like why is this scummy of him?
That wasn’t my reason to vote him. Its scummy though because he’s trying to mislead people.
I think ive thoroughly explained it was a misunderstanding, also your vote is from before, you said the reason was because of my policy lynch push. which i had to drop when the player subbed out.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 303, skitter30 wrote:yeah someone semi-broke the setup - there was a whole strategy where if there was a 1shot bp they could claim first on day 1 and basically be an ic till they died (ie if someone claimed on a later day after people already asked for the bp claim it would be taken as a scumclaim, or scum could cc day1 but then there's a 1v1 day1 that containing one scum)

And people have tried to break this one. I will say that whoever suggest tracker claiming day 1 is wrong and should not be listened to. I made this mistake and it doesn’t break or even semi break the game.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 306, Thespio wrote:I think ive thoroughly explained it was a misunderstanding, also your vote is from before, you said the reason was because of my policy lynch push. which i had to drop when the player subbed out
1. I’d have to take your word for it. I don’t believe you.

2. Just because you moved on due to the player replacing out doesn’t excuse your previous scummy push

3. And you didn’t really move that far from it, you voted numbers for not being concerned with the hammer. That’s you basically scum reading the hammer (which you shouldn’t) and instead of going after the person who did it, you are going after the people who realize it wasn’t anything to scum read.

You still come off looking bad. You should have at least stuck with your push despite the replacement.
Show

Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 307, Doughboy wrote:
In post 303, skitter30 wrote:yeah someone semi-broke the setup - there was a whole strategy where if there was a 1shot bp they could claim first on day 1 and basically be an ic till they died (ie if someone claimed on a later day after people already asked for the bp claim it would be taken as a scumclaim, or scum could cc day1 but then there's a 1v1 day1 that containing one scum)

And people have tried to break this one. I will say that whoever suggest tracker claiming day 1 is wrong and should not be listened to. I made this mistake and it doesn’t break or even semi break the game.

Could you give your reads on all the active players? i feel like you have really tunneled me but haven't posted alot in regards to how you feel about others.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Doughboy »

I don’t have reads on all the active players rn. For now tracker claim is legit until otherwise countered. I’m scum reading you. The rest idk how I feel about them yet.
Show

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 305, Doughboy wrote:
i don't see intent to mislead from him; i see him accidentally misreading a chart

i think it's scummy that you're pushing him for this

VOTE: doughboy

==
In post 307, Doughboy wrote:

i mean i don't think anybody suggested trying to do that to break the game; he claimed tracker because he was at l1

p-edit i also find it scummy that you only have the one read at this stage
can you maybe link a scumgame?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 310, Doughboy wrote:I don’t have reads on all the active players rn. For now tracker claim is legit until otherwise countered. I’m scum reading you. The rest idk how I feel about them yet.
Do me a favor, I appreciate that you can focus on one person, because i feel like alot of people get all scattered and confused. So, go down to the activity page and just look at everyones ISO's and write a quick statement on how each of them comes across, you can do the replaced people too if you want since they stlil have pertinence in regards to their slot.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 311, skitter30 wrote:i think it's scummy that you're pushing him for this
Except I’m not pushing him for it. It helps solidify my read but I’m pushing him for something completely different
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:00 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 311, skitter30 wrote:i mean i don't think anybody suggested trying to do that to break the game; he claimed tracker because he was at l1
No not this game. Im just throwing it out there as an FYI since you brought up game breaking strategies. I tried to do that in a previous game. It didn’t work and everyone agreed it’s not a good strategy.

In post 311, skitter30 wrote:p-edit i also find it scummy that you only have the one read at this stage
can you maybe link a scumgame?
Why is that scummy?

I haven’t been scum on site yet.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 312, Thespio wrote:Do me a favor,
Sorry I’m not going to do favors for people I scum read. I’m content with what I’ve done for now. Day is ending and I don’t feel like moving my vote to somebody else.
Show

NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 315, Doughboy wrote:
Sorry I’m not going to do favors for people I scum read. I’m content with what I’ve done for now. Day is ending and I don’t feel like moving my vote to somebody else.
Okay then, do /me/ this favour or present a more plausible lynch. I don't find your case against Thespio very persuasive.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Doughboy »

I already said day one was basically a waste. I can’t scum read people for being in the wagon and I can’t scum read people for being off the wagon. I can sort of use NKA for the kill but even that isn’t reliable. I called out both votes earlier by you and skitter as bad. I still believe that. I think the fact the tracker said he’d do some ISO’s to sort people and voted without doing that is bad but he’s in cc’d so I can’t realy do anything about that right now.

He gave no reason for voting me. I did ask him how he cleared you because there’s isn’t anything in his iso that explains that.

You’re 2nd vote is equally bad
Skitter’s vote on me is also bad because he misrepped me. I didn’t vote you for misleading people. I’m not scum reading you for misleading people. All that did was make me feel better about my scum read. Like if somebody does something scummy and then does something else scummy after that, that supports your read. It isn’t the basis for it.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 316, NotNova wrote:
In post 315, Doughboy wrote:
Okay then, do /me/ this favour or present a more plausible lynch. I don't find your case against Thespio very persuasive.
That’s not my job. Im sticking with my vote on him. If you don’t like it, you find a more plausible one.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Doughboy »

*and join it
Show

NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:17 am

Post by NotNova »

I'd like a crusty lynch best, the naked vote on 0verki11 and refusal to answer simple questions have been pretty unconvincing.

I can go with Numbers or Doughboy as well if need be, in order of preference. Anyone got a better idea?

VOTE: crusty
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 310, Doughboy wrote:I don’t have reads on all the active players rn. For now tracker claim is legit until otherwise countered. I’m scum reading you. The rest idk how I feel about them yet.
Work on this, otherwise it seems scummy to not look at a whole game and instead look at one person without actual reason. You claimed my policy lynch was scummy but its standard to push people who quick hammer to L-1 and force a claim since scum only benefit from this.
In post 226, skitter30 wrote:ok, so can you think about both of these things and give an opinion?
Idk why. It’s kind of pointless.

1. I have no way of verifying if it was a joke by him, if his friend did it to Fuck with him, or if his friend posted his actual role. I don’t think the mod would intervene so I have to ignore it especially since what happened day 1.

2. The fact 2 people are saying scum could possibly not be on the wagon is a statement nobody can prove or deny other than scum themselves. Since I’m obviously one of these people, I don’t think it’s a red flag. If you do, cool beans. I’m not going to worry about something stupid like that.[/quote]
In post 207, Doughboy wrote:
In post 205, Thespio wrote:
In post 204, Doughboy wrote:I have seen both quick hammer so it's not really something you can hang your hat on
I disagree, gametheory would state its a scum move, it doesnt benifit town, and they have yet to even post since, and havent been prodded. you dont want to even dwell on the fact that a duo beginner team might decided to misslynch, have the quick hammer player lay low, meanwhile other scum pushes a second misslynch?
we aren't talking about game theory. We are talking reality. The sad fact is lots of townies quick hammer, some have a policy to always quick hammer on day 1, and others just think it's funny. quick hammers aren't AI imo, but you are free to have a different opinion.

Hell I quick hammered once as town in a newbie game I think.
I dont Understand why us looking at the last lynch puts you off so bad, it seems scummy to disuade us from looking at a quick lynch, if the hammer yesterday was scum they would have guidance in their day chat. they have that advantage.
In post 308, Doughboy wrote:
In post 306, Thespio wrote:I think ive thoroughly explained it was a misunderstanding, also your vote is from before, you said the reason was because of my policy lynch push. which i had to drop when the player subbed out
1. I’d have to take your word for it. I don’t believe you.

2. Just because you moved on due to the player replacing out doesn’t excuse your previous scummy push

3. And you didn’t really move that far from it, you voted numbers for not being concerned with the hammer. That’s you basically scum reading the hammer (which you shouldn’t) and instead of going after the person who did it, you are going after the people who realize it wasn’t anything to scum read.

You still come off looking bad. You should have at least stuck with your push despite the replacement.
1. Thats fine, you have no real reason not too except you are tunneling me. Which i find odd because you basicly pushed everyone away from yesterdays lynch, then pushed me who was hardcore pushing policy.

2. Its not scummy to stick to policy, then reason that they could be new and theres no way to question them because they left.

3. WHY SHOULDNT WE SCUM READ THE HAMMER. it was a quickhammer, in a game where numbers corrected the person who was doing it. so if we reason the hammer was a newbie and trolled, why was numbers lurking about and rather then being like 'wtf' be like 'why would you do that?'. the fact this puts you off gives me serious concern.
In post 288, Doughboy wrote:
In post 287, Thespio wrote:
In post 283, Doughboy wrote:
In post 280, Doughboy wrote:
In post 275, 0verki11 wrote:VOTE: Doughboy
PoE suggests that both scum are within: Roo, Crusty, Doughboy and Number I think.
You really shouldn’t omgus vote people. It’s very petty
Pardon me. I confused you with thespio
What are you talking about?
it's pretty clear what I am talking about.
I didnt OMGUS vote anyone.
In post 282, Doughboy wrote:
In post 271, Thespio wrote:
In post 268, Doughboy wrote:VOTE: thespio
Explain this.
Don’t like your push regarding the quick hammer. Especially after I explained it’s nai, you didn’t back off it’s scummy and I tbink scum motivated. Taking advantage of lhf
again, please explain why trying to pressure a quickhammer is bad, it baffles me you still are hung up on this, but explain it to me.
In post 228, Doughboy wrote:
In post 226, skitter30 wrote:it read as shading to me, and i did not appreciate it
Sorry you can’t take a joke. Get a sense of humor.

Just genreally antagonistic, and theres no reason to post this as town, scum, who like chaos, would benefit.
In post 268, Doughboy wrote:VOTE: thespio
In post 232, Doughboy wrote:I don’t like the votes for numbers. You don’t even have a reason and the reason the other person gave is bad.
you really dislike us looking at the hammer. Why?

At this point im not OMGUS voting you, im legit voting you because i think you are scum.
Im not sure if numbers is your buddy and thats why you are pushing us away, but you arent a townie.
VOTE: Doughboy
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 317, Doughboy wrote:I already said day one was basically a waste. I can’t scum read people for being in the wagon and I can’t scum read people for being off the wagon. I can sort of use NKA for the kill but even that isn’t reliable. I called out both votes earlier by you and skitter as bad. I still believe that. I think the fact the tracker said he’d do some ISO’s to sort people and voted without doing that is bad but he’s in cc’d so I can’t realy do anything about that right now.

He gave no reason for voting me. I did ask him how he cleared you because there’s isn’t anything in his iso that explains that.

You’re 2nd vote is equally bad
Skitter’s vote on me is also bad because he misrepped me. I didn’t vote you for misleading people. I’m not scum reading you for misleading people. All that did was make me feel better about my scum read. Like if somebody does something scummy and then does something else scummy after that, that supports your read. It isn’t the basis for it.
Youre unable to scumread anyone at all even in day 2?
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:24 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 275, 0verki11 wrote:VOTE: Doughboy
PoE suggests that both scum are within: Roo, Crusty, Doughboy and Number I think.
Who's Roo here exactly? They're not playing in this game.
In post 265, skitter30 wrote:
In post 264, NotNova wrote:or Numbers trying to eliminate a less townread player in an effort not to get lynched (skitter/Thespio is a soft townblock, and they're both on his wagon.)
explain this again? i'm not quite following
Assume Numbers is scum.
They were at 2 votes at the time - I think this can be alarming to newb!scum. In addition to the two of you, only 0verki11 has presented any real suspicion on their slot. Thespio/skitter is a perceived townblock (and there can be only one scum among you), so Numbers tries to divert attention from themselves by presenting a wagon on a player who is a) not very townread and b) finds them suspicious.

I think that's a fairly logical process from scum!Numbers, no? I can see scum incentive here.

For the record I think the paranoia makes sense from the perspective of PR!0verki11, which is why I'm not voting there today.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:26 am

Post by NotNova »

Thespio, are you implying a Numbers/Doughboy scumteam?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”