Newbie 1902 l Amphibians l Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 344, Doughboy wrote:
In post 340, skitter30 wrote:
In post 338, Doughboy wrote:Skitter said I’m scummy for pushing you for misrepresenting. That’s not what I did at all.
In post 305, Doughboy wrote:
In post 303, skitter30 wrote:don't understand why being confused about the setup is a reason to vote him. like why is this scummy of him?
That wasn’t my reason to vote him. Its scummy though because he’s trying to mislead people.
what did you mean by this
It means I’m scum reading him for something else but what he did with the misleading people was still scummy.

That’s pretty self explanatory though so what was the point of asking that?
so you're objecting to me saying that you pushed him for misleading people? and you're saying that's not accurate because you didn't push him, but rather just called him scummy for it? is that accurate?

i'm asking because i think on some level we're communicating with each other badly so i'm trying to understand what you're trying to say
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:09 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 348, Doughboy wrote:
In post 346, NotNova wrote:
In post 341, Doughboy wrote:
His “mistake” was either genuine or it wasn’t and he’s now passing it off as one. It all depends on how you read him. If you town read him, you believe his word. If you scum read him, his word is meaningless
Right, it's a matter of interpretation — but you're choosing to interpret it as scummy while using the fact that it's scummy as reasoning — it's circular.

Can you try to compare Thespio's read of crusty's slot to mine or skitter's? I think we've all called the quickhammer scummy — so why Thespio exactly?
He voted specifically for the quick hammer. He then voted somebody else who spoke out that it wasn’t scummy.

That’s what I call doubling down. It’s suspicious to me. I don’t see anyone else who did the same.
That being you, yeah? Where's the scum incentive there? FMPOV that's not a prudent thing to do as scum. It'd be easy enough to stay on starry/crusty and try to convince you instead. Objectively I think switching votes there is more +town than +scum, unless you think there's scum incentive for him to antagonize you specifically.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 345, Doughboy wrote:
In post 343, skitter30 wrote:
In post 310, Doughboy wrote:I don’t have reads on all the active players rn. For now tracker claim is legit until otherwise countered. I’m scum reading you. The rest idk how I feel about them yet.
one scumread
think the tracker claim is legit (i don't really call this a read, but whatever)
don't have reads on anyone else

disagree that i'm misrepping you here
You can’t take me giving a read and then dismissing it as not having one. I have a scum read and a town read. That’s 2 so you did misrep me.
well, i don't really consider 'beliveing a pr claim' a read, since it isn't based on behavior but rather than mechanics

i don't think i'm misrepping you; i think we're using hte same words but each of us have slightly different defintions to those words and it's causing confusion; that's why i'm being pedantic about this because i'm trying to understand what you're saying here
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 350, skitter30 wrote:so you're objecting to me saying that you pushed him for misleading people? and you're saying that's not accurate because you didn't push him, but rather just called him scummy for it? is that accurate?

i'm asking because i think on some level we're communicating with each other badly so i'm trying to understand what you're trying to say
I am not pushing him for misleading people. That’s what I’m saying. You said I was. That’s a misrep.

I’m pushing him for his two earlier votes and the reasons for it.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

@doughboy do you think i'm misrepping you on purpose?
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 351, NotNova wrote:That being you, yeah? Where's the scum incentive there? FMPOV that's not a prudent thing to do as scum. It'd be easy enough to stay on starry/crusty and try to convince you instead. Objectively I think switching votes there is more +town than +scum, unless you think there's scum incentive for him to antagonize you specifically.
Attacking lhf like I said earlier. It’s easy for scum to take advantage of a player who quick hammers. It’s easy to get people on board that quick hammers are scummy, because they are.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 353, Doughboy wrote:
In post 350, skitter30 wrote:so you're objecting to me saying that you pushed him for misleading people? and you're saying that's not accurate because you didn't push him, but rather just called him scummy for it? is that accurate?

I am not pushing him for misleading people. That’s what I’m saying. You said I was. That’s a misrep.

ok, is it accurate to say: you think he's scummy for misleading people wrt to the chart thing (while also consideirng him scummy for other reasons)?
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 354, skitter30 wrote:@doughboy do you think i'm misrepping you on purpose?
Kind of. Yes.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:13 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 356, skitter30 wrote:
In post 353, Doughboy wrote:

ok, is it accurate to say: you think he's scummy for misleading people wrt to the chart thing (while also consideirng him scummy for other reasons)?
Yes. That’s more accurate.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Doughboy »

That post just made me feel better about my push. It’s not the reason for it as you implied.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Doughboy »

I’m still interested in knowing what I’ve done this game that’s antitown. Besides tunneling. I can’t help doing that.
Show

NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:16 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 355, Doughboy wrote:
In post 351, NotNova wrote:That being you, yeah? Where's the scum incentive there? FMPOV that's not a prudent thing to do as scum. It'd be easy enough to stay on starry/crusty and try to convince you instead. Objectively I think switching votes there is more +town than +scum, unless you think there's scum incentive for him to antagonize you specifically.
Attacking lhf like I said earlier. It’s easy for scum to take advantage of a player who quick hammers. It’s easy to get people on board that quick hammers are scummy, because they are.
I meant specifically that him "switching votes" to someone who said "quickhammers aren't scummy" implies you're taking issue with him voting you, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

If I'm correctly interpreting your statement, I want to know what exactly makes him switching vote to you scummy.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 357, Doughboy wrote:
In post 354, skitter30 wrote:@doughboy do you think i'm misrepping you on purpose?
Kind of. Yes.
ok, i disagree that i was misrepping you
i thought we were talking about the same thing, but talking to you more i realized that you don't have the same definitions for words as i do and read my words differently than i intended so i'll try to be more careful about that

back to the matter at hand: i find it scummy that you thought he was misleading people with the chart because i think he made a mistake and i don't hink there was any ill intent or that he did it on purpose in order to try to confuse people

suppose he is scum and he did it on purpose - what does scum!him gain by saying tracker/doctor can't coexist?
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 361, NotNova wrote:
In post 355, Doughboy wrote:
I meant specifically that him "switching votes" to someone who said "quickhammers aren't scummy" implies you're taking issue with him voting you, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

If I'm correctly interpreting your statement, I want to know what exactly makes him switching vote to you scummy.
He originally voted starry for quick hammering. Then he moved to numbers for not being concerned about the hammer. Neither of those I feel we’re good votes outside of pressure, but since he is saying he thinks the self hammer isAI, when it isn’t, I personally find it suspicious.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 362, skitter30 wrote:suppose he is scum and he did it on purpose - what does scum!him gain by saying tracker/doctor can't coexist?
He hopes that maybe he can get the doctor that claim thus making it easier for scum to win.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Doughboy »

Scum know what setup we are in. At least they know which column.
Show

Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 359, Doughboy wrote:That post just made me feel better about my push. It’s not the reason for it as you implied.
Doughboy, this is just going to go in circles until you claim, or you tell us your reads. if you dont have any, get some. you can still scumread me. just read everyone.

Also, are you claiming doc?

Im at work so my posts have gaps from when i start and end, but did you just soft claim doc?

Also scum doesnt, tracker still leaves 2 options in collumn 2.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 364, Doughboy wrote:
In post 362, skitter30 wrote:suppose he is scum and he did it on purpose - what does scum!him gain by saying tracker/doctor can't coexist?
He hopes that maybe he can get the doctor that claim thus making it easier for scum to win.
UNVOTE:
for now, i'd like to rethink this a bit
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Thespio »

Oh wait, im sold on the doughboy, he says scum knows layout, only scum would be able to definitively say that. scum cant tell layout if we are in column 2, but if we are in 3 they can, and doughboy claims they can.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 366, Thespio wrote:
In post 359, Doughboy wrote:That post just made me feel better about my push. It’s not the reason for it as you implied.
Doughboy, this is just going to go in circles until you claim, or you tell us your reads. if you dont have any, get some. you can still scumread me. just read everyone.

Im at work so my posts have gaps from when i start and end, but did you just soft claim doc?

I’ve shared my reads already. If I’m lynched so be it. I can’t magically put together reads without reading and I don’t have time to read right now.
Show

Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 369, Doughboy wrote:
In post 366, Thespio wrote:

I’ve shared my reads already. If I’m lynched so be it. I can’t magically put together reads without reading and I don’t have time to read right now.
I’m fine giving you time, but you said I’m your only read. That’s it.

Tell me, what do you think of numbers correcting the hammer? Why do you think the hammer is town? Why do you think there’s a doctor not anything else? How do you know there’s one if you aren’t it?
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 368, Thespio wrote:Oh wait, im sold on the doughboy, he says scum knows layout, only scum would be able to definitively say that. scum cant tell layout if we are in column 2, but if we are in 3 they can, and doughboy claims they can.
Scum already know which column were in. Depending on the column, they know the setup.

Nice misrep
Show

Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 371, Doughboy wrote:
In post 368, Thespio wrote:Oh wait, im sold on the doughboy, he says scum knows layout, only scum would be able to definitively say that. scum cant tell layout if we are in column 2, but if we are in 3 they can, and doughboy claims they can.
Scum already know which column were in. Depending on the column, they know the setup.

Nice misrep

Dude you said there was a doc, so if you don’t claim doc you are scum, only scum would know layout if doc. Your Friedan slip got you.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost