Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I say this with respect for how you're trying to grow as a player & as a person, Varsoon: it feels like it'd be good for everyone if you'd take Shoshin's word for it that the "policy lynch" post was meant to sort me more than it was *anything* towards you

but do your thing, dawg
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

Whatever.
I'm done worrying about this game and I'm just going to sheep Shoshin until we win.
Zzz.
VOTE: Performer
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 369, Xtoxm wrote:Lol @ having 2 strong instant scum reads in a large game. Get ove4 yourself.
In post 276, Xtoxm wrote:VOTE: shosin

I was already getting scum vibes from calling a bunch of different people town for no reason and campaigning for a policy lynch is just a dick move
So, it’s townier to have no reads?
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 374, Varsoon wrote:
In post 343, Shoshin wrote:
In post 337, Varsoon wrote:@Nauci: Baiting someone into exploding, especially when you know that player explodes and looks bad for it as town, is not great play and, is, in fact, really scummy play.
That's not what I did, nor is it what Nauci's talking about.
You literally called for my policy lynch on D1.
Did you not think I would respond to that?
I didn't call for your policy lynch. I didn't even vote you until much later in the game. What I did is jokingly ask Irrelephant a question about you, after which I didn't mention you again until we started building pressure to get you posting. Besides, I didn't think you'd care since you've seen town do this before without thinking twice about it (e.g. RC in TAZ). I don't understand why you're making such a big deal out of this...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeah, because anyone claiming strong reads this early in the game is more likely to just be lying.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 18, Shoshin wrote:Hey Irrelephant, want to policy lynch Varsoon?
Yawn.
Whatever.
You've never mislynched anyone before, why start now?
I'm just gonna follow you until we win.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

xtoxm you should post more so that it is harder for nauci to mislynch you
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 381, Varsoon wrote:
In post 18, Shoshin wrote:Hey Irrelephant, want to policy lynch Varsoon?
Yawn.
Whatever.
You've never mislynched anyone before, why start now?
I'm just gonna follow you until we win.
good plan tbh
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah it's a fantastic plan, you guys have a rock solid townbloc, I'm just jealous I'm not in it, let's just win.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:46 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 252, Performer wrote:It's like people are actively making it hard for me to keep up in this game...sigh
In post 67, Mitillos wrote:I am not an alt. I just haven't played in a very long time. Also worst posted before irrelephant.
Ah ok, it's because you're the only person I haven't played with or even heard of.
the posting - I checked again and it was because of my pg dn key, it scrolled past the mod's wall posts all the way into Irrel's post so I thought that was his confirm itt.

In post 85, the worst wrote:
In post 83, AlmostNancy wrote:Oh and we have a decent mod in this game.
oof burn
lol I somewhat agree with a50
though I would change "decent" to "superb"
In post 107, Mitillos wrote:Incidentally, I saw in post #1 a mention of "informed status" not being revealed on flip. I've never played in a game with informed players, so I was wondering if the information they have should be shared with the rest of the town. Thoughts?
Well, my first thought is I don't have any experience in ever seeing someone say something like this. But
if someone is informed and wants to share it, I'd say it depends. I don't think it's a black and white one-size-fits-all solution.
I’m not really seeing why Performer is scum here. I disagree with his Shoshin vote but otherwise, nothing is really hard pinging me at this point.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

ok the game like doubled since i went to sleep last night lol; might take more than one post to catchup
In post 179, Nauci wrote:106 I have very WIFOM thoughts about this post and the use of "same team" instead of "both town." I would think scum faking this banter would take care to say "town" instead of "same team"? But then again, if this was a casual thought typed directly into the box without too much thought for manipulation, it felt quite scummy.
if they're scum together why would he say it here instead of in the scum pt?

i don't really think saying 'same team' instead of 'town' is much indiciative of anything tbh
except that it's all-encompassing and he might be referring to past games where they were svt and other games where they were tvs, and 'same team' kinda refers to both past scenarios in one phrase if that makes sense

(i don't know what their history is)

==
@saudade - is 'the cat' referring to nauci?

==
In post 206, Mitillos wrote:Oh, cool, Varsoon is here. Now to sort out whether it's N's N. N. N. Varsoon, or Among the Chosen Varsoon. So far he looks like his town self, so that's not a wagon I'm interested in atm.
how do you characterize town!varsoon?
In post 218, Mitillos wrote:@Shoshin: I'd rather not talk about that quite yet, and wait to see what he does for a few dozen posts, instead of just saying "Hey, Varsoon, here's how you can convince me you are town, enjoy".
Also, I wouldn't consider it a waste of time, so I'd like to see your response to Varsoon, but I won't insist if you really don't want to.
fair enough, but i'd like to hear a little later since i'm not suepr great at reading him

==
In post 210, Saudade wrote:עד מתי נוב12
just curious, was the 12 supposed to be here?

==
In post 214, Varsoon wrote:I provided plenty of reasons for my scumread.
You just saying that there's not any is literally wrong.

Once again, Shoshin
You're either scum or your judgment is flawed.
Which is it this time?
i mean we did this last time

from your posts on the last page i can tell you're not following her thought process. ie the things you called out from her i don't think are actually scum-indicative from her really, but i can understand why you're questioning them; i also think it's unlikely that you'll get answers to those questions from her

i think she's obvtown for her
i'm trying not to engaging her because she frustrates me, so i'm content to have just sorted her and move on with my existence

i think you should listen to me/irrel here given that we tried to tell you this last time and were right

i haven't sorted you yet

do you ever pick fights with people on purpose as scum?

what were your most recent scumgames again?

==
In post 221, Varsoon wrote:Furthermore, me taking umbrage with people having easy townreads isn't even a scumtell or a towntell, it's literally what any player should do regardless of align when, within 6 pages, there are over a dozen thrown out 'this person is town' naked reads.
ok, what do you think of me doing that?

==
In post 222, Irrelephant11 wrote:Someone stop me - I feel like mitillos' scumread of me is agenda-y, and I would not like to tunnel on town if I am wrong.
i disagree with his reasoning for why he exluded your se games but i can understand it

holistically i'm tending town on him

==
In post 224, Shoshin wrote:As for trajectory, did I need one? It's post 51 of the game. But sure, here's the trajectory: I asked Skitter a question about her read on Mitillos, because I felt that she was sheeping me. As you can see later in the game, when I explain the vote on Skitter, I state that the reasons I suspected Skitter were due to the way she was following my reads (as well as others) instead of forming her own, which felt very different to me than the way Skitter played as town in my prevoius two games with her. That was my trajectory. A question, followed by a vote when I saw someone else had the same feelings. I strongly believe that having others who share your feelings about something adds strength to the force behind those feelings, and in this case it did. That isn't "spineless," though - it's just smart play.
i disagree that i sheeped you
i had similar conclusions as you did.
that doesn't mean i had them *because* you did, or that i was trying to mimic you on purpose

like i'm not sure how you can even possibly distinguish sheeping you from forming my own reads that incidentally were similar to yours at that stage and i dislike that you assumed it was the former instead of the latter (i've previously told you how i feel about sheeping even ...?)

==

i think i retract the townlean i had on creature earlier

==
In post 264, Performer wrote:
In post 197, Varsoon wrote:It's kind of baffling that you propose a policy lynch on me and when Irrel + The Worst + Performer deny it outright
Fixed.

I dont like policy lynching (and for that matter I dont believe in the notion of "too scummy to be scum")
this post is kinda pinging me
i'm not sure which way yet

i'm putting it here so i hopefully remember to go back to it at some point

==
ok starting a new post
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

Performer's double-back onto Shoshin while parroting my reads right after I fell off the wagon seems like reason enough.
When Shoshin flipped town, I'd be the one to catch the rap for it and Performer could sneak off into the shadows, having successfully got a lynch on someone that about half of town reads as town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Skitter: Doesn't matter what my thoughts are, I don't understand how other people play, and, therefore, can not come to an accurate read on them.
It's much better play for me to put my trust into Shoshin, who has never mislynched anyone before and who will lead us to certain victory.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 382, Irrelephant11 wrote:xtoxm you should post more so that it is harder for nauci to mislynch you
maybe start with a vote on nauci, your strongest scumread
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:51 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 380, Xtoxm wrote:Yeah, because anyone claiming strong reads this early in the game is more likely to just be
lying
Interesting you’d say “lying” as opposed to just wrong.

So, lemme get this straight. According to you, everyone who has claimed to have a strong read - either town or scum - is more likely to be straight-up lying than wrong.

Wow, this must be like the most scum sided game in the history of Mafia then.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 390, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 380, Xtoxm wrote:Yeah, because anyone claiming strong reads this early in the game is more likely to just be
lying
Interesting you’d say “lying” as opposed to just wrong.

So, lemme get this straight. According to you, everyone who has claimed to have a strong read - either town or scum - is more likely to be straight-up lying than wrong.

Wow, this must be like the most scum sided game in the history of Mafia then.
P.edit. By wrong, I mean not sure.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

You know if varsoon wasn't in this game I would just replace out at this point because the attitude coming from many players is totally disgusting
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's all good, man. Just sheep out Shoshin here, trust me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

And provide some reads elsewhere if you can. What are your thoughts on the game outside of Me/Shoshin?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I'm trying to be sassy in a funny way & push on who I think is scum at the same time. Sincerely sorry if that comes across as rude, xtoxm!
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 386, skitter30 wrote:i disagree that i sheeped you
i had similar conclusions as you did.
that doesn't mean i had them *because* you did, or that i was trying to mimic you on purpose

like i'm not sure how you can even possibly distinguish sheeping you from forming my own reads that incidentally were similar to yours at that stage and i dislike that you assumed it was the former instead of the latter (i've previously told you how i feel about sheeping even ...?)
Yeah, maybe "sheeping" is the wrong word. I'm just not used to having you agree with me as much as you did, so it felt off, like you weren't forming your own reads like you usually do. And when Nauci felt it too, I followed up her gut ping. In retrospect, I think the fact that we were all agreeing about things early on in a very natural way is a sign that we're on the right path, sort of like what happened in American Presidents. And I think the people trying to prevent us from forming a townblock are more likely to be scum. I certainly can't imagine the scum just sitting back letting us form a townblock like this without at least one of them attempting to instill paranoia.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'd actually also be more inclined to believe people are lying about the strength of their reads instead of actually that confident in their townreads that early.
But I generally play with players who are willing to reassess their reads constantly and don't put a ton of stock into page 10 reads.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Krazy »

Construct
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy