Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 415, Varsoon wrote:@Skitter: Elaboration on all of your reads would be nice, preferably.
And I've decided that Shoshin is lock-town here and I'll follow them.
My thoughts and reads are compromised, given that my playstyle is so different from anyone else's, so it's impossible for me to come to a correct read on them.
So it's much better to put my stock in someone who is level headed, decisive, and has a 100% record of never mislynching.
sure
(this isn't particularly ordered, i'm just writing them as i think of them)

shoshin - just town. she has the one scumgame, is hilariously out of her range, this looks exactly like her towngame

nauci - kinda explained that i liked one post in . it's enough to put her on the townier side of null but it's not strong or anything. i don't really have much ai thoughts on most of what she did

irrel - i'm starting to kinda pickup on what town!irrel looks like - hard for me to articulate a bit, but i'll try. he's very guileless, you can see him obviously sorting through things, you can see him follow through/act on his reads (lynch me before shoshin!), you can track his thought process, i thought the pgo claim was kinda townie

mitillos - i like how thorough he's being; i like that he went to check irrel's game to see if he had previously been a participant on easy wagons (i feel like this isn't something scum would go check at this stage most of the time); i like the questions he's asking; i like the way he shared his info

creature - had slight townpings on his first post, but i kinda lost that; i'm used to him just sharing reads as he reads posts and he isn't diong htat. he's around but most of his posts are fluff; he has like one with reads; he kinda refused to share reads when asked; together that feeels a little scummy to me

almostnancy - i'm really really good at reading a50 and he's town here, but i'm bad at explaining it. he just feels like!town him (i can provide proof etc)

xtoxm - i don't really love his shoshin vote, or the fact that he's objecting to people having strong reads

you - trying to sort

performer - don't really have significant ai thoughts, although he had one post that pinged

keyser - trying to sort

the worst - probably town for feeling go-with-the-flow-y, interacting with people, answering questions, not scumpinging me yet, not feeling fake

i know not-mafia is in the game but he hasn't posted

i think i'm missing a couple of people but i don't remember who they are rn
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 419, Mitillos wrote:Sorry mod, couldn't resist.

@Shoshin and skitter mostly:
So, here's the thing. I think town Varsoon is more happy-go-lucky, doing stuff for fun and profit, and not giving much of a shit. Scum Varsoon on the other hand is more wary in my mind. Originally he looked like town here, because his attack on Shoshin seemed genuine, even if I think it was incorrect. With more recent stuff, I've changed my mind on him, though.
I'm thinking of Micro 302, where he showed very similar behaviour as here (which is also why I questioned him on his defensiveness). In particular, his posts to Irrelephant strongly reminded me of . He also seems to be going for a lot of AtE towards Shoshin and a few others which is again similar to what he did towards me in Micro 302.

I'm not seeing the scumminess from Performer and Xtoxm, nor the lack thereof from teacher, but I'm open to being convinced (because I don't really see their towniness, either).
ok, thanks, i'll check this out a little alter :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 422, Nauci wrote:@mit: my "read" on teacher is wholly independent of his posts and rests on the idea that 3 scum wouldn't vote shoshin together and I don't scum read teacher as much as the others. My read on performer is for being extra self conscious about how others are reading him to the point of elaborate pg down explanations while ignoring the abundant other content that deserved commentary, and xtoxm for almost actively refusing to contribute much content. However, this is just on possible scenario and I don't have confident town reads anywhere near this early in the game
ah ok, that makes sense, thanks for explaining!
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Nauci: I've definitely seen scum vote together, if they thought they could pull it off on charisma alone. Also, I think post 0 mentioned the possibility of third parties, so that's another dimension altogether.
I think I see what you mean about performer being self-conscious. I'll reread because you may have a point there. As for xtoxm, you could make the same accusation on N_M, and to a lesser degree teacher. In fact, I will remind you that teacher's post (177, so 8 pages in) just had a soft defense on Performer and an unexplained vote on Shoshin. xtoxm at least gave some content (e.g. telling Varsoon he is not townreading skitter). At this time, I'd be more suspicious of teacher than xtoxm.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:31 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 407, Shoshin wrote:Nancy, what're your reads so far?
Militos, the worst, you, Skitter, Varsoon, I think are town. Irrelephant11, Keyzer, townleans for now. I haven’t ISO’d everyone yet.

I think at least one scum is on your wagon. Unfortunately, I have no meta on any of them.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 425, skitter30 wrote:i think i'm missing a couple of people but i don't remember who they are rn
teacher and saudade - no opinion on either really
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Nauci »

Good point, I must @mit

But yeah, performer's posts all ping me

Like the "fixed" post where he wants to point out that people also wanted to policy him (? I don't know if that happened and no one else noticed or talked about it?). It's just hyper aware of what others have said about him when the rest of the posts make it clear that we weren't putting any weight into those posts. To me, this comes across as the actions of a guilty conscience/perspective at a much stronger degree than anything else I could consider alignment indicative this game, without tons of further research into various players' metas.

Also, while I haven't processed it into detailed explanation yet, I think of townrelephant as more like a bloodhound than an elephant. He checks under every rock and chases every possible lead and is never hesitant to get on wagons to pressure players in the interest of sortable content or chasing up a hunch. He's like the entire Mystery Van crew by himself, and exudes the town confidence of not feeling like he owes explanations of his actions until after his play is done.

P.S. I'm not sorry for the awful pun
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Spoiler:
In post 417, Nauci wrote:
In post 409, Varsoon wrote:
In post 405, Nauci wrote:
In post 369, Xtoxm wrote:Lol @ having 2 strong instant scum reads in a large game. Get ove4 yourself.
I'm glad you decided to respond to pressure with great contributions and sortable content that makes it easy to town read you
Hey maybe don't be a prat like this.
Hey maybe I don't respond to condescension with acquiescence
In post 424, Nauci wrote:
In post 421, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 382, Irrelephant11 wrote:xtoxm you should post more so that it is harder for nauci to mislynch you
Why are you so sure xtoxm is a mislynch? Is this based on meta?
I read this as Irrelephant's plea to xtoxm speaking from xtoxm's POV presuming that he's town and I'm "lying"

It's a very in character device for townrelephant and I'll have to read his more recent scum game(s) to determine if scumrelephant does it too

Nauci you're my hero
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:41 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 351, Nauci wrote:
In post 264, Performer wrote:
In post 197, Varsoon wrote:It's kind of baffling that you propose a policy lynch on me and when Irrel + The Worst + Performer deny it outright
Fixed.

I dont like policy lynching (and for that matter I dont believe in the notion of "too scummy to be scum")
Further self conscious posting that makes me suspicious af
Well, it was so freaking obvious that she was joking. Because her and Varsoon haven’t the best history, I can understand him not getting it but anyone else?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 418, skitter30 wrote:
In post 388, Varsoon wrote:@Skitter: Doesn't matter what my thoughts are, I don't understand how other people play, and, therefore, can not come to an accurate read on them.
It's much better play for me to put my trust into Shoshin, who has never mislynched anyone before and who will lead us to certain victory.
ok i get what you're saying and where the frustration comes from (hi she wanted to mislynch in mylo there, remember?) but she's town so i'm just accepting it and moving on

i want to try to sort you tho so it would be helpful if you share your thoughts
I already shared a lot of my thoughts.
They were dumb and bad thoughts, but if you want to pick my brain, just ask me direct questions.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 264, Performer wrote:
In post 197, Varsoon wrote:It's kind of baffling that you propose a policy lynch on me and when Irrel + The Worst + Performer deny it outright
Fixed.

I dont like policy lynching (and for that matter I dont believe in the notion of "too scummy to be scum")
This post actually has a "too scummy to be scum" vibe. Ironically.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Nauci »

I spent 15 minutes looking for a gif like this last night before giving up

It's beautiful
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Nauci »

Oh I actually misread the performer "fixed" post (I thought he was saying there was a PL proposed on him instead of that he also denied a PL on varsoon)

It softens my stance a little but now I am more perplexed by the post than ever
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 435, Varsoon wrote:
In post 418, skitter30 wrote:
In post 388, Varsoon wrote:@Skitter: Doesn't matter what my thoughts are, I don't understand how other people play, and, therefore, can not come to an accurate read on them.
It's much better play for me to put my trust into Shoshin, who has never mislynched anyone before and who will lead us to certain victory.
ok i get what you're saying and where the frustration comes from (hi she wanted to mislynch in mylo there, remember?) but she's town so i'm just accepting it and moving on

i want to try to sort you tho so it would be helpful if you share your thoughts
I already shared a lot of my thoughts.
They were dumb and bad thoughts, but if you want to pick my brain, just ask me direct questions.
I don't know if you're keeping up the self deprecation because it's your thing or you're still using it to lash out about criticism

The non snarky/lashing out posts were pretty good and I agreed with the sentiments of questioning the number of strong town reads
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah well it doesn't matter how good my earlier posts were if I'm wrong, does it?
And I'm clearly wrong about Shoshin, who is 99.9% town.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:54 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 387, Varsoon wrote:Performer's double-back onto Shoshin while parroting my reads right after I fell off the wagon seems like reason enough.
When Shoshin flipped town, I'd be the one to catch the rap for it and Performer could sneak off into the shadows, having successfully got a lynch on someone that about half of town reads as town.
Oh okay, I know nothing of his meta but you and Shoshin both in agreement, like on anything, gives me comfort.

Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Varsoon: Is your calling Shoshin town sincere, or are you still upset about the policy lynch thing (or possibly something else)? If it is sincere, please explain your read on her.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 411, skitter30 wrote:
In post 297, Varsoon wrote:But that's clearly because I am threatened scum who must undermine your town efforts to consolidate power.
Definitely.
It's not because I suspect that there's scum in the block.
do you still think shoshin is scum? ifnot, who's scum in irrel's proposed townbloc?
In post 302, Varsoon wrote:I do suspect that at least one of Irrel, Shoshin, AlmostNancy, and TheWorst is scum, yes.
why do you think there's scum in this group?
@varsoon please

(i'm aware that you think shoshin is 99.9% town and that you will be following her to the ends of the earth, etc; i'm more intersted in who you think is scum and why you think there's scum in the group)
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Shoshin »

I've got Irrelephant, the worst, Nauci, Nancy, Skitter, and Mitillos as town.

Creature, Varsoon, NM, Key, Saudade, teacher, and xtom are varying degrees of null, some leaning town, others scum.

Performer's still scummy, but the "Fixed" post actually has me rethinking whether scum would actually play this badly. So I want to reevaluate a few things.

As a starting point, does anyone disagree with my townreads?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Creature »

In post 296, Varsoon wrote:I also think that pushing for an 'unbreakable townblock' on page 12 before any flips is really, really premature.
I used to do this on my happier days.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Creature »

In post 297, Varsoon wrote:But that's clearly because I am threatened scum who must undermine your town efforts to consolidate power.
Definitely.
It's not because I suspect that there's scum in the block.
Totally...
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Creature »

Atleast his unbreakable townblock push makes me townread him
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Creature »

In post 305, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 294, Creature wrote:Wow just realized how crappy online photo editors are
Ikr?? I downloaded a bunch of apps and they were all useless.
I could swear I would find an app that would automatically put a santa hat on something that resembles a head.
Sigh
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 352, Nauci wrote:
In post 276, Xtoxm wrote:VOTE: shosin

I was already getting scum vibes from calling a bunch of different people town for no reason and campaigning for a policy lynch is just a dick move
This is the least original post in the game

Varsoon are you going to call out this plagiarism

My naughty list is currently xtoxm, performer, and possibly Keyser but that's just for having been relatively quiet for keyser
Okay adding you to my town list and strengthening my townread on Irrelephant11.

I think I really like most of this playerlist. Glad I signed up.

The bolded: :lol:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”