Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Performer »

In post 537, AlmostNancy wrote:It's because I told her to go easy on Nancy because Nancy is emotional, while I am bold and well composed under pressure
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Creature »

Did mafiascum eat another post of mine?
Sigh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:22 am

Post by the worst »

In post 330, Shoshin wrote:
In post 327, Creature wrote:
In post 322, Shoshin wrote:
In post 318, Creature wrote:I remember having some handful number of townreads but didn't mention them through the thread because it felt too obvious
Please mention. Join us townreaders!
but I didn't keep track of them :/
the worst, what's your take on this? town or scum?
I think scum!Creature is more likely to just throw out townreads for the sake of having made them and is less likely to mention them at all if he's going to freeze up. Imo his reentries to the thread are something scum!Creature avoids. [refer Heroes Wanted, possibly his strongest scumgame in ages]

he's >rand town and >rand not scum unless his scumgame has developed again in a really unusual direction. I'm kinda being pretty cautious with this tho
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 534, Irrelephant11 wrote:If Keyser is right that I am TMI-ing the alignments of many townies, I am the most pro-town scummer that ever scummed :lol: :lol:
Obviously all the players who are being mass town read won't be all town.

This game wasn't solved in RVS.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:22 am

Post by the worst »

In post 332, Shoshin wrote:
In post 331, Performer wrote:gustavo
Irrelephant isn't Gustavo. Can't compare.
No one is like Gustavo except his other accounts
--
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Creature »

In post 553, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 534, Irrelephant11 wrote:If Keyser is right that I am TMI-ing the alignments of many townies, I am the most pro-town scummer that ever scummed :lol: :lol:
Obviously all the players who are being mass town read won't be all town.

This game wasn't solved in RVS.
I sorta do what he does mostly to narrow down the lynch options.

My townreads will then either strenghten or fade as the days go.
Sigh
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 545, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 513, Nauci wrote:I've seen townrelephant exhibit these behaviors in every game I've seen townrelephant

He's infectiously cheerful to the point of paranoia driving pocketing as a personality
So you're sold he's outside his scum range here?
No. As I always say, his scum range is huge and he's good at it.

I'm just saying that all of those behaviors are within his town range.

Which his scum range largely encompasses.

Irrelephant requires far more observation to sort than that.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Creature »

Like, Irre reminds me the time I used to be excited about making giant townblocks (there was some game I forgot where I townread more than half the playerlist by D1, possibly Civilization mafia or Double Deck).
Sigh
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 554, the worst wrote:
Saudade is like if Gustavo was finally driven off the brink and decided to become a supervillain
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 545, Keyser Söze wrote:So you're sold he's outside his scum range here?
Irrelephant's response to my wagon should clear him. As scum, he'd express a townread on me but allow a wagon to unfold without working this hard to prevent a mislynch.

Based on my recent games with Irrelephant (TAZ, and the Schadd game you were in), Irrelephant knows that I'm mislynchable even in games where it seems like I'm the most widely townread player (TAZ) and that mislynches sometimes happen quickly without time for a town response (Carmen's lynch in Schadd's game). Knowing this, I doubt scum Irrelephant completely shuts down any possibilty of my mislynch when it's potentially picking up steam (I was the largest wagon when Irrelephant started defending me).
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 552, the worst wrote:I think scum!Creature is more likely to just throw out townreads for the sake of having made them and is less likely to mention them at all if he's going to freeze up. Imo his reentries to the thread are something scum!Creature avoids. [refer Heroes Wanted, possibly his strongest scumgame in ages]

he's >rand town and >rand not scum unless his scumgame has developed again in a really unusual direction. I'm kinda being pretty cautious with this tho
Good analysis.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 516, Irrelephant11 wrote:Keyser, I agree that it's very possible that the gamestate is indicative of 1-2 wolves collecting townreads they don't deserve. I don't understand either (1) why that's more likely me than anyone else or (2) why did I set up this sentence to have two parts, I don't think I have a second part
My narrative paints you as the instigator / master manipulator x

It looks like I'm the only one scum reading you... :shifty:

I will look at Performer next... the 'chosen' wagon
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Performer »

@irrel uh . Your 2362 was the only one where it appeared to be naked voting, but we could already tell in that game your reasoning for voting enigma (1959) . so it didnt count as naked voting like in this game.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Shoshin »

Performer, can you link me your most recent town/scum games?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

One more bite...

In post 559, Shoshin wrote:
In post 545, Keyser Söze wrote:So you're sold he's outside his scum range here?
Irrelephant's response to my wagon should clear him. As scum, he'd express a townread on me but allow a wagon to unfold without working this hard to prevent a mislynch.

Based on my recent games with Irrelephant (TAZ, and the Schadd game you were in), Irrelephant knows that I'm mislynchable even in games where it seems like I'm the most widely townread player (TAZ) and that mislynches sometimes happen quickly without time for a town response (Carmen's lynch in Schadd's game). Knowing this, I doubt scum Irrelephant completely shuts down any possibilty of my mislynch when it's potentially picking up steam (I was the largest wagon when Irrelephant started defending me).
I didn't think your wagon was 'legit' though, it didn't have any of the 'town block' powering it. Only the nulls/low posters on it. Plus, Relly was already committed to a hard town read of you. He wasn't gonna step down from that and try to "shut down" your lynch.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Performer: I mean when you hop on to the Shoshin wagon, though both you and Xtoxm don't look great there. /shrugs.
I felt both of you were repeating a lot of what I was laying down and not doing that much original thinking.
In post 516, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 501, Varsoon wrote:
In post 442, Mitillos wrote:@Varsoon: Is your calling Shoshin town sincere, or are you still upset about the policy lynch thing (or possibly something else)? If it is sincere, please explain your read on her.
Shoshin's 99.9% town, didn't you read Irrel's post?
I don't have ill will towards you, and I came into this game excited to play with the Varsoon who is eagerly trying to improve his ability to get along with other players & play well by joining more newbie games. Please stop giving your best effort to get me to be angry with you.
Yeah, that's cool.
Then people used out-of-game reasons to browbeat me into having to accept that sometimes I am a horribly wrong and terribly mean person.
Do you think I should just not trust you at face value? You said Shoshin is 99% town. Is that not true? Why do you want me to fight you on that point? You literally said to lynch you over Shoshin if it came down to it.
At this point it's clear that people would prefer if I just shut up and be complicit with our town commander-in-chief and let us have this great townblock that definitely shouldn't be undermined ever and for sure consists of only town. If I continue to just have pointless fights with Shoshin, it'll just degrade the game quality and Shoshin'll never play with me again and I'll just be angry and no one will be able to accurately read me for it--why would I stay on that path when the other path is easily sheeping someone who's a majority townread and has never mislynched?
In post 517, the worst wrote:
In post 278, Varsoon wrote:P-EDIT:
Everything above the pedit is cringe
Everything below the pedit is locktown-irl

Varsoon I think you're really caught up on like holistic meta stuff and I'm like... not all that interested in it.... do you think the reads have been bad? maliciously intended? which ones? why?
I think the reads are awful, but my brain is dumb.
In post 518, Mitillos wrote:@Varsoon: Your response tells me that you really don't give a shit right now whether we figure out who is scum or not. You really are making it very difficult to take you seriously and not just dismiss you as functionally anti-town. Mafia is a co-operative game. If you are town, how about you try some calm sincerity? Then the rest of us can see and evaluate your reads, and either vote like you, or voice our disagreements. If you just want to go with what Shoshin says because you expect her to be wrong and want to gloat about it after the fact, then you're just screwing the rest of us over for your personal vendetta. If you're just upset now and you can make it pass, please hurry up and do. Either way, I await honest responses to my questions, once you are ready.
How am I functionally anti-town if I'm helping the townblock lynch scum?
How am I functionally anti-town by making a conscious decision not to fight the global townread?
How am I functionally anti-town for stepping back from a stance of undermining the townblock that will for sure crush scum?
I expect Shoshin to be right because Shoshin has literally never mislynched scum and Irrelephant has a 99.9% townread on Shoshin.
Shoshin's way more in her element than me right now.
Why should I compromise the game and ruin our chances of winning because of some personal thing?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 564, Keyser Söze wrote:I didn't think your wagon was 'legit' though, it didn't have any of the 'town block' powering it. Only the nulls/low posters on it. Plus, Relly was already committed to a hard town read of you. He wasn't gonna step down from that and try to "shut down" your lynch.
The "town block" isn't majority of players. Plus NM quickhammers. This is precisely the kind of game where scum Irrelephant keeps options open in terms of allowing my lynch to happen while calling me town. I just don't see him going out of his way to defend me in the way he has as scum. What's he gain from it?
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:48 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 414, Shoshin wrote:A thought: Nancy once called me "shamelessly bad," "atrocious," and "a blight on the ecosystem" in the middle of a game, and maybe other things I forgot about? It was quite harsh. But now we're friends? So I hope that all the players who dislike me will one day come to enjoy my playstyle.
Not really game related, but generally speaking I try to keep what happens in a game to that specific game. Like, I could call someone stupid.. I could call them incompetent.. I could go as far as saying I will black list them, but I never do, and often enough they'll find me playing with them in the very next game too.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nauci's posts actually ping me really hard as scum and I don't have much reason besides 'gut'.
I'm sure a better player can make a better case there if Nauci is actually scum, though.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Shoshin »

Varsoon, what's your read on Xtom?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Nauci »

Varsoon, why do you treat the game as if fighting the town read on shoshin or sarcastic shitposting about townreading shoshin are your only options?

Both are unproductive, and there are countless other ways to engage. Ignoring shoshin and her reads, what do you think of other players?

What are your thoughts on AlmostNancy? Specifically, on the Almost50 half, actually.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 566, Shoshin wrote:
In post 564, Keyser Söze wrote:I didn't think your wagon was 'legit' though, it didn't have any of the 'town block' powering it. Only the nulls/low posters on it. Plus, Relly was already committed to a hard town read of you. He wasn't gonna step down from that and try to "shut down" your lynch.
The "town block" isn't majority of players. Plus NM quickhammers. This is precisely the kind of game where scum Irrelephant keeps options open in terms of allowing my lynch to happen while calling me town. I just don't see him going out of his way to defend me in the way he has as scum. What's he gain from it?
I still believe if he’d reversed on his 99% t/read on you that would have looked bad on scum!Relly (and I don’t think that’s my confirm bias speaking)

What’s he gain from it? Pocketed player. No disruption to his clique.

I t/read you, but not to the extent that Relly does *shrug*
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 571, Keyser Söze wrote:I still believe if he’d reversed on his 99% t/read on you that would have looked bad on scum!Relly (and I don’t think that’s my confirm bias speaking)
I'm confused. I'm saying Irrelephant would have townread me at 99% as scum. It's the extra step of acting like a bodyguard that he wouldn't have done. It's the level of engagement behind his defense.

If Irrelephant scumreads me at any time in this game, immediately lynch him.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 am

Post by the worst »

In post 558, Nauci wrote:
In post 554, the worst wrote:
Saudade is like if Gustavo was finally driven off the brink and decided to become a supervillain
LMFAO
sausage is my friend! I think he's definitely stared into the bully void and decided to become one with it though. he's a meanie

okay I'll be back on my lunch break. still ~5 pages unread before I came back.
--
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Shoshin »

It's a fast game. We probably need to slow down a bit for others to catch up.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”