AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 597, Varsoon wrote:I'm really, really grateful that I don't have to be in a game with Porkens.
Now that's a policy lynch I could get behind.
Hands down, easiest player on the whole damn site to read correctly.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 568, Varsoon wrote:Nauci's posts actually ping me really hard as scum and I don't have much reason besides 'gut'.
I'm sure a better player can make a better case there if Nauci is actually scum, though.
I've been amused that while I've been more hesitant to hand out hard reads (which is my style but can look like scum keeping options open) and not even explaining the ones I've given, you were FOSing elsewhere.

The game I modded had like >600 Saudade posts so I see no reason to form strong cases for anything yet, with probably 50+ pages left to go on Day 1. My stance on performer and xtoxm is based on a very strong reaction to the few posts they have but I just don't have enough information this game to form strong opinions.

Keyser, Skitter30, and AlmostNancy—what are your thoughts on Performer's reaction to the scumreads on him? Or on Shoshin moving off the wagon?

@shoshin how have you only rolled scum once? Please tell TW and I of your secrets. Do you sacrifice virgins to RNGesus?

@varsoon I thought I was explicitly explaining that A: this behavior is within town-shoshin bounds even if it could be scum it shouldn't be the basis for a case, and B: we (the players I'm familiar with here) appreciate her for turning up evidence but do not sheep her reads

Everyone else: what are your thoughts on Mit's informed claim? Is it genuine? Could it have been faked? Would it be useful for scum to fake something like that?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 600, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 597, Varsoon wrote:I'm really, really grateful that I don't have to be in a game with Porkens.
Dude contributes nothing as either alignment and somehow slides into LYLO because people won't lynch no-effort garbage anymore.
Oh wait.
I dunno, I always have difficulty reading him correctly.
Guess it's cus our playstyles are so different.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by the worst »

Nancy has a hilarious scumtell on Porkens which I'm not sure if she's outed or not :shifty:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Nauci: Yeah, dude, Shoshin's town, you don't have to convince me of that.
You can talk long and hard about the existence of your own spine this game, but until you prove it, I'm going to doubt you.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 602, Varsoon wrote:
In post 600, AlmostNancy wrote:
Dude contributes nothing as either alignment and somehow slides into LYLO because people won't lynch no-effort garbage anymore.
Oh wait.
I dunno, I always have difficulty reading him correctly.
Guess it's cus our playstyles are so different.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In post 603, the worst wrote:Nancy has a hilarious scumtell on Porkens which I'm not sure if she's outed or not :shifty:
Yeah, she knows I think. She calls any scumreads on her a “witchhunt”. She did that both in Labrynth and in Overkill 1.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 601, Nauci wrote:Everyone else: what are your thoughts on Mit's informed claim? Is it genuine? Could it have been faked? Would it be useful for scum to fake something like that?
Not a chance. Not unless he Ninja modifier is attached to a non-killing action (example: Ninja RB, Ninja Framer.. etc.). In that case they can fool a hypothetical Watcher (which we don't even have confirmation exists) into thinking someone's lying about being RB'd or a Cop red result is true (which -again- is very unlikely because it requires a Watcher to be targeting the same person the Cop is, or at least the same PR the Scum RB is blocking).

However, Ninja is usually attacked to kills (either a player or the factional kill) and if someone flips with a Ninja modifier, or if a Watcher existed was on the NK and saw no one visiting, it will result in an instant lynch of Mitillos.

But since you brought me "home" (theorizing about the setup) I'd say a Serial Killer who was informed there was no Watcher in the game could use that gambit. Maybe a Mafia team with that info would too.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 601, Nauci wrote:
In post 568, Varsoon wrote:Nauci's posts actually ping me really hard as scum and I don't have much reason besides 'gut'.
I'm sure a better player can make a better case there if Nauci is actually scum, though.
I've been amused that while I've been more hesitant to hand out hard reads (which is my style but can look like scum keeping options open) and not even explaining the ones I've given, you were FOSing elsewhere.

The game I modded had like >600 Saudade posts so I see no reason to form strong cases for anything yet, with probably 50+ pages left to go on Day 1. My stance on performer and xtoxm is based on a very strong reaction to the few posts they have but I just don't have enough information this game to form strong opinions.

Keyser, Skitter30, and AlmostNancy—what are your thoughts on Performer's reaction to the scumreads on him? Or on Shoshin moving off the wagon?

@shoshin how have you only rolled scum once? Please tell TW and I of your secrets. Do you sacrifice virgins to RNGesus?

@varsoon I thought I was explicitly explaining that A: this behavior is within town-shoshin bounds even if it could be scum it shouldn't be the basis for a case, and B: we (the players I'm familiar with here) appreciate her for turning up evidence but do not sheep her reads

Everyone else: what are your thoughts on Mit's informed claim? Is it genuine? Could it have been faked? Would it be useful for scum to fake something like that?
Performer seemed to be OMGUSSING most of the votes on him - could be NAI?

Shoshin was testing that wagon and found a better one.

I believe Mit’s claim. I don’t really see the scum motivation in doing that but I was townreading them even without that.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Where did Mit even claim?
I remember them mentioning informed being in the setup, but don't recall an actual claim.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 401, Krazy wrote:Pylons

Neverpagetop.gif

Votecount 1.7

Performer(4)
~ (52), (42), (28), (46)

Shoshin(3)
~ (1), (8), (9)
Xtoxm(1)
~ (19)
Varsoon(1)
~ (48)

Not Voting (6): Creature(26), (24), Not_Mafia(0), (15), Saudade(15), AlmostNancy(48)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:16:27)

FLAVOR
Spoiler:

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

VOTE: Xtoxm

Strikes me a possibly disgruntled scum, like Shoshin said, pissed at the townblock.

Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Did someone say math teacher?

@Nancy: I explained why teacher was more suspicious than xtoxm in the very post you quoted. His vote is without any reasons given, his post devoid of content except a weak and non-committal defense of Performer. That's even less effort than xtoxm had put into his posts.

@Varsoon: I claimed information. It got buried in my verbose style. Also, you should try to do something about that bitterness, quickly. Some of us have been explicitly asking for your own reads, and you insist on going on about how Shoshin is infallible. This is not helpful or relevant. Just because most of us are townreading both Irrelephant and Shoshin doesn't mean 1) we are automatically correct, 2) they are correct in their reads, or 3) we don't care about your reads. But you have to make the effort, and yes, show your work.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 552, the worst wrote:Imo his reentries to the thread are something scum!Creature avoids. [refer Heroes Wanted, possibly his strongest scumgame in ages]
i feel like his re-entries into threads is fluffier than i'm used to with town!him

==

i kinda think varsoon is town too tbh

==
In post 576, Varsoon wrote:I have no idea why AlmostNancy has such a townread. Neither head has done anything that's impressed me or challenged the gamestate, imo.
They're playing really safe despite all the content they've generated, which is actually fairly par for the course for both heads, especially Nancy.
I couldn't tell you about A50 specifically, though, as I haven't really had the time or passion to differentiate the two.
i don't know anything about nancy and don't have much of an opinion on her either way, although she feels very very guileless, which i tend to townread

i'm pretty good at reading the a50 head; his first few posts felt like town!him

i'm actually rethinking that now and i'm not as confident on that anymore

==
In post 578, AlmostNancy wrote:I am null on teacher, but just wanted to point out I have personally instructed my team to vote together and in succession on one target in early game to fool this VCA tactic in particular. I also would like to point out it was also used in the Team Mafia 2018 by at least one scum team for the same purpose.
yep, and it worked too :)

==
In post 601, Nauci wrote:Keyser, Skitter30, and AlmostNancy—what are your thoughts on Performer's reaction to the scumreads on him? Or on Shoshin moving off the wagon?
idk

the only time i played with him (as town) i townread him for very doggedly trying to find scum and pursuing his scumreads (even if i disagreed with him) and just being very try-hard i guess is the right way to explain it

(and then i ultimately mislynched him, oops)

i haven't seen that here yet

he also replaced in to that game on like day4 and had a lot of content so i don't know if that's a factor i should be taking into account when comparing his play here to there

overall i'm kinda underwhelemed but i feel like that might be a funcion of him being overwhelemed by the speed of the game and how many posts there are and not necessarily because he's scum

==
In post 605, AlmostNancy wrote:Yeah, she knows I think. She calls any scumreads on her a “witchhunt”. She did that both in Labrynth and in Overkill 1.
i mean by posting that from now on all they have to do is avoid calling scumreads on them a witchunt and now you'll townread them if they see this

==
In post 608, Varsoon wrote:Where did Mit even claim?
I remember them mentioning informed being in the setup, but don't recall an actual claim.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I've given plenty of my own reads, but I guess it just got buried in my bitter style.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 612, skitter30 wrote:i don't know anything about nancy and don't have much of an opinion on her either way, although she feels very very guileless, which i tend to townread
i recently got fooled on this sort of read tho which is why i'm hesitant to just flat-out call her town for it
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Xtoxm
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 611, Mitillos wrote:Did someone say math teacher?

@Nancy: I explained why teacher was more suspicious than xtoxm in the very post you quoted. His vote is without any reasons given, his post devoid of content except a weak and non-committal defense of Performer. That's even less effort than xtoxm had put into his posts.

@Varsoon: I claimed information. It got buried in my verbose style. Also, you should try to do something about that bitterness, quickly. Some of us have been explicitly asking for your own reads, and you insist on going on about how Shoshin is infallible. This is not helpful or relevant. Just because most of us are townreading both Irrelephant and Shoshin doesn't mean 1) we are automatically correct, 2) they are correct in their reads, or 3) we don't care about your reads. But you have to make the effort, and yes, show your work.
You prefer a teacher lynch instead? I’m not opposed to that. I would just prefer to see a few more posts of theirs. Also, I think Key claimed to have meta on teacher. @Key, help us out here. Based on that single post, how do you read teacher?

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by the worst »

I have meta with teacher too!
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 612, skitter30 wrote:
In post 552, the worst wrote:Imo his reentries to the thread are something scum!Creature avoids. [refer Heroes Wanted, possibly his strongest scumgame in ages]
i feel like his re-entries into threads is fluffier than i'm used to with town!him

==

i kinda think varsoon is town too tbh

==
In post 576, Varsoon wrote:I have no idea why AlmostNancy has such a townread. Neither head has done anything that's impressed me or challenged the gamestate, imo.
They're playing really safe despite all the content they've generated, which is actually fairly par for the course for both heads, especially Nancy.
I couldn't tell you about A50 specifically, though, as I haven't really had the time or passion to differentiate the two.
i don't know anything about nancy and don't have much of an opinion on her either way, although she feels very very guileless, which i tend to townread

i'm pretty good at reading the a50 head; his first few posts felt like town!him

i'm actually rethinking that now and i'm not as confident on that anymore

==
In post 578, AlmostNancy wrote:I am null on teacher, but just wanted to point out I have personally instructed my team to vote together and in succession on one target in early game to fool this VCA tactic in particular. I also would like to point out it was also used in the Team Mafia 2018 by at least one scum team for the same purpose.
yep, and it worked too :)

==
In post 601, Nauci wrote:Keyser, Skitter30, and AlmostNancy—what are your thoughts on Performer's reaction to the scumreads on him? Or on Shoshin moving off the wagon?
idk

the only time i played with him (as town) i townread him for very doggedly trying to find scum and pursuing his scumreads (even if i disagreed with him) and just being very try-hard i guess is the right way to explain it

(and then i ultimately mislynched him, oops)

i haven't seen that here yet

he also replaced in to that game on like day4 and had a lot of content so i don't know if that's a factor i should be taking into account when comparing his play here to there

overall i'm kinda underwhelemed but i feel like that might be a funcion of him being overwhelemed by the speed of the game and how many posts there are and not necessarily because he's scum

==
In post 605, AlmostNancy wrote:Yeah, she knows I think. She calls any scumreads on her a “witchhunt”. She did that both in Labrynth and in Overkill 1.
i mean by posting that from now on all they have to do is avoid calling scumreads on them a witchunt and now you'll townread them if they see this

==
In post 608, Varsoon wrote:Where did Mit even claim?
The secret already got outted in Overkill 1. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be posting it here.

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 604, Varsoon wrote:@Nauci: Yeah, dude, Shoshin's town, you don't have to convince me of that.
You can talk long and hard about the existence of your own spine this game, but until you prove it, I'm going to doubt you.
I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm even specifically saying that I've not been the towniest town who ever did town

But I'll get there
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 617, the worst wrote:I have meta with teacher too!
And? Do you think they could be scum here?

Spoiler:

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 620, AlmostNancy wrote:

Spoiler:
as a great and very confident salesman I know once said,

Probably not
Maybe

like there's nothing in his first post that really says either alignment, I think he'd agree with me saying he isn't playing yet
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 621, the worst wrote:
In post 620, AlmostNancy wrote:

Spoiler:
as a great and very confident salesman I know once said,

Probably not
Maybe

like there's nothing in his first post that really says either alignment, I think he'd agree with me saying he isn't playing yet
With very few exceptions, I wouldn’t feel comfortable lynching anyone, just on one post - unless, we didn’t have any better candidates.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by the worst »

I'd want some pretty spicy meta to lynch a one-poster

Teacher has a strong scumgame but imo a better towngame, so he's not someone I'm interested in pushing for that either. He'll play when he has the time (and probably when we slow down a fraction) regardless of whether he's a wolf or not imo
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 616, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 611, Mitillos wrote:Did someone say math teacher?

You prefer a teacher lynch instead? I’m not opposed to that. I would just prefer to see a few more posts of theirs. Also, I think Key claimed to have meta on teacher. @Key, help us out here. Based on that single post, how do you read teacher?
I think I may be mistaken... teacher joined April 2018 and just checked his topic list - I don’t think I have played with them... very strange.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”