Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

It’s half 1 here... will look at Performer, or fall to sleep.
In which case, night night x
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Nauci »

Irrelephant and I manipulated teacher a lot when we rolled scum together in his first game on the site

Sorry bud

He was very calm, analytical, and effortful that game (again, apologies for framing you up as an IIOA patsy or something), and I expect him to do the same here when he finally gets in here. I don't have the same hopes for xtoxm who's been reading but not contributing, but I don't know him at all. Performer I've seen try hard but not sure what to make of his reactions here.

I'm admittedly hopeless at reading creature or NM, and likely Saudade, whose style amuses and perplexes me.

I'm fairly committed to my read that Mit isn't scum, but not crossing out the possibility that he's 3p of some sort.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 177, teacher wrote:Ho Lee Crud, this is definitely going to be a mistake if we are on page 8 already. But its such a good list.

@Nauci, nice to see you again and welcome back from your trip. Just the last game Elephant was making a joke about how weird it was to be in a game without you screaming about how good he is as scum.

@TW, performer always feels wolfy to me too, but I did not get any real vibes from the entrance here.

VOTE: Shoshin
Since this looks like an RVS vote and he is engaging with Nauci and TW and trying to sort Performer, I don’t see in what world, he is a better lynch than Xman. Sorry, I keep forgetting how to spell that. :/

Anyway, I will take TW’s word on him.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by Mitillos »

I don't particularly want a teacher lynch at this time. I was simply discussing relative rankings. He needs to get back here and post thoughts, before I'd even consider that (which is also why I'm not voting him).
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 368, Nauci wrote:
In post 350, Krazy wrote:
Votecount 1.6

Shoshin(3)
~ (1), (5), (9)

Performer(3)
~ (48), (32), (17)
Xtoxm(1)
~ (18)
Varsoon(1)
~ (48)

Not Voting (7): Creature(26), (24), Not_Mafia(0), (15), Saudade(15), (35), AlmostNancy(38)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:13:43)

MOD REMINDERSI believe I have identified the issue I noticed with the last vote count; this one should have accurate post counts.

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
Since I feel strongly about performer and/or xtoxm, this temporarily clears teacher in my eyes
^^^^^^^^
this is towny
In post 369, Xtoxm wrote:Lol @ having 2 strong instant scum reads in a large game. Get ove4 yourself.
:/
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 382, Irrelephant11 wrote:xtoxm you should post more so that it is harder for nauci to mislynch you
#goodposting
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 628, Mitillos wrote:I don't particularly want a teacher lynch at this time. I was simply discussing relative rankings. He needs to get back here and post thoughts, before I'd even consider that (which is also why I'm not voting him).
Okay. I think X’s behaviour is anti-town. He really hasn’t done a damn thing but regugitate angry Varsoon posts but unlike Varsoon, nothing remotely game solvey.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 460, the worst wrote:
In post 206, Mitillos wrote:@worst: Hard scumreading? No, just a bit. There's not much else in his content yet, so I'm waiting to see atm. I'm also waiting to see what the lurkers will say. e.g. I don't like Xtoxm's one post.
Yo talk to me about what you didn't like from Xtoxm's sole post? I'm gonna annoy Nauci abt this later as well
In post 475, Mitillos wrote:@worst: He came in, said a whole lot of nothing, except to ask Varsoon if they're on the same team. (Incidentally, I don't think his wording is as suspicious as you and others suggested, but that's just me.)
What bothered me there is why he didn't bother to do anything else. If he considered this to be the start of the game, why not participate in RVS? If not, why not read a bit (his was post 106, there weren't that many yet) and give his opinions? It just didn't look good either way.
Most of his posts aren't great, with #308 being the only one that makes me want to wait and see if he's a slow starter type, and is going to start providing more content at some point (hopefully soon).
I'm leaning slightly scum on xtoxm, but I think there are more interesting people to read through, and look for a good place to vote.
I never took exception at his wording I don't think? Actually the more I thought about his opening post the more I didn't dislike it, it felt like she pretty natural turn of phrase. That's why I was trying to reach out to Nauci abt it and see if I was being too 2d zz

I respect that his latter posts suck, but can you please explain why you mentioned not liking his sole post in the above?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 485, Shoshin wrote:
In post 483, Creature wrote:Also, "disgusting" is such a strong word to use.
It's a strong emotion.

Who is more likely to feel disgust, town who sees a bunch of townreads floating around, or scum who sees a bunch of townies townreading each other?
This is pretty much the same circular thought I'm stuck in. I don't disagree that he feels tonally stunned but I can't quite decide if it's because he's losing or he dislikes site meta/the way this games being played

He's also not communicating at all and this game has felt like.. really quite friendly so far.. like I love this list
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 487, skitter30 wrote:i mean he was kinda trying to pushback against the idea of a towncore later

how annoyed he feels recently (shoshin is obvs the best etc) feels kinda townie tho? idk
yeah I kinda felt the same reading through, ridiculing Varsoon is usually town Varsoon and all that. I think atm I'm a little worried he's like a caricature of his townself; I'm seeing a lot of familiar meta towntells and not a lot of actual townplay but also that's probably consistent with town!Varsoon who's entered this gamestate and wants out

¯\(°_o)/¯
part of me wants to talk through this read but the other part of me is pretty sure it's way too soon
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Mitillos »

worst: Oh, I misunderstood your intent there. I thought you found the phrase suspicious. My mistake.
I said already why I didn't like his first post. It's everything from "What bothered me" up to "either way".
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 633, the worst wrote:
In post 485, Shoshin wrote:
In post 483, Creature wrote:Also, "disgusting" is such a strong word to use.
It's a strong emotion.

Who is more likely to feel disgust, town who sees a bunch of townreads floating around, or scum who sees a bunch of townies townreading each other?
This is pretty much the same circular thought I'm stuck in. I don't disagree that he feels tonally stunned but I can't quite decide if it's because he's losing or
he dislikes site meta/the way this games being played

He's also not communicating at all and this game has felt like.. really quite friendly so far.. like I love this list
this possibility had crossed my mind tbh; that's why i'm a little hesitant to go all in here; i feel like he could feel awakward rn because he's used to different site meta and is annoyed about how the game is being played rn and how quick it's going - and partially what i'm finding scummy is the fact that he isn't *in* the game yet

and i'm kinda wondering if it's actually scum-indicative or indicative of him being used to a different type of game

(i'm aware that i'm voting him rn)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 494, Keyser Söze wrote:Thoughts?
I might come back to this. The buddying + too much cynicism + sometimes stiff tonality is a large part of why I keep misreading Rel as scum until he blasts holes in his scumrange for me to look through :P

The confident townreads are something I almost expect from town!rrelephant in this list (refer his rep into schadd_'s just-finished coalition game if you want; look at the way he super super smoothly slid into the same conclusion as the rest of us with super minimal outside influence)

I get the feeling scum!rrelephant always goes for the hard pocket rather than throwaway buddying lines and the general buddying thing was like a strong towntell for me about 6 months ago so I'm not sure if it's relephant as a blanket scumtell
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 500, Creature wrote:VC here

<3 Creature -- Krazy's VC below:

Votecount 1.8

Performer(4)
~ (61), (49), (37), (54)

Shoshin(3)
~ (1), (8), (13)
Xtoxm(1)
~ (27)
Varsoon(1)
~ (61)

Not Voting (6): Creature(49), (25), Not_Mafia(0), (24), Saudade(15), AlmostNancy(57)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:15:26)

MOD REMINDERSFor the record, there actually haven't been any vote changes since the last vote count, but I think it's still handy to have one every few pages. Normally I wouldn't edit in a vote count, but since there's no changes anyway (other than in post count), I'll leave this here for convenience

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
Bless Krazy for this edit :lol:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 501, Varsoon wrote:
In post 442, Mitillos wrote:@Varsoon: Is your calling Shoshin town sincere, or are you still upset about the policy lynch thing (or possibly something else)? If it is sincere, please explain your read on her.
Shoshin's 99.9% town, didn't you read Irrel's post?
Hm
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 505, Varsoon wrote:When I wrote that I figured it'd be between Irrel, Shoshin, and AlmostNancy.
Now though, I believe in all of them!
Viva la townblock!
Hmmmm
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 508, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 497, Irrelephant11 wrote:what if I told you I just have a lot of townreads and want all my townreads to townread me...
as town
I feel you should be more paranoid / town-cautious.

It's like you've thrown down a town block and you sit pretty within it (players also town reading you).

And then are a list of 4-5 players (probably me on the edge or dipping into it) in everyone's PoE right now. It doesnt feel right.
I like where you're coming from but we're probably looking at 3v12, 3+1v12, 4v12 or 3v1v12

there's gonna be a shitload of town and absence of paranoia when forming a d1 townblock isn't a scumtell
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by the worst »

[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?

I've seen townrelephant exhibit these behaviors in every game I've seen townrelephant

He's infectiously cheerful to the point of paranoia driving pocketing as a personality[/quote]
How do I get back to the days when people talked about me like this?

@Rel we should hydra
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 521, Irrelephant11 wrote:because shoshin did
that's what I thought
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 523, AlmostNancy wrote:Right
Is this happening because of...
the dare?
:lol:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 532, Shoshin wrote:I'm adding Varsoon to my list of strong town.
Talk to me about this? Or if heavy meta influence do y9u have some recommended reading?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 534, Irrelephant11 wrote:If Keyser is right that I am TMI-ing the alignments of many townies, I am the most pro-town scummer that ever scummed :lol: :lol:
go bus your team pls
<3
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 623, the worst wrote:I'd want some pretty spicy meta to lynch a one-poster
There are some players who I'd feel confident townreading or scumreading based on zero posts.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 645, the worst wrote:
In post 532, Shoshin wrote:I'm adding Varsoon to my list of strong town.
Talk to me about this? Or if heavy meta influence do y9u have some recommended reading?
All the games. The list Varsoon provided me in TAZ is a good start.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 549, Creature wrote:
In post 546, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 540, Creature wrote:I personally feel like I used to obvtown more
Would you read yourself as town here?
If it was midlate 2017 to earlymid 2018, no.

But considering I'm pretty aware my energy is significantly smaller, then yes, I'd look for my struggles.
I hope I live to d2 to discuss this. Someone remind me. Ongoing game related reasons for clamming up here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”