Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And with a Flicker red flip, it proves that Emperor and I couldn't be scum together.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:24 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 448, Flavor Leaf wrote:If Emperor and I were the scum team, there was absolutely zero reasoning for Vorkuta death, as that would have been a great asset to have.
Yeah, unless the night kill was some master WIFOM, I don't think a team with Flavor would have killed Vorkura. I also don't think a Flavor/Emperor team (or possibly a Flavor/Trekkie's slot team) would have Emperor being this inactive/bad. I mean, if I was Flavor, I'd be coaching my partner in the scum chat 1000%, and I just don't get that sense from Emperor's play. Not that scum teams can't say, "Hey, let's not get interact privately, to keep our game thread interactions pure," but I think that kind of play works better when they're both experienced.

Also, I'm too impatient to wait any more for Trekkie's reply to my last questions, so I'll say this: take a look at the time stamps between my and Trekkie's posts when I asked him to read the thread and vote. If he really did read the whole thread, is that suspiciously fast (roughly 30-40 minutes, depending on which posts you compare)? It's not definitive evidence he's fake-claiming scum (there's a few other plausible explanations I don't have time to lay out right now), but I found it odd and I want to know what everyone else thinks, especially
@2nd
b/c it seems like you have the most WIM.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 443, Bulbazoor wrote:I'll be making a decision tomorrow. The doc claim still feels genuine and I wonder why flavor has him in his srs?
I do think the doc claim was genuine too
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:01 am

In post 432, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 430, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Yeah I’m starting to lean more towards flicker being scummy over flavor right at this moment
This post rubs me the wrong way. Jumping on a bandwagon much?
Well if that’s the way you want to take it. What he said had made me go back and read over things and re read his thread which didn’t seem particularly summy. But flicker on the other hand did. I haven’t really got my second scum read yet, I’m still trying to figure it out. I’m at work now so I might be able to pop on and read some stuff over
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:04 am

In post 441, Alonzo wrote:I disagree with you on Emperor, I think that slot has scum equity off the back of the lynch on Muh, otherwise I cant really disagree with anything your saying.

My problem is that theres been alot of lurking, and you seem to be townreading players who TR you and Scumreading those who don't.

Could be nothing, could be something.

Well I didn’t vote D1, if I was scum I would of voted for whatever bandwagon would of got a lynch the fastest
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:15 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 454, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 441, Alonzo wrote:I disagree with you on Emperor, I think that slot has scum equity off the back of the lynch on Muh, otherwise I cant really disagree with anything your saying.

My problem is that theres been alot of lurking, and you seem to be townreading players who TR you and Scumreading those who don't.

Well I didn’t vote D1, if I was scum I would of voted for whatever bandwagon would of got a lynch the fastest
Like, this is WIFOM, but it’s genuine as hell.

This is town.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

The fact that Flicker is arguing my side, and still nobody is jumping on him shows that Flicker is scum.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Flicker »

I've been thinking some more about Trekkie's slot, and I think I've just been derptunneled on him, sorry. Claiming TPR at L-2 is bad town play, but it seems like it would be worse scum play (bad timing vs bad timing + fake claim).

Unfortunately, I can't afford to budget any time to go back over the thread before EoD, and Emperor's still the closest thing I have to a scum read - plus I don't think another lynch is gonna come together - so my vote's staying there. For tomorrow, I will do my best to actually, fully read back over the thread and figure out what's happening, especially if I'm wrong about Emperor, too.

(I feel like this is gonna be my worst game on the site by far; school is definitely melting my brain.)
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Alonzo »

You are correct thats my mistake, for some reason I confused you and 2sw. Apologies.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #2.3:

Emperor flippyNips:
Flicker, Alonzo, 2ndStoryWindow (3)
Flicker:
Flavor Leaf (1)
Flavor Leaf:
Trekkie99 (1)

Not Voting:
Emperor flippyNips, Bulbazoor

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

V/LA:
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-12-06 19:00:00)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Trekkie99 has been prodded.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 455, Flavor Leaf wrote:

This is town.
No it’s not. He’s copying your “if I was scum, I’d do this” bullcrap that you’ve constantly brought up throughout the game. It’s not a town move for an experienced player like yourself.

Wanna know why they killed Vorkuta? Because I was Flavor’s biggest critic D1 and he wanted me to trust in him. Now he has the opportunity to play off that and get me to back away. Not happening. And, bare with the setup speculation here, but if one of them is a roleblocker, all it takes is a simple target on Guten for him to be rendered useless.

Flavor, lynch Emperor. Do it buddy
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

He doesn’t flip scum here.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:35 pm

In post 461, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:

This is town.
No it’s not. He’s copying your “if I was scum, I’d do this” bullcrap that you’ve constantly brought up throughout the game. It’s not a town move for an experienced player like yourself.

Wanna know why they killed Vorkuta? Because I was Flavor’s biggest critic D1 and he wanted me to trust in him. Now he has the opportunity to play off that and get me to back away. Not happening. And, bare with the setup speculation here, but if one of them is a roleblocker, all it takes is a simple target on Guten for him to be rendered useless.

That doesn’t make sense, if he was scum why not just lynch you? And keep Vorkuta who was already on his side
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 462, Flavor Leaf wrote:He doesn’t flip scum here.
If you're so sure of that, lynch him anyway. The reality is we're 23 hours from the deadline, and unless you're set on a no-lynch, we're pushing it close. If/when he does flip town, I'll lay off of you tomorrow and vote Flicker. Make sure to let me know your thoughts on Bulba, too, because I feel like he's been flying under the radar much of the day and I'm still not entirely sure what to think of him.
In post 463, Emperor flippyNips wrote:

This is town.

That doesn’t make sense, if he was scum why not just lynch you? And keep Vorkuta who was already on his side
Because it would have looked bad on him when his biggest attacker flips town, who he counter-pushed to lynch. Also, it's not easy to counter-push as scum when a lot of other players in the lobby have townreads on the player being pushed (in this theoretical case, that would be me).
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 109, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m actually excited to see what comes of this, because I have been hard expecting flippyNips to be scum. I know him in real life, I brought him to the site, told him about the things we can’t talk about in person if I’m near him, and I was soul reading him as scum earlier.

If 2ndWindow ends up being scum, I don’t think flippy is scum. I don’t see him making that RVS vote on a partner.
Also thought I'd leave this here. Make of it what you will.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 463, Emperor flippyNips wrote:

This is town.

Also, if I switched my vote to Flicker, would you join me? A big reason I'm pushing for your lynch right now is because of how close we are to the deadline and I want to convince myself of Flavor's alignment. I'll put that aside if we get a Flicker wagon going fast.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

VOTE: Flicker

Also, Alonzo, please join me/us. You're my best townread so I'm asking you to trust me, as I do you.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:54 pm

VOTE: flicker
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Flavor, I'm gonna be so upset if I'm wrong about you. Please try to get those thoughts on Bulba in before a possible lynch occurs.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by Flicker »

Please state intent to hammer so I can claim, thank you. (Although, with the way this game has gone, I almost feel like I should claim now anyway.)
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 470, Flicker wrote:Please state intent to hammer so I can claim, thank you. (Although, with the way this game has gone, I almost feel like I should claim now anyway.)
Do it
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Flicker »

Okay, then...

I'm the Town Jailkeeper.
Bulbazoor was my N1 target. That's why I said the thing about him being too cute to be a killer in my D2 notes on D1, because I assumed that if Guten's slot was actually the doctor, then they didn't roleblock me (since presumably we're in A2). At some point D1 I panicked and felt like I had to scum it up to avoid the night kill (after Guten claimed? IDK), which explains some of my "bad" play (not all, though; like I said, college is melting my brain).

If I'm not getting lynched and we are in A2, I assume I'm dying tonight now, unless I can successfully target the roleblocker. So, it's been fun, y'all. If you're town, trust no one and question everything in LYLO tomorrow.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Flicker »

These were the reads notes I made for myself earlier today:

Doctor - Trekkie

Townier
2ndstorywindow
Flavor (based on NK as much as posting?)
Bulbazoor (posting seems to have dropped D2) & Alonzo (???)
Emperor
Scummier

At this point, I'm really not sure about any of them. 2nd being towny is the only thing that feels good, but feeling good doesn't always equal being right.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

VOTE: Emperor

Did not expect that...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”