Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Oh and ftr, i think discussion like this is GREAT. Scum hate long days like these. I know when im mafia, i am always really impatient to get things moving, as long days mean more info for the town and more chances to slip up.
I concur, but if the discussion is just about you its harder for scum to screw up then if its about everyone.
this is not necessarily the case.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Yeah, farside's pretty confirmed to me.

Also, that last post by whome is almost enough to make me want to shift my vote. Not quite enough, but almost. Enough to put whome second on my list.
QFAT
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:00 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote:
armlx wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Oh and ftr, i think discussion like this is GREAT. Scum hate long days like these. I know when im mafia, i am always really impatient to get things moving, as long days mean more info for the town and more chances to slip up.
I concur, but if the discussion is just about you its harder for scum to screw up then if its about everyone.
this is not necessarily the case.
Not saying them messing up is impossible, its just easier for them not to do one of many stupid things they could be doing otherwise.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

WhoMe? wrote:
farside22 wrote:The discussion is at a standstill because of you BM. You said you could prove something before night choices were due. I don't see how.
Don't be pissy because I wish the discussion to end and to move on. Reminder 3 days and 99 pages. I would hate to have more replacements.
Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Lets complete the TS lynch, see who does and doesnb't die durign the night, and we have enough posts for 6 data minign companies come tomorrow.
this post actually STINKS of scum. Im starting to wonder about whether i was hasty to put off your lynch earlier today. I mean, you want a hasty lynch on someone you havent even given a detailed case on, and you want to base our play during the day, on who gets killed at night? 0.o
I think the fact you comment on the quantity of data we have is nice, but it doesnt take a genius to see that, regardless of affiliation, there is NO WAY you are actually going to use any of it. Reading the game isnt going to get any easier, and the amount of pages wont decrease.

Also, i'd like to declare myself
Officially AGAINST a TS lynch today
. No, thats not just that she isnt my first choice. Posts like Whome's, and the way in which most of the pressure on her seems to be ill-contrived, and simply an attempt to get an easy, but satisfying mislynch.

I cant really see the attacks on TS as protown (although a TS lynch is a great compromise when we have NO info), so for the moment, i reccommend those on her wagon either unvote, and hide in the corner, or prepare to face my wrath.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Battle Mage wrote:this post actually STINKS of scum. Im starting to wonder about whether i was hasty to put off your lynch earlier today. I mean, you want a hasty lynch on someone you havent even given a detailed case on, and you want to base our play during the day, on who gets killed at night?
Time for me to join in on the BattleMagepallooza.

vote: WhoMe?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 5:12 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

BM wrote: Posts like Whome's, and the way in which most of the pressure on her seems to be ill-contrived, and simply an attempt to get an easy, but satisfying mislynch.
I saw TS as doing the same thing when she was attacking you, though. I'll keep my vote where it is for now, but I'd be willing to switch.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 5:31 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote: Also, i'd like to declare myself
. No, thats not just that she isnt my first choice. Posts like Whome's, and the way in which most of the pressure on her seems to be ill-contrived, and simply an attempt to get an easy, but satisfying mislynch.
I think a lot of this game is just going towards mislynches. I think a lot of it has to do with complacency in following the major wagons (usually the ones you start) and the fact that pretty much the only opinion not made by you so far has been by those attacking you, and 1 person scum hunting usually has some issues.

I'm going to do a review of everyone right now and post what I find, most likely in segments.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 6:25 am

Post by armlx »

OK, I'm half way through, here's how I'm seeing things

Scummy:
Imat (lots of FOSes w/ little vote movement, wagoned TLP, sounds very opportunistic)
WhoMe? (Voting nemesis early, Tlp wagon, pushing deadline, pushing TS wagon who I now think is obv town)
killa 7 (all the things i said about antithesis lurking in plain sight)
dahill (realized why I thought =! town dahill, posts are generally lacking, town dahill makes a fair amount of contributions)

???:
skitzer (more posting plz)
Tarhalidur (more posting plz)
Surye (waiting for him to say something)
xtoxm (I default to BM on this one, he prob has a better read on him)
Matt_s (I got nothing here, all his posts are pretty neutral tell-wise IMO)
Kscope (is Kscope, not getting much from GSgold either)
Peers (is being Peers I guess, slightly better default then Scope IMO)

Town:
Andycyca (seems conservative yet willing to do stuff, townish)
TS (actually trying to help, Incog is obv town on review for same reason)
BM (obv reasons for now)
Pie (not really seeing VD scum right now)
mnowax (a lot of QuickBen's posts seem pro-town to me, could be wrong here, mno seems on par)
farside (obv)
TSN (retract earlier statements, unsure, sounds like him + matt_s fighting for no reason, null argument on both, leaning town as his scum list over Rosso is looking a lot like mine AKA he was actually reading the game at that time)
andersonw (not a lot of posts, comes off as pro-town. Could be wrong again)

Will figure out later:
CKD
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 6:26 am

Post by armlx »

EBWODP: That is not a hlaf way through analysis, that is a full way through one.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
I think a lot of this game is just going towards mislynches. I think a lot of it has to do with complacency in following the major wagons (usually the ones you start) and the fact that pretty much the only opinion not made by you so far has been by those attacking you, and 1 person scum hunting usually has some issues.

I'm going to do a review of everyone right now and post what I find, most likely in segments.
Hey, are you saying i'm not a good scumhunter?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:06 am

Post by skitzer »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
matt_s wrote: Just think it over during the night before doing anything. Even if I don't really know what BM's doing, I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.

I suggest we stop discussing the testing and start discussing who to make dead.
I support this product and/or service (is that meme worn out?)

Anyway, dahill might be scum, but I think there's a much better case for Toaster Strudel. Its time to lynch.

Unvote, vote Toaster Strudel.
I think I've used the last lines of the above post before when I was scum. It feels like TSN is trying to say, "Yes, of course dahill is my scum buddy, but let's lead the town to a mislynch and vote Toaster Strudel! Of course, I could be very wrong.

FoS: TheSweatpantsNinja.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:19 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote:
armlx wrote:

Hey, are you saying i'm not a good scumhunter?

BM
Not really, you have attacked scummy players, my point is simply that very rarely does one person just Rambo through the game and lead town to every correct lynch because each individual person is usually wrong about at least 1 person.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Also, i'd like to declare myself Officially AGAINST a TS lynch today.
Disagree with this...Found her scummy and would still be happy with her lynch...

Yay, 100 pages..Lol.

I'm not seeing Whome as scum. I've found myself quite likeing most of what he's been saying.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Matt_S »

I'm still for a dahill lynch, but a TS lynch doesn't seem like a bad alternative.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:
Also, i'd like to declare myself Officially AGAINST a TS lynch today.
Disagree with this...Found her scummy and would still be happy with her lynch...

Yay, 100 pages..Lol.

I'm not seeing Whome as scum. I've found myself quite likeing most of what he's been saying.
I think ive decided that TS always looks this scummy...
And besides, you have to adapt in light of how others behave. Thats what im doing.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

skitzer wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
matt_s wrote: Just think it over during the night before doing anything. Even if I don't really know what BM's doing, I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.

I suggest we stop discussing the testing and start discussing who to make dead.
I support this product and/or service (is that meme worn out?)

Anyway, dahill might be scum, but I think there's a much better case for Toaster Strudel. Its time to lynch.

Unvote, vote Toaster Strudel.
I think I've used the last lines of the above post before when I was scum. It feels like TSN is trying to say, "Yes, of course dahill is my scum buddy, but let's lead the town to a mislynch and vote Toaster Strudel!
Of course, I could be very wrong.

FoS: TheSweatpantsNinja.
Bolding and Underlining mine. I HATE it when people do that. You were making so much sense until you decided to undermine everything you had said with something so stupid as "I think this...but there again, maybe i dont". Have some fricking conviction. Otherwise you look like you are simply covering all your bases and half-heartedly scumhunting.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:38 am

Post by armlx »

I am up for a lynch of any of the 4 people I listed as scummy, however I want to wait for Imat to return before proceeding.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

armlx wrote:So, the scenario is we have no vigilante, an SK, a cult, a mafia, and ANOTHER Sk or mafia. Thats pretty much it. In my experience, SK + cult + mafia even with a more or less all power role town in 20 people is a likely scum of some variety win, so it seems the only balanced scenario, especially including the probable powered up cult post recruiter death, is a power role heavy town with no vig against 4 scum groups. Just makes no sense.
I'll buy that.

Anyways, the whole farside-wasting-a-kill-would-be-scummy point is secondary to the whole it's-a-dumb-idea-to-waste-a-kill point.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:56 am

Post by armlx »

Pie_is_good wrote:
armlx wrote:So, the scenario is we have no vigilante, an SK, a cult, a mafia, and ANOTHER Sk or mafia. Thats pretty much it. In my experience, SK + cult + mafia even with a more or less all power role town in 20 people is a likely scum of some variety win, so it seems the only balanced scenario, especially including the probable powered up cult post recruiter death, is a power role heavy town with no vig against 4 scum groups. Just makes no sense.
I'll buy that.

Anyways, the whole farside-wasting-a-kill-would-be-scummy point is secondary to the whole it's-a-dumb-idea-to-waste-a-kill point.
I concur. Now that I actually have a good list of scummy people, I think our vig would be better off shooting some of them and if it comes up later on BM can be dealt with.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:12 am

Post by dahill1 »

armlx wrote:I am up for a lynch of any of the 4 people I listed as scummy, however I want to wait for Imat to return before proceeding.
woo someone else who finds Imat scummy
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:13 am

Post by armlx »

Earlier him and Incognito kept getting confused in my mind as I yelled at both of them D1 and avatars changed and what not. Now I'm back on track.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

dahill1 wrote:
armlx wrote:I am up for a lynch of any of the 4 people I listed as scummy, however I want to wait for Imat to return before proceeding.
Do you still have no defense? Just curious.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:49 am

Post by armlx »

After review, CKD is in my ??? category. He's definitely been logical, but he's not done anything the says especially pro-town to me. Rather wait to see how other people turn up before deciding here.

Also, in case he missed it, I want BM's thoughts on xtoxm to finish my list, as I have no good read on him.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:58 am

Post by dahill1 »

Matt_S wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
against being lazy in general? not really
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by armlx »

dahill1 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
against being lazy in general? not really
Your lazy has been especially concentrated into this game however. Any reason?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”