Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1221, Varsoon wrote:Actually, the entire re-focus to Xtoxm over Key makes me very uncomfortable about Nauci.
I'm confident Nauci's town, but I would like to see a wagon build on Key. I think competing wagons on any of my bottom three scumreads would benefit this game a lot.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1222, Varsoon wrote:Nancy, Shoshin's helped me gain a ton of perspective in this game and my read on her has 180'd.
Does that make me scum, too?
That really wasn’t my point at all. :/
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Nauci »

I shifted my view of Keyser like 20 pages ago and wanted to scrutinize mewtaph until Keyser returned

But the xtoxm interactions have, to me, revealed a very shaky ground for all of the reads he presented that makes his reads list seem like it was completely bullshitted. He was given space to interact like I promised, and the result is this read. I'm not even close to alone in calling out the inconsistency here, so why focus on me for this switch?

In addition, your change of heart was accompanied by a lot of posts that showed your thinking and followed the advice of many of your town reads as well as direct interactions and your own experience, while xtoxm called out the cue of someone he thought was scum with shoshin...
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1225, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1221, Varsoon wrote:Actually, the entire re-focus to Xtoxm over Key makes me very uncomfortable about Nauci.
I'm confident Nauci's town, but I would like to see a wagon build on Key. I think competing wagons on any of my bottom three scumreads would benefit this game a lot.
I'd be happy to go there if he was actually actively posting

Or are you saying that it'll take a real wagon to get him to even post?

I'm used to Keyser being a force of nature in games regardless of alignment so I just assume he's actually busy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Ayyy I'm not gonna take any ground until after you've flipped, my guy.
I'm putting my neck in the rope with you if you're scum here.

@Nancy: It doesn't look like it came from this game at all, though.
Anyone can just go in this game and tell, too.
You can click the post link and it'll bring you to where it originated.
I think the context he situated it in fits here.

I don't really think scum would try to pull a fast one about literally lying about the contents of a public game thread.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Is Key a force of nature as scum? I feel like he's much more aggressive as town, in a way that he hasn't been in this game, even when he's been here.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Varsoon, why are you still townreading Xtom despite totally bullshitted reads?
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1227, Nauci wrote:I shifted my view of Keyser like 20 pages ago and wanted to scrutinize mewtaph until Keyser returned

But the xtoxm interactions have, to me, revealed a very shaky ground for all of the reads he presented that makes his reads list seem like it was completely bullshitted. He was given space to interact like I promised, and the result is this read. I'm not even close to alone in calling out the inconsistency here, so why focus on me for this switch?

In addition, your change of heart was accompanied by a lot of posts that showed your thinking and followed the advice of many of your town reads as well as direct interactions and your own experience, while xtoxm called out the cue of someone he thought was scum with shoshin...
Yes exactly, so I don’t understand why Varsoon is misconstruing my post. Varsoon’s read change on Shoshin is completely believable, Xtomx’s really isn’t. And his sudden read change, after the suspicious quote lifting was called out, is really suspicious.

And why thank one of your top scumreads for giving you “perspective”? It was a complete sudden 180.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1225, Shoshin wrote:
I'd be pushing Nauci hard if it weren't for moments like this.
I still hold my suspicions, but you're right--we get a lot more out of cross-examining the people at the bottom of your reads right now.
In post 1227, Nauci wrote:I shifted my view of Keyser like 20 pages ago and wanted to scrutinize mewtaph until Keyser returned

The way you specifically moved your vote and pushed momentum came as scummy to me. Other people might have called it out, but you seem to have seen that as an opportunity to strike when the iron was hot and get people to get 'back aboard'.

My change of heart was initially a hands-throwing-up so-done-with-this situation that was followed by about 24 hours of me showing my ass with tongue-in-cheek sarcasm.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It's just like
I see a lot of myself in Xtoxm in this game
And it bothers me when so many people can justify scumreading him but not me.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I look forward to everyone blaming their mislynch for being soooooo scummy and having having terrible reads after I flip.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1229, Varsoon wrote:Ayyy I'm not gonna take any ground until after you've flipped, my guy.
I'm putting my neck in the rope with you if you're scum here.

@Nancy: It doesn't look like it came from this game at all, though.
Anyone can just go in this game and tell, too.
You can click the post link and it'll bring you to where it originated.
I think the context he situated it in fits here.

I don't really think scum would try to pull a fast one about literally lying about the contents of a public game thread.
But read the context of it. He used that quote to specifically shade Shoshin here, Just because he did not outright lie about where that quote originated, doesn’t mean, it wasn’t deliberately quoted here to shade Shoshin.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1119, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 46, Shoshin wrote: My record speaks for itself and it's not just Labyrinth. In my initial newbie game, I called scumteam on D1 and was named MVP. In American Presidents, I called scumteam on D2 after which I was nightkilled. Town went on to win. I played a key role in winning Supp Mafia, pushing lynches on scum from D2 to the last day phase, when we won. I lynched scum in the recent Epic game, after which scum used their sole kill in the whole game on me. I've won all my town games on this site except the one that you were in, where again I told you not to mislynch Irrelephant (you did), told town not to mislynch Reck (they did), and then got screwed by Nos trolling.

You really need to get over yourself.
This is the definition of boasting
In post 1106, Xtoxm wrote:How am I meant to not scum read shoshin here.
Going into this game all I see I about her are people worshipping her town game, and herself boasting about the perfection of her town game.

And then she death tunnels me.

So given the knowledge of my own alignment.

Do I respect her reputation, therefore indicating she's tunnelling me for a mislynch.

Or disregard her reputation and call her a townbeard.

Please explain how I not scum read shosin here.
@Varsoon, re: the bolded. He did deliberately try to make it sound like Shoshin actually posted that quote here.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

And ftr as this hydra keeps slandering me. I did NOT do that.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1238, Xtoxm wrote:And ftr as this hydra keeps slandering me. I did NOT do that.
The bolded says otherwise. How else did you expect that post to be read?

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1234, Varsoon wrote:It's just like
He's been pocketing you all game, so maybe try to separate yourself from that for a moment.

What specifically do you see of yourself in him that makes him towny this game? Like, he could be similar to you as a person and still be scum, right? What's the specific towny response that you're seeing?

You've done a lot of things that he hasn't done. If all you'd done was play like him, I'd be scumreading you. You've dropped some massive town tells in this game. He hasn't.

From my perspective, Xtom is scummy because he's acting on the basis of things he doesn't actually believe and he's doing it with a pro-scum intent. He doesn't actually believe that I have perfect read accuracy, for example, yet he holds me to that standard and then scumreads me for being "wrong" about him. To me, that looks like scum acting on the basis of things he doesn't actually believe in order to push a mislynch. Why would town do this?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1239, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 1238, Xtoxm wrote:And ftr as this hydra keeps slandering me. I did NOT do that.
I expected people to click on the link I included, but I guess it was hard for some people.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

Also, he lifted that quote AFTER not before he accused you of boasting
in THIS game

#106 was the accusation and #119, was the post, apparently backing it up.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1241, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1239, AlmostNancy wrote:
I expected people to click on the link I included, but I guess it was hard for some people.
Sure you did. Why would anyone think you had lifted a quote from another thread, without you specifically referencing it?

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by the worst »

Actually Xtoxm is reminding me of usual large game me as well. Check gunner mafia or heroes wanted. I seriously don't think this is scum coasting so much as town who isn't super comfortable / ~~in the zone~~
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1235, Xtoxm wrote:I look forward to everyone blaming their mislynch for being soooooo scummy and having having terrible reads after I flip.
Then town it up and catch some actual scum independent of how people are pushing stuff on you, my duder.
In post 1240, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1234, Varsoon wrote:It's just like
He's been pocketing you all game, so maybe try to separate yourself from that for a moment.

What specifically do you see of yourself in him that makes him towny this game? Like, he could be similar to you as a person and still be scum, right? What's the specific towny response that you're seeing?

You've done a lot of things that he hasn't done. If all you'd done was play like him, I'd be scumreading you. You've dropped some massive town tells in this game. He hasn't.

From my perspective, Xtom is scummy because he's acting on the basis of things he doesn't actually believe and he's doing it with a pro-scum intent. He doesn't actually believe that I have perfect read accuracy, for example, yet he holds me to that standard and then scumreads me for being "wrong" about him. To me, that looks like scum acting on the basis of things he doesn't actually believe in order to push a mislynch. Why would town do this?
Don't really consider myself pocketed, just looking out for someone that I know is a player I enjoy playing with. His position is very similar to mine and it makes it easier for me to relate to the position he's coming from and understand his reaction to you and his reads.

Who's to say I'm not scum and haven't just pocketed you by dropping those 'towntells' and AtE'ing like a caught chump? That's the thing--I don't really see duplicitous intent in Xtoxm's posts.

I never actually believed you had a 100% reads accuracy which exactly why I was voting you and posting things like "You're either scum or your judgment is flawed" in this very game.
I think that he's a really easy lynch regardless of align, though, and I don't think him flipping one way or the other really produces worthwhile associatives at this point, which is why I think it's far more strategic and worthwhile to give him room to breathe and engage with the game while we pursue one of the half-dozen other questionable slots. If the content he continues to produce doesn't add up, then he's created more interactions that are telling and worthwhile when we do lynch him. It's fairly simple.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1244, the worst wrote:Actually Xtoxm is reminding me of usual large game me as well. Check gunner mafia or heroes wanted. I seriously don't think this is scum coasting so much as town who isn't super comfortable / ~~in the zone~~
Maybe. I don't mind leaving him alive for a couple days to see how he plays.

How are you feeling about a Performer lynch at this point?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

VOTE: keyser has been online without engaging here
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 986, AlmostNancy wrote:Huh? Come again? Us or Nauci - re: the bolded.
I'm sorry - that was supposed to say Almost Nancy.
In post 992, skitter30 wrote:however, you telling this to me here is kinda scummy imo - it kinda says that you think compared to that previous towngame, you're coming across as scummy here; i feel like you're trying to downplay the differnces between here and there

p-edit that's townie for you i think???
I think you have done more to sort me than anybody has. Which is why I think skitter is town .
-----------

mew's looks an awful lot like having one foot out and one foot in the door.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 1014, Nauci wrote: Irrelephant could have been another informed player that there isn't a PGO

Though that'd be very specific and overly advantageous information I don't think Krazy would throw out

I don't know how well others' flavors and roles match but Rory swan ought to have been a gunsmith instead of pho is why I'm paranoid
I don't follow. Would you mind going through why you think he's informed another player that isn't a PGO?
What are you saying here?
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”